As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Thread: Darkrai codes May 1-24th through Gamestop

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Is it too late to obtain the ORAS demo?

Through the trainer club, yes.

I posted a list of other ways you can get it on the previous page. The NNID one might still be available. If not, picking up Puzzle league or the Game Boy TCG game off of the eshop is probably your best bet. Luckily both of those games are pretty great.

The demo is VERY bare bones though, so if you're not interested in Mega Glalie you're not missing much.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Wait the demo is a limited release thing and wont just be available to everybody? or is this like the smash demo and people are just going crazy trying not to wait a week to play the demo at the same time as everybody else

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Wait the demo is a limited release thing and wont just be available to everybody? or is this like the smash demo and people are just going crazy trying not to wait a week to play the demo at the same time as everybody else

Nope, you have to get a code for it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    God damn, an actual in game reward tied to a limited release demo? That is amazing

if gamefreak would please stop doing limited event things for pokemon i would be over the moon

It is not 1996 nobody has to join their stupid link cables together just put that shit on a server

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    God damn, an actual in game reward tied to a limited release demo? That is amazing

if gamefreak would please stop doing limited event things for pokemon i would be over the moon

It is not 1996 nobody has to join their stupid link cables together just put that shit on a server

IIRC, they said they are doing the codes to get around the hard-cap of 30 startups on 3DS demos from the eshop.

Which is dumb in an even more special way.

I have to assume they wouldn't be dumb enough to limit Glalie and Steelix's mega stones to just the demo. Especially considering Mega Steelix is only available in Japan.

On the other hand, if you missed the Torchic event when X and Y came out you couldn't get Blaziken's mega stone so...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Reminder that you can pick up Diancie codes from Gamestop/EB Games in the US and Canada today!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Finally got my demo code. Downloading now.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [
    turtleant wrote: »

IIRC, they said they are doing the codes to get around the hard-cap of 30 startups on 3DS demos from the eshop.

I have to assume they wouldn't be dumb enough to limit Glalie and Steelix's mega stones to just the demo. Especially considering Mega Steelix is only available in Japan.

On the other hand, if you missed the Torchic event when X and Y came out you couldn't get Blaziken's mega stone so...

Well thats moot now.

I think its more ridiculous that theyre giving out mega stones for event pokemon that historiclly they never rerelease

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Did everyone get another e-mail with an ORAS demo code? I did for some reason, so here you go:
    A061P79S1DHRSF8U

signature.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Did everyone get another e-mail with an ORAS demo code? I did for some reason, so here you go:
    A061P79S1DHRSF8U

Thank you!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Reminder that you can pick up Diancie codes from Gamestop/EB Games in the US and Canada today!

Oh dang I should go do that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    [
    turtleant wrote: »

Well thats moot now.

I think its more ridiculous that theyre giving out mega stones for event pokemon that historiclly they never rerelease

Right, it doesn't matter once November 21st roles around, but that was still a long time that latecomers couldn't get that stone.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Just to note, it seems like Australia gets Diancie codes in ~ a week

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Got a demo code, Mega Sceptile is super-rad

• Options
    I finished the gen 6 national dex wooo

and the living non-event pokedex woooo

that level 100 pokerus aromatisse i got for a tympole was probably not legit but who even caaarreeess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Congrats

• Options
    Yes, there's a definite point people reach where one goes "Eeeeh, legit enough, I'll replace it if needed later."

Or at least I hit that point. Looking forward to ORAS' promises about access to legendaries, though

signature.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I totally traded a kyurem for a milotic or something dumb because I had an extra after raiding my gen 5 games and somehow that was easier than just finding my friend code and doing a trade/trade-back with somebody here

I think I got xerneas for a raikou, but somehow a seemingly legit slurpuff for a rhydon???

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I bought a used Pokemon White so I could transfer stuff from my old Pearl game and the previous owners left a whole bunch of things including a Victini that was legit enough for Pokemon Bank

So, you know, it's legit enough for me

(Unfortunately not one of the Deoxyses could go through)

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a Munchlax with Self-Destruct (which you can only get from an event route on the Pokewalker)

Anyone wanna hook me up?

I have Diancie, Celebi, Lugia, Event Palkia, Diagla, and Giratina, and an Omega Ruby/Sapphire demo code I'd be willing to trade.

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Wait does the pokemon bank actually try to screen out hacked monsters? That's something I never thought they would ever bother trying to do, ever.

A few questions for the pokeknowledgeable:
    -Does it seem like they're going to do a 3rd X+Y version or does it seem like they're not going to do that anymore?
    -Do X+Y have the season thing from B+W? That sounds awesome.
    -Given that the idea of "Pokemon region based loosely on the geography and culture of France" makes me grimace and the idea of "Pokemon region based loosely on the culture of America and the geography of New York" makes me feel warm and fuzzy, and given that I have about enough desire to play one of these games once every 3 years or so, should I try X/Y, or Black/White, or Black/White 2?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Wait does the pokemon bank actually try to screen out hacked monsters? That's something I never thought they would ever bother trying to do, ever.

A few questions for the pokeknowledgeable:
    -Does it seem like they're going to do a 3rd X+Y version or does it seem like they're not going to do that anymore?
    -Do X+Y have the season thing from B+W? That sounds awesome.
    -Given that the idea of "Pokemon region based loosely on the geography and culture of France" makes me grimace and the idea of "Pokemon region based loosely on the culture of America and the geography of New York" makes me feel warm and fuzzy, and given that I have about enough desire to play one of these games once every 3 years or so, should I try X/Y, or Black/White, or Black/White 2?

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are out this month, get the cool new thing.

• Options
    yo, fuck gen 3

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    A third version of XY is likely, considering Zygarde fills the role of 'legendary that's just kinda there' and they do some other foreshadowing.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    yo, fuck gen 3

THANK YOU

• Options
    if there's a good chance they're planning on a hyper turbo championship GOTY version of XY that just cements my decision to get one of the gen 5 games, so I need advices about how much better BW2 is than BW despite the markedly inferior protagonist designs

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Torkoal can get it, though. Torkoal is the shit.

324Torkoal.png

• Options
    don't hate the pokemon, hate the game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    if there's a good chance they're planning on a hyper turbo championship GOTY version of XY that just cements my decision to get one of the gen 5 games, so I need advices about how much better BW2 is than BW despite the markedly inferior protagonist designs

Okay so PERSONALLY I really disliked black and white but for not entirely justifiable, nebulous reasons

I will say though, black/white and the sequels were really big on the story, and bw2 pick up directly from the firsts so I'd say get them in order just for that reason

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Gen three has arguably some of my favourite pokemon.

but Fuck Gen 3.

• Options
    All of these people in this thread with their correct opinions

• Options
    BW and BW2's story isn't super great, but man do I appreciate them trying.

Especially since it led to X and Y's story, which I rather liked. It felt like the plot from one of the movies, in a good way. It sucks that the version legendaries were basically non-entities, but we got an actually pretty good villain so I'll take it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Do we know if the battle frontier is in oras

This is Very Important

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Do we know if the battle frontier is in oras

This is Very Important

Emerald had an island themed Battle Frontier, so I would guess it would be an update of that.

800px-Battle_Frontier_E.png

It had a giant Seviper, so they were doing something right.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I, uh

Yes, I know emerald had a battle frontier, that's why I was asking

The battle factory was my jam

• Options
    I will say though, black/white and the sequels were really big on the story, and bw2 pick up directly from the firsts so I'd say get them in order just for that reason
    Hmm, duly noted. As long as I'm picking up a gen 5 game I guess that means I can salvage my bred and competitively trained guys from platinum too.

Which means it's time to welcome back...

The special attack Charizard with the white herb solarbeam trump card! Bahamut!
    The far less successful physical Charizard built around dragon dance and flare blitz that kills itself a lot! Tiamat!
    The focus sash swords dance Weavile point girl! Zetsuei!
    The kangaskhan who punches ghosts! Iforgotyournickname!
    The really, truly, completely awful Probopass that I couldn't figure out how to make work at all! Gouletbot!
    The rapid spinning Donphan with a frosty treat for the dragons! Enkidu!
    The MVP and heavyweight champion Poliwrath! Iforgotyournicknametoo!
    ... and the rest of them that I forgot!

The poliwrath, special attack charizard, weavile and donphan really carried me through the Wii stadium game and the so-so level of battle tower stuff that I managed in platinum. Good times.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BW had some genuinely nice story moments, although BW2 started the trend (I hope) of actually stuffing areas with more than two Pokemon per route, so you had some diversity. And BW2 had the World Tournament, for nostalgia's sake.

• Options
    thinking back, that poliwrath was definitely my most successful monster. Waterfall, Focus Punch, Substitute, Hypnosis. Leftovers because what better to put on a tanky substitute user. What the heck was his name...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I really liked that BW only had all the new Pokemon on your way to the league, with none of the old generation stuff until later.

It made it so that nearly every encounter was something new.

Also got me to try things I probably would have ignored if old favourites had been around to draw my attention.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    BW2 had the best new pokemon feature, that for god knows why they abandoned in XY (no idea if ORAS is bringing it back), the Habitat list pokedex. It listed all the zones and showed what pokemon are in each area and with icons if you had seen/caught them and had icons for when you had seen/caught every pokemon in a zone. It cut down my bulbapedia visits by a huge percentage.

All it needed was to get some filters for rustling/splashing/dust clouds and so forth and it would be perfect.

-SPI- on
This discussion has been closed.