As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

now THIS is homestuck

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    the no homestuck days always seem a bit eerie

what is the pattern

what does it mean

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Gnomestuck Day

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    those are the days on which undrew hussisn't updates reverse nega-homestuck

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    the no homestuck days always seem a bit eerie

what is the pattern

what does it mean

This is actually the first 5x one as well. I just quickly looked through my TIH files, I think there is like one more.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    destroy all traces of homestuck

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i read a bunch of random chunks of homestuck yesterday

man i miss homestuck

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    no homestuck 5x combo is going to be relevant in the end of homestuck. maybe relevant pages deleted to make uh.. that.. guy... able to be beaten.

huh. I forgot his name.... huh.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    448295fc1c75120dc8ecfff3b990d35b11ee0d23.png

• Options
    This is co-narrated by Dave and Terezi, isn't it?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Oh my god is Dave playing dolls with terezi

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Today in Homestuck
    July 22

2009: 2 pages, 1 flash: [ S] ==>==>==>!!!!!!!!!. John is rudely interrupted by a monster. STRIFE!
    7/22/2009 Page 2293
    [ S] ==>==>==>!!!!!!!!!
    Audio: "Showtime" ("16 bit" version, aka. "Imp Strife Remix") by Malcolm Brown, arr. by George Buzinkai
    JOHN is confronted by a SHALE IMP who is weilding your bunny! DON'T MOVE OR THE BUNNY GETS IT
    AGGRIEVE: PUT THE BUNNY BACK IN THE BOX
    John attempts to attack with his SLEDGEHAMMER but loses his balance, drops the sledgehammer and his knocked cold from the fall to the floor as the sledgehammer breaks.

2010: No update.

2011: 12 pages. Another panels page. Up top, the Doc's apartment is apparently empty. Below, the "==>" bowl is slightly lower than previously. We have five panels to choose from.
    Left: "DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE PUPPY" Jade, Past Karkat, and Future Kanaya begin their memo with Karkat wondering why Jade is letting Jack just follow her around. She says that she figures there's more than a little bit of Bec in him and is therefore loyal to her, but Karkat is wary, which is when she catches him stomping on of the dozens of frogs that litter her living room. She equips a newspaper to her strife specibus and proceeds to wap him on the head with it. Kanaya notes that the agents of Derse seem to hate the frogs universally. Anyway, Karkat is still wondering what Echnida told Jade. Kanaya explains that she told Jade to go back to the palace for one last piece of advice to find the "Final Frog Required To Complete The Gene Sequence", which notes she was searching for when Karkat made them all fight their Black King. Karkat begins to grow impatient and worries about what will happen in his future, which is when Kanaya lets slip that "Im A Vampire Now Apparently" which Karkat figures is a joke of some sort and makes a reference while talking about the Alternian rainbow drinker movie genre. They convince him to stick around just a bit longer, though, and Jade finally begins to explain what Echnida helped her remember: when she was very young and beginning to sleepwalk on both Earth and Prospit, she encountered a frog. The main panel bifurcates and shows both versions of young Jade. On Earth, we see a lily pad on her island's lagoon, and on Prospit, a brilliant spirograph kernel with a multi-colored core. On Earth, wearing a version of her Propsit dress that has a green crescent with the SkaiaNet logo in it, she woke up and found herself on the shores of the lagoon. Just then, a WHITE FROG with multicolored eyes -IFICATES right before her eyes. The frog hopped to her, and while in her hands a quick green burst of energy zapped the frog and killed it, as Bec looks on. As a response to the incident, Jade's Grandpa built her dreambot, so not only could it do the walking around instead of her, but also record her dreams. (She suspects he knew her dreams would be important but doesn't know why.) Back in the present, the frog is now on her ectobiology monitory. Karkat is ready to wrap things up, but he asks what Echnida made her agree to. Jade says it had to do with mortality, which Kanaya notes seems to be a common theme. Jade finally reveals her impossible agreement:
    ?GG: that whenever we left this place
    ?GG: and wherever we end up going
    ?GG: she had to come
    PCG: HUH?
    ?GG: not just echidna but all the denizens
    ?GG: their palaces their consorts their lands...
    ?GG: everything
    ?GG: i have to bring them all with us

2012: No update.

2013: No update.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    1144b027bb4e3f1a4f04e22b52ff48fb99b2857e.png

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I like how these comics are tagged 'scalemate noir'

like that is a genre that is going to be further explored

• Options
    Distractionfish is a pretty good trollword. It's no tallcircle but it's pretty good.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    So this is Dave and Terezi playing with scalemates together right?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I miss dave and tz

• Options
    Today in Homestuck
    July 23

2009: 4 pages. 1 flash: [ S] GET UP JOHN, THIS IS NO TIME FOR SLUMBER. Rose exits her house, to the sight of her house's TRANSFORMER fried by a lightning strike. Across the yard is the MAUSOLEUM and PORTABLE GENERATOR. She grabs her UMBRELLA from her sylladex, but since it is currently the root card, all the other items fall out as well. After picking them up (except for the 'W' magnet), she begins her trek across the yard. Meanwhile, John fights on.
    7/23/2009 Page 2297
    [ S] GET UP JOHN, THIS IS NO TIME FOR SLUMBER.
    Audio: "Showtime" ("16 bit" version, aka. "Imp Strife Remix") by Malcolm Brown, arr. by George Buzinkai
    JOHN attempts to attack again. This time, YOU are in control. You hit the imp several times with the handle of the sledgehammer, damaging him somewhat. But then he hits you with the BUNNY!

2011: No update.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Hey, so I'm giving away this over on the tumbles
    IMG_9260b.jpg

I figured one of you fine peeps might want it, it's over on chairman-miaow.tumblr.com

• Options
  • Options
    Today in Homestuck
    July 24

2009: 2 pages. The narration informs us that picking up the 'W' magnet never crossed Rose's mind. We zoom out a bit, and can see flaming bits of rock streak across the screen, and beyond the treeline, a burning forest. Presently not on fire is the mausoleum and generator.

2011: 9 pages.
    Top left: Tavros and Gamzee are having a chat at some point in the past, though the not-too-distant past. Gamzee is rapping about "mIrAcLeS" and his beats that are, according to Tavros, "sOO STRICT". Their banter seems to us to be somewhat homoerotic, but that's silly of course because trolls wouldn't know what that is. While Gamzee raps about miracles and Faygo, Tavros raps about his legs and wishing he could fly. Back on the mic, Gamzee raps about the "bEaUtY Of tHe cArNiVaL" which involves apparently killing a bunch of trolls. They repeat the chorus (wherein Tavros can't bring himself to say "fuckin'"), and then Gamzee talks about how "ChIiL" he feels with Tavros and says once they get into the game Tavros should visit his hive so they could "mAkE OuT A LiTtLe". Tavros has no idea what to make of the red solicitation.
    Bottom: The rear third of a Dersite battleship (recently destroyed by Jack), containing WV on the bridge, hurtles toward a spirograph portal. At just the last second, a shuttle containg the Bunny (who still has the tumor) exits the ship and escapes the portal. The portal sends the ship toward what appears to be Earth (complete with Jade's stuff from [ S] Jade: Enter in orbot). WV and the ring are tossed about the bridge as the hunk of metal enters the atmosphere. The remnant of the ship blazes a red trail across the sky right above a humongous white tree with what appears to be a metal apple with a Sburb logo on it. PM (her shroudwear still golden) blinks in disbelief at the calamity as it streaks by.

• Options
    c95ee9d45e152aa044e0d9bb663b2edee3a2f060.png

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    The stairs!

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    The serious look on the mayor.

He takes this rp seriously.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Also the colourful unicorn pony on the wall.

The merger has extended beyond the forum.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Did

Did someone say "merger"

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Did

Did someone say "merger"

Yes

With the webcomics thread this time

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Today in Homestuck
    July 25

2009: 1 page, 1 flash: [ S] JOHN, SALVAGE YOUR WEAPON AND FIGHT ON! STRIFE PART III
    7/25/2009 Page 2300
    [ S] JOHN, SALVAGE YOUR WEAPON AND FIGHT ON!
    Audio: "Showtime" ("16 bit" version, aka. "Imp Strife Remix") by Malcolm Brown, arr. by George Buzinkai, and "Fanfare" by Curt Blakeslee
    You use the ejection ability of your CAPTACHALOGUE to damage the imp, eventually defeating it! After it is defeated, it leaves behind some BUILD GRIST and SHALE!

2011: 7 pages.
    Top: Doc Scratch walks through a series of green hallways toward the "BANG" noise we've been hearing. The source appears to be a door locked with no less than 10 different devices.
    Right: Aradia is hanging out near the Green Sun as Sollux approaches. She seems surprised to see him out there, outside of his bubble, but she supposes that he "must have a foot on either side". He asks what she's doing out there. "i am waiting for friends to arrive. they will need my help". Sollux thinks they must be ghosts, but she says they're two humans who are alive and poised to join them any minute now. Also about to join them are the survivors of their party, along with Sollux's body, the prospect of which seem to excite Aradia: "hey maybe we can have a funeral!" Sollux doesn't get it, to which says she that it's "kind of like a big corpse party". Sollux notes how bright it is by the Sun, but also notes that it seems to be 2D. And then we see Sollux with his eyes open: one of them is white, and the other black. "O_0"

• Options
    Did

Did someone say "merger"

Yes

With the webcomics thread this time

Pffffft no. After this Paradox Space story?

We need to invade D&D and merge with the SCOTUS thread.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Invade the CF WoD thread.

• Options
    The MSPA thread has grown weak without updates

Ol' girl couldn't even invade a G&T thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Fuck

On a whim I looked at the cherub backstory bit in act 6

In the unlikely event that the podcast makes it that far I am going to die reading all of aranea's dialogue

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Hivebent will come as a sooner test of that resolve

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Hivebent I'm ready for

It's a sprint, not a marathon

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Speed if the podcast catches up with the comic before it ends I will give you 100 dollars

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Today in Homestuck
    July 26

2009: 4 pages. John attempts to PUT THE BUNNY. BACK IN. THE BOX. but he fails as he dunks it so hard it goes right back out the bottom of the red package.

2011: No update.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    This video probably would have worked better a larger font on the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zy8oBarn3k

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    The serious look on the mayor.

He takes this rp seriously.

I interpreted it the opposite way. Like even he thinks this is stupid.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    i uh

may have spent the whole day re-reading the doc scratch intermission

This discussion has been closed.