As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Can we include Gregtech and Terrafirmacraft?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Pixelmon was pretty sweet for a few minutes and then frustrating as shit after that.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    No but with extra mods we can have server breaking number of Dryads.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    What about Magic based mods? Thaumcraft? Is there a huge desire for the blood magic thing?

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I like Thaumcraft, even if it does keep changing. I still have yet to get a functional automatic essence extraction pipe system going, and I want to puzzle that out.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    All hail our @Takel overlord.

Are we going with Mystcraft again? I like the idea, especially for mining ages and such. But it did crash the server a few times, didn't it?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Terrafirma craft isn't a mod so much as a total convertion, and it changes the game so radically that it is a massive chore to get it to play good with vanilla mods.

Gregtech is a nogo because Greg is a dick who includes backdoors in his code to give him admin on any server that runs his mod and has suicide code to crash the server/mod whenever gregtech is run with a mod he doesn't like.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Terrafirma craft isn't a mod so much as a total convertion, and it changes the game so radically that it is a massive chore to get it to play good with vanilla mods.

Gregtech is a nogo because Greg is a dick who includes backdoors in his code to give him admin on any server that runs his mod and has suicide code to crash the server/mod whenever gregtech is run with a mod he doesn't like.

I was assuming that was a troll post because TFC doesn't leave the Iron Age and GTech is all super high tech, so aside from both making the game harder I don't know of any two mods that are further apart.

Also I thought Greg got rid of that code thing under pressure from the community.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »

I was assuming that was a troll post because TFC doesn't leave the Iron Age and GTech is all super high tech, so aside from both making the game harder I don't know of any two mods that are further apart.

Also I thought Greg got rid of that code thing under pressure from the community.

Yeah, but still a black mark that makes him and his mod untrustworthy for ever.

• Options
    I don't disagree, I was just wondering if there had been new developments/revelations since the one time.

• Options
    I don't disagree, I was just wondering if there had been new developments/revelations since the one time.

It was more than once that he did it iirc.

• Options
    My semester ends tomorrow so gimmie that sweet minecrack

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Just another week fellow addict!
    Hopefully.
    I got them itches something fierce!

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I built a fusion reactor from Atomic Age on a YCP server that my mate runs recently, and jesus christ that thing was annoying to build. You need so much iron and steel. I was thinking of building a particle accelerator to go along with it, but all those electromagnets can go get fucked. Maybe once I reach singularity I'll do it.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I built a fusion reactor from Atomic Age on a YCP server that my mate runs recently, and jesus christ that thing was annoying to build. You need so much iron and steel. I was thinking of building a particle accelerator to go along with it, but all those electromagnets can go get fucked. Maybe once I reach singularity I'll do it.

This is somehow minecraft.

Mods are a hell of a drug

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Overall, I'm aiming to reduce the prevalence of jetpacks... I want to try something different with this version of the server and aim for a smaller world and more... traditional ground based forms of transportation.

Mystcraft is going to be a little iffy in my opinion. While yes, not having it means that the stuff I did in order to get the baseship's teleport room up and running will be kinda invalid, Mystcraft simply doesn't play nicely with the server so it'll be locked off as a very carefully controlled tool if it were to be implemented. As for mining ages, there's two provided by mods. The Deep Dark and there's I think an Extra Utilities mining age which is a high Y coord flatlands style with lots of ravines and stuff. With those two options, I don't think there's much need for mystcraft to generate quarry worlds

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Soo

Theres Atomic Age Nuclear Reactors.
    GregTech Nuclear Reactors
    Rotarycraft Nuclear Reactors
    and BigReactors Nuclear Reactors.

Theres a lot of nuclear power in minecraft mods lately.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    If anyone has a desire for it, I want to build this:
    the-building-is-an-inverted-pyramid.jpg

for my city square. I don't know if anyone would want to set up shop in it, but it will be up for grabs. I typically do odd number construction, but I may have this one fit inside chunks which would make some city planning a bit easier.

I have some ideas for the city wall, some towers, and the train station.
    Whoo another big project! :P

Radiation on
  • Options
    Don't forget IC2. Some of those options really are a 'here, infinite power' though.

Geth totally wants you to make that. A sticking point would be where to build it? Minecraft does have 63 blocks of depth at sea level so you might need to find some sort of mountain, or compress it a fair bit...

• Options
    edited October 2014
    He could make it in an extreme hills biome. It'd give him more room at least.

But then again the map might not have an extreme hills biome considering the map is gonna have borders.

edit
    alternatively he could build a huge pyramid to host his hole in the ground!

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Build up a city around the edges of it to disguise where "sea level" really is. That way when you reach the center of the city it seems like it just goes into the ground.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I'll accept not having teleportation if we have some cool transportation mod. Airships, Airplanes, complex rail blocks or more exotic means like repulser fields or something.

Building an airship with an airstrip for planes to land on would be rockin to design.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    Can we have rail craft with Steve's carts? I'd like to try to make a base that runs on carts. Plus rails would fit the whole ground based transport theme.

• Options
    Railcraft, Steve's Carts will be in. I'll look into the airship mods.

Oh, no teleportation also means no portal guns. Sorry. I'll leave gravguns in for block relocations.

• Options
    Any chance of a rundown of the major mods or just find out when its up

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    As for mining ages, there's two provided by mods. The Deep Dark and there's I think an Extra Utilities mining age which is a high Y coord flatlands style with lots of ravines and stuff.
    I'm confused. Or maybe you are. The Deep Dark is the Extra Utilities mining age.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    There's actually a second one somewhere... Uses a diamond portal

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Don't forget Thaumic Tinkerer and the Bedrock Dimension.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Building an airship with an airstrip for planes to land on would be rockin to design.

Is this a thing that exists? Because holy crap am I playing some Minecraft soon if so.

• Options
    There's a few mods with planes or airships, but a lot of them are kinda buggy.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Back in the day there was Flan's Planes. I forgot about it until just now, and apparently it still exists, as Flan's Mod, and has gotten a tiny bit bigger.
    1.png
    There's also a few make-your-own-vehicle-from-blocks mods, but like Lora said, they're mostly buggy.

AkimboEG on
  • Options
    Redpower frames as only method of flight lets do this

• Options
    Holy shit, those vehicles.
    And as to the compression of the design, I was just going to go from near bedrock up. and each floor would be one with the garden section in it. So yes, greatly compressed.

• Options
    As I said as a mod of the Minecraft Forums before the game had mobs, lighting or health, multiblock ships will be janky and weird

Flan's planes are not a whole lot better, but they have the suggestion that they work half the time

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I really want a mountain base with an open hanger/runway now.

• Options
    Redpower frames as only method of flight lets do this

Frame ships are the BEST. I'm moving at one block per second and you can't stop me. I used to have a hidden silo to land my frame ship in back in redpower days. It was also made of frames and would sink into the ground to open up.

• Options
    Actually that would be a lot easier to make now that drawbridges exist.

• Options
    Thanks to Takels announcement every time I see this thread bumped I get excited, then see its not Takel posting a link to the new pack and then I get sad.

• Options
    Thanks to Takels announcement every time I see this thread bumped I get excited, then see its not Takel posting a link to the new pack and then I get sad.

Yes hi hello this is me

IZF2byN.jpg