As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solium Infernum - Epic play by email Hex 'em up, from Hell! Game over.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    That was my experience with it.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    You have to choose whether or not to declare vendetta immediately.

Having finally had a look at that turn, all I can really say is that it went better than expected.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    New turn is out, and it's voting time!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Horseman actually more neutered whilst in good standing with the conclave but with no PoP and no Prestige? If excommunicated he can start attacking people as he fancies, but currently he's pretty much unable to initiate anything with no prestige to stake and no way of gaining prestige.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    He can gain prestige if he buys an artifact and puts it in his hq.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    New turn is out, and it's voting time!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Horseman actually more neutered whilst in good standing with the conclave but with no PoP and no Prestige? If excommunicated he can start attacking people as he fancies, but currently he's pretty much unable to initiate anything with no prestige to stake and no way of gaining prestige.

He can indiscriminantly attack, or he can get steamrolled by the rest of us. Hard luck having that event land on him.

• Options
    Yeah, I don't really care all that much about him getting to attack willynilly, but I don't want someone hanging around using deception rituals for the rest of the game just to fuck with me.

Especially since there's nothing I can meaningfully do to deter it.

• Options
    You're right. When fate offers the opportunity to cut your rivals down by one, it would seem imprudent not to take it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Still waiting on @kaorti‌ I believe.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay. It's PAX-related. I'll be able to take my turn tonight.

• Options
    After a brief hiccup with the wrong files, we're on to turn 21.

So very much happens! A shopping frenzy. Horseman is popular. The conclave makes crazy demands.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Ugh. What kind of crazy demands this time?

• Options
    It's that durn Heavenly Realm. The conclave really wants to punch their angel faces, but really lacks the troops to do so. So the call for a draft has gone out.

• Options
    Also I feel that we maybe aren't doing a good enough job transcribing what happens in game here.

• Options
    Jam warrior. You've been very clever. This could be a very awkward position you've put me in. How much prep did it take to coordinate aiming that many events at me simultaneously? Just in time for your vendetta too.

For anyone watching, I've recently demonstrated my ability, given favorable rolls, to nuke a moderately tough legion right off the map. Jam warrior has arranged to attack me with a heavily buffed legion. At the same time, he manipulated the infernal conclave into investigating me for treachery, banning me from performing magic rituals. Someone else, probably in cahoots with Jam Warrior called a crusade against heaven.

That means I can't just blow up his legion. I could fight with my own legion, but then I'd lose points for not sending it on the crusade. It's a neat trick, and nasty. It's also clearly the work of a coalition of several players. I've got a pretty good idea who.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't really care all that much about him getting to attack willynilly, but I don't want someone hanging around using deception rituals for the rest of the game just to fuck with me.

Especially since there's nothing I can meaningfully do to deter it.

Says the player whose public objective is literally "steal things from other people."

Edit: whose, not who's.

kaorti on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »
    Jam warrior. You've been very clever. This could be a very awkward position you've put me in. How much prep did it take to coordinate aiming that many events at me simultaneously? Just in time for your vendetta too.

For anyone watching, I've recently demonstrated my ability, given favorable rolls, to nuke a moderately tough legion right off the map. Jam warrior has arranged to attack me with a heavily buffed legion. At the same time, he manipulated the infernal conclave into investigating me for treachery, banning me from performing magic rituals. Someone else, probably in cahoots with Jam Warrior called a crusade against heaven.

That means I can't just blow up his legion. I could fight with my own legion, but then I'd lose points for not sending it on the crusade. It's a neat trick, and nasty. It's also clearly the work of a coalition of several players. I've got a pretty good idea who.

Says the guy who was until recently a heavy favorite to win this running away.

• Options
    Is any of my post inaccurate? I'm trying to keep any onlookers informed, so corrections are welcome.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I can't lie, things have fallen very nicely for me, but you vastly over estimate my ability to scheme!

For example note that I had already issued my demand to you before your mega lightning powers were revealed, and that I also have but one legion.

Apart from my one ace which is now played, is there any other defence from smiting rituals other than hoping Kaorti rolls badly?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I'd figured that you were prepared to take the prestige hit in order to take my place of power.

Is the targeted no-rituals event expensive? It seems like a petty big deal.

• Options
    5 of everything but flames I think.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also prior warning, I'm on holiday from Friday for a week. I'll take my laptop with Solium installed in case I find any free wi-fi spots, but we may end up on a short break.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    Uggh. I was over-ambitious with my participation in the game; since I failed to check my schedule it advance to notice how little time I'd have for the awesome forum needling and scheming I had been looking forward to. That being said it is perhaps appropriate that my build and my start turned out to be ill-suited for the game. With little to do besides demand tribute and fly around, that limits the amount there is to talk/scheme about!

• Options
    No worries. You're still getting your turns in fine. After all we're waiting on @kaorti not you right now!

Tried firing up the old laptop. Multiple blue screens of death later I gave up. It is a decade old at this point the poor thing. So after Friday we're definitely on a week's break.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    No worries. You're still getting your turns in fine. After all we're waiting on @kaorti not you right now!

Tried firing up the old laptop. Multiple blue screens of death later I gave up. It is a decade old at this point the poor thing. So after Friday we're definitely on a week's break.

I sent in my turn last night?

• Options
    @kaorti Turn 21? Not to me you didn't! Checked junk and deleted, no sign of it. Best send again I guess.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I'll have it in by 6pm PST

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Given that that's 2am over here, the turn processing might be a little after that. No worries. Just adds to the tension!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Ok, my turn is in for real now. I'm sorry about the delay.

• Options
    Turn is out.

Curse you kaorti!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    "Point of procedure, honored conclave.
    The declarations of vendetta sent to me have not been filled out in triplicate, nor have the proper sacrifices been made. Further, the proper time for submission has long expired. I move that they be struck from the record with prejudice."

"Motion granted marquis."

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I imagine Farangu is not best pleased either as he was poised to stomp over Auraland to his forever just out of reach mushroom.

I didn't do the usual map update at turn 20 as I thought our borders were about to change and waiting a turn would better reflect things.

I am Jack's doomed hubris.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I imagine Farangu is not best pleased either as he was poised to stomp over Auraland to his forever just out of reach mushroom.

I didn't do the usual map update at turn 20 as I thought our borders were about to change and waiting a turn would better reflect things.

Yep. High-five for Kaorti, right there. Quattror thanks you from his Cushion of Superb Indolence.

E: Also, whoever keeps trying to loot my vaults, I would've thought you learned the first time.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    What?

*Checks turn log*

CURSES!

Also, Horseman. Trying to steal from me was a bad decision.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    This thread is so amazing, as I do love this game.

A write up for the first 20 turns would be most interesting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The smart thing for any one of us would have been to keep a turn-by-turn log of what changed, as to be able to remember it for a write up. Unfortunately, I did not do such a thing.

I can try to gather my recollections of what occurred and do a write-up, but if anyone actually did keep a changelog, they can feel free to write up as well.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm keeping a turn by turn diary, mostly to remind myself what decisions I have made on strategy from day to day! I'll put it up at the end in case anybody wants to read my rambling thoughts, but for the moment it would be too spoilerific.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, gonna have to wait a bit more.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Yep. High-five for Kaorti, right there. Quattror thanks you from his Cushion of Superb Indolence.

E: Also, whoever keeps trying to loot my vaults, I would've thought you learned the first time.

Don't blame me, blame jam warrior. I would have loved not to cancel allthe diplomacy, but I had very few options left.

• Options
    All in bar @Auralynx‌

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    New turn is out. Can we get one more round in before I'm off in the morning? It's not like the total shutting of diplomacy gives us a vast amount of things to do.

MhCw7nZ.gif