As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Thread Has Hit A Tire Wall

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Basticle wrote: »
    is this for real
    @Basticle It is, as Eclibull pointed out. Also, I miss racing with you and in your championships.
    Internet went as expected. Womp-womp.
    In light of Knight's comment, I propose Miata Thursday. Let's make C, B, and A-class Miatas to all fuck around in for a few road trips.
    Thirded.
    Out of curiosity what do you guys have for your average handling rating for your cars in A, B, and C class?

A - 6.9ish with a max of 7.7 in a car I just built to handle better. And for reference the Willy's Jeep is 6.1
    B - 5.7 with a max of 6.6
    C - 5.6 with a max of 6.1
    7.3 average for A
    6.9 for B
    6.1 for C

I can't say how competitive my C class cars are, since we don't really race C class, but I think I do alright in A and B.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what do you guys have for your average handling rating for your cars in A, B, and C class?

A - 6.9ish with a max of 7.7 in a car I just built to handle better. And for reference the Willy's Jeep is 6.1
    B - 5.7 with a max of 6.6
    C - 5.6 with a max of 6.1
    7.3 average for A
    6.9 for B
    6.1 for C

I can't say how competitive my C class cars are, since we don't really race C class, but I think I do alright in A and B.

Welp this might be why my B class cars are hilariously horrible. 5.7 vs 6.9
    >_>
    <_<

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So I picked Horizon 2 up. Having a lot of fun with it so far.

e: Never mind, club unlock is in the OP.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Joined the club. Hopefully I'll get to race with some of you guys online soon.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

If it wasn't obvious from the OP or other posts we always get together on Tuesday and Thursday at 9pm EST.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Passing Eclibull and the other view from that crash with Arctic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65UxfG6fPk

• Options
    Completely unrelated to Forza
    My wife posted this to facebook today:
    I thought it would be a good day to fulfill our social media obligation of announcing the upcoming birth of a little <redacted> Cows. Premiering this August, The Next Generation, staring Commander <redacted> Cow. Resistance is futile, little Fritter. We will add your biological distinctiveness to our own. [And by the way, blue is for science officer. We are choosing to be surprised by the sex of our little Fritter!
    5q04hek31b8g.jpg

• Options
    You guys and your moving forward with your lives ...
    Congrats.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Video of recent incidents from my view.
    First is my Audi TT deciding that only half the car actually wanted to jump.
    Second is my view of Blue team's last minute driving-on-a-LM-roof-based tactic to steal a clean sweep.
    Third is the bottom of Cows' car again. Coincidentally it also shows the animating vent-thingy on the hood of my chevelle that I was trying to describe.

https://youtu.be/nGD3fcouINs

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Coincidentally it also shows the animating vent-thingy on the hood of my chevelle that I was trying to describe.

Well that isn't the intake manifold or blower but I'm just going to keep calling it that because reasons.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I don't even understand that audi TT one. did gravity suddenly turn off for the back half of the car.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I mean ... Storm Island + Suspension = intrinsic silliness. Since when has trying to rationalize that helped us? :P

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    @GnomeTank going to race with us tonight? 9 PM EDT.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'll try. I didn't make Tuesday because of the Bloodborne release, and today I have a horrible, horrible cold and just want to go to sleep...but I may hop on for a few.

e: Probably won't make it tonight. I need to get my mic setup on my XBox which I haven't done yet, and I'm running a fever. I'm not even playing Bloodborne right now because I want to just lay down...that should tell you something.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    @Bloodsheed yea I watched that video, it was really good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It's also 15 gigs, so ... Jesus.

That will nestle nicely with the only other two games I have FM5 and FH2. :so_raven: :hydra: :snap:

Eclibul you need to trim your clips down. :P

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    So do you guys regularly use Storm Island during your Tuesday/Thursday play session? I had no plans to get it, because frankly off roading and trucks have absolutely no appeal to me...but if it's regularly used during the PA play sessions, I might.

• Options
    So do you guys regularly use Storm Island during your Tuesday/Thursday play session? I had no plans to get it, because frankly off roading and trucks have absolutely no appeal to me...but if it's regularly used during the PA play sessions, I might.

We bounce back and forth a lot. Sometimes not of our own choosing (there's a nasty bug in multiplayer since SI came out that basically crashes every race on the mainland some nights and we can't figure a surefire way to work around it). The group is largely split on what everyone prefers but we'll certainly accommodate if you don't want to pick it up right away. I will say that the SI upgrades can make off roading a lot more palatable if you build your cars out using them and with off-road in mind (read that as "AWD").

• Options
    edited March 2015

recently we've done more mainland stuff, but that's after a streak of about 3 months of almost entirely storm island. so it depends I guess.

also depends if Vishnuman shows up and forces us to do storm island.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Damn it, guys, it's Shiva! :P

Anyway, yeah, some people definitely have a preference between mainland and SI, but we've still a very accommodating group. Just show up and see if you even like playing with us before you commit to the purchase.
    (Storm Island also has some inherent frustrations which could make it off-putting to start with)

• Options
    Damn it, guys, it's Shiva! :P

Anyway, yeah, some people definitely have a preference between mainland and SI, but we've still a very accommodating group. Just show up and see if you even like playing with us before you commit to the purchase.
    (Storm Island also has some inherent frustrations which could make it off-putting to start with)

Literally looked it up before I posted, Vishnu is depicted with 4 arms!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so uh
    if you own horizon 2 and you download the standalone thing, do those cars ever go into horizon?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    so uh
    if you own horizon 2 and you download the standalone thing, do those cars ever go into horizon?

They never said but it's looking like No. Or at least Not Yet. Which is a bummer.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    so uh

They never said but it's looking like No. Or at least Not Yet. Which is a bummer.

well that sucks and is stupid

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I was studying for an interview and completely forgot it was Vroom Vroom night. Oh well even if I remembered I still would have been studying.

Vroom vroom for me *tear*.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    I was studying for an interview and completely forgot it was Vroom Vroom night. Oh well even if I remembered I still would have been studying.

It was a night of "We all built Track cars for some reason, why did we all build track cars, OH GOD MY SPLITTER CAUGHT THE CURB*crash*". And yet, we all controlled better than poor Arctic's stock-Bowler.

• Options
    True that ...
    California is still a wonderful drive though. <3

• Options

It was a night of "We all built Track cars for some reason, why did we all build track cars, OH GOD MY SPLITTER CAUGHT THE CURB*crash*". And yet, we all controlled better than poor Arctic's stock-Bowler.

I think the rule of thumb here is to never build track cars for FH2 or SI. Then again I make lots of bad decisions in building cars, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

• Options

I think the rule of thumb here is to never build track cars for FH2 or SI. Then again I make lots of bad decisions in building cars, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

Orrrrr you could do it and have a lot of fun with them! The Caterham is one of my favorite S1 cars in FH2.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Orrrrr you could do it and have a lot of fun with them! The Caterham is one of my favorite S1 cars in FH2.

Oh, I loved my new A class Maserati with maximum rim-size that you can't actually see between the ground and the front splitter, it just meant offroad was a bit of an adventure. And the curbs. I think Michel was loving his similarly setup Corvette.

My S1 race 1970 Challenger was stupid for reasons other than Race suspension and tires (mainly gearing, which I fixed, and C-to-S1-ness, which I can't).

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Admit it, you guys loved my S1 four rotor Miata on stock tires. :P

I think I might have had enough PI to widen the tires from 185 to 205.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    I deserve all of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTBWpwEZXeg

Knight, I made a Caterham to go up against yours.
    2t9a6gyhi062.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2015
    P.S. you guys all need to try and show up tonight. I've been stressed with all the interviews and studying for interviews so I need decompression vroom vroom times with you guys.

Which reminds me, @MegaPureiboi how is your search going?

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    FYI for anyone interested the (just finished last month) Horizon 2 DLC Season Pass is one of the Deals with Gold this month, 50% off, cutting it to $12.50 on the US store. The game itself is also on sale, with the base version 20% off (making it $47.99) and the Deluxe version, which includes VIP, at 30% off (so $48.99).

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    My search has led to nothing but dead-ends so far.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hmmmmm $12.50 I'll take the Season Pass at that price. :D
    My search has led to nothing but dead-ends so far.

Boo-urns. You were looking for mechie positions, right? Are there a lot of those companies in your area?

CommunistCow on