As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]UFC 178: Porier vs McGregor (olol) - LIVE NOW!

• Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    Vitor vs Weidman...

Does Vitor even deserve the shot at this point?

I'm not even sure it matters, there's no way this fight isn't canceled from ViTRTor pissing hot. If there was a way to actually bet on that I would.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Bucho wrote: »
    I've been crying for aaaaaaaaages that they need to hold more title fights in Brazil.

Any one but that one though.
    It's in Vegas.

I'm not even sure it matters, there's no way this fight isn't canceled from ViTRTor pissing hot. If there was a way to actually bet on that I would.
    Is that like the World Cup Suarez bite prop bet?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    For those who missed today's NSAC conference, it was better than every UFC event this year.
    Chael Sonnen up now just before 2:40 p.m. ET

Sonnen was sworn in.

Sonnen's lawyer says that he isn't "making excuses" for his violations, but that they were for prescribed medications.

Sonnen admits that he knew the drugs were banned substances. It's worth noting that on Fox Sports 1 after his first failed test he claimed it was impossible to know what was banned.

Sonnen is being questioned why he was being prescribed drugs in the "same profile" by three different doctors.

"I'm so cautious to have a conversation today because I don't want to say anything that comes off as an excuse. I am guilty. I am ashamed." - Sonnen on his current hearing.

Anti-estrogen drugs that Sonnen tested positive for are discussed by the commission and their role as a masking agent.

A lot of talking about each drug and it's role as a PED or PED masking agent.

This part of the meeting has been unbelievable. The commission has called Sonnen brave for appearing (despite it being mandatory) and has asked for advice FROM Sonnen on drug testing programs.

Wow, now the assistant attorney general says "you gotta be kidding me that you inject yourself with needles and you don't know it's prohibited."

Commissioners spend a bunch more time referring to Sonnen as "a friend" and suggesting a role as an educator while Anthony Marnell (the newest commissioner) says he wants a lifetime ban. It ends up as a 2 year ban with no fine.

TL;DR Chael Sonnen (retired fighter) walked into a place that was going to punish him, walked out banned from competing for 2 years *just in case* and with a job/advisory role in the NSAC. Chael Fucking Sonnen, ladies and gents.

Bonus points for Quote Of The Year: "We are not in a position to look like fools" - the Nevada State Athletic Commission, 2014, granting a license to Vitor Belfort (who cried earlier in the session, and who the commissioner of the NSAC referred to as his "new best friend")

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    I feel like Sonnen needs to show up to the next UFC event walking side by side with Vince McMahon before giving a heel speech on punishing everyone from his new position of power

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    GogoKodoGogoKodo Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Haven't watched it all yet. Jim Norton with Dana and Tyson. Talk show format.
    http://www.vice.com/the-jim-norton-show/episode-one-feat-mike-tyson-and-dana-white-part-1-019

GogoKodo on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Gus out, Cormier to fight Bones.

So not a total letdown. WAR DC

Per UFC fb account

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Man that bums me out. I just can't see DC getting the job done.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    That can't be a minor injury this far out.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be opposed to an all steroids open weight division

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Especially with a half torn ACL.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

DC has a torn ACL?

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I feel like if I attended that meeting, I still wouldn't believe what happened. I hope Sonnen stays out of politics, because he might end up being Dictator of America for Life.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

DC has a torn ACL?

No actually, it's a 50% tear of his LCL. It happened before his UFC 173 fight and he decided to just stick it out and fight anyway.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    So, uh, the UFC just re-signed Joe Riggs.

wat

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Well, he is the Diesel

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I feel like if I attended that meeting, I still wouldn't believe what happened. I hope Sonnen stays out of politics, because he might end up being Dictator of America for Life.

You say that like it would be a bad thing.

CHAEL FOR WORLD DICTATOR!

• Options
    EA UFC is getting a free three note DLC featuring three free fighters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPd_gw97StI

Still no Matt Brown

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Nick Diaz signs with UFC, 2 or 3 fights (forget which). Looks like we might be getting Diaz/Anderson Silva after all.

• Options
    Nick Diaz signs with UFC, 2 or 3 fights (forget which). Looks like we might be getting Diaz/Anderson Silva after all.
    If he can dodge random weed tests, he can dodge Anderson Silva.

• Options
    Also, Amir Sadollah returns for the first time in 2 years against Nico Musoke.

sadollah_portrait.jpg

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    I hope Joe Rogan isn't calling that fight, so I don't have to hear about how Amir trains Dutch style muay thai in Holland and how his technique is so good.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    I hope Joe Rogan isn't calling that fight, so I don't have to hear about how Amir trains Dutch style muay thai in Holland and how his technique is so good.

do they also have dutch style steel cups?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Also, Bellator on tonight - the first since Coker took over. I think the majority of the card is garbage, but the opener to the fights on Spike is Phil Baroni vs Karo Parisyan in a blast from the past bout.

It starts at 9PM EST on spike.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Oh god, I hate Diego Sanchez. First Kampmann, now Pearson. He's married to two thirds of all possible UFC judges, I swear to god.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/q0XkG7L52Kc

Here's a cool setup from an instructor of mine who moved away from Denver, guy has great BJJ and has a real unique style. He's funny as all hell too, highly recommend him if you're in Denver.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/q0XkG7L52Kc

Here's a cool setup from an instructor of mine who moved away from Denver, guy has great BJJ and has a real unique style. He's funny as all hell too, highly recommend him if you're in Denver.

Take videos horizontallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Chessboxing, you have lost much honour in posting video filmed with vertically held phone. To redeem yourself you must cross the bridge of Paul Harris while covered in meat.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Ah my bad. Can do. Forgot the camera was screwy on that one just really dug the technique.

• Options
    Prelims live on Shite Pass right now.

Siler is on Lahat like a tick.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Dang, that Polska can fight.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    yeah she was great. the womans straw weight division has the potential to be one of the most exciting in the ufc once the season of tuf completes

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Oh god, this ref is a giant Warhammer dwarf.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    wow dunno if ive ever seen a 30-24 score before

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Was a beating for sure. Buy buy Kingsbu.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Mavisdal doing what Mavisdal does. Eating cheetos, playing Xbox, and edging out opponents without much training.

Love that guy

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Handing out ten - eights like candy tonight.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Cummins has really impressed me after being starched by DC. I figured Kingsboo would be a huge test for him and he just steamrolled on through him.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Cormier doing work selling his fight with Jon Jones during the broadcast.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Josh Thompson has turned me from a fan into a hater after he keeps opening his dumb mouth about shit over and over again since leaving Strikeforce.

Gogo Bobby Green!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the "gay marriage is a slippery slope to humans marrying dogs" spiel. That was fucking crazy.

Fuck off and die.