As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scissor [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    But Geth loves you Cinders.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Ocean's 12 finished. Need more heist movies to get in the mood.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Why was I backup?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the music video to Invisible Light as well. But it's really NSFW, so I can't link it.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2013
    If a sentient robot loving a wonderful transgendered person is wrong, I don't want to live or chat in a place that's "right"

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

does Heat count

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    synd even your autocorrect errors are about apple

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

Hmmm...

Catch me if you can? Oh there was another one coming out soon I think I saw that looked like a good heist movie.

Ugh slow internet means it is hard to use my internet search to stir memories.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Snatch?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

does Heat count

Kind of but wrong kind of Heist film. If they go out guns blazing then they did it so very wrong.

• Options
    Oh what about The Italian Job? The original one not the redo with the minis though that one is fun.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    synd even your autocorrect errors are about apple

I almost didn't fix it because it was too perfect.

But I wanted to make sure that sentence made sense.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    @Elki

Commercial was dumb. Should've played up the 'This is basically a full-fledged Win8 PC in your hands' and less the 'lol app switching' thing.

Also how does iOS not have a Copy Image Location function.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Oh what about The Italian Job? The original one not the redo with the minis though that one is fun.

Watched it as prep already. And if our thief uses explosives and gets a complication, it's gonna be "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    All of this talk of Crusader Kings makes me want to try the game out.

I just worry that it will be one of those games that I lose interest in after a few hours, and then never play it again.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    that game of netrunner was so fuckin' intense

he got an early magnum opus and like a bazillion dollars, so i fueled an archer with project atlas, exiling it, and blew up his MO and an icebreaker. He immediately played another MO, and spent the whole game with a bazillion dollars. I never drew my economy, but eked along with some really heavy ice (rezzed an archer traditionally, then put an oversight AI on two more, and scored a priority req to rez a hadrian).

I finally got the creds and clicks accumulated to advance an ice wall 4 times, then used my last atlas token to dig for my geothermal fracking (all 3 HTs and atlases were accounted for) and score it with two tricks of light. Ended it with 10 cards left in the corp deck and 2 agendas unaccounted for. Both priority req, one in my trash protected by jackson howard and one in my R&D.

At one point the guy spent 15 credits using crypsis to run my HQ, blowing up an overseen archer and running through the bastion behind it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Sneakers.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Maybe the Usual Suspects?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Yes, this. Assuming you haven't seen it and managed to not actually have it spoiled yet...

• Options
    Also I am a little drunk because I threw back some whiskey after the end of that breaking bad episode.

Holy fuck.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cinders wrote: »

Always a good choice.

• Options
    I wonder if I have class tomorrow morning, or if I can just stay home and study.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    sunk several more hours into Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Was just planning on catching up to wherever I had been before I quit last time, but it grabbed me this time and I'm much further. No idea on % complete, though I'd suspect somewhere north of 70.

pretty good title

sneaking is fun, except when it doesn't work correctly

gunplay was fun, between the points where you have access to weapons

melee is kinda bad, and is occasionally necessary to proceed

all in all, I'm definitely enjoying it.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Sneakers.

Sneakers would be a good fit for them.

• Options
    Huh, apparently today was Celebrate Bisexuality Day.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    @Elki

Commercial was dumb. Should've played up the 'This is basically a full-fledged Win8 PC in your hands' and less the 'lol app switching' thing.

Chrome has the pain in my ass version of it, which is "open image in new tab" and then I copy the URL. It's 4 step process instead of 2, but ar least it lets me get at it. I don't use Safari on anything.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Inside Man?

• Options
    We've got a Mastermind/Grifter, a Hacker/Hitter, and a Thief/Grifter. So a lot of talking.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    so I told @Thomamelas I was going to get on Grand Theft Auto and I sat down in front of the TV and was like "I need a snack" and one thing led to another and now I am baking a cake

• Options
    That was kind of a thing.

So watching Adventure Time since internet be fritzing. And the one with Ice King and the Island came on. Good episode.

During it my background swapped to one of my AT backgrounds. This one is Ice King and Marceline one when Marcy is a kid and it is pink and happier. Then a blue one with sad Marceline and oblivious Ice King.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Guys in all seriousness, I'm pretty covered on Heist films. Hell mood music tonight included bits from:

Le Cercle Rouge
    Hudson Hawk
    Bob le Flambeur
    The Thomas Crown Affair (both of them)
    The Great Train Robbery
    Jackie Brown among others.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    so I told @Thomamelas I was going to get on Grand Theft Auto and I sat down in front of the TV and was like "I need a snack" and one thing led to another and now I am baking a cake

Does the cake have a nail file in it?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    oh no

Joanna Newsom and Andy Samberg got married

this is the worst news ever

• Options
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Guys in all seriousness, I'm pretty covered on Heist films. Hell mood music tonight included bits from:

Le Cercle Rouge
    Hudson Hawk
    Bob le Flambeur
    The Great Train Robbery

5/7

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    @Elki

Chrome has the pain in my ass version of it, which is "open image in new tab" and then I copy the URL. It's 4 step process instead of 2, but ar least it lets me get at it. I don't use Safari on anything.

What is this, 1950??

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

Le Cercle Rouge
    Hudson Hawk
    Bob le Flambeur
    The Great Train Robbery

5/7

Which two?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @emnmnme

regarding ISPs

For an office of less than 5 where rock-solid connectivity is not important, then business-class cable is fine

Otherwise there are basically three options

Metro ethernet or fiber, which are available in limited markets but are fast (for the money) and reliable.

or digital subscriber line, which is reliable and available damn near anywhere but is slow (for the money).

I say "for the money" because in a business environment you can always get as fast as you need to by bundling multiple connections together, you just end up paying more

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

one of my favorite movie intros ever.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

one of my favorite movie intros ever.

Same. The music is absolutely perfect considering it's the theme song to a different movie. But that first long shot of her standing still and the background moving is both static and dynamic at the same. While also being symbolic.

This discussion has been closed.