As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX SOUTH] Forumer photo posted by Khoo pg 29! Nerds squinting!

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in Social Entropy++
ZbvPQQm.png

Welcome to the world of tomorrow! I mean, welcome to the newest addition to the PAX family, PAX South! The 2015 edition of PAX South will take place at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, which is conveniently located in the heart of San Antonio, Texas! Texas in January has highs in the low 60s F (~17 C) and lows in the low 40s (~4 C).

If you don't know what PAX is, where have you been? PAX is an awesome party with between 50 and 90 thousand nerds. Its the largest gaming convention in North America. There's video games, table top, card games, retro games, arcade games, BYOC/PC freeplay, panels, expo hall, lounges, concerts, and of course the OMEGATHON.

So get ready for a great time, now coming to a Texas near you!

Let us begin the big list, as is custom:

GOING to PAX South For Realsies
@Goose!
@rhylith‌
@joshofalltrades‌
@DHS Odium
@Yukira‌
@Sier‌
@The Hanged Man
@Mysst‌
@zerzhul‌
@VoproSTEIN‌
@Darth Waiter
@Syphyre‌
@Dedwrekka‌
@Virgil_Leads_You‌
@Tofystedeth
@Kadith
@Naphtali
@Devlin_Dragonus‌
@Stilts‌
@Speed Racer
@ASimPerson‌
@Aphostile‌
@Lost Salient
@robotbee‌
@Darth Waiter
@Whippy
@Lord Palington
@CorporateLogo‌
@Perrsun‌

Goose! on

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I am so so excited!

I hope I get to meet as many of you as possible, though I'm sure lots of you guys from the northwest/east coast sadly won't be double dipping on PAXes

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So I've got a hotel a few minutes from the convention center on foot. It's only a single bed, but in the event of an emergency, I may be willing to let people camp out on my floor. Keeping in mind that I'll be using the room for sleeping, and not for partying.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm going, I live like an hour away

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I shall likely be venturing to San Antonio for this event

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Damn phone crapped out when I was going to check on buying a 3 day pass.

How many 1 day passes are left and how much are they?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

$30 each and they are supposedly plentiful still!

Go go go!

I wanna see you there.

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Friend managed to swipe a 3-day pass for me before they sold out.

• Options

$30 each and they are supposedly plentiful still!

Go go go!

I wanna see you there.

I'll be home by 3pm.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I can't believe they moved PAX East up to early march

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I am so so excited!

I hope I get to meet as many of you as possible, though I'm sure lots of you guys from the northwest/east coast sadly won't be double dipping on PAXes

I am also excited to finally get to meet a bunch of you Texas folks, since Yukira and rhylith have spoken so highly of y'all

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I have nothing but nice things to say about DW and rhylith as well, they're good people

Yukira and I still haven't met in person, although we chat occasionally on Steam, so that's another Texas person I'm looking forward to knowing

And yay Naphtali is going too :D

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Okay I have badges. I'll figure out lodging later and if anyone is down to work out splitting something @ me

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that I'll meet enough people at Prime that I'll actually have some friends to look forward to seeing again in Texas, haha! I've been registered to the forums for five years apparently (no idea what for originally), but only started posting in the last couple months. Mostly though, it'll just be nice to get out of Utah in January.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I can't believe they moved PAX East up to early march
    Eh, East has always bounced around a bit. It will def be a challenge for them to have East and South so close, but they proved they could do it with Aus/Prime 2013 being so close.

• Options
    Kadith wrote: »
    Okay I have badges. I'll figure out lodging later and if anyone is down to work out splitting something @ me

@Kadith I might just be! I won't be able to go in until Tuesday of next week though.

If you don't mind waiting that long then PM me!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    If you use the pax reservation system they don't charge your card until much closer to the show.

• Options
    I assume there will be a pub crawl or something equivalent planned

• Options
    Need more people going to this thing!

• Options
    Welp, you can count me ...

IN, MUTHAGEESE!!!!!

• Options
    Welp, you can count me ...

IN, MUTHAGEESE!!!!!

All three days, or just Fri/Sat like myself?

I hear Sundays are pretty dead on the con floor by comparison so I opted to spend the final day chilling elsewhere

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Depends on what you mean by pretty dead?

Of course, these days Prime is busy all 4-days so it doesn't matter. But lines can be shorter on Sunday, which is nice if you actually wanted to see something without waiting 2 hours to do so.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Well, this is certainly convenient.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Well, I bought passes, we'll see closer to the event if I can still go.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Oh hi. The couch offer is still up for someone that might not be able to swing a hotel as well as plane tickets.

We could probably fit a 4th person in on the loveseat if they're short.

• Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Well, I bought passes, we'll see closer to the event if I can still go.

Yay!

• Options
    Looks like I'll be crashing with Yukira. @Yukira do you like banana bread

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Also the hotel I booked is apparently haunted.

Spoooooky.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Yes I do. Sier tends to make banana bread when she remembers we have bananas after it's too late to make them into smoothies.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Yes I do. Sier tends to make banana bread when she remembers we have bananas after it's too late to make them into smoothies.

I make some bomb-ass banana bread. Remind me to bring some as a token of my thanks!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Got my 3 day pass, does anyone know when they usually announce the pax hotel deal or should I just start looking now?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Alright so do we plan to continue the Fancy Dinner tradition?

And start a fuckin awesome BBQ place tradition?

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Got my 3 day pass, does anyone know when they usually announce the pax hotel deal or should I just start looking now?

The hotel site is online, go back to south.paxsite.com and click hotels

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Alright so do we plan to continue the Fancy Dinner tradition?

And start a fuckin awesome BBQ place tradition?

I second this motion.

• Options
  • Options

http://paxsouthhotels2014.com/

It's in the hotels and travel tab on the site, but click that link to go straight to reservations.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    It's already out. http://bit.ly/PAXS15Hotels

zerzhul on
  • Options
    I think we can cram someone on the loveseat still, if you're fine with your legs hanging off the edge.

• Options
    SierSier Registered User regular
    @joshofalltrades maybe we need to have a bake off. Battle of the Banana Breads!

• Options
    I could really go for some banana bread. Damnit now I'm hungry.

• Options
    Sier wrote: »
    joshofalltrades maybe we need to have a bake off. Battle of the Banana Breads!

I'm down for this.