As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So I don't get a new power but my cap for those is now the third-level ones; I assume there's some kind of retraining going on here?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The brief period of unconsciousness was enough to restore you as if you had gotten a full rest. So just go from full everything

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    "Systems recovering," Clank uttered. "Brief synaptic overload caused by concussive blast. Damage nominal." The automaton climbed to its feet. "Suggest we continue onward."

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Arastor recovers from the blast and the numbness, stretching his arms and responding to Proof. "That fire thing of yours is a neat trick, it smelled like burning alcohol. I can't say I've encountered any dwarven wizards before"

He pulls out some jerky from his pack and hands it to the wolf, while scratching its ear. "Maybe next time we'll have something softer than rock for you to bite!"

I will level my pet to Lv3 for the advance

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Once you level yourselves up, please post a link to your latest stuff in here, and also try and have it all done by the end of today? Gonna start things back up tomorrow morning

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm done but its on my google drive app and I don't know how to link it without a computer at the moment.

• Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Level 3 Yancey

Slowly but surely retraining away the tank stuff I can't actually leverage.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Level 3 Barthas:
    Barthas Everlight ("Bart")
    Demontouched cleric 3

Str 14
    Con 11
    Dex 10
    Int 11
    Wis 18
    Cha 8

AC 18
    PD 14
    MD 14

HP 35
    Recoveries 8
    Recovery Dice: 3d8+0

Basic melee attack: +5, 3d6+2 on hit, 3 on miss
    Basic ranged attack: +3, 3d6 on hit, - on miss

One Unique Thing: Cursed offspring of the Diabolist. He only partially suspects this, but it is the truth, his bloodline traces directly back, somehow, to the Diabolist. An oracle once told him that the fate of the mother is bound to the son. Whether this means he can redeem her, or is tied to her, he cannot ascertain.

Icon Relationships
    Diabolist - Conflicted 2: Barthas's actual beliefs and actions in life run entirely contrary to the demon-worshipping ways of the Diabolist's cults, but they still mean something to each other --- they are blood relatives, after all.
    Priestess - Positive 1: When Barthas found his faith, he pledged his life to the Gods of Light as represented by the Priestess. Justice's Embrace have particularly good standing among adventurer and martial types.

Backgrounds
    Never welcome 2: Barthas is used to blending in with a crowd, slipping an angry mob, talking down angry bigots, and generally keeping out of the limelight.
    Acolyte of Justice's Embrace 3: Barthas believes, ultimately, in a uniting brotherhood borne from the battlefield, and is familiar with the related faiths.
    Escaped street rat 2: From his years leaving on the streets, Barthas has some idea how to handle rough sorts and make it out with his life and maybe even a bit of information
    Just a touch of demon blood 1: Barthas doesn't try to think about it often, but he does some research into his nature when possible. It might just save his life.

Racial power: Curse of Chaos
    Class features: Heal, Ritual Magic
    Domains (Talents): Healing, Community, Justice

Standard Spells:
    Level 3: Javelin of Faith, Spirits of the Righteous, Divine Endurance
    Level 1: Bless, Shield of Faith

Feats: Healing Domain Adventurer feat, Heal Adventurer feat, Strong Recovery Adventurer feat

Gear: plate mail, large heavy shield, mace, light crossbow, crossbow bolts, a small silver shield hung around his neck acting as his holy symbol, 25 gp, a length of rope (25 ft), two torches, trail rations, a prayer book, a small drawstring bag with the symbol of the priestess embroidered on it containing a blessed gem of the priestess.

Blessed Gem of the Priestess
    A brilliantly cut gem the size of your palm.
    +1 to divine spell attack and damage rolls
    Usable once per battle (Recharge 6+ after battle): When you cast a daily divine spell on an ally, that ally also heals 10 HP.
    Quirk: Insists on courtesy even in situations where none should be required

I might be too busy to post for the next couple days, but worst case I should be around on Sunday. I'll keep tabs on this either way.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    new sheet. Now built with Windows so everybody can view it (seriously the linux pdf editor makes pdfs only it can view)

• Options
    edited June 2014
    As the group gets themselves back in order the sun beats down on them from above. The forest is humid to the point of making the air almost sticky. A dense smell of earth and moss is all around. The sounds of animals can be heard once more.

With this batch of baddies removed from the playing field, it is time to get moving once more!

@Phyphor -
    Arastor knows of a town not far from here known as the Oaken Grove. It is a small community of elves and a few other more... nature-y races.

There are few tracks present save for the ones leading to the clearing you're all standing in. What would you all like to do now?

Give me some relationship dice if you could? Gonna try and work these into things haha. Also make note of which icon the die is for, and whether it is + or - or conflicted.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Positive Prince of Shadows.
    Geth roll 2#1d6 for Negative Diabolist

Positive Prince of Shadows:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]
    Negative Diabolist:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 5 [1d6=5]

• Options
    Minion, roll 1d6 for GGW positive
    Minion, roll 1d6 for Dwarf King neutral
    Minion, roll 1d6 for Diabolist negative

GGW positive:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    Dwarf King neutral:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    Diabolist negative:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

• Options
    Geth roll 2d6 for + High Druid
    Geth roll 1d6 for - Diabolist

+ High Druid:
    2d6 7 [2d6=1, 6]
    - Diabolist:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

• Options
    "I see no tracks, so it's not likely anybody else passed this way. There is a town not far from here where the creatures of the forest gather; perhaps someone there will have more information for us"

• Options
    @TheRoadVirus do you want even more icon rolls from me? Otherwise I'm cool with running with the previous unholy confluence.

• Options
    The Diabolist is about to wreak our shit up.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2#1d6;1d6 for +GGW, -T3

+GGW, -T3:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 3 [1d6=3]
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

• Options
    bss wrote: »
    @TheRoadVirus do you want even more icon rolls from me? Otherwise I'm cool with running with the previous unholy confluence.
    Remind me what they were? I am a horrendously unorganized individual as of late.

My apologies

• Options
    edited June 2014
    No worries.
    bss wrote: »
    conflicted Diabolist: 2#1d6 2 # 6 [1d6=6] 6 [1d6=6]
    positive Priestess: 1d6 5 [1d6=5]

bss on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Geth roll 2#1d6;1d6 for Druid+, DK?

Druid+, DK?:
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 2 [1d6=2]
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Diabolizing all up in here

Phyphor on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok so we have the following:

High Druid: +5(Auralynx) +6(Phyphor)
    Diabolist: ~6 ~6 (Bss) -5(Phyphor) -5 (GG)
    Priestess: +5 (Bss)
    The Three: -6 (Oats)
    Dwarf King: +6 (Jdarksun)

Give me a little bit to figure out.... what the hell to do with that hahaha

Any objections to you all heading to the nearby town?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    We can head to a town. Might be nice to get out of this crystal field.

• Options
    After a half hour or so of trekking through the oppresively humid forest, our daring adventurers make it to The Oaken Grove. As you all approach you hear the sound of bow strings pulling taut. However, after a few seconds of eerie calm on both sides of this standoff, the town guards notice your Elven companion and they relax. A few pounce down from the trees and land gracefully next to you. One walks up to the lot of you and salutes.

"Good travels to you, brother. The forest is troubled as of late." he looks over Arastor's shoulder and lowers his voice. "Are these your companions, or were you led to us not of your own will? Say the word and they shall be dealt with if needs be."

• Options
    "Hold brother, they are with me" Arastor responds "We have been tracking a group of outsiders, but lost the trail. They may have knowledge of these crystal formations that appeared around the edge of the forest"

• Options
    "As you say." He signals quickly with his hands and the other guards pop out of the trees and onto the ground.
    "We have seen some run through this area. Fortunate for us that they chose to go 'round our town. Do you require any aid? We haven't much, but share what we can. Potions? Oils? We have trackers who are second to none, as you well know."

• Options
    A scout comes running up from inside the village proper and whispers to the lead scout.
    "It appears that your presence here was anticipated. There are... envoyshere for you" he says, 'envoy' being spoken in elven.
    As you all make it into the area you are ushered to the temple of the High Druid.
    Inside is a woman wearing shimmering white robes. Beside her is her entourage who appear to be unloading a large-ish chest from the back of a beast of burden. She looks up and sees you all and smiles.
    "May the blessings of The Priestess be upon you all. Especially you, brother Barthas." she bows and makes a salute to you.
    "Though many are watching your works with great interest, not all are able to send envoys. I do come with gifts, however. Those who are enemies of the darkness are allies of us all, regardless of the icon they follow. Do you have any questions of me? Of my lady? Is there anything that I can offer in addition to these tokens of thanks from your benefactors?"

• Options
    "Hey, have you guys got anything to eat?" asks Yancey, jumping up and down with one hand raised to attract attention.

• Options
    "What is the makeup of the crystalline entities that have recently plagued this area?"

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Proof will salute rigidly until told to relax. He hears that they are open to request, but his place is not to question those this holy.

He thoroughly wishes his battle kilt was not as tattered. Picked the wrong day to jump off a floating prison.

Oats on
  • Options
    Arastor will bow to the Priestess' envoy. "Yes, any information you have about the crystals will be helpful"

• Options
    Well-dressed figures emerge soon with various grilled vegetables for the gathered party. Some dried meats and fresh fruit are brought in soon after.
    "The crystals are an interesting problem. They spread like a living sickness, but are still strong like rock. The smaller crystals infest living beings and turn them mad. The larger ones make the converted people into thralls, incapable of acting alone. One thing we have found is that they are very vulnerable to explosions of both magical and nonmagical origin. Most of the time, the explosion seems to sap the crystal of its energy and renders it like normal crystals.

We've yet to see anyone survive prolonged exposure to the crystals and keep their minds intact. So please, though the work you do is important, be wary. Your safety is of great concern also."

• Options
    "Explosions you say. Well, that may be possible" said Arastor, nudging Proof and laughing slightly.

• Options
    A smile crosses her face momentarily and she quickly recomposes herself.
    "Was there anything else you needed of us?"

• Options
    Sorry guys, I haven't been responding to the dialogue or anything, it's been a busy week at work. I'll try to catch up and pipe in over the weekend.

• Options
    "Where do this crystals originate? Seems to me that a problem this big would have attracted a few folks attention before hand."

• Options
    She thinks for a moment, trying to decide where to begin.
    "As best we know, the crystals simply WERE. For as long as any can recall, the crystals have existed in the world. They've been beacons for magic, perhaps allowing it to come from another realm unknown to us or perhaps simply enhancing the magic that was already present. The crystals were known to be mildly toxic in the past, and that is why we had prisoners working around them. They would... not be missed. It seems now, though, that mayhap the crystals are awakening in some way. How or why, though, we do not know. There are many things about this situation that trouble us greatly."

• Options
    I've straight up got nothing to contribute to this whole area of dialogue at the moment, fwiw. I'm still here.