Options

Dark Souls 2. Bearer of the curse, seek capes.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I really want that on console.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    dark souls at 60 fps is pretty great

the cloth physics looks so nice

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    I'm Shammy. I wave a lot.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Rerolled two hours in, and started playing as a sorcerer instead of a knight. I was all sword and board in DS1 and wanted to do something different this time.

Plus, I was burning up my effigies before I realized you are supposed to "use" them instead.

In any case, I've already found a couple of things I missed the first time around, so it's going better already.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    now that PC characters show character name, i think i have to try my hardest to match the NPC naming scheme in dark souls and then make people think i'm an NPC

Bring back maneater mildred

unfortunately if you really commit to the RP you aren't going to be able to kill anyone

even though I've already played through once if I got invaded by a maneater mildred in the gutter I'd probably think it's legit

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I made it so there are no more giants and now I have a Soldier's Key

I can't find it in my inventory to find any clue of where I'm supposed to use it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »

I can't find it in my inventory to find any clue of where I'm supposed to use it

it opens all them doors in the forest that you couldn't before.

also you're a monster

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    holy crap me and another white phantom just one shotted the pursuer with duel balista to the face.

goddamn i am liking this PC white phantoming

Barcardi on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    and the host of the game, right?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    somehow no, we were both balista geniuses

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

there's more inventory categories to the right.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    After dying repeatedly to ballista bolts in the back

And being sent to my home world because other people suffered similar fates

I finally just went in and killed the pursuer myself in a stand-up fight. Bastard.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Anyone have a Syan's halberd? Is there anything unique about the moveset?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I don't believe so, no.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I have a heide knight sword. Ho-ho-ho.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i wish there was a way to turn off the name censor so i could get the full experience of playing with poopfeast420

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    So where is the earliest place I could get a lance
    heide knight in the bastille

That one has a spear
    the one just past the shrine of winter has the lance.

First lance I'm aware of
    the one you buy from Straid with the Executioner Chariot's Soul.

If you just want to get something like a lance as early as possible you can
    Off Pate at the forest of giants, the spear he drops have the 2 handed running lance attack

• Options
    Also I fixed not being able to go online by turning the firewall settings on my comcast router to bare minimum. No idea what it was blocking that wouldn't let me connect. It's never interfered with any other games before.

• Options
    I am now playing with a Tobias

He is blue and in short shorts

This is the best thing

• Options
    Now, The Iron Sheik

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    After throwing myself at the ruin sentinels for a while and not even killing the first one, I'm realising that damage types might matter, despite me never paying attention to it in Dark Souls 1.

My fire sword did about 50 damage per hit. This hammer I found did about 250 per hit with roughly the same attack speed.

• Options
    blunt weapons are WAY more important in dark souls 2 than they were before

the difference against armoured targets is night and day

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    In the kingdom of drangleic a name is whispered in the wind

Higgs Bozo

that's probably me

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    natek wrote: »
    Seriously though, in regards to Persuer
    He's literally your first major Parry practice. it staggers him for like 8+ seconds, which is just enough time to dash behind a ballista, load and fire.

He never seemed like a boss I could do that on, never tried though.
    I always beat him by understanding attack patterns and rolling.

I very nearly beat him the first time he shows up by doing exactly that.

But he used a homing missile dark magic on me when I was only a few hits away from beating him.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    getting a small bug every time i go human
    qTcPCkZ.jpg

it's not a phase mom this is who i am

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Any time I summon or get summoned I lose all sound until I'm back in my world.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    feB0pTt.jpg

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    let me tell you about that fucking room with the dozen sword guys in lost bastille

and then the three bosses afterward

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I died two times before I got to character creation. Oh, Dark Souls, I missed you.

First time, I decided it was a super cool idea to punch those docile little goblin things and they promptly swarmed me and ate my kneecaps. Second time, I brilliantly ignored the giant footprints on the hidden path and got my head munched by a big cyclopsy thing.

Took me about an hour to get my sea legs back, but now I'm doing alright, I think. Opened up the blacksmith's shop for him, leveled up enough that I can comfortably take on the big knight-lookin' fuckers. Made it to the Dragon Rider and kinda got my shit pushed in, but I think I can get him with a couple more tries.

What a great game

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Machwing wrote: »
    let me tell you about that fucking room with the dozen sword guys in lost bastille

That little stretch did seem oddly off curve as far a difficulty went.

Also spoiler about some early areas.
    For PC folks, if you're having trouble in Lost Bastille, try going somewhere else. It's possible you haven't been through the other path that will take you there.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Managed to put together an entire desert sorceress set my first run through earthen peak. Now i just have to find a better top to go with this skirt.

Fashion Souls II is hard.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Machwing wrote: »

That little stretch did seem oddly off curve as far a difficulty went.

Also spoiler about some early areas.
    For PC folks, if you're having trouble in Lost Bastille, try going somewhere else. It's possible you haven't been through the other path that will take you there.
    I figured I was there too early, but whatever. I helped two people kill those dumb bosses. Now if only the people I summon were any good :'(

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    How plentiful are effigies gonna be? Should I be hoarding them as ardently as I have been?

• Options
    Oh, also - any other PC folks getting screen tears? I had some gnarly ones until I lowered the settings to medium, which is bizarre, because I can run Black Flag/Titanfall/whatever at high no problemo, and this isn't anywhere near those two, horsepower-wise. Not sure what's causing it.

• Options
    I summoned Pate and a a player to fight the last giant and I had to do it with no sound because I have no idea why I lose sound if there's any summoning on. So annoying. Beat him, at least.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Not really, some weak enemies drop them

Effigies that is. You don't need to hoard them

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I summoned Pate and a a player to fight the last giant and I had to do it with no sound because I have no idea why I lose sound if there's any summoning on. So annoying. Beat him, at least.

Could be voice chat and sound ducking going crazy.

• Options
    It looks like it's trying to grab a sound recording device that conflicts with my headphones which is weird because since when does dark souls even have native voice chat

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I helped a barechested, bareknuclkle brawler named Mike Tyson kill the Pursuer.

It was pretty great.

Also my first two Snuggly items were the demon's greathammer and the channeler's spear, the one that you do a dance with. Yessssss.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    There's a ring that pretty much nullifies the need for the human effigies. I was in dire straits before I found out about the ring, becuase I am not very good at this video game. I was running out of effigies. I'm pretty sure I farmed all of the enemies that dropped them at that point and bought all the merchants had, and I had two left. I came to this thread and some kind person told me about this ring.
    http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/ring-of-life-protection
    Ring Of Life Protection

In-Game Description

Divine ring that watches over one's life.
    Created by the students of Ivory Rhonnes,
    sage of Lindelt.

Its great protective power will protect you
    from any loss upon death, but after
    its power is spent, the ring will break.

Use

*Do not turn hollow or lose souls upon any death other than petrification. Breaks when activated.

User does not lose Soulstain upon death either.
    Availability

Chest and corpse location:

No Man's Wharf treasure:
    Go up the first two flights of stone stairs. Turn left and head through the doorway in the corner. Smash the furniture on the right.

Shaded Woods treasure:
    From the Ruined Fork Road bonfire take the path on the left. Walk around the big aqueduct to find the ring on a corpse.

Notes

The Ring of Life Protection can be repaired for 3000 souls. It is advised to wear one on your first playthrough.

DouglasDanger on
This discussion has been closed.