As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VINNY MOVING TO NYC [GIANT BOMB] WILL SURVIVE

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
2115108-1966579_vinnyjoust3.png

Vinny may be moving to New York City, but his videos will exist forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6A_rBEbQrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LpOQO0p8dY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZaO5PtfuA

Real talk though we got more people coming in soon, E3 is coming up fast and now we may get Scoops, the Wolf and the Stallion.

I think everything's going to be alright.

Oh yeah as always

Love
Ryan
Davis

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    im callin dibs on next because i've got a VERY SPECIAL THREAD lined up

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The best Vinny Video is Euro Truck Simulator

Just laying down the hard truths here, people

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    he really does

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Who's ready for the Bradcast?

• Options
    Jakorian wrote: »
    Who's ready for the Bradcast?

I think it'd be a drewcast before its a bradcast, but I'unno i'd listen to either

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I bought my first older vinyl the other day, Blondie's Parallel Lines (which I adore), the sleeve was in really good shape and the actual record plays perfectly

Anyways I am visiting NYC in October and it is now my hope to run into Vinny

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNBS1PpouTA

Except replace candy with thread.

Also I'm sorry.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    just look at a picture of vinny while listening to this song from start to finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Holy shit guys KRZ throws dark.

It took me most of Act 3 to get where it was getting at but around when I got to the factory it sort of fell into place and then
    OH NO THE LEG OH NO.

I tried not to drink. Bastards.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I didn't actually try to post mine for this time, I'm just waiting so the lead up is done

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Aw Vinny's Patch Notes are so good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    hey @Stilts I don't know if you saw my offer to play street fighter with you, but I would play street fighter with you tomorrow

and I'm worse than Huntera, so no worries there

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I know Huntera's thread

this tumultuous time would be...a poor place for it.

It will be better next week

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I know Huntera's thread

this tumultuous time would be...a poor place for it.

It will be better next week

it is why I waited, It wasn't Time

The Time Must be Right

• Options
    I was gonna make DANNY O DWYER WORKS FOR GAMESPOT DANNY O DWYER WORKS FOR GAMESPOT DANNY O DWYER WORKS FOR GAMESPOT DANNY O DW

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Now that my wife and daughter are away for THREE WEEKS I am giving strong consideration to moving my PC into my room for the time being.

I could plug it into the TV and play games on a big screen...

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Now that my wife and daughter are away for THREE WEEKS I am giving strong consideration to moving my PC into my room for the time being.

I could plug it into the TV and play games on a big screen...

That is many weeks!

Try not to revert too much into a caveman-like state.

You need to shower at least once before they come back, but twice would be a better bet

• Options
    SSGN727SSGN727 USS MICHIGAN Floating CalmlyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I hear some people like vidya games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0l4D-C_yI

Steam | Twitch Stream | Youtube Channel | NNID: Soapdish
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well I still have work and school to worry about so I should probably remain somewhat human

(Only somewhat though)

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    son of a motherfucker

i took my Metal Gear Solid Legacy disc out of my PS3 to play Valkyria Chronicles, and i set it on the shelf next to my ps3

apparently blu-ray discs look a lot like fuckin'... mice or something

because i just found my cat chompin' down on the disc and it has bite marks on it now

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Geez, I need to get caught up with the Bombcast. I had no idea Vinny was leaving!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    hey Stilts I don't know if you saw my offer to play street fighter with you, but I would play street fighter with you tomorrow

and I'm worse than Huntera, so no worries there

Yeah, I'd be cool with that.

My Steam ID is StiltsTheGM.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Rehab wrote: »
    Geez, I need to get caught up with the Bombcast. I had no idea Vinny was leaving!

only came out tonight, and he's not gone just moving to New York to be closer to family

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Realtalk if we get a podcast of just Patrick, Alex, and Vinny talking to each other for at least an hour every week, this is worth it.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

it was just announced tonight

and he's not leaving leaving, he's still a part of giant bomb

they're just expanding Giant Bomb New York into an actual second Giant Bomb office instead of Alex Navarro's apartment

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    son of a motherfucker

i took my Metal Gear Solid Legacy disc out of my PS3 to play Valkyria Chronicles, and i set it on the shelf next to my ps3

because i just found my cat chompin' down on the disc and it has bite marks on it now

Aw damn, that sucks ass

cats are weird

(i love cats but they're so weird)

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I've fallen down the bombcast youtube hole

http://youtube.com/watch?v=woO8uNJPaKs

• Options
    SSGN727SSGN727 USS MICHIGAN Floating CalmlyRegistered User regular
    son of a motherfucker

Your cat just knows that VC is a better franchise than MGS; you should be thanking your feline overlord

Steam | Twitch Stream | Youtube Channel | NNID: Soapdish
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I have the be the only person that listens to the Drewcast and has zero idea what they are talking about, but they both make me want to learn how the sport works. Makes me wish i had cable to watch F1.

Having thought this over now for a bit, i like where Giantbomb could be going. I look forward to Alex and Vinny together, Alex is probably their best critical writer and Vinny the most enthusiastic. I guess I am worried about leaving Brad and Drew and Jeff alone but just add more Rorie and maybe get in a rotating guest spot and ill be good to go until they rope in Idle Thumbs somehow. Throw in Scoops on both coasts.

• Options
    bombcast youtube hole is one of my favorites

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular

they're just expanding Giant Bomb New York into an actual second Giant Bomb office instead of Alex Navarro's apartment

Ahh, I wasn't sure when the announcement took place. I just looked into it enough just now to see he was still with Giant Bomb but departing in much the same way Patrick did.

Wonder who is going to get stuck with all of the various production duties Vinny handled.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options

Ahh, I wasn't sure when the announcement took place. I just looked into it enough just now to see he was still with Giant Bomb but departing in much the same way Patrick did.

Wonder who is going to get stuck with all of the various production duties Vinny handled.

they're currently hiring new video producers and "in front of the camera" people

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2014

they're currently hiring new video producers and "in front of the camera" people

they had two job postings, one was for an editor and one for an engineer intern

so a writer and a website/camera person

Huntera on
  • Options
    50+ minutes of flip flop beef

• Options
    listening to the actual bombcast discussion about vinny's move definitely puts me at ease

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I will admit though that thinking about it, it sucks that Giant Bomb as we knew and loved it basically ended two years ago.

Ryan gone, Patrick and Alex moved, Vinny moving. They can add guests or new people, but they'll never replace those four in the office, and that's assuming nobody else moves or leaves and that four doesn't become five.

• Options
    I thought they had 2 full jobs, one editior and one video person, but were also looking for an engineer intern.

• Options
    hahahahahahaha oh my god

drew: AND WE'LL FINALLY HAVE SOMEONE IN NEW YORK!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I will admit though that thinking about it, it sucks that Giant Bomb as we knew and loved it basically ended two years ago.

Ryan gone, Patrick and Alex moved, Vinny moving. They can add guests or new people, but they'll never replace those four in the office, and that's assuming nobody else moves or leaves and that four doesn't become five.

Two years?

None of this was even a full year ago

Except Alex I guess but whatever

Patrick was still there, Ryan was still here

This discussion has been closed.