As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    New expansion time is the best time. You get to see new examples of how no-one knows how to develop Boomkins:
    * Starfall - You summon a flurry of stars from the sky which strike targets within 40 yards of you that you're in combat with. Deals [ 25.3% of Spell Power ] Arcane damage to up to 2 targets every 1 sec for 10 sec 5 sec for until cancelled. Triggering a Lunar Eclipse resets the cooldown of this spell. Shapeshifting into an animal form or mounting cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the Starfall effect. Druid - Balance Spec. 32.6% of Base Mana. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, a brief skim through, tells me that I'm better served to wait for them to have something cleaner up in the way of data mined patch notes. It's not just messy, but it seems like they might have screwed up with some of the mining.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    New expansion time is the best time. You get to see new examples of how no-one knows how to develop Boomkins:
    * Starfall - You summon a flurry of stars from the sky which strike targets within 40 yards of you that you're in combat with. Deals [ 25.3% of Spell Power ] Arcane damage to up to 2 targets every 1 sec for 10 sec 5 sec for until cancelled. Triggering a Lunar Eclipse resets the cooldown of this spell. Shapeshifting into an animal form or mounting cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the Starfall effect. Druid - Balance Spec. 32.6% of Base Mana. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.

Wat. So it just keeps going until you hit Solar or something?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
  • Options
    I wonder what they changed about it to make that come up as a description. Odd.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Speaking of Balance druids, if anyone plays one I'd like to know;

Can you do timeless isle easily as one as well as old raids?

I tried timeless isle once as Balance (I'm resto but timeless isle as a healer sucks) but almost died a LOT. When I'm bear tank, I'm all but invincible. Takes a little longer to kill something but there's no worry behind it and I can do all old raids as one. That being said, especially with the new models coming out and them not updating animals forms (so they'll look old and hideous compared to everything else) I'd like to learn Balance and I love the idea of just conjuring storms and stuff.

But either it's bad or I'm bad at it, and all bets point to the latter.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    You have to have decent gear. I didn't have much trouble when I was boomkin but I also used the 3 consumables for elite killing. And you do often need to use your cooldowns, Typhoon, vortex, roots, etc.

Hurricane is pretty much useless there along with Astral Storm and mushrooms. If you have enough elites on you to make them more DPS, you are dead anyway if you stick around.

• Options
    Yeah boomies are very gear dependant. Once you get better gear (mostly higher crit) then your damage rockets up and it even gets easier to play.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Alright so trying to rely on my mostly healer set is kind of just tying my hands behind my back. I thought the spirit wouldn't make that much of a difference since it transfers To Hit but obviously that's wrong.

Thanks then, I'll start looking into farming timeless isle later for a new set.

• Options
    Well you only need 5k hit to reach the cap, which wouldn't really even come into play when you're on timeless anyway.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I resubbed last night and went playing around on the timeless isle on my boomkin/resto druid. Got all of the chests on the island (thanks, TomTom!), and got really lucky and got a ring, so I used my eternity essence thingy on that for a nice boost to 498 ilvl.

Tonight, I do my first siege of orgrimmar LFR. I haven't played since 9 months ago, so I missed a lot of stuff that I'm just catching up on.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    I'm gearing up quickly on my Arms Warrior (527 yay!). I've decided that the gap between him and my Enh Shaman isn't as big as I once thought. I also feel like I'm making a mistake by loading my red gem slots with pure strength gems when really i should be doing the 80str/160crit orange gems. I eventually want to get to a fury level.

Speaking of the fury vs arms debate. Very capable fury warrior with similar gear to mine (he was probably 536ish - less pvp gear than me which really only affects gem slot stats). On single target fights he'd beat me. On fights with adds I'd win. Purely anecdotal of course....but man did it look cool walking around with 2 two handers.

Finally - Oqueue. Raid leaders put a minimum ilvl on there and I've wait listed myself 3-4 times per night. As a raid leader, do they see my gear as well as my ilvl when I ask to be wait listed? I was wondering why i suddenly have blue/red highlights on my pve/pvp gear. I definitely feel a bias towards my ilvl with 4 slots filled with pvp gear!

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

I wish they'd come up with a minor glyph that turned off the druid shapeshifting visuals, I'd be down for playing one if I didn't turn into a fat owl etc.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    the real time ingame day night cycle is baffling as hell
    I'm pretty sure it was thrown in for immersion's sake. Off the top of my head, I can think of one actually gameplay function of the day/night cycle, and that's just a village in an early leveling zone.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Expigator wrote: »
    I'm gearing up quickly on my Arms Warrior (527 yay!). I've decided that the gap between him and my Enh Shaman isn't as big as I once thought. I also feel like I'm making a mistake by loading my red gem slots with pure strength gems when really i should be doing the 80str/160crit orange gems. I eventually want to get to a fury level.

Speaking of the fury vs arms debate. Very capable fury warrior with similar gear to mine (he was probably 536ish - less pvp gear than me which really only affects gem slot stats). On single target fights he'd beat me. On fights with adds I'd win. Purely anecdotal of course....but man did it look cool walking around with 2 two handers.

Finally - Oqueue. Raid leaders put a minimum ilvl on there and I've wait listed myself 3-4 times per night. As a raid leader, do they see my gear as well as my ilvl when I ask to be wait listed? I was wondering why i suddenly have blue/red highlights on my pve/pvp gear. I definitely feel a bias towards my ilvl with 4 slots filled with pvp gear!

OQ is kind of a shit hole. I've vented here before about all the terrible OQ groups I've been in, but maybe I'm just unlucky. Some people get those awful LFR groups and I never see those so maybe I just have terrible OQ luck. It's alright if you can get in on a guild run that's just pugging a 10th member, but a full pug group (especially by someone who has no idea how to lead a group) is very hit and miss. Mine are almost all misses.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was thrown in for immersion's sake.
    yeah, one of my most distinct memories of vanilla is when I stayed up all night leveling once. playing for hours in the true night in desolace then having the in-game sunrise happen in the actual early morning

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it was thrown in for immersion's sake. Off the top of my head, I can think of one actually gameplay function of the day/night cycle, and that's just a village in an early leveling zone.

I vaguely recall certain fish showing up at specific times of day or night, but it didn't really matter unless you were going for fishing achievements

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I liked staying up late and hanging out at goldshire. I really wish night time was back to being dark.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    I vaguely recall certain fish showing up at specific times of day or night, but it didn't really matter unless you were going for fishing achievements

This just reminded me of Winter Squid/Summer Bass. And then it reminded me of raiding at level 60 on my hunter.

Now I feel like I need a drink.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    yikes leveling from 86-90 on timeless isle is stupid, here's my results

- total leveling time 5 hours 40 minutes
    - 12900 timeless coins
    - 2 535 upgrade tokens
    - 1 piece of 553 gear from celestials
    - 340 gold (barely covers repairs)

override367 on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Spending approximately an hour per level isn't too bad at all.

You'd think that the Worgen would be particularly suited to a daytime/nighttime effect, wouldn't you ?

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular

One of the proposed Night Elf racial changes supposedly functions differently depending on the day/night cycle.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'm not sure we know yet how that's being implemented; most of the speculation so far has been that it'll just obey the server clock, as opposed to whatever time the individual zone thinks it is.

also I don't think balance is any more gear dependent than any other spec really; it can do timeless island well enough, but you'll struggle with soloing some things until you get up to 540 or so

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    to clarify by stupid I meant stupid good

as long as you don't need the gold it's not only super fast but it's a gear jumpstart

I mean I do need the gold so it might have been legitimately stupid for me, I have no idea how to earn gold in Pandaria
    Caedwyr wrote: »

One of the proposed Night Elf racial changes supposedly functions differently depending on the day/night cycle.

I hope it's better at night because that's literally the only time I can play and Blizzard insists on forcing us into a realtime day night cycle

override367 on
  • Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular

- 12900 timeless coins
    - 2 535 upgrade tokens

What class? Were you with friends? I joined a group once of an 87 and a 86 and they couldn't really kill the elites there. I've captured enough pieces to fill out most alts, but getting a jumpstart on those burdens would be huge!

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

That glyph is why I was okay with playing Balance.

Also why my druid's name is Sparklekin

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Expigator wrote: »

- 12900 timeless coins
    - 2 535 upgrade tokens

What class? Were you with friends? I joined a group once of an 87 and a 86 and they couldn't really kill the elites there. I've captured enough pieces to fill out most alts, but getting a jumpstart on those burdens would be huge!

solo, elemental shaman

making the rounds on the 5 grub packs and burning them with chain lightning, no grubs up kill birds, when a rare spawns go kill it (got like, 7 huolon kills and 3 dread ships)

I made a video, Ill throw it on youtube when I get home from work

override367 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I went from 89 to 90 out there on my guardian druid, took about an hour without rested. Unless you have some buddies to summon you'll have to swim out, although you can get the FP for use later.

the grubs and the packs of smaller birds are the way to go; they don't hit too hard and have low enough health that you can aoe them down. Tagging random rare spawns when you get the chance is a bonus.

You might struggle at 86-87 though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Any idea on how reduced the XP gain is if you group up with a lvl 90?

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

I'm sorry, but this links to the ability Slam. I'm assuming you are referring to the glyph that changes moonkin form into astral form.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Dataminers are getting good looks at the new models that are in the Beta. Here's a compilation of female gnome emotes and how they compare to the old model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yowcU5Eo-4

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The extra polys in the face look amazing.

She's adorable!

I wanna play a gnome now. THAT'S how good it looks. A frickin' gnome.

• Options
    does anyone have any money making tips? despite grinding up 3 90s in a row Im still relatively new to pandaria and dont really know how to make bank

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Do you have gathering professions? I've noticed one can make reasonable bank off of those. It certainly isn't "the best" source of gold, but IIRC it's pretty good and doesn't require the amount of time that the better money making options require. Also if you want to put a little more work into it, there is always the option of going back to older content for trade mats, that others are too lazy to gather and earning good money, provided you sell when the market is looking for that stuff.

Can't really comment much on the trade professions, but I wouldn't be surprised if those were possible going down since we're in a long lull for the final tier of the expansion. So most people may already have the stuff they need or have leveled a crafting alt to take care of the needs of all their alts.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    They made is so enchants scale with heirloom gear, right?

What's the best enchant for an Arcanite Reaper? What about the Valor set?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I dunno how it scales with the changes since they made that enchanting change, but crusader was always pretty awesome on the Arcanite Reaper. That heal with the str buff was just pretty awesome for the first 60 or so levels.

I'm sure there's better choices now but I dunno!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »

I'm sorry, but this links to the ability Slam. I'm assuming you are referring to the glyph that changes moonkin form into astral form.

Wow, I have no idea how that occurred. maybe I didn't C/P correctly and the site defaults to that ability.

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=44922

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

That glyph is the main reason I hope we never see blood elf or human druids

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    So I downloaded Vuhdo and did the first wing of SoO LFR yesterday. It was fun healing, but people really seem to enjoy standing in things. Half the fights were 10 minutes of me being totally OOM while trying desperately to keep the raid alive. Ahhh, healing.

In other news, nothing dropped and I even used a reroll. Huzzah!

Steam: Spawnbroker
This discussion has been closed.