As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros.: Greninja Gaiden

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    She calls up SAX to do zero laser

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I still mained Ganondorf in Brawl

It was often an exercise in frustration. The worst part is that I could feel particular gaps where, if he were tweaked, he would be better.

They really came out a lot against my brother's Ike.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, there are mid tier characters that you wouldn't know are mid tier as a causal player, but Ganondorf is so low-tier that even I knew he was awful before I knew what tiers even were.

Also, it is disingenuous as fuck to compare villains to women in terms of a diverse cast.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Gannondorf was not a great character, but he was fun. He was always competing with Wario for my favorite character in Brawl. Wario was my go to if things ever got serious, though.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    ganondorf was my favorite character in melee

i could deal with him being a captain falcon clone when he was a pretty good captain falcon clone

after brawl it obvious they need to fix literally everything

make him the exact opposite of what he is now

make him super light

give him a sword

give him multiple jumps

make him a metaknight clone

Elendil on
  • Options
    Gannondorf was not a great character, but he was fun. He was always competing with Wario for my favorite character in Brawl. Wario was my go to if things ever got serious, though.

Ganondorf might be my favorite Nintendo character, and I'll always play him when I can

But when I wanted to win I brought out Ness, and that says a few things

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

i could deal with him being a captain falcon clone when he was a pretty good captain falcon clone

make him super light

give him a sword

give him multiple jumps

And give him a deflectable projectile.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

make him super light

give him a sword

give him multiple jumps

And give him a deflectable projectile.

And a reflection move.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    And Rocket Heels!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Perfect world Ganondorf ?

Up B his Wizard spin taunt but now it carries him upward and he can fly for a bit. He can attack while flying but drops immediately.

Neutral B Sword slash. Reflect move. Does a little damage. very fast.

Side B Magic orb. Chargeable. In the air it will fire at a downward angle. While its on the screen it can be deflected with any attack but if you use side B to do so itll gain explosive properties.

Down B Triforce of power. Works like Wiifit trainers deep breathing but ups his speed and weight instead of attack power.

His regular attacks should just be slow but beefy sword strikes and kicks but with super armor on most of them so faster characters cant curb stomp him

King Riptor on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My idea:

Up B: Fell Flight: think Pit's old recovery

Neutral B: Black Hole: a chargeable projectile. A tap fires a quick sphere. Charging creates a large ball that shatters into a bunch of projectiles with weak homing.

Down B: Warlock Punch: on the ground, same move it is now. In the air, a diving punch that creates a ahockwave when he hits the ground.

Side B: Flame Choke: because Flame Choke.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I played Ganondorf a lot in Brawl, he's pretty good in 4-player brawls when people are too distracted to dodge a warlock punch.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Of all the moves in Brawl, they definitely need to keep the flame choke

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I want one of his throws to be a light tap that sends the guy flying

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I played Ganondorf in Brawl online against other PAers when the game came out. I played a lot of Brawl Online with other PAers back in the day.

• Options
    I played Ganondorf in Brawl online against other PAers when the game came out. I played a lot of Brawl Online with other PAers back in the day.

Nobody is saying people didnt use him.

We just want him to have a unique moveset

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Perfect world ganondorf would be the WW version

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't think Ganondorf is that bad of a character. His movement/attack speed is obviously slow, sure, but he takes damage like a tank and hit like a truck. (You can also compensate a bit for his slow movement on stage with his Down B and Side B specials) And he is fun to play! Would he be better with a unique moveset? Almost certainly, but Captain Falcon's moves being what they are (mostly brutal looking punches and kicks) they fit Ganondorf pretty well. Better than any other character at least. With his appearance in Melee I kind of saw it as "oh, they wanted to include another major player from Zelda but didn't have a lot of time." That was fine with me because I would rather have Ganondorf in that way then not have him be in the game and I've always thought he was different enough. More Wolf than Falco to Fox's Captain Falcon, at any rate.

I could see how he would be lacking in a two player fight as well but in a four person free-for-all he becomes a sort of dreaded adversary.
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Also, it is disingenuous as fuck to compare villains to women in terms of a diverse cast.

They could be female villains too, I honestly don't care. You're making it sound like I was saying a sexist thing when all I was really saying is that the game could use more of both. Then again, throwing in someone like Daisy just for the sake of diversity is a waste of a character slot too.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I really hope Ganondorf doesn't get a sword. Recycled animations or not, his playstyle in Melee was really fun and unique. His move speed was slow as hell and his range wasn't great, but his moves actually came out average-to-fast (with multiple attacks being near-instant) while hitting BONKERS hard. There's no way to add greatsword range to that and keep the same feel. He'd either lose his insane power, lose his disproportionately good attack speed, or be Ike.

That said, you could redo his specials and all of his ground attacks short of jab and up-smash at no great loss. His aerial game pre-Brawl was glorious, though, and I'd really hate to lose it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular

This was me as well, I choose him because people were saying he was a bad fighter, and I wanted to play as an underdog. It was a pretty big change from playing as Fox for the previous games, but meteor smashing people to death was so good.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    as far as ungodly muscle is concerned, Ike was leagues ahead

at least of couple of not-laggy moves to use in between the big hits, the kick ass neutral a combo particularly, plus the huge attack range, which significantly upped the odds of actually catching someone with one of the big hits

i doubt he tore up the tournament charts, but i didn't feel like my character was actively sabotaging me, like when i was playing ganondorf

actually, ditching ike and replacing him with a sworded ganondorf could work

maybe they could do that

• Options
    I expect there will be only minor changes to him - like with brawl, Sakurai realizes that people don't want him to be just a falcon clone, but he also has to keep in mind people who like that moveset anyway

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    as far as ungodly muscle is concerned, Ike was leagues ahead

at least of couple of not-laggy moves to use in between the big hits, the kick ass neutral a combo particularly, plus the huge attack range, which significantly upped the odds of actually catching someone with one of the big hits

i doubt he tore up the tournament charts, but i didn't feel like my character was actively sabotaging me, like when i was playing ganondorf

actually, ditching ike and replacing him with a sworded ganondorf could work

maybe they could do that

Yeah, Ike was kind of silly. Side+B>neutral a combo, win all the fights.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    my ganondorf solution:
    remove ganondorf, put in pig ganon

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    They should just replace Ganondorf with a giant blue pig carrying a trident and wearing a cape.

Edit: Haha, bad timing on my part.

Lars on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Ganon seems better reserved for a stage boss and Ganondorf's final smash.

Playing as him could be cool but having six Zelda characters would be a bit absurd and I would much rather have The Dorf. Plus I really like his look from Twilight Princess so that they have been using that model is a bonus for me.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    If we had Ganon, and he had fire bats, I'm not sure if I'd be able to bring myself to play as anyone else.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I expect there will be only minor changes to him - like with brawl, Sakurai realizes that people don't want him to be just a falcon clone, but he also has to keep in mind people who like that moveset anyway

Those people can still play captain Falcon. May they can add a new fzero pilot that us just a bigger slower clone

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    At this point I actually don't want Ganondorf to use a sword, necessarily

I'd like for there to be a greater magic focus in his attacks, but I still want him to use his hands. Magic and pugilism; that sounds just fine.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Put in Ganon riding on Ridley inside Bowser's Clown Car as an item.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pokemon Trainer is still in the game, but his third pokemon is Ridley.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Pokemon Trainer is still in the game, but his third pokemon is Ridley.

Ridley_by_nintenerd.jpg
    Gotta cut costs somewhere.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    dav3yb wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Those people can still play captain Falcon. May they can add a new fzero pilot that us just a bigger slower clone

Giving his moveset to a captain falcon villain and getting his own moveset I think would be the ideal outcome, but it's also the most labor intensive - and to be honest I'd rather get a new character from advance wars or wonderful 101 or kid icarus than a cap falcon villain and new dorf moveset.

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Circa melee, Ganondorf, while not excellent, at least had several viable attack options with trivial wind-ups, meaning your opponent had to play guessing games with when exactly they had to defend. In Brawl, I seem to recall him being a lot slower overall (and most other characters having significantly less commitment to their attacks, particularly the higher-tier ones), which rendered him worse by comparison.

Really what Ganondorf needs is effective projectiles and a few spammable, low-consequence attacks to fill in the void between all the crushy stuff. Something like...

Neutral B: The charged blast used by Agahnim. Can be charged for more power. Anyone can deflect it with an A-button move, which sends it beelining back at Ganondorf at increased speed and changes the projectile's owner. Ganondorf can then deflect it back with any of his A-button moves to the same effect. This continues until someone gets hit. Sometimes this move fires one of those bastard unreflectable shots that just explodes when someone tries to deflect it, though the audio and visual cues match it.

Side B: Ganondorf throws the double-ended halberd from his Ganon form, which flies out slowly and returns to him at max range. Can be charged for increased range, but can't be reused until the halberd returns to him.

Down B: Keese/Flaming Bats. Yet again, can be charged up, which produces a larger swarm. The bats appear one-by-one from the point where the attack originated, even if Ganondorf himself moves. The move can't be reused until the last usage finishes.

Up B: I dunno, something like spinning the halberd to recover.

Essentially, a lot of moves designed to mitigate Ganondorf's horrible movement speed by letting him own the projectile war. If you try to play keep-away with him, you'll get splatted.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Ganondorf with Sword could actually almost straight up use Ike's moveset...

• Options
    Honestly, I want sorcery more than I do sword.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Kupi wrote: »
    Circa melee, Ganondorf, while not excellent, at least had several viable attack options with trivial wind-ups, meaning your opponent had to play guessing games with when exactly they had to defend. In Brawl, I seem to recall him being a lot slower overall (and most other characters having significantly less commitment to their attacks, particularly the higher-tier ones), which rendered him worse by comparison.

Really what Ganondorf needs is effective projectiles and a few spammable, low-consequence attacks to fill in the void between all the crushy stuff. Something like...

Neutral B: The charged blast used by Agahnim. Can be charged for more power. Anyone can deflect it with an A-button move, which sends it beelining back at Ganondorf at increased speed and changes the projectile's owner. Ganondorf can then deflect it back with any of his A-button moves to the same effect. This continues until someone gets hit. Sometimes this move fires one of those bastard unreflectable shots that just explodes when someone tries to deflect it, though the audio and visual cues match it.

Side B: Ganondorf throws the double-ended halberd from his Ganon form, which flies out slowly and returns to him at max range. Can be charged for increased range, but can't be reused until the halberd returns to him.

Down B: Keese/Flaming Bats. Yet again, can be charged up, which produces a larger swarm. The bats appear one-by-one from the point where the attack originated, even if Ganondorf himself moves. The move can't be reused until the last usage finishes.

Up B: I dunno, something like spinning the halberd to recover.

Essentially, a lot of moves designed to mitigate Ganondorf's horrible movement speed by letting him own the projectile war. If you try to play keep-away with him, you'll get splatted.

I think the neutral B is a great idea (I mean, in general - could be on a different button if you really want :P). You already have him doing that move in OoT quite a bit, so I mean, it's not even just "Agahnim's attack" (but obviously it's easy to understand as that :P). It also gives him some interesting gameplay that's different from Cpt. Falcon or even anyone else.

I would love to see the flame bats too :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Probably the same collection of 100+ screens:

http://endless-agb.minus.com/mbopyab0NE2JXz

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    jfVVsrxX1PPE5.jpg

He's so majestic.

This discussion has been closed.