As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show off your [Screenshots] thread II: NSFFIOS

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    No way!

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    FFXIV has some rad bosses nowdays, dunnit? They get theme songs!

I've been going pretty hard at Elite lately:

UrnnlLr.png
    Qd9JUPO.png
    IrC87cD.png
    yxT4r3b.png

It is absurdly photogenic even when you aren't running bullshot reshade settings, but gosh, do I ever like the result of them.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Grrr...I need to redo my HUD colors. Seeing that clean blue HUD of yours reminds me how hideous the default yellowish-orange is. The color codes I found way back when to turn my HUD purple had a couple problems with it: 1) the shade of purple was too dark, and 2) it reversed the IFF colors (friendlies were red, hostiles were green).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    When I finally got around to changing the hud color, I realized how much I didn't care for the original look. The cooler feeling of the blue/teal/whatever makes me happier.

@Erlkönig Have you kept up with the community's hud editing efforts? You may have some success with this online graphical preview:

And this thread has a bunch of player presets.

I used a utility, the topic of this thread, to edit my fov beyond the game setting's soft lock and picked out my hud from a long list of presets. I liked a few of them, and they're easy to use as a base to work from.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    When I finally got around the changing the hud color, I realized how much I didn't care for the original look. The cooler feeling of the blue/teal/whatever makes me happier.

@Erlkönig Have you kept up with the community's hud editing efforts? You may have some success with this online graphical preview:

I used a utility, the topic of this thread, to edit my fov beyond the gmae setting's soft lock and picked out my hud from a long list of presets. I liked a few of them, and they're easy to use as a base to work from.

That is exactly what I needed! Brighter purple general HUD and proper IFF color coding...thank you!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »
    When I finally got around the changing the hud color, I realized how much I didn't care for the original look. The cooler feeling of the blue/teal/whatever makes me happier.

I used a utility, the topic of this thread, to edit my fov beyond the gmae setting's soft lock and picked out my hud from a long list of presets. I liked a few of them, and they're easy to use as a base to work from.

That is exactly what I needed! Brighter purple general HUD and proper IFF color coding...thank you!

Keen, I'm glad that worked for you.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aldo wrote: »
    New PvP gear in FFXIV. Dyed in turquoise, except for the axe, which is dyed in metallic yellow (ie: gold).

7VrC2Vr.jpg

original character do not steal

(still need gloves and boots)

zyna72hepdwn.jpg

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    T-twins?

Well ok we are on different servers.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Elite as directed by that new Star Trek fellow? This was the first neutron star I've ever visited! - Turns out it is a white dwarf, rather.

MfYR2mb.png
    dRRBwKF.png
    5KC9kbv.png

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Jumping to brown dwarfs used to scare the crap out of me. They were so dim coming out of hyperspace that it looked like you were jumping into a big blob of nothingness.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Gotta look fancy while healing.

C4QEkGDWEAQaEUM.jpg:large

C4QEkGDWYAAQlme.jpg:large

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    re that second Elite shot, on station - I giggle sometimes how, even though we're so much fancier and more advanced now, under all the eye candy and bump mapping they've still managed to preserve the "only ten polys" aspect of the classic designs.

• Options
    re that second Elite shot, on station - I giggle sometimes how, even though we're so much fancier and more advanced now, under all the eye candy and bump mapping they've still managed to preserve the "only ten polys" aspect of the classic designs.

They even have a set of "classic" skins. :rotate:

GXRMtCBl.jpg

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was wondering why all the ships were shaped like that.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    ?.png
    I am a hurricane of blood and death.

?.png
    Everyone should fire up geck and change the gatling guns to fire mini nukes, it's a cathartic use of code

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    HELLO FROM THE FOREST OR MAYBE OUTSIDE IT I DON'T KNOW I GOT LOST AND ATE THESE GUYS

?.JPG

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I was wondering why all the ships were shaped like that.

Because this:

eliteS.gif

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    9cJg8EK.jpg

Tony Hawk's Pro Long A Rush 2

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    My current favourites in For Honor.

FCsvI58.jpg
    5tYnjAT.jpg
    0H7iUz0.png

• Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    I wish Mount and Blade did as good a job as For Honor with making you feel like you're in the middle of the chaos.

2E0C436100FFFC845FABD08B8A4EF1A5448A2284

Warlord is my jam so far. Haven't done much PvP yet but this character makes me feel like I'm almost always in control. I'm now past using the omni-block for defense and I'm starting to use it aggressively for quick heavies.

8558C2EBB75BB3DDB6148734710F415B2A0B7FAA

Also been making more progress in Dragon's Dogma. Said hello to an old friend!

8CCD4D63E1A304425DA14E0E822D84B6781A09FD

Daggers have been fun for putting out monstrous DPS, but I decided to mix it up for a bit and use the shield since assassin gets the best of both worlds. Hold people in place and stab them!

DCE674AB4ADE531946CBC8528EFA718E08998BC2

A Cyclops? Pfft. Easy as pie for me now!

C6ECFF800A4D8A26D327F77570CF40E87875E32E

Wait.... I got this!

301946833A86ABA82B30AB7275F92D668298FF2E

Golems are fun. You have to climb on various points of their body to hit the weak area that's glowing. Then they get mad and start shooting lasers at you.

93BE8E3D2DFC54F2C839F9E68EFB4AEACABFB6AD

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Space ships are lovely things. I got a new one!

Vs1h5h7.png
    gKaThcZ.png
    4paNitE.png
    k7XdSQR.png

I'm pretty sure that is a neutron star.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    peLL2Ps.jpg

iHsflvj.jpg

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    So I ended up finishing Flame in the Flood's campaign shortly after my last batch, but there wasn't much left after my stopping point. Picked it back up and started the endless mode. It continues to drain hours from me in a really good way.

This totally isn't a fear of mine. Nope. Not at all!

B4D644258989C372D97A1D5DEBA6C0CC19F0ED1E

Entrance to the final stop of the campaign known as the kingdom. Not gonna show more than this, but it wrapped up nicely.

E6476CE38AE043665D9F1653ABEAEB189A4FB09A

As with most games like this, it has a results screen where you can zoom in and see where you docked, and what happened to you there.

C27FA1C556D169B310B812A67EDB5589B27D0EAA

Anyway, on to endless mode. It's odd being back in a non-upgraded raft where I have nothing and- wait... why the hell are there wolves in the first area? Okay, fine. That crow will alert the wolf, so I need to get a trap set.

8F7D321B04BB5AC4FB78363802C000F40997E2D4

Success!

3ED86ED276E6A3EFE6D7E9BAF0F39656F2B0E70E

Stopped at a camp, and encountered some Feral Children! Woo? At least they kept the wolves away.

82EC80928ED61B810C05C378FC2368D7804DE28D

Uhhh...

BE5184787B3505255F2675D9FAB6B3DBA55C7C95

Also I encountered a campsite with a pack of wolves fighting a bear, and a snake cozying up by the campfire. I did not take a screenshot because I was running too fast >_>

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    New glamour outfit. *casually leans against everything ever*

yk0bkSp.png

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @SmokeStacks tony hawk pro skater on dust? That's amazing.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    @SmokeStacks tony hawk pro skater on dust? That's amazing.

There's a mod for the PC version of Tony Hawk's Underground 2 called THUG Pro that adds levels from every PC port from the series, as well as others. Dust2 isn't actually included, but the mod is at the point where custom levels (not just levels created by the in-game level editor) can be added. It's still kinda rough right now (custom levels are added by replacing the files from one of the existing levels, usually Burnside, and then selecting that level in the game), more of a proof of concept than anything, but it looks promising and who knows what enterprising modders will be able to do with it in the future. Custom levels can also be played online as well, so if you want to race around Kokiri Forest or do manual competitions in Station Square with strangers you totally can.

Thug Pro is actually a ton of fun, and if you enjoy the THPS games I'd definitely recommend you download it. It's a pretty monumental achievement and is a testament to what is possible when you have fans who love a franchise but keep getting subpar games like THPS5 and THPSHD and decide they can do better themselves. Even if you never dick around with custom levels you've still got most of the levels from THPS 1 and 2, all of the levels from THPS 3, THPS4, THUG, and THUG2, a bunch from THAW and Project 8, and even one from Disney's Extreme Skateboarding (which uses the THPS engine). I just use it to goof around in freeskate while listening to music mainly since finding lines and getting into the zone can be very relaxing for me.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So I ended up finishing Flame in the Flood's campaign shortly after my last batch, but there wasn't much left after my stopping point. Picked it back up and started the endless mode. It continues to drain hours from me in a really good way.

Entrance to the final stop of the campaign known as the kingdom. Not gonna show more than this, but it wrapped up nicely.

As with most games like this, it has a results screen where you can zoom in and see where you docked, and what happened to you there.

Anyway, on to endless mode. It's odd being back in a non-upgraded raft where I have nothing and- wait... why the hell are there wolves in the first area? Okay, fine. That crow will alert the wolf, so I need to get a trap set.

Success!

Stopped at a camp, and encountered some Feral Children! Woo? At least they kept the wolves away.

Uhhh...

Also I encountered a campsite with a pack of wolves fighting a bear, and a snake cozying up by the campfire. I did not take a screenshot because I was running too fast >_>

I got the Flame in the Flood awhile ago in a pack of other games. Those screenshots make me want to go install and play it.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options

Success!

Uhhh...

I got the Flame in the Flood awhile ago in a pack of other games. Those screenshots make me want to go install and play it.

Do it! It's a wonderful blend of frantic survival, with lots of calm moments. The music especially helps you forget that Scout is slowly bleeding to death after being charged by a boar :biggrin:

• Options
    This Ork doing a great Charlie Brown impression while he's getting bowled over.

?.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    C6o4AUOU0AAgSGO.jpg:large

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    New weapons in Space Hulk. It's good times!

70CD813508F261366E11A102AD94EB07EB2F4BAD

Anyway, back to the trip down the endless river.

6FDB257471AAE45BB96A5AC9F0924B3FC2559FD0

Started with a quick stop at a camp site. Found it occupied. The NPCs in this game don't even attack animals, but I felt safe with this lady.

400F5D8AA9855197525142F001C63FB855167CF0

From there I moved on into an industrial zone. Lots of hazards, little food, but lots of parts. A good opportunity to upgrade my tools and make serious steps towards raft upgrades.

B1D1A93EEFDFFFB7ED08395FA3C0D9C9AEEA21EB

The boar king. Where most wolves and boars take a single spear trap to down, this guy took 3. One of the most satisfying kills I've done, I had to actively dodge him while grabbing plants, and then retreat to my raft to craft the last trap.

2768790B808B44A9C2C95080EA00868F06DB1A21

Came out of the zone with some good loot. Steel tools, a ton of jars, and some raft parts. Got myself a rudder and a stronger hull out of it. Next upgrade will be the rain catcher.

7DA5366AAB0051710036580B0DC241922E76EA6B

The next zone had almost nothing but rain. Lots of body temperature issues while navigating through, but I used the 7 jars I have saved up to keep a big supply of clean water on my raft!

AF030A4266986095BE10DD9EAB6384811333718A

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

EE3E20821AE670B1EBBCDAB2418D367A49E4ED68

Kept on moving, kept seeing wolves, but they had their own issues! It takes 4 spear traps to kill a bear by the way...

F7559CE0A9200DFD8731C9610AAA3069477026D5

Got out alive with plenty of supplies and equipment. Aesop here is carrying 8 pieces of Jerky for me! Good for when I can't cook or forage. (Also, see those bugs in the back? Do yourself a favor and don't step on them...)

9B68727516EF1D5F8E52725ADC8E8CDB918AFC2A

MortifiedPenguin on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The choice of black and red eyes really creeps me out.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I don't see any bugs.

• Options
    It's out of focus so that doesn't help, but in the upper left are ant hills. The little red things? Those are the bugs. Very easy to not notice them if you're dealing with other problems.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Every time I think of it, I think I ought to get that game. And then I forget, and don't get it, and recently bought another game that had been recommended and I haven't enjoyed at all, and so there goes game money for a month...

:-|

• Options
    HmudaHmuda "What other game lets you kill a Giant Spider and use its body to make soap?" - Dwarf Fortress Registered User regular
    Warframe screenshot mode.

C4TNVbK.jpg

dBDMO1f.jpg

xf9M6m4.jpg

lr6zSJp.jpg

FOw7B4x.jpg

9WdN2HE.jpg

eVyA28N.jpg

bnjqhgq.jpg

SN0PjFy.jpg

Si853fk.jpg

nLYAP7s.jpg

Space Engine videos with appropriate music. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hmuda