As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Evil Dead franchise: Evil Dead Rise in April

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Is this the interview? I happened to watch it yesterday when it popped up as a suggestion after something else I watched. The bit about directors starts at about 1:12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lIImIAqf90

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    That's the one.

This isn't THAT uncommon as far as shows go.

Speaking of directors, remember Michael Hurst (Iolaus) from Hercules?
    Michael-Hurst-image-michael-hurst-36809531-201-250.jpg

He directed the Diner and Militia episodes! :D

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Raimi and Co seem to keep up with people they like. Gotta respect that sort of loyalty.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    If Sam Raimi doesn't somehow manage to get Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless on the screen at the same time I'm going to be very disappointed.

If Sorbo was willing to get eaten by zombies on Key & Peele, than damn it, he'll do it again for Evil Dead.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I did not like that ending at all, but I'll be damned if that didn't pretty much stay true to character for Ash.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    All I can say is good goddamn is Lucy Lawless still smoking hot.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they change the formula up a little next season. By the last few episodes things were pretty predictable. Crew shows up, they get some information or something, deadite force shows up and the crew has to kill everyone. Not that this is a bad formula or that it wasn't entertaining, just by the end of the season I'd be watching and thinking 'and now's about the time that someone gets possessed' and yep, it'd be chainsawing time.

Mixing it up would be a good thing.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I'm hoping they change the formula up a little next season. By the last few episodes things were pretty predictable. Crew shows up, they get some information or something, deadite force shows up and the crew has to kill everyone. Not that this is a bad formula or that it wasn't entertaining, just by the end of the season I'd be watching and thinking 'and now's about the time that someone gets possessed' and yep, it'd be chainsawing time.

Mixing it up would be a good thing.

Well with hell being apparently unleashed on earth now, I think it will introduce some diversity.

I mean, deadites are the laughing stock of hell, and that one demon they struggled with for several episodes was the whimpy nerd kid of demons. Actual hell being unleashed should have our heroes hopelessly out of their league.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Season 2 teaser (NSFW, unless your work is okay with large quantities of blood and gore):

https://youtu.be/hsf6ZAnPpUE

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Stolen for the OP.

• Options
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

holy crap the car tire

i was not prepared for that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Did I see a Raimi?

• Options
    Yup. Ted Raimi has recurring role this season.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Goddamn is this going to be amazing again?

It looks like it's going to be amazing again.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yay! Ted Raimi!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Please tell me it's longer than 10 this season. 10 was not enough. MOAR!

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Never thought about it, but god damn Motorhead is the perfect band for a trailer for this show.

Loved it. Can't wait for Season 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Never thought about it, but god damn Motorhead is the perfect band for a trailer for this show.

Loved it. Can't wait for Season 2.

yeah, the show could do with some more NWOBHM.

Man, what if Eddie is a deadite god...

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    I don't know how you guys felt about the first season but I got my fingers crossed that this season is a little more consistent quality wise.

If they can emulate the best of season 1 consistently then this season could be incredible.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Show is back.

Ashy Slashy!

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I don't know how you guys felt about the first season but I got my fingers crossed that this season is a little more consistent quality wise.

If they can emulate the best of season 1 consistently then this season could be incredible.

Anything not involving the cop was consistent, I don't know what the hell was happening there.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    https://www.starz.com/video/b4957a86be3b46eab874cbe0e63ff93e

because time is silly and Ash chainsaws through it.

(new episode is already up. i'm guessing maybe it leaked. i'm thinking hey i'm watching it all legal)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "This is Ashy Slashly, he went crazy and chopped up his friends"
    "That's not true. I knew exactly what I was doing when I chopped up my friends"

I'm glad they're kind of addressing the aftermath of the films, I always wondered how he wasn't in prison or something.

I could not for the life of me make out the Deadite Ashy Slashy rhyme though.

• Options
    I love how Ash spontaneously channels the spirits of the three stooges. That pipe gag was spot on.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    I love how Ash spontaneously channels the spirits of the three stooges. That pipe gag was spot on.

I had a hearty chuckle when Ash's 'gearing up with weapons' montage ended with a dab of cologne. This shows hasn't lost a step since last season.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Ash is right, Ruby is fabulously attractive. It's hard to know if you're doing things for the right reason, or if you just want to have sex with her.

It's funny; I was never very attracted to Lucy Lawless back in the Xena days (I was more about Gabrielle), but ever since Spartacus, I've been "daaaang" every time I see her. Maybe my taste has just gotten better.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Glad this is back. Was a lot of fun and good to see they still buy fake blood by the tanker truck. Loved the Six Million Dollar Man joke with Ash and his dad. I think the pacing was better in this episode than it was in some of the episodes last season. I hope they're able to keep that up. How cool and creepy were the "kids"? That is some really good FX work.

Dracomicron, I don't know what to tell you man. I've always had a thing for Lucy Lawless. Probably my first celebrity crush.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    I was all about Xena AND Gabrielle, but Lucy Lawless, as Bolthorn says, was always flawlessly beautiful. And like 20 years later, she's somehow hotter.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I just watched season 1. It is very good.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Ash is right, Ruby is fabulously attractive. It's hard to know if you're doing things for the right reason, or if you just want to have sex with her.

It's funny; I was never very attracted to Lucy Lawless back in the Xena days (I was more about Gabrielle), but ever since Spartacus, I've been "daaaang" every time I see her. Maybe my taste has just gotten better.

I wouldn't say "better," since Renee O'Connor isn't exactly an unworthy celebrity crush. It's just changed, is all.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Renee either.

(Probably classed as NSFW)
    Especially here, and NSFW HERE

And as far as I can tell, she's aged pretty much as well as Lawless. Must be something in the New Zealand water.

Screen-Shot-2014-01-14-at-14.44.50.png

• Options
    Something seemed off with the direction this episode, but still a good ep, and Ash is now the biggest asshole on tv ever.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Oh my lord, that morgue scene was fantastically disgusting.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I just watched season 1. It is very good.
    In fact, I would say that ep 1 of season 2 is the weakest episode so far of the series. It's the one that felt the most like your average normal tv show. And while those mud people are creepy, they don't have that deadite charm
    (although the mud child on boom stick last season was GREAT) Shame there wasn't anything on par with that this episode.
    Haven't seen ep 2 yet, so I expect it'll get better.

• Options
    Can we please have the thread title changed to "I'm In The Butt"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And with ep 2 the show is back to being totally amazing. I did not expect it to go like that.
    I was honestly expecting a ReAnimator reference with loads of morgue undead.

Intestine on boom stick was a little bit of a repeat of mud child on boom stick, but I'm not complaining.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    And with ep 2 the show is back to being totally amazing. I did not expect it to go like that.
    I was honestly expecting a ReAnimator reference with loads of morgue undead.

Intestine on boom stick was a little bit of a repeat of mud child on boom stick, but I'm not complaining.

They could do X on Boom Stick every episode and I wouldn't complain one bit. Which would be especially great when Ash uses it as the finishing move then starts to walk away just for the thing he kills to stand up and attack.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed that Brock didn't call Ash's hand "bionic".

kyrcl.png