As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    had the misfortune of coming up against a priest whose turn 2 was coin > injured blademaster > circle of healing

i had wild growthed so i dropped a keeper of the grove and gave it mark of the wild

next turn he played a northshire cleric, hit my keeper, holy smited it, healed and drew a card which was circle of healing, played circle of healing, drew another card

the most fucking back breaking plays

Beasteh on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    They never suspect the 3rd flamestrike.

e: is there a way to see how many packs you have opened? because I think I have the record for least legendaries opened per pack

Get in line, pal.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    More than 33%. The calculation gets a bit long because there's a good chance that a minion dies on hit 1 or 2 so I don't have a specific number.

/edit: It's 1- ((7/8) * ((1/8 * 6/7) + (7/8 * 7/8)) * ((9/32 * 6/7) + (23/32 * 7/8))) or ~33.56%

What you have basically done here is magic to me.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in this dang game.

But I won one game.

Out of like twelve.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Turn one Northshire Clerics make me want to crush my iPad into little iPieces.

Not today.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Yeah i hate northshire clerics. more then mana worms...not quite as much as knife juggler...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Northshire is like the Shaco effect in LoL. When I get turn one Northshire, my opponent has an answer for it and I draw between one and zero cards. When someone does it against me, I have nothing and they draw 5 cards.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    what this little guy

http://i.imgur.com/kN8I5mj.png

not sure why that image is so big

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    5gj09ey3xbkt.jpg

Come on, I closed the game for all of five minutes.

Never closing it again.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The best part about fighting hunters with my druid deck is I just never play minions so like on turn 10+ they're trying to figure out how playing UtH is worthwhile against my one ironbark protector or something.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm really shocked I don't see more people go for the Snapjaw-Houndmaster combo. You get a 4/9 taunt with a 4/3 behind it, which is a pretty good deal and practically immune to priests pre-turn-10.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I feel like hunters don't particularly care about priests to begin with though.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

northshire cleric > coin > power word: shield

then

divine spirit > inner fire

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Trying to get my Shaman quest done through all these Hunters is mildly frustrating.

• Options
    The best part about fighting hunters with my druid deck is I just never play minions so like on turn 10+ they're trying to figure out how playing UtH is worthwhile against my one ironbark protector or something.
    They don't need to play hounds against ironbark when they have hunter's mark :P

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

then

I personally prefer divine spirit > inner fire on Stormwind Knight. Come turn seven, you can drop a 10/10 charge.

Or divine spirit > inner fire to get a seriously threatening assault lightwell on turn 3. It's the heavy-hitter that heals itself.

Yeah, it takes three cards, but if you're running inner fire I don't think card efficiency is a concern of yours

(divine spirit lightspawn op riot pls nerf)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

That is the reason why Proudmane/Houndmaster exists.

• Options
    I'm really shocked I don't see more people go for the Snapjaw-Houndmaster combo. You get a 4/9 taunt with a 4/3 behind it, which is a pretty good deal and practically immune to priests pre-turn-10.

Crocs are Amazing and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Crocs are Amazing and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

I do usually houndmaster a croc 'cause I run two of them and only one snapjaw.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Like, Snapjaw is a beefy taunter

but I'd much rather have Croc. Goes down earlier, almost as hard to deal with, same damage, saves your turn five for board wipe.

And if it gets blown up before you can Houndmaster it, you don't feel so bad.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

then

Calm down there, satan

Not today.
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    When does the first set come out? My deck's are really stale.

• Options
    New cards with the Nax expansion. Like, this summer?

Not today.
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Well that is some shit.

Alexstrasza mage deck.

If you can't kill it that turn you lose because they get to pyroblast you next turn.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    When does the first set come out? My deck's are really stale.

26eAb5v.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Word on the internet is "summer".

• Options
    though it is worth mentioning that's only 30 cards, so it's not a set as someone might know it coming from other card games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah, and so far as I know it's all "general" cards, no new class-specifics to speak of.

I think they wanted some PVE content to round out Ranked and Arena, and I am pretty sure most of the hard work is going into making sure that works. I also think they wanted a small band-aid to save them some time while they design an actual new set.

• Options
    I think I heard that every class gets one new card, though I'm not invested enough in that knowledge to bother looking it up.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That seems silly, but I wouldn't put it past them.

• Options
    They said there's one card for completing each class challenge, whatever those will be. But they probably won't be very good.

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Was anyone playing on the EU servers this morning? The server instability was so bad!

I lost my first arena game (and it's important that it go well since this is a new account) because I kept getting disconnected and reconnected. I believe my first turn play was coin -> let the timer run out.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »
    Was anyone playing on the EU servers this morning? The server instability was so bad!

I lost my first arena game (and it's important that it go well since this is a new account) because I kept getting disconnected and reconnected. I believe my first turn play was coin -> let the timer run out.

The EU servers were funky all afternoon and evening yesterday too. Was planning on playing some arena, but didn't want to risk it. I think they've said they fixed it by now.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    They said there's one card for completing each class challenge, whatever those will be. But they probably won't be very good.
    Yeah, you're probably ri-

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Giving Druids hard removal is balanced by how hideous the art is.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    That is a hilarious card.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    you can force of nature, hit face, then use that card so the treeants don't die at the end of the turn

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    ScreenShot2014-04-23at113206AM_zpsc881a912.png

Come at me zoolock.

(I won even after stupidly missing lethal damage twice in a turn.)

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    you can force of nature, hit face, then use that card so the treeants don't die at the end of the turn
    Yeah you could, but that's not really a great use of your mana. I'm thinking more of it, thalnos/pyromancer, and swipe against a smug Handlock.

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    It's a really cool concept, but in practice it basically seems like a much worse equality.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

This discussion has been closed.