Options

[PbP] [Triptycho] Alpha Playtest - Ruins of Gorgondale

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Sighing at the continued presence of the ghosts, Matthew hefts his axe and looks to disperse both of them.

Swinging Strike
    Action
    Use the Action entry for one of your equipped weapons against all entities in your occupied section. You cannot gain your Brute Force bonus for these attacks.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d8 for Matthew hit
    Geth roll 2#1d8 for Mournful Ghost misses

Matthew hit:
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]
    Mournful Ghost misses:
    2#1d8 2 # 3 [1d8=3] 7 [1d8=7]

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Matthew succeeds in banishing one of the ghosts with his raging swing. Gavin and Feldegast barely back out of the way in time.

@Grunt's Ghosts and @El Skid

jflk7oybhgt8.png

Turn Order
    * (9) Rolinken {H}
    * (5) Feldegast {G}
    (4) Gavin {G}
    (3) Mournful Ghost 2 {G}
    (1) Matthew {G}

Sections
    A - empty (dark)
    B - empty (dark)
    C - empty (searched, dark)
    D - empty (searched, dark)
    E - empty
    F - empty (searched, dark)
    G - Gavin, Matthew, Feldegast, Mournful Ghost 2
    H - Rolinken (dark)
    I - empty
    J - empty

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Rolinken moves into the next room, hoping that there is enough light to see something.

Strategy: Move to the room above H.

Holding Action until I see what's waiting.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Feldegast moves forward some more and tosses another rock at the ghost, hoping to hit it after it reforms from evading Matthew's swing.

I'm going to just go first- hope that's okay.

Draw Card
    Strategy: Move to J
    Action: Throw stone at ghost (d6 hit)

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Feldegast hit
    Geth roll 1d8 for Mournful Ghost miss

Feldegast hit:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Mournful Ghost miss:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

• Options
    Dammit ghost!

As a note, I've drawn another acid blood, so I've got a free ghost kill in hand if one ever hits me.

• Options
    Feldegast's attack was accurate, but the spirit refrains from rematerializing.

@Marshmallow

(I'll post an updated map later for you Rolinken; pretty sure the remainder of the round won't affect you either way)

Turn Order
    * (9) Rolinken {H}
    (5) Feldegast {J}
    * (4) Gavin {G}
    (3) Mournful Ghost 2 {G}
    (1) Matthew {G}

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Huh, looking at the Martial Engagement, I'm not sure its usable without a weapon in hand since Gavin technically doesn't have an "available melee attack". Juggling all these roles with only two hands is getting real interesting. Anyway, I guess I'll just move ahead and save a Strategy for later inventory management/maybe give Rolinken some light to work with.

Confident the others can handle a single ghost, Gavin pushes forward into the long, curiously empty room. "Rolinken! You nearby?" With any luck, the route the wayward rogue took will meet back up with their own.

Strategy: Move to I

• Options
    qd7okdeizpqs.png

Gavin, you enter what appears to have once been a dining area, though it's empty apart from a single long table. With the torch brought closer, you can clearly see an archway in the center of the room leading to an adjacent chamber that is instead full of furniture. Chairs, couches, small tables, shelving, it's all there, and all of it strewn about. It's difficult to pick your way through the labyrinthine mess. As with I, this room isn't really searchable.

Feldegast, you are plummeted into darkness as Gavin's torchlight withdraws from you.

Rolinken, you feel around a bit to get your bearings. There's a door to your north and another just around the corner of the hallway. It seems the hall continues further after the corner.

Matthew, you are left alone with a ghost. Predictably, it attacks you.

Mournful Ghost 2's Turn
    Action: Ghost Touch vs Matthew (1d4 hit)

Turn Order
    * (9) Rolinken {H}
    (5) Feldegast {J}
    (4) Gavin {I}
    * (3) Mournful Ghost 2 {G}
    (1) Matthew {G}

@Capfalcon @Grunt's Ghosts

Sections
    A - empty (dark)
    B - empty (dark)
    E - empty (dark)
    G - Matthew, Mournful Ghost 2
    H - Rolinken (dark)
    I - Gavin
    J - Feldegast (dark)
    L - empty

• Options
    Gavin waves the torch back and forth, inspecting the mess ahead. Why would someone pile up all the furniture in one room, some sort of poltergeist activity, maybe?

Looking once more at the almost totally barren room he's in, another conclusion presents itself: someone was systematically searching for something, removing items they'd looked over already one by one and then tossing them out of the way.

It seems to check out, given the lack of anything of interest or value in either room, though Gavin does find himself wondering if this was done before or after the place was infested with ghosts, since it must have taken a good amount of time to be so thorough.

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Matthew curses as a ghost gets the drop on him, and his vision fades as he feels the cold hand pass through his armor.

miss:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]
    hit:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    I don't have any more moves. You aren't waiting for me.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    It's actually top of the round, so you get a new turn :) Matthew is asleep and thus loses his turn (still get to draw a card / discard if needed). Also Feldegast can go too.

@Grunt's Ghosts @El Skid

Turn Order
    * (9) Rolinken {H}
    * (5) Feldegast {J}
    (4) Gavin {I}
    (3) Mournful Ghost 2 {G}
    (1) Matthew {G} [defenseless]

Fleur de Alys on
  • Options
    @The Sauce so what rooms are lit again?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    G, I, and L (range 1 centered in I)

Sections
    A - empty (dark)
    B - empty (dark)
    E - empty (dark)
    H - Rolinken (dark)
    I - Gavin
    J - Feldegast (dark)
    L - empty

Fleur de Alys on
  • Options
    Feeling around on the ground for a rock, Feldegast's fingers grasp one and he hurls it out of the darkness, hoping to catch the thing by surprise.

Draw a card
    Strategy: Draw a card
    Action: Throw Rock (1d6 hit returning)
    Discard down to 5 cards. Drawing Junk :(

• Options
    I'm in K. I moved from H to K. And now I'm moving from K to the room above it.

Rolinken moves farther into the darkness. No place to go but foward. But where was his group?

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Feldegast hit
    Geth roll 1d8 for Mournful Ghost miss

Thanks Grunt's Ghosts; I miss updating those locations far too frequently, it seems.

Feldegast hit:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Mournful Ghost miss:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Rolinken blind search (assuming you're doing that with your Action @Grunt's Ghosts )

Feldegast manages to banish another ghost; Matthew wakes from his very brief slumber. Meanwhile, Rolinken feels his way around a smallish room

Rolinken blind search (assuming you're doing that with your Action:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

• Options
    Rolinken stumbles over an awkwardly-placed chair as he begins his search. This isn't going to be especially easy.

@Marshmallow

Turn Order
    (9) Rolinken {M}
    (5) Feldegast {J}
    * (4) Gavin {I}
    (1) Matthew {G}

Sections
    A - empty (dark)
    B - empty (dark)
    E - empty (dark)
    H - empty (dark)
    I - Gavin
    J - Feldegast (dark)
    L - empty
    M - Rolinken (dark)

• Options
    With nothing of further interest to be found in these two central rooms, and no interest in getting any further from the allies who positions he knows for sure, Gavin ducks back out the doorway he came through and into the hall where Matthew currently resides.

"Nothing that way except some piled up furniture. Might be some more rooms to search further on but I'm more worried about finding Rolinken." he informs the other two. "We want to push through that mess or do you feel better about circling around where you're at?" he continues, addressing Feldegast.

Card Drawn/Discarded
    Move back to Section G

• Options
    @Capfalcon

Turn Order
    (9) Rolinken {M}
    (5) Feldegast {J}
    (4) Gavin {G}
    * (1) Matthew {G}

• Options
  • Options
    Matthew moves forward down the hall, muttering "Damn these ghosts are stubborn." Matthew then steps into the dark, yelling behind him, "Hey, get a move on!"

Strategy: move
    Action: charge into the unknown room to the right of J.

• Options
    You reach another T-junction in the hallway. There is a pair of double-doors on the north side; a quick test reveals that they're locked. Fumbling in the darkness, you're able to find a keyhole; a key, or an able lockpick, could get you through.

Of course, the doors are also quite old; your axe could probably do the job as well.

Door: 20hp
    Reaction: Defense 1d4 (resists piercing from non-elemental attacks)

Geth roll 1d6 for ghost spawning

7fgkqxo9u2st.png

ghost spawning:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    For once, you're not immediately assailed by additional ghosts.

Everyone can go whenever they wish this round.

@Grunt's Ghosts @El Skid @Marshmallow @Capfalcon

Turn Order
    * (9) Rolinken {M}
    * (5) Feldegast {J}
    * (4) Gavin {G}
    * (1) Matthew {N}

Sections
    A - empty (dark)
    B - empty (dark)
    E - empty
    G - Gavin
    H - empty (dark)
    I - empty
    J - Feldegast
    L - empty (dark)
    M - Rolinken (dark)
    N - Matthew (dark)

• Options
    "I'm movin', I'm movin'," Gavin protests, following Matthew up the hallway at a rather more sedate pace.

Shift up to Section J
    Sections G, J, N are lit (I think)

• Options
    "I'm movin', I'm movin'," Gavin protests, following Matthew up the hallway at a rather more sedate pace.

Shift up to Section J
    Sections G, J, N are lit (I think)
    Correct. This also reveals what's north of J, which I won't bother drawing because it's another room like M. We'll call it O, and it's now lit as well.

• Options
    Seeing the light behind him, Rolinken turns out of his room and into the light. "There you guys are. So, this side is pretty clear. You got anything?"

Moving into K.

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Feldegast gives a lopsided grin, happy to be back in the light again. Squinting at the doors ahead, he replies. "No ghosts, at least. Would any of you fine lads be havin' some lockpicks on yer person?"

Feldegast stays put to collect his thoughts.

I took a full turn including drawing- if that's not koshur let me know and I'll draw em next turn

El Skid on
  • Options
    You always get to draw at the start of your turn, but if you spend your Strategy phase to draw, you can't also move unless you have an Action card that lets you move (such as Shift).

• Options
    Ah okay. Since I did draw, I'll amend my post.

• Options
  • Options
    Don't have Internet at my place, so phone postin'. I think N is unsearched, so I'll do that.

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for ghost spawning

Matthew, the hallway is mostly empty. You see some areas in the walls where something once was affixed, such as sconces or tapestries, but the stone is bare today.

Giving the double doors a good look, you find a weak spot in the material. Your first attack against the door will negate its Defense.

ghost spawning:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Mournful Ghost initiative
    Geth roll 1d4 for ghost spawn location

Mournful Ghost initiative:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    ghost spawn location:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

• Options
    Matthew's searching is cut short by the appearance of another spirit.

@Grunt's Ghosts

Turn Order
    * (9) Rolinken {K}
    (5) Feldegast {J}
    (4) Gavin {J}
    (2) Mournful Ghost {N}
    (1) Matthew {N}

Sections
    A - empty (dark)
    B - empty (dark)
    E - empty (dark)
    G - empty
    H - empty (dark)
    I - empty (dark)
    J - Feldegast, Gavin
    K - Rolinken (dark)
    L - empty (dark)
    M - empty (dark)
    N - Matthew, Mournful Ghost