As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Heart of Thorns - first expansion announced! Release date betting pool started!

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the QL change. It was unique but I don't think it was because they wanted to make it less unique. Honestly I think they just fucked up mesmer blink for the 30th time and this was a longer lasting solution.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I think they probably fixed it finally because you can clear siege across like 90% of the fort from outside.

It's still pretty bad, but nowhere near as awful as it used to be.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    excellent i think i've corrupted bendery to witchcraft this halloween

I would have run with you sooner had I known you did organized groups. I'm normally just the pubbie in "pubbie magic"

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    iMZh6xN7kjUyv.jpg

I am now the proud owner of Mini Zuzu, Cat of DAAAAAAAAAAARKNESS

(this is my necro, Soundless Legion)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    wohoo server transfer fund is at 599 g

we can afford to transfer almost 2 OCX people into FA!!

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

How much is it to transfer to FA now, I did it in the first year when I moved from Isle of Janthir, ended up just buying gems to do it.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNv1RewUGs

Ladies & gentlemen, start thy hype engines.

Or complain. You can complain too.

(I haven't actually gotten to watch it yet b/c I'm at work. I have seen screenshots tho.)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/echoes-of-the-past-begins-november-4/
    To quote some dudes from Reddit:

BY OGDEN'S HAMMER, WHAT TRAILER!

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Looks like we may go back to Droknar's Forge or somewhere in Deldrimor? Also, the crystal cave trial place from the ascension quest in Prophecies and a really pretty library with an Abbadon statue? I like that we're at least seeing Charr forward camps in Dry Top now.

• Options
    Looks like we may go back to Droknar's Forge or somewhere in Deldrimor? Also, the crystal cave trial place from the ascension quest in Prophecies and a really pretty library with an Abbadon statue? I like that we're at least seeing Charr forward camps in Dry Top now.
    I think both the area you're thinking of as the Forge and the library are in the same place: I think they're actually in the Durmand Priory.

That crystal cave is ABSOLUTELY Glint's cave.

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    I think both the area you're thinking of as the Forge and the library are in the same place: I think they're actually in the Durmand Priory.

That crystal cave is ABSOLUTELY Glint's cave.
    I recognize the bridge in that frame, it is the priory

Also, some interesting bits of information, the diagram on the roof of the library is the same as the vision you received when entering Scarlet's Machine, it also has a label in New Krytan for each of the orbs. Each label is the first letter of that dragon's name, therefore we now know that Bubble's true name begins with an S and Zhaitan's orb was the one that collided with Tyria (the central orb) in the vision.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    It's made from the same crystals as Glint's cave, but might not be the same one. I think the instance defending Glint's child had similar structure, and that's still very much my bet for a big revelation.

Happy to see confirmation of my theory on the orbs was correct (Zhaitan dying = orb smashing).

Bubbles getting a hint at a name is cool.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So, the next CDI has begun. The topic? (Guild) Raids

I've already put my suggestion, which was basically "Bring back the Underworld/FoW"

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    So, the next CDI has begun. The topic? (Guild) Raids

I've already put my suggestion, which was basically "Bring back the Underworld/FoW"

Wow. Five pages of comments. I will need to read this over at lunch. Can only slack so much at work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    I added my proposal to the Guild Raid CDI here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Guilds-Raiding/page/6#post4525057

Go add your own thoughts! Now is when they are listening. :)

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    There are many varied ideas in there. Some good, some not so good. I'd love to see some kind of challenging large group content. I do wish that they would make the bosses bigger/easier to see, or have an option to lower the graphical fireworks on them. Can barely see the dudes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    This thread made my day, so I thought I would share it:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/my-account-perm-block-for-using-battleping

Bearbow math cannot be beaten.

Spoiler for GW2.com work impaired but somehow can read penny-arcade.

Empathy.8360 wrote:

i guess it’s not fair to permanently block my account using a program which reduce lag, which i really don’t know that it’s illegal because it’s not botting and other stuff and now i appealed about it and they won’t help me recover my account, my point is, why would i use that if in the first place i know that its bannable, its not like botting or whatever, its just to reduce lag for me to able to enjoy the game. please help me.

Empathy.8360 wrote:

they said i was using 3rd party program, as i remember i was just using battleping and doing dungeon then i dc’d then when i tried logging in back it says my account is blocked. it’s very unfair. i was just using that program just to make the game playable for me, thats the reason of that program and now im blocked because i just want to avoid lag and to enjoy the game? that’s unacceptable.

Anet Chris Cleary wrote:

Hey Empathy! Thanks for getting my attention via the forums!
    Actually, your account was never suppose to have been unbanned. Looks like this was a slipup that I’ll rectify right now. Your main account and 8 other accounts have been banned/rebanned.
    Your other accounts were banned for botting (and selling gold), and your main account was banned because you mailed gold from your bots to it.
    Feel free to contact Customer Support again if you have any questions.

Empathy.8360 wrote:

i was playing all manually, tabbing each other, and never knew its illegal to farm hard just to get my main a legendary? thats why im mailing gold to my main. this is really unacceptable, i wasnt really botting at all.

Anet Chris Cleary wrote:

9 Accounts, Manually Controlled, Ok, lets do some Bearbow math.

It’ll take you ~1 second to move between each client
    1 second to initiate a command (assuming you only want 9 characters to do 1 skill and then auto attack)
    Thats 18 seconds for 1 action across 9 accounts with 0 movement, so 3.3 (repeating of course) actions per minute per account.

Technically speaking, you could pull off a 3 Rapid Fires on your Bearbows per account per minute with 6 seconds to spare between switches. A normal Bearbow can do 7.5 Rapid Fires per minute, and throw in 2 Barrages (but that requires targeting, something you don’t have time to do), upping damage to equal roughly 9 Rapid Fires.

Your 9 Bearbows are roughly equal to 3 real Bearbows. It seems if you wanted to be effective, you should be multiboxing only 3 accounts rather than 9, if my Bearbow math is correct.

That is unless you are botting, or have keys bound to multiple clients, either way, that’s gonna fetch a ban…like it did

Empathy does not post again but people discuss bearbow math

Anet Chris Cleary wrote:

I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread, at this point, further discussion on anything other than bearbow math isn’t really important and can happen on another thread if needed.

Truth be told, using bearbow math (an unproven system that may or may not lead to random photobombs…see below) isn’t always going to be exact. However, this player did not need to use bearbow math as they violated the laws of bearbow science and used a 3rd party program which is not allowed. Thats why they were banned, not because they were bad at bearbow math.

bearbow science is a thing.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    iMZh6xN7kjUyv.jpg

I am now the proud owner of Mini Zuzu, Cat of DAAAAAAAAAAARKNESS

(this is my necro, Soundless Legion)

Your character looks amazing Lucid. I am almost as green with envy.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You guys you guys you guys!

Noble Count Outfit + Belinda's Greatsword:

TQ6rlXi.jpg

I am a SAMURAI PRINCESS!!!

Katana + Ballgown = WIN

P.S. Credit goes to @ky13 for suggesting the weapon skin to match the dress. :)

Kylindra on
  • Options
    ...in other news, they fixed the gem conversion thing (kinda) and to celebrate they put a bunch of boosters and stuff on sale, plus they brought back a bunch of a skins temporarily, like Belinda's Greatsword and Kasmeer's Staff and all the other Destiny's Edgier weapons. :)

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    ...in other news, they fixed the gem conversion thing (kinda) and to celebrate they put a bunch of boosters and stuff on sale, plus they brought back a bunch of a skins temporarily, like Belinda's Greatsword and Kasmeer's Staff and all the other Destiny's Edgier weapons. :)

Kinda? Sounds pretty fixed to me.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options

Well, you can no longer convert an arbitrary amount of gems to gold.

You can buy an arbitrary amount of gems WITH gold, so that's fixed.

But if you have 7 gems, you're stuck with them, because you can only buy gold in whole amounts.

If you hit the "max" button, you don't spend all your gems. You buy the nearest whole amount of gold. Even though they COULD let you buy 9 gold 46 silver 22 copper, like back in the day you could. And you CAN convert 9 gold 46 silver 22 copper to gems, if that happens to be equal to an even number of gems.

So. It's not a good as it used to be, but the worst part was corrected. The biggest problem was gold to gems, not gems to gold. Gems to gold is the only less functional part, and fewer of us care about that.

I will have 7 gems forever.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

Well, you can no longer convert an arbitrary amount of gems to gold.

You can buy an arbitrary amount of gems WITH gold, so that's fixed.

But if you have 7 gems, you're stuck with them, because you can only buy gold in whole amounts.

If you hit the "max" button, you don't spend all your gems. You buy the nearest whole amount of gold. Even though they COULD let you buy 9 gold 46 silver 22 copper, like back in the day you could. And you CAN convert 9 gold 46 silver 22 copper to gems, if that happens to be equal to an even number of gems.

So. It's not a good as it used to be, but the worst part was corrected. The biggest problem was gold to gems, not gems to gold. Gems to gold is the only less functional part, and fewer of us care about that.

I will have 7 gems forever.

Huh. That is not something I had thought about when reading the notes.

Verified: kinda fixed.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    darkmayo wrote: »

How much is it to transfer to FA now, I did it in the first year when I moved from Isle of Janthir, ended up just buying gems to do it.

It's usually just under around 300g

1600 gemz

server warchest is growing ok

Zoel on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I got a sweet new look for halloween too!
    Char.jpg

I'm kidding. :D

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    If Abaddon orchestrated the rise of the dragons then I'm quitting. I'm done with all things A.net forever.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    If Abaddon orchestrated the rise of the dragons then I'm quitting. I'm done with all things A.net forever.
    Nah, it'll be Kormir who did it. For the good of humanity, of course, so we won't get to kill her.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Pretty sure Abaddon just hoarded knowledge of magic which probably will be useful.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    Pretty sure Abaddon just hoarded knowledge of magic which probably will be useful.
    Ok. I guess what I am getting at is I am tired of them using Abaddon as a keystone whenever they want some resolution to the story. It was forced in Nightfall and it will be here as well. Everything doesn't have to be all connected all the time.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    not really a spoiler:

Dragons existed in Tyria before the human gods arrived. Dragons existed before 11,000 BE. And have woken 'many times' on a 10,000 year cycle. So we can comfortably date them before 30,000 BE. There is inference that the dragons are Tyria.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ok. I guess what I am getting at is I am tired of them using Abaddon as a keystone whenever they want some resolution to the story. It was forced in Nightfall and it will be here as well. Everything doesn't have to be all connected all the time.
    What is your definition of "orchestrate?" Because I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Abaddon's brief reintroduction of magic to the world via the Bloodstone was a very bad idea if you wanted to keep the Elder Dragons asleep for as long as possible.

Though I'll admit that if that was Abaddon's plan all along, my eyes will be rolling, but I suspect that the realization occurred after the fact.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Char.jpg

You're gonna make me cry, Mojo. :(

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    You wanna get happy? I'll likely be making a legendary very soon.

This may not make everybody as happy as it'll make me, but I don't care. It's a reason for joy.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Perrsun wrote: »
    You wanna get happy? I'll likely be making a legendary very soon.

This may not make everybody as happy as it'll make me, but I don't care. It's a reason for joy.

My desire for my own legendary is so great, I'm seriously considering just grinding the gold for the cheapest non-aquatic precursor on the TP (which last I checked, was Rodgort's Flame at ~130g) and just make that, despite the fact that my main cannot use a torch, nor are torches considered very useful in and of themselves.

...I think I'm hoping murphy's law kicks in and I finally get a precursor to drop just when I get 95% done with making Rodgort :P

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Char.jpg

You're gonna make me cry, Mojo. :(

Dont cry. I updated my client this week

i still have hope of some sort :D

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    oh don't mind mojo he's a whiny baby who keeps being all IM TOTALLY GONNA LEAVE FOREVER THIS TIME while he's sort of sitting in the living room with his arms crossed scowling and not actually getting up or bothering to look for his coat and keys

sometimes he gets up but then he's right back on the couch being all I COULDN'T FIND MY KEYS

BUT I SWEAR I'M GONNA LEAVE THIS TIME

(ilu mojo)

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    In other non-news, Reddit gets mad at ANet for doing their job again.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2l21xk/actually_game_master_can_ban_for_preventing_maize/

ANets response:
    Just going to clear this up...
    GM was called to the situation after multiple reports filed from a players for Griefing.

Player's client language was set to English

Player received multiple warnings via Whisper (Whisper) in English

Player was moved from the map and placed in a different instance of the map (in case they were actually farming something useful rather than griefing)

Player attempted multiple times to zone back into this specific version of the map, eventually was successful

Returned to previous behavior

An attempt was made to make sure that the GM got this player's attention

After attempting to contact the player one more time in whispers and in say chat (shown in screenshot), user was given a temporary suspension for griefing.

If you are toxic, and are being so knowingly and intentionally...expect a time out. Many people have quoted the Rules of Conduct. It is enforced.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    oh don't mind mojo he's a whiny baby who keeps being all IM TOTALLY GONNA LEAVE FOREVER THIS TIME while he's sort of sitting in the living room with his arms crossed scowling and not actually getting up or bothering to look for his coat and keys

sometimes he gets up but then he's right back on the couch being all I COULDN'T FIND MY KEYS

BUT I SWEAR I'M GONNA LEAVE THIS TIME

(ilu mojo)

never said I was doing any old thing.

you know what, Women in video games are MEAN.

mojojoeo on
  • Options

you know what, Women in video games are MEAN.

bleerrrrgh /godzilla stomp
    /crushes mojo & the patriarchy
    /blerrgh
    /tramples on mojo's manly man rights

• Options
    edited November 2014
    What is your definition of "orchestrate?" Because I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Abaddon's brief reintroduction of magic to the world via the Bloodstone was a very bad idea if you wanted to keep the Elder Dragons asleep for as long as possible.

Though I'll admit that if that was Abaddon's plan all along, my eyes will be rolling, but I suspect that the realization occurred after the fact.

but for once. . .
    I'd just like Abaddon to not be involved. I agree with you. It'll most likely not be him who meant to awake the Dragons but even if it's a side result of his research. . . I just wish he'd stop being a cornerstone plot point in everything they do. The world is bigger than that and they have so much lore to pull from it's a shame they waste all of it to constantly focus on him (and to some degree the dragons too).

Seidkona on
  • Options

but for once. . .
    I'd just like Abaddon to not be involved. I agree with you. It'll most likely not be him who meant to awake the Dragons but even if it's a side result of his research. . . I just wish he'd stop being a cornerstone plot point in everything they do. The world is bigger than that and they have so much lore to pull from it's a shame they waste all of it to constantly focus on him (and to some degree the dragons too).
    This is why I find it hilarious that a lot of the same people who were bashing Scarlet because she seemed like she was behind EVERYTHING were also so buttmad that we didn't get the Abaddon fractal and that they're SO HAPPY that Abaddon is involved now. I've literally even seen people say "I'm so glad Abaddon is back and that he's really behind it instead of that bitch Scarlet."

I'm like DO YOU GUYS EVEN REMEMBER HOW BUTTMAD YOU WERE DURING NIGHTFALL FOR THE EXACT SAME REASONS YOU ARE CURRENTLY BUTTMAD AT SCARLET.

scarlet is the new abaddon and abaddon is the new scarlet :|

But really Guild Wars in general has a problem with Shyamalan style WAT A TWEEST plots. "oh no IT WAS THE VIZIIIIER" "oh no it was SHIROOOO" "oh no it was ABADDON" "BUT REALLY IT WAS DRAGONS" "AND ALSO ABADDON!"

This discussion has been closed.