As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steven Universe] 1. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY 2. SAY IT

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Awww, Steven... 8->

If there was ever any doubt before about his abilities as a leader, it's long gone now.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Riptor brought up an interesting thought about the tape

What if "Take care of them, Steven" was also a reference to the other gems?

Makes The Test that much more emotional.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Finally caught up on the last 3 episodes.

Those were all great.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Just posted the first podcast. I am an audacity virign so the audio is a bit wonky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkbnQ2rNwO8

If you guys want to join in just let me know in a pm. I'll eventually host it somewhere if we get a decent chunk of episodes recorded.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I would love to join in but I don't have a microphone

• Options
    Bummer. We could have introduced you as Centipeedles brother

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I have come to a sage resolution that Garnett is the best gem because she has three eyes. :3

• Options
    Thats canon actually. Her third eye gives her spidey sense and precognition

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    ...yup! And those with three eyes are always cooler.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    On that note I thought about how gems can lose limbs and such and realized Garnet might be two severely injured Gems that fused to stay alive. It would explain her asymetry and lack of extra limbs; there wasnt enough material to make them

King Riptor on
  • Options
    That or the two gems were small enough that their fusion was just a normal looking person.

Which could also explain Stevonnie.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    (Pearl is the best)

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Goatmon wrote: »
    That or the two gems were small enough that their fusion was just a normal looking person.

Which could also explain Stevonnie.

I imagine they were small siblings or even twins that fused. She does have several traits of a fusion which is the fact she has two gems and more than two eyes and, while not a true giant, is certainly much taller, stronger, and more durable than anyone else.

Chimera on
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    (Pearl is the best)

That's not how you spell Garnet.

• Options
    You know one thing that would support the idea of twins merging is that identical twins are often thought to have some sort of subconscious or psychic connection and so it could be argued that in this world with two twins merging their personalities and individual selves are so close to the same that the fusion results in a gem that does not have enough of a self of its two selves to want to separate or become destabilized enough to seperate.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The best part of Garnet being a possible fusion, means multiple fusions are possible, since Garnet can fuse with the other gems.

So Garnet/Pearl/Ameythst could fuse together, then fuse together with Stevonnie to form some super fusion.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    It would also explain why fusions involving Garnet tend to be less stable from what we've seen

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So I saw Rebecca Sugar at a voice acting panel at MagFest.

Being the only person up there who was not a voice actor, everybody demanded she sing all of her lines while playing a ukulele.

She also did her best impersonation of a Batman voice.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    She also backed Mike Rosson up as he sang this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkUx-wlI4ZU

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    The best part of Garnet being a possible fusion, means multiple fusions are possible, since Garnet can fuse with the other gems.

So Garnet/Pearl/Ameythst could fuse together, then fuse together with Stevonnie to form some super fusion.

This was covered a few episodes ago when....
    ...Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst fused into one to act as Steven's mom in order to impress Connie's parrents.

• Options
    Yo Trippy I'm glad someone made that panel

I was on shift in the console room for that time slot, and my buddies went to the autograph line instead of the panels, because it was timed so you could only do one or the other

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Wait no woops I'm thinking of the actual SU panel

But yes MAGFest was a blast this year in spite of my ride ditching me and stranding me there an extra day, which actually only made it better

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »

...Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst fused into one to act as Steven's mom in order to impress Connie's parrents.
    plus we already had pretty strong evidence of a 4-way fusion...
    offyc3c.png

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I am on Team Pearl, now

No regrets

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Yo Trippy I'm glad someone made that panel

I was on shift in the console room for that time slot, and my buddies went to the autograph line instead of the panels, because it was timed so you could only do one or the other

Shit, I had no idea other peeps were there! I would've tried finding you if I'd known.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    well here's a heads-up that I'm almost guaranteed to be at every MAG for the near future

• Options
    Chimera wrote: »

plus we already had pretty strong evidence of a 4-way fusion...
    offyc3c.png

Indeed! You can clearly see the traits of all four of the Gems (Rose, Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet).

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I've never noticed what I thought was a helmet looks to be a mask instead.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    oh and at the Sugar autograph session my buddy Dave got her to write down the chords for the Coach Steven jam

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    6xO04a4.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the things I find online

sometimes

they frighten me

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Pearl isnt Moe.
    For future reference
    Garnet is Kuudere
    Amethyst is Tsundere
    Pearl is Yandere

• Options
    Pearl isnt Moe.
    For future reference
    Garnet is Kuudere
    Amethyst is Tsundere
    Pearl is Yandere

I can proudly admit I don't know what any of that means.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    And you are a better person for it, chimera.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Pearl isn't yan at all. yandere implies clingy romantic jealousness to the point of being a psychopath, where Pearl is more plucky and compulsive to the point of being a liability at her very worst

Garnet is definitely kuudere tho and Amethyst is a bit ambiguous between a few points on the tsundere/bokukko spectrum

• Options
    this is, of course, all implying that the gems are all moe

and it's not like I think about them that way, g-geez, dummy

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I think Pearl is probably more of a Kakishomoyuntaro.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Whatever Pearl is, she's my bishi

• Options
    Also my waifu

This discussion has been closed.