As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. [Godzilla] HAIL GHIDORAH!

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Mothra is female so I don't know what you're expecting.

Genderless cursing probably. You know, the less offensive stuff.

Mothra is an asshole, a worthless shit, etc etc let your mind wander

see how may you can come up with in a minute then try to break that record

Really? Are we going to have a social justice conversation over a giant rubber monster?

Maybe it's the use of those words at all rather than what they are directed at

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    So if I call someone a dick, I should be ashamed of myself for impugning men's tools?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I guess that depends. Are you going to throw a hissy over your desire to use gendered slurs about a rubber monster?

As a Reptilian I object to your usage of the word hissy. That's appropriation.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh hey what's going on in he-

Hmm.

Well done.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I guess that depends. Are you going to throw a hissy over your desire to use gendered slurs about a rubber monster?

As a Reptilian I object to your usage of the word hissy. That's appropriation.

You're a goose.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I feel like I should clear this up since there seems to be some confusion: it is absolutely within the rules of this board to call Mothra a cunt.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    So if I call someone a dick, I should be ashamed of myself for impugning men's tools?

No, because men don't tend to discriminated against in the day to day.

Also because at this point dick as a curse is reeeeeeeeally divorced from the male gender.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Who said it was against the forum rules?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Who said it was against the forum rules?

The various people who reported it.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Also because at this point dick as a curse is reeeeeeeeally divorced from the male gender.

At this point, I would say the same about the "b" word.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

At this point, I would say the same about the "b" word.

you'd be staggeringly wrong

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    So I just made plans with a friend to go see the new Godzilla movie when it comes out at the local (45 minutes away) drive-in theater.

I'm officially hyped for this movie.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Just got an estimate on my Godzilla half-sleeve tattoo, should be able to have it done before the movie comes out. I'm both excited and terrified, I've never gotten anything that big done before.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

Uh

No it isn't?

sarukun on
  • Options
    SO THAT GODZILLA SURE IS COOL.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I dunno. He seems like a bit of a genital to me.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    What a cussing cuss.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Just got an estimate on my Godzilla half-sleeve tattoo, should be able to have it done before the movie comes out. I'm both excited and terrified, I've never gotten anything that big done before.

What design are you gonna use? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those old japanese wood painting or brushstroke dragons, but Godzilla instead.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Mothra took on Death-Ghidorah. Which frankly is at least three times as metal as King Ghidorah.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, I've always preferred classic flavor King Ghidorah to the weird four-legged versions they used in the later movies. The bizarre marionette-motions of the heads combined with the roar gave him a great sense of crazyness.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Mothra took on Death-Ghidorah. Which frankly is at least three times as metal as King Ghidorah.

And it only took like 7 power ups to get there. It was 3 movies of 'HAHA THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM'.

Also using the equation More Names x Original Form/(Power Level) +Metal² how much more metal is Grand King Ghidorah or Hyper Mecha King Ghidorah?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What a cussing cuss.

The cuss am I?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Tangentially, I remember Mothra being pretty rad in the nes game. I had to use her to defeat Gigan.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    What a cussing cuss.

The cuss am I?

Don't you point and cuss at me!

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

What design are you gonna use? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those old japanese wood painting or brushstroke dragons, but Godzilla instead.

I was thinking of using the comic-con poster for the new movie, the one with the wrecked building in the shape of Godzilla, but in the end I decided I'm gonna go with this painting, with the Japanese characters for Gojira along the bottom.
    QvEYB8P.jpg

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    What a cussing cuss.

The cuss am I?

Don't you point and cuss at me!

tumblr_movk8zT2HL1qea6ooo1_1280.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Godzilla_Awakening_cover.jpg?1395849365

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

I was thinking of using the comic-con poster for the new movie, the one with the wrecked building in the shape of Godzilla, but in the end I decided I'm gonna go with this painting, with the Japanese characters for Gojira along the bottom.
    QvEYB8P.jpg

I think that was my desktop for a while. Very nice.

• Options
    Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    Tangentially, I remember Mothra being pretty rad in the nes game. I had to use her to defeat Gigan.

She was pretty key early on for handling bosses that could pin Godzilla. I used her with the NES Max controller and turbo and quite a few bosses couldn't get close to you if you hit them in the right spot. Then I learned how to cheese Godzilla's tail swipe and that made boss fights with him a lot safer, at least for those he couldn't knock out immediately with a breath attack.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    So for a minute there I thought this was the tattoo you wanted:

j84zAi0.jpg
    SbloHv5.png

• Options
    edited March 2014
    For a minute there you were right! I've though very seriously about throwing the silhouette in at the bottom.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

I love the one where ゴジラ is spelled out in the negative space of the rubble!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh...I saw the Godzilla thread jump 40 posts and I thought something cool was announced.

Carry on.

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

I love the one where ゴジラ is spelled out in the negative space of the rubble!

While not my favorite poster, I do like how the Chris Skinner one has the boy holding what looks like a Gipsy Danger figure.

Marek on
    XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    New Godzilla extended trailer

It features
    Cranston's character's wife trying to reach the exist before it's closed by Cranston.
    Cranston talking to his son about her death.
    A shot of the people on the beach before the tidal wave hits.
    And finally, a REALLY quick shoot at one of the other monsters' mouth
    Overall I'm still on the hype train for this movie and hope it ends up being good

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So the trailer for the Asian markets has been released and shows a lot more of the new monsters and Godzilla and them fighting.

Be spoiled if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1pX97_0rxU

You may be asking is it weird to have a raging boner after this?

It would weird if you didn't.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I
    need
    this
    movie

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I hope the new thread title isn't the giant spoiler I think it is :(

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's just a Hail Hydra reference with the multiple heads and all
    There is no indication Gidorah is in this