As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Brooklyn Nine-Nine] - The next time you see me I'm going to be all out of orgasms.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Also Holy is possibly my favorite character on tv right now.
    Sorry, Leslie.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I think there was a feeling with both Breaking In and Human Target where both had mixed critical reaction along with so-so ratings and Fox execs thought "well, the concept and cast could make these a hit, but they'll need our obviously brilliant creative minds for help!" and proceeded to network-note and reboot them to death. I think B99 has the critical acclaim and love from the network that we're not going to see any sort of reboot on the level of those shows.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Man, just when I think that Captain Holt can't get any better he does stuff like the latest episode.

What's up?

Zomro on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    You could also see a thing like Suburbagtory where in season 3 (I think that is the number, this current season) where yes it's still on the air but we are going to cut cast members to reduce budget.

The Golden Globes had no real impact on the ratings, similar to the no real rating bump that having the post-Super Bowl slot had.

So yes we love this show, industry has a proven track record of just not caring when it comes to what keeps a show on season after season with the same level of budget and support.

• Options
    Damn, season 2 already sucks and it's still 6 months away.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    useless4 wrote: »
    You could also see a thing like Suburbagtory where in season 3 (I think that is the number, this current season) where yes it's still on the air but we are going to cut cast members to reduce budget.

The Golden Globes had no real impact on the ratings, similar to the no real rating bump that having the post-Super Bowl slot had.

So yes we love this show, industry has a proven track record of just not caring when it comes to what keeps a show on season after season with the same level of budget and support.

Fox has basically no sitcoms and is trying to build a programming base before Idol inevitably dies. I expected them to give 99 at least another season because they think itll build an audience

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Anybody else notice Terry was in yellow face in that flashback? Really odd choice there.

It seemed more like his Young Terry makeup just wasn't working.

If Andre Braugher doesn't get a Comedy Best Supporting Emmy this year I will riot. He was the Secret Weapon in a show filled with Secret Weapons.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Nick Offerman's never been nominated for playing Ron Swanson, so prepare for disappointment.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Andre Braugher should win the Andre Braugher award for being the best Andre Braugher there is.

I cannot imagine a finer Andrew Braugher currently on television.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Why would you monsters remind me about the wonderfulness that was Human Target?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCkHqoEzoMc

(what a great intro)

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    On the other hand, I personally would never have known about this show if I hadn't let my TV stay on past the Super Bowl.

Anectdotal evidence is anectdotal, but it did work for for me and the wife.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    On the other hand, I personally would never have known about this show if I hadn't let my TV stay on past the Super Bowl.

Anectdotal evidence is anectdotal, but it did work for for me and the wife.

My mother of all people suggested it but I forgot until the Superbowl as well.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    This show is pretty good, Andy Samberg does a really good job of really selling his jokes.

Also, this whole season was worth it just to build up to Capt. Holt's What's up? I had the exact same look on my face as Jake did.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Show is moving to Sunday nights after the Simpsons, which seems like a good fit.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Aww, I liked watching it as a nightcap after Agents of SHIELD.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Yeah, behind The Simpsons seems good...I guess? I've basically stopped trying to determine when and what Nielsen families watch, since I'm baffled by nearly everything they do.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I just hope it doesn't conflict with other sunday shows. I prefer my sitcoms during the week as i like to watch them while I'm winding down and having some wine before bed. Plus, right now I have like 6 or 7 shows that all record on Sunday nights between 9 and 12 and my DVR can only do 2 simultaneously, hah.

• Options
    It the 8:30/7:30 slot, so you should be good as far as cable shows.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Huh, where does that move Bob's Burgers to then? When it's not already moved for Cosmos.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BB is going to be at 7:30/6:30.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I just hope it doesn't conflict with other sunday shows. I prefer my sitcoms during the week as i like to watch them while I'm winding down and having some wine before bed. Plus, right now I have like 6 or 7 shows that all record on Sunday nights between 9 and 12 and my DVR can only do 2 simultaneously, hah.

Gotta get them quad tuners, son.

Or, you know, just watch it on demand. ;)

• Options
    My time warner on demand is so unresponsive I hate trying to watch anything on it. I usually don't have any issues with just the dual tuners, though when it does pop up it's always annoying trying to make sure the stuff I want to watch gets recorded.

It still feels weird to me having B99 be with the animated stuff on sunday nights, but i guess there's more viewers to be had there. I would've expected them to keep it on Tuesday night with New Girl and Mindy Project but I guess not.

• Options
    It looks like they're breaking up the whole Animation Domination thing as there's another sitcom on Sundays after FG too.

I have vague memories of there being live action shows following the Simpsons years ago on Sunday nights.

• Options
    Maybe Fox is hoping that having some live action on Sunday nights means the Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Walking Dead, etc. audiences will be like oh cool, more real life people to watch on Sunday night during this time of year.

• Options
    Andre Braugher got nominated for "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series" Emmy. That's it for Emmy noms for B99 except for a "Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Comedy Series Or A Variety Program" nomination, which is apparently a thing.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Would've been posting more in this thread if the UK hadn't been showing it on a hefty delay, but I would just like the record to note that I think my two favourite moments from a series packed with excellent moments, would be Boyle's "JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKE" walking past Holt's office door, and Scully's absolutely perfect mix of terrified and confused "BUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the party episode.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    My favorite moment is the pre-credit teaser where Holt shows up with his arm in a cast. Then he tells Jake that he sprained it hula hooping, even shows him pictures on his cell phone.

When Jake ask why he is telling him this, Holt goes "because (deletes cell phone pictures) will ever believe you".

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    I'm glad that Andre Braugher got nominated and he really should win. He's amazing in this.

• Options
    Brooklyn 99 won the Stunt Coordination Emmy at the Creative Arts Emmys last night , so it's officially the "Emmy Award Winning Brooklyn 99" (hey, it counts!).

• Options
    Back tonight!

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I just started watching this show on hulu last week and I have already caught up. Every character is so good, just like Parks and Rec.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    So excited!

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Back on a Sunday? Aaaagh gotta clear the calendar.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    BOYLE BINGO!

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I hope we get a new theme song this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HM9tyNkUAg

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Watched the new episode, it was only 30m long, I could have swore they were 60m long episodes last season.

Otherwise, new episode was great.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    They were definitely not 60 minutes before. It's a comedy, only time you're going to see 60 minutes of it at a time is if/when they air 2 new episodes on the same night, which some shows do sometimes.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    "Every time you talk, I hear that sound that plays when Pacman dies."

<3

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Naked molerat represent!

Great comeback. I love Doyles hat

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.