As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I never liked a girl well enough to give her twelve sharp [chat]s

LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Oh look, Geth selecting yet more Mayonnaise Crew to create [chat]s, what a surprise Geth.

#yesallwomen

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    All your post are belong to me.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Oh look, Geth selecting yet more Mayonnaise Crew to create [chat]s, what a surprise Geth.

#yesallwomen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhqlw2_LHrQ

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I think Mayonnaise Crew will be the name of my ill fated hip hop dance group.

All middle age, overweight white guys.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Here comes the mayo crew visiting the sausage factory.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Stop you are making me hungry

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Deebaser‌ I think what you're maybe missing is that the "company culture", which is basically the idealized vision of itself and the principles/behaviors it endorses as a means of achieving that, maybe also have unintended, negative consequences. One of those being that the people in charge of hiring, tasked to find a fit for the culture, may be selecting candidates based on biases based on who they feel exemplifies those values and not hiring others because of biases.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Echo, did you make and then delete a post?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Young Harold Ramis is just so awesome.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The hiring process at Zappos would make me rather starve to death rather than try to get a job there.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh, recruiters.

Screenshot%202014-07-02%2012.30.00.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Stop you are making me hungry

We can grab a quick taco after work, maybe take the bologna poney express.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my boss definitely hires people for things like being nice and seeming wholesome

even though they're mostly incompetent

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

Oh, it was Elki, not Echo.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    my boss definitely hires people for things like being nice and seeming wholesome

Being able to show up and project competence to clients/customers is a huge part of a lot of jobs

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    I'd kinda love going to nights playing this kinda stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUlUM7-lQow

I definitely wouldn't fit in, which generally doesn't bother me but the disparity might be too great..

• Options
    I really hope through some magic I get to see Bill Murray while I'm in NYC. Knowing my luck I'll run into Pauley Shore or some shit

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Being able to show up and project competence to clients/customers is a huge part of a lot of jobs

these aren't customer-facing people though

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular

as long as it's not my company i'd rather incompetant, nice people were hired over the opposite

ideally in an employers market you should be able to find the nice competent people though

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The Whole Foods thing where they have their peers determine whether a person is hired permanently seems well-intentioned but kind of stupid unless they somehow make sure that the employees aren't going to be deciding based on some really dumb shit.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I really hope through some magic I get to see Bill Murray while I'm in NYC. Knowing my luck I'll run into Pauley Shore or some shit

you've gotta come here for murray

• Options
    815165 wrote: »

as long as it's not my company i'd rather incompetant, nice people were hired over the opposite

ideally in an employers market you should be able to find the nice competent people though

they aren't even nice though

they just seem nice in an interview

they're all bickering little morons, each of whom thinks he or she is the most important and hardest worker (none of them are either)

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    no one will ever believe you, though

• Options
    well, one of the guys works hard

but that's because he's too dumb not too

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    surfboardt

• Options
    edited July 2014

they're all bickering little morons, each of whom thinks he or she is the most important and hardest worker (none of them are either)

because it's you, right?

edit: this totally sounds like a catty dig but is actually a jokey dig

hmm :(

815165 on
  • Options

because it's you, right?

hehe not hardly

i sit at a desk all day

i have no delusions of grandeur

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i need a jerb with more downtime

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Wife was hired to maintain and troubleshoot the Starbucks wifi networks of North America despite having no IT background. Seemed like the female department head had mainly just been excited at the prospect of hiring another woman into an IT department full of men.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kaleedity wrote: »
    no one will ever believe you, though

oh they'd believe me because I'd turn into a big crying girl and about 20 people would film me on youtube. And bill murray would just be like

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/j6q8QvL.gif

Ludious on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    The Whole Foods thing where they have their peers determine whether a person is hired permanently seems well-intentioned but kind of stupid unless they somehow make sure that the employees aren't going to be deciding based on some really dumb shit.

I once got rejected from moving into a house for that kind of nonsense. In hindsight, I really dodged a bullet there. Much more lame when that happens at jobs, though.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Wife was hired to maintain and troubleshoot the Starbucks wifi networks of North America despite having no IT background. Seemed like the female department head had mainly just been excited at the prospect of hiring another woman into an IT department full of men.

This is even worse than the Giant Bomb thing! :o

• Options
    the lady used to work in IT

she was told things a lot like she "dresses too much like a dyke"

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Oh, it was Elki, not Echo.

You didn't see nothing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i need a jerb with more downtime

I only work three days a week, but those days are exhausting.

• Options

This is even worse than the Giant Bomb thing! :o

no rape/death threats I hope

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

I went to a concert once and Pauly Shore jumped up on the stage at one point.

That was a terrible concert, by the way.

Maybe you will get lucky, and see the long awaited showdown between Pauly S and Pauly D!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    @Deebaser‌ I think what you're maybe missing is that the "company culture", which is basically the idealized vision of itself and the principles/behaviors it endorses as a means of achieving that, maybe also have unintended, negative consequences. One of those being that the people in charge of hiring, tasked to find a fit for the culture, may be selecting candidates based on biases based on who they feel exemplifies those values and not hiring others because of biases.

And I think that you're projecting a negative definition onto something that academically means something else. Here, I snipped a page from an old IT/PM textbook. Couldn't get all 10 points, but I assure you that none of the back six are "racial/national purity"

AKkDNzh.gif

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I think I applied for that job.

This discussion has been closed.