Options

Pokemon Thread: Darkrai codes May 1-24th through Gamestop

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    That makes no sense, aside that it is so dumb. So Slowbro.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    trying out little cup

trubbish is a fucking monster, my god

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-153140487

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm glad it's smiling while it's idle.

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    @BugBoy‌ for reals I just started over in X and I caught a shiny Caterpie!

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    oh, congrats!

caterpie is a lovely shiny

• Options
    The new pokemon world champion used quite the unexpected pokemon on his team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxwgjLU65MQ

• Options
    pachirisu is the most disruptive piece of shit

i use it in ou

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i don't think i've ever had someone use super fang on me and not thought "that can get fucked"

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Amid a flood of Mega-Kangaskhans and Garchomps I'm really glad the winner had something original. My favorite battle of the tournament was one of the qualifying matches where one guy had a scrappy little Rotom-Fan (but not, you know, Scrappy). He ultimately lost but it was one of the more exciting and entertaining matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqHC4aPZ9Qs

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »

hwVPIJ2.png

• Options
    CNX3mp1.jpg

• Options
    SedraxisSedraxis Kooloo LimpahRegistered User regular
    And now that episode makes even more sense.

Mirrodinlandscape.jpg
    3DS: 0232-8293-7683
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    miZlroc.png

This rules.

This rules so hard.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but right now you can get a free pinsir/heracross (whichever your game doesn't have) via mystery gift. You can also grab their respective mega stones with a code from GameStop.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Beasteh wrote: »

hwVPIJ2.png

hahaha jesus fucking christ

Anyway, is there any method to import pokes from gen 4 games to X/Y?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

hwVPIJ2.png

hahaha jesus fucking christ

Anyway, is there any method to import pokes from gen 4 games to X/Y?

Yeah, go through the fuck awful thing that transfers pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5, then use the bank to transfer them from 5 to the bank

otherwise no

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    what is this fuck awful 4-5 thing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    this bullshit

YPoXpBA.png

edit 6 pokemon at a time, have to play a mini game each time and it is technically possible to fail the game (but highly unlikely, so it is just annoying not challenging)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    wait is the bank the thing you have to pay a subscription for? forget that.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    5 bucks for a year is a pretty good deal for how incredibly useful it is

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    how useful is it, exactly? it's just a large amount of off-system pokemon storage, right? I've never run out of storage space on my cartridges.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    besides being the only way to transfer from gen 5 to gen 6 it lets you do so incredibly quickly

You won't need the storage space but being able to transfer the entire contents of your gen 5 PC to the bank takes less than 5 minutes once you have everything set up, and then for the entire rest of the year you can move stuff into gen 6 at your leisure

it is what transferring should have always been, and is worth 5 bucks one time (because you'll never need it for longer than a year)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    It's nice finally having them all in one place. I've had to transfer from 3-4, then repeat all the way up to get everything on my copy of X and complete my pokedex.

Thankfully its become less of a pain in the ass. Because, holy shit the old ways are terrible.

• Options
    Oh, ok yeah I can see how if I had painstakingly collected all 450 monsters in gen 4 then I would appreciate the service. But I have never had enough attention span or energy to finish a single generation's pokedex, let alone go to events in the GBA era or stay on top of events in the DS era. So I don't have anything more than a handful of bred and EV trained monsters I care about keeping.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    It's presumably going to be really convenient for bringing things from x/y over to the two remakes coming out next month.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Do pokemon have lifespans? I wonder if the pokemon videogame folks have ever thought about pokemon aging via number of battles?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    @SilverWind has a living Pokedex current as of, like, today

We're locked into the Pokemon Bank for life and it is worth every penny in perpetuity

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Someone is going to make Slowbro sleeping bags and a lot of money, until nintendo notices it and squashes it.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    SilverWind has a living Pokedex current as of, like, today

We're locked into the Pokemon Bank for life and it is worth every penny in perpetuity

My living dex is up to 655, I want to try and get everything but the event ones finished before the the g3 remakes come out so I never have to worry about completing a pokedex ever again except for brand new pokemon in gen 7+

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Do pokemon have lifespans? I wonder if the pokemon videogame folks have ever thought about pokemon aging via number of battles?

Pokemon do die in canon but Gamefreak made a concious descision to not let pokemon die in games because thats not in keeping with the themes if the series

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SedraxisSedraxis Kooloo LimpahRegistered User regular
    Nah they're immortal and when you breed for the perfect Pokemon, you are upping the world population quite a bit.
    Now think of everyone else's breeding programs.
    Soon the world will become a depleted wasteland since the growing population will eat up resources faster than they can be replenished.
    Just kidding, they'll all get tossed into a computer upon hatching and never see the light of day.

Mirrodinlandscape.jpg
    3DS: 0232-8293-7683
  • Options
    solid rock shell smash tirtouga is become death, destroyer of teams

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-154560854

• Options
    edited August 2014
    wait is the bank the thing you have to pay a subscription for? forget that.

I was gonna offer to do the generation transfer for you but then I remembered that the old Nintendo WiFi Connection service was shut down so trading in Gen IV or V won't work anymore... Has anyone found a way around that yet?

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Would going from Y into the prior gen's games be too much of a leap, or should i just wait till they remake it and just follow the games coming out in November?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It might be a little tough, the older games are missing quite a lot of stuff from X/Y (i.e. 3D models, fairy type, steel nerfs and a whole bunch of streamlining stuff which it's hard to turn back on)

Buuut that said the games are still good, and ultimately the base experience is the same. So if you can overlook those missing features they're certainly worth a look into. The best of the old games which are easily playable are probably Black/White and their sequels plus Heart Gold/Soul Silver, although you can perhaps skip HG/SS if you have no particular affection for the original gold and silver.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    How far back were you thinking of going? I think Gen III in particular would be frustrating because it's got the framework of the current gameplay but is missing a lot of the fine-tuning. Also the Pokemon availability and move distribution is pretty bad. Fortunately the remakes are out in a few months so you could totally skip the originals. Gens IV and V are close enough to X and Y, gameplay-wise, that I don't think it'd be much of an adjustment. They're also unlikely to be remade anytime soon. Gens I and II are a pretty different experience overall and, although I think Gold/Silver (Gen II) holds up really well, I don't think Red/Blue/Yellow would be a lot of fun to anyone who didn't grow up with it. I love 'em but man are they rough around the edges.

If you want recommendations for older games, HeartGold/SoulSilver (the Gen IV remakes of Gold/Silver) are probably the best game in the series and I highly recommend playing them. Black/White or Black/White2 are also solid (I prefer BW2 but I know a lot of people liked the first ones better).

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So I rented X. Two things.

1. How important is grinding levels? I'm not gonna min/max because rental.
    2. Why the FUCK does it not save to the internal memory instead of the physical cart?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    So I rented X. Two things.

1. How important is grinding levels? I'm not gonna min/max because rental.
    2. Why the FUCK does it not save to the internal memory instead of the physical cart?

1) It's like the least grindiest game because of the EXP Share you get early on
    2) So renting is impractical

• Options
    Alternative, less cynical 2) so that your save goes with your game and not the device you first played it on. If you upgrade/replace/borrow someone else's 3DS, you don't have to worry about transferring your save. It's always connected to the same piece of hardware the game itself is on.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.