As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ten minutes is your [chat] deadline.

descdesc Goretexing to deathRegistered User regular
2gJ23DHl.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ily

poo
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Way to take control of the situation. I am on a bus. So.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Felt like I was going to suffocate without a chat thread

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    aaand fuck it I'm going home

and i might grab some wings at mcdonalds on the way because

fuck it

I've spent hours sorting screws and mounting brackets into a dozen bins

override367 on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Back when I was of college age, and lived college-adjacent, we used to get hash from these Turkish kids who would then proceed to take us to school in games of foosball.

Those Turkish kids can play some damned foosball.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I'm not having a stroke

I could describe the relationship between the revolutionary étude and the November uprising and subsequent Polish revolutionary romantic nationalism but that seems too easy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    trying to tell my little one to eat all his dinner before we play Lego Marvel Super Heroes

problem is im eating the same thing and its not all that great, but I dont have the heart to tell my fiancee.

:?

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    minimalist%20glitch.gif

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Razor's EdgeThe Razor's Edge Simple, but effective Ain't nothing fancyRegistered User regular
    Fussball.

• Options
    But Chopin never composed in Vienna so that is a nonstarter

fuck

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @DonkeyKong

I've never actually had Visio eat a file.

• Options
    @podly @elendil @desc thoughts?

I need a Vienna school piece with strong historical context

Alternatively I can be lazy and talk about smetana

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Podly wrote: »
    minimalist%20glitch.gif

tumblr_mtg6wffpun1qlp4x9o1_500.gif

desc on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i think the late 90's early 00's was a really interesting time for metal

you had a ton of bands come out and release really interesting things, heavy-bass-mixed four-on-the-floor type songs with heavy influences from electronic music, some even using samplers and drum machines

and it seems like so many of the neat bands from that time period were one album and done

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

does it have to be about vienna?

you could do Haydn's london symphonies

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oooh Liszt could be fucking awesome

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Fussball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_football
    Table football, also known as foosball, fussball, futsal, kicker, or biliardino, is a table-top game and sport that is loosely based on association football.[1]

gb1e63096.gif

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Actual smart guy stuff about this is outside my wheelhouse, I 'm afraid.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So it is one of those weeks.

14 year old in Mass kills a teacher, the school shooting in Nevada and since they come in threes police shot a 13 year old in Cali holding a replica.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    minimalist%20glitch.gif

this gif is my week with more coughing and sneezing and shivering.

• Options
    off to work

fight the good fight, comrades

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    XP awards in GTA O don't feel like they scale very well.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

14 year old in Mass kills a teacher, the school shooting in Nevada and since they come in threes police shot a 13 year old in Cali holding a replica.

Don't forget the dude in Las Vegas who got shot because he looked like the gun dude cops were looking for.

• Options

does it have to be about vienna?

you could do Haydn's london symphonies

It doesn't have to be about Vienna specifically but I do need to tie it into historical trends within or directly relating to the Empire of Austria / Kingdom of Hungary or constituent parts therein

If I can find any piece from the Austrian Netherlands prior to it becoming Belgium that would also count, as would stuff from Lombardy-Venezia prior to the revolutions and unification of Italy

But Vienna and Prague and Budapest are fertile enough ground really

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Discussion of what to do with false ID (read: the ID wasn't fake, but it was used by the wrong person, which is under the same paragraph, but with higher penalty) in the door makes me feel like I'm vicariously working tonight through that when instead I'm sitting here preparing to go to sleep early and not really wanting to.

The conclusion to this thrilling tale was that the girl had been turned away and the card will be given to the police tomorrow.

Also I am trying to figure out who this girl going all well that's not falsifying so she should just get a talking-to and when told that no, it falls under § 372 just as much, with the maximum penalty even higher, she's like well it could have serious consequences for her if it goes to the cops and well no shit

but the point was moot because we can't hold her there or anything. SOP seems to be to report every instance of forged ID to the cops - which is possible since it's their ID with numbers changed we've got and not someone else's.

also, when I was young, I never bothered with fake ID - didn't know anyone older who looked like me, fiddling with my own is an idea I wrote off because yeah that's not going to be super obvious - but a lot of people I knew were very casual about it.

I will make myself availible for speaking engagements where I tell them that it is actually serious. And not in a usual grown-up way where eeeeverything is actually serious, but like "no seriously, it'll go on your record and the minimum is a 1500,- fine and it will be reported if caught. Like people take Document Falsification reeeeeeaaaally seriously. That goes for tricksing with your grade sheet to - please don't. That's gonna be so much worse."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    thoughts?

which viennese school

i'm not exactly sure what you have in mind but the first thing that i thought of was schoenberg's ode to napoleon (1942)

that probably has some political or social whatsit

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    minimalist%20glitch.gif

this gif is my week with more coughing and sneezing and shivering.

Poor little waif :c

• Options
    iPhone peeps: is the new update any good?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Discussion of what to do with false ID (read: the ID wasn't fake, but it was used by the wrong person, which is under the same paragraph, but with higher penalty) in the door makes me feel like I'm vicariously working tonight through that when instead I'm sitting here preparing to go to sleep early and not really wanting to.

The conclusion to this thrilling tale was that the girl had been turned away and the card will be given to the police tomorrow.

Also I am trying to figure out who this girl going all well that's not falsifying so she should just get a talking-to and when told that no, it falls under § 372 just as much, with the maximum penalty even higher, she's like well it could have serious consequences for her if it goes to the cops and well no shit

but the point was moot because we can't hold her there or anything. SOP seems to be to report every instance of forged ID to the cops - which is possible since it's their ID with numbers changed we've got and not someone else's.

also, when I was young, I never bothered with fake ID - didn't know anyone older who looked like me, fiddling with my own is an idea I wrote off because yeah that's not going to be super obvious - but a lot of people I knew were very casual about it.

I will make myself availible for speaking engagements where I tell them that it is actually serious. And not in a usual grown-up way where eeeeverything is actually serious, but like "no seriously, it'll go on your record and the minimum is a 1500,- fine and it will be reported if caught. Like people take Document Falsification reeeeeeaaaally seriously. That goes for tricksing with your grade sheet to - please don't. That's gonna be so much worse."

When I was 15, I got a fake ID from my stepbrother. He did moderately good work.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    watching freaks and geeks finale againnn

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    thoughts?

which viennese school

i'm not exactly sure what you have in mind but the first thing that i thought of was schoenberg's ode to napoleon (1942)

that probably has some political or social whatsit

Prior to 1914 so that excludes most of the second unfortch

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    or maybe the magic flute

wasn't that one of the only operas of its time in german?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Don't forget the dude in Las Vegas who got shot because he looked like the gun dude cops were looking for.

Was sticking with shooters or dead or both being under 18. The Las Vegas one hasn't popped up in my news ticker.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I knew some kids in highschool that used school computers/printers to make really good looking fake IDs. The 90s were pretty great in a small town with access to a decent printer.

• Options

Was sticking with shooters or dead or both being under 18. The Las Vegas one hasn't popped up in my news ticker.

Oh, I see. Vegas dude didn't die afaik

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    e5xj1rW.jpg
    AIEukr3.jpg

Wreck earlier this afternoon nearby.
    Grand Am crossed the median on I-85 in a construction zone and hit an Armada head on.
    Needless to say, the outcome was not good for the driver of the Pontiac.

Bless your heart.
This discussion has been closed.