Options

Drop and give me [chat]

1697071727375»

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Also, this weekend is going to last forever, because there's so much going on for me Monday and the following week and so little going on before then.

I'm actually looking forward to mowing the lawn to break the tedium.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »

People fake all the time, which is very weird.

I recall hearing a steady stream of cases every couple of years about men pretending to be ex servicemen and wearing service medals. They usually become deeply involved in returned servicemen organisations too

the pressure to take all claimants in a very generous good faith is immense, which predictably leads to opportunistic scams like this

the scammers aren't even particularly materially-motivated (although, when they are, they can be very damaging) - sometimes they're just after respect and friends

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i have a great deal of sympathy for compulsive liars

i retroactively disbelieve everything you've ever said to me

you know how i told you that my eye got knocked crooked while making love to lara croft in the swiss alps

well

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

I recall hearing a steady stream of cases every couple of years about men pretending to be ex servicemen and wearing service medals. They usually become deeply involved in returned servicemen organisations too

the pressure to take all claimants in a very generous good faith is immense, which predictably leads to opportunistic scams like this

the scammers aren't even particularly materially-motivated (although, when they are, they can be very damaging) - sometimes they're just after respect and friends

Human nature expresses itself in a dizzying number of ways. Sometimes you scam them for money, sometimes you scam them for love and acceptance, and sometimes you scam them for their own good. And sometimes you scam them and it actually ends up being for their own good and not just your delusion that your helping.

488W936.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i have a great deal of sympathy for compulsive liars

i retroactively disbelieve everything you've ever said to me

you know how i told you that my eye got knocked crooked while making love to lara croft in the swiss alps

well

excuse me while i spend hours recalibrating MY ENTIRE WORLDVIEW

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I am a compulsive flier.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    closing the usurper thread in a couple minutes

I hope you are not writing any essays, ronya

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    also i'm a 6'5 adonis dripping in women who makes 700k a year

Literally just puréed fifty women into a chunky soup, bought a pool, and dunked himself in it.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

I tried a similar lie when I forgot to pay my car taxes one year, something along the lines of me being out of town for a month for my father's funeral and all. The treasurer's office of the city of Norfolk did not give a single hint of a shit.

edit: I meant to reply to the post about credit card late fees

jeffinva on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Gim wrote: »

When 9/11 happened I was working in a call center for a bank. In the weeks that followed my fellow phone jockeys figured out that we were forgiving an oddly high number of late payment fees for people who lost someone in the tower attacks.

Long story short it turned out people were calling us and lying about losing someone in the towers to try and get their fucking credit card late payment fees waived.

Like, a lot of people.

See, what's weird there is how that doesn't surprise me. Those people shamelessly exploited a national tragedy for small financial gains. I can wrap my head around that.

This woman should have been debunked a dozen times inside of a week, yet she persevered for a far less obvious reason for a long time in a relatively high profile position.

Gim on
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    closing the usurper thread in a couple minutes

I hope you are not writing any essays, ronya

He always is, it's why I love him so.

And with that, I'm off to bury my head in some pillows.

488W936.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    May as well just copy/paste some messages about why I'm in a bad mood atm.

[00:42] Fighting with a friend.
    [00:42] Not a way to end a night.
    [00:43] Or, i should say, TRYING to fight with a friend about how shitty they've been acting and they run away from any/all confrontation.
    [00:45] I'm sick of this fucking shit.
    [00:46] Over the last year we've drifted in contact. It happens between friends. Fine.
    [00:46] But then she assured me that's not what it was and that she was just crazy busy lately and it'll be better in x amount of time.
    [00:46] X amount of time goes by, twice, and there's no change. Again she assures that's not the case.
    [00:46] And all this year it's been bad.
    [00:46] She forgot my birthday, I called her out on it and she was apologetic. Did anything change? No.
    [00:47] She had the nerve to tell me she had been working on a gift and it never came in two months time.
    [00:47] So I told her enough is fucking enough.
    [00:47] But now she runs away just leaving a "I'm sorry..."
    [00:47] Every time.
    [00:48] AND ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    to be fair i forgot your birthday also

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    327356728_Y2Xko-L-2.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.