As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl FUMBBL] Penny Arcade Open 2013

kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated foraRegistered User regular
edited December 2013 in Critical Failures
Any interest for a revived Blood Bowl round roben tournament? This OP stolen from @Uriel.

bloodbowl.jpg

BLOOD BOWL

Blood Bowl is a board game produced by games workshop, set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. It's like a cross between American football and Rugby, but slightly less violent. You play as the coach, controlling a team you assemble and as you play through a league, you team grows in experience and in funds.

The basic rules are simple, there are 16 rounds total, with one turn for each player in a round, you take your turn by selecting each of your players in turn, and moving them, blocking a player on the other team, throwing the ball, or blitzing, which is sort of like a running block, or foul, which is the same as a blitz, but with the intention of hurting the player (but if the ref sees you he might call it and send that player out for the match), you can run past enemy players, but you have to roll to see if the trip you up.

The object is obviously to get the ball to the other player's endzone to score, whoever cores the most points wins.

Current rule set used online is here: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m750496a_BB_Competition_Rules_Pack.pdf

I haven't played for a long time, so I don't know all the rules to any extent of the imagination, but I have a good handle on the basics, and can answer some beginner's questions.

FUMBBL

Fumbbl is a massive online bloodbowl league, played with a client launched from the fumbbl site. It's free to play online and much easier to get a match going than on the tabletop.

Games can be organized on IRC (irc.fumbbl.com 6667 channel #PA), the fumbbl website, or, if we get a few people interested (my ultimate goal) through this thread.

We make our teams in the league division. Post here with your team name and I will send you an invite.

Here is a direct link to the fumbbl quick start guide. http://fumbbl.com/help:CRP

Any volunteers to help administer the tournament?

People who I suspect may want to play:
@Taliosfalcon
@Elvenshae
@Cynic Jester
@Troublebrewing
@Tiger Burning
@Ketar
@Precisionk
@Sharp101
@Gnome-Interruptus
@Avynte
@SanderJK
@KafkaAU
@GoodOmens

fwKS7.png?1
kaliyama on

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I had a Goblin team on there once, but I never could get that site to work. Maybe I can try again, but I want to play, as I'm not going to be a good administer.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    I had a Goblin team on there once, but I never could get that site to work. Maybe I can try again, but I want to play, as I'm not going to be a good administer.

Awesome. Happy to help.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    A lot of time is passed since I put my High elves squad in his box for the last time...
    I'll go see the sistem, and see if it's viable to sign up, keeping present that since I'm on continental europe time, might be a little hard to organize matches...

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oh man, another chance to nurgle it up.

Although i haven't ever had a chance to play with the chaos all stars, and the lizards are rad as well.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Why did you use my awful op goshhhh

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I honestly really like the Steam implementations of Blood Bowl, but I could be talked into Chaos or Skaven depending on what the long-term scheme is.

The Chaos Dwarves squad is a lot of fun, too, if shockingly weak when things don't go your way re: centaurs.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I honestly really like the Steam implementations of Blood Bowl, but I could be talked into Chaos or Skaven depending on what the long-term scheme is.

The Chaos Dwarves squad is a lot of fun, too, if shockingly weak when things don't go your way re: centaurs.

Long-term plan is to run a round robin season with fresh teams then see how things go from there.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    I'm going to check back on Monday and see how many sign ups we have. If we don't hit six teams entered by then we'll call it off.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    This sounds like fun, but I've never used FUMBBL before.

I'm going to be pretty much not available for the next couple weeks, though.

Also, when you edit in people's names (@Elvenshae, etc.), they don't get notices about it. :D You're lucky I stumbled on this! (Okay, actually, I'm lucky I stumbled on this.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I tried FUMBBL in the past, but couldn't get the java to work properly, as it wasn't compatible with the most recent version.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I tried FUMBBL in the past, but couldn't get the java to work properly, as it wasn't compatible with the most recent version.

The client's completely different now, so it's worth giving it a shot.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm not sure who I want to play. I've always played Goblins because I love those suicidal critters but maybe I should branch out.

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    Hmmmm...so tempting but I'm not sure I can commit. Lemme think about it. On the other hand, my beloved Dark Elves....

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I've never used FUMBBL either.

I would need to play from work, which isn't an issue on the work side of things, just means I might need to suddenly AFK and such. I'll give it a shot.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    it's tempting, but I have things.

but, Bloodbowl..

but things..

hmmm..

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I've been summoned!

I might be interested depending on when. Christmas season gets busy.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I've successfully used FUMBBL in the past, and I love me some Blood Bowl. I'd be interested in participating.