As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[E3] 2014 - Who won? Everyone.

HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud.Registered User regular
edited June 2014 in Games and Technology
It's that time of year again folks. Time for rumors, hype, game reveals, and enough marketing buzzwords to choke an elephant.

Presenting....
XKKlNkJ.png

Old Thread #1.

@Peewi Put together a very nice schedule of times and streaming events.
http://brackethouse.dk/e3/

Companies, Showtimes, and Events
Microsoft:
Watch now.

Electronic Arts:
Watch now.

Ubisoft:
Watch now.

Sony:
Watch now.

Nintendo:
June 10th @ 9:00 a.m. PT
Streaming & Events:
http://e3.nintendo.com

Nintendo also has a 3 day special streaming setup from Treehouse for all of E3:

Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT
Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT

Group chat:
There is an IRC channel setup for people to discuss E3 events:

Server:
irc.slashnet.org | Channel #pa_e3keynote
Web Client:
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.slashnet.org&channel=#pa_e3keynote

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
HallowedFaith on

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I dont even know what i want from nintendo. i only got one for kart.

So. Wow me nerds. Wow me.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    'Dat new thread smell.

Your turn in 40mins BigN. Show us that new Starfox!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Goooooood, I hope this meeting I'm in is over before Nintendo starts.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Nintendo NEEDS to be big. They've had like no proper 'directs' this year. This needs to knock our socks off.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    RaziyaRaziya An Scrub VermontRegistered User regular
    Excitement! I hope Nintendo brings the big guns...they need it

156594_03fef74545a6b3c8.png
    Current obsession: Overwatch Battle.net: Raziya#1552
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Out of the leaked three games we know due to Time StarFox is the only thing that captures my attention and even then only slightly.

If that's all they got I got a collective meh for them.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just want to reiterate

STAR FOX!

probably

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    zelda warriors will be awesome.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Goooooood, I hope this meeting I'm in is over before Nintendo starts.
    I just remembered that I have a meeting starting at the exact same time D:

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Hoping for a GOOD Star Fox game...

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I just want a Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem trailer. A proper one. Or, a definite announcement that it's sadly been cancelled. I can't stand all this uncertainty.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Although I find this whole concept of "winning" E3 kinda silly..Nintendo can definitely do it. The other conferences have been pretty average.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I predict that Nintendo will also hit it out of the park this year and focus on games. Good ones that we want.

They pretty much have to.

But I think they will.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't care about StarFox.

I care about Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and whatever ATLUS plans to put on 3DS/Wii U.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    nope its all wiiu health attachments this year.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Although I find this whole concept of "winning" E3 kinda silly..Nintendo can definitely do it. The other conferences have been pretty average.

I dunno. MS did what they needed to, had some interesting games. Sony had that boring middle section like they do every year, but the front and back brought the noise.

Nintendo needs to do similar: show that, look, we got games. Come play these. They're fun!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    nope its all wiiu health attachments this year.

At least we'd know what they were

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

I dunno. MS did what they needed to, had some interesting games. Sony had that boring middle section like they do every year, but the front and back brought the noise.

Nintendo needs to do similar: show that, look, we got games. Come play these. They're fun!

that's what they always do!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    That's all Nintendo really ever had to do. They keep forgetting their core strength is in game design. Sometimes I feel like they don't really understand the full swing of their arm as a game maker.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    People froth at the mouth the minute a company steps away from GAMES GAMES GAMES and i understand and agree to a point. But a few minutes of features outside of GAMES is not that big a deal. I was actually interested in what Sony had to say, even aside from GAMES!!!.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Just want to reiterate

STAR FOX!

probably

Apparently leaked by time magazine, yeah, star fox.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm not a huge Star Fox fan - on rails shooters always feel kind of short to me too so I hope they manage to make a good length game. I love Nintendo, and have all my eggs in their basket right now (PC, 3DS, Wii U owner) but I really don't expect them to blow us away - I think it will be stuff we already know about with more details and some surprise eShop titles at best. Last year they really needed to come out swinging, and they didn't so I'm going in setting the bar low.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I have a meeting that starts at 9:30.

For Nintendo to top No Man's Sky, Grim Fandango, Bloodborne, and the rest of Sony's conference will require some big guns. Sony's conference has me actively considering the purchase of a PS4 or a Vita. MS's didn't give me that drive to purchase their system.

I already have a WiiU, but I want Nintendo to make me want to buy everything they show.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Choo-choo! :D

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    That's all Nintendo really ever had to do. They keep forgetting their core strength is in game design. Sometimes I feel like they don't really understand the full swing of their arm as a game maker.

That's not all they need though. The Gamecube didn't come in third for lack of Nintendo games.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    New Star Fox could be interesting, but the control scheme as described in the Time article sounds horribly contorted.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    Stir-Fry

iF0QUjX.jpg

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Choo-choo! :D
    train_derailment.jpg

;)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm trying to think of specific things I want from Nintendo, and all that's really coming to mind is more Smash characters, a Majora's Mask sequel/remake, and most importantly, a new Metroid game. Hopefully one that washes away the memory of Other M.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I have a meeting that starts at 9:30.

For Nintendo to top No Man's Sky, Grim Fandango, Bloodborne, and the rest of Sony's conference will require some big guns. Sony's conference has me actively considering the purchase of a PS4 or a Vita. MS's didn't give me that drive to purchase their system.

I already have a WiiU, but I want Nintendo to make me want to buy everything they show.

I pre-ordered the white destiny bundle last night.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    @RidleySaria‌ Well, that's what happens when EA only shows concept art. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You nerds keep thinking star fox. i will laugh my self to death when its a nintendo land 2 mini game.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

That's what they did last year, and I imagine they'll be doing the same this year.

Hell, that can be said of every Nintendo Direct they air as well.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    People froth at the mouth the minute a company steps away from GAMES GAMES GAMES and i understand and agree to a point. But a few minutes of features outside of GAMES is not that big a deal. I was actually interested in what Sony had to say, even aside from GAMES!!!.

Also, the non-games content was pretty cool -
    1. Enhancing features for streamers/content creators - really smart
    2. Adding PS now to TV's - pretty cool if you don't own a PS product and want to play some games
    3. Vita TV - Neat.

• Options

EA told me the one thing I wanted to hear: Casey Hudson and Mac Walters are NOT working on the new Mass Effect.

• Options

EA told me the one thing I wanted to hear: Casey Hudson and Mac Walters are NOT working on the new Mass Effect.

were they not the duders talking about it?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    New Star Fox could be interesting, but the control scheme as described in the Time article sounds horribly contorted.

Well that control scheme has already been tried in The Wonderful 101.

There is a segment where you're in a tank, and you have to move the Gamepad around to "aim" while using the analog sticks to move the vehicle.

It was absolutely horrible.

• Options
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

That's not all they need though. The Gamecube didn't come in third for lack of Nintendo games.

I think they would graciously accept third if it meant turning a profit

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    A new Metroid might finally convince me to buy a 3DS.

This discussion has been closed.