As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TERRIFIED THAT I'M PREGNANT!

Ally1234Ally1234 Registered User new member
Is it possible that i'm pregnant? My boyfriend of 7 months and I finally had sex for the first time. Anyway, I refuse to have intercourse with out condoms because i'm not taking any other BC temporarily. This is the first time we had sex, and it was with a condom. I felt I was safe because I keep track of my ovulation days and according to my symptoms and the calendar I ovulated 3-5 days before intercourse. I recently read if you want to aid or avoid conception, cervical mucus observations are said to be around 98.5% accurate as to the fertile and infertile times in your monthly cycle. I had very little CM the morning before intercourse (Yellow in color , Sticky , Very Dense) Mittlleshmertz 3-5 days prior. However, iv'e never taken an official test therefore, I know my observations aren't perfect. Before we had vaginal sex he came 2 times in two different condoms, again this was with no vaginal penetration whatsoever and away from that area aswel (if that did anything) within 30 - 45 minutes. During the time we had intercourse he cleaned himself and got a new condom. It fit perfectly and we began intercourse. It lasted a few minutes then he came into the condom, he pulled out, still mostly erect, and everything seemed fine. This was at 11:37pm. I took the condom off him, away from my vagina, so we could examine it. It did not appear abnormally wet, out of place, or damaged. As I held it up over my stomach, I felt something drip on me! He looked at it and again it didn't appear broken. He believes the reason it dripped was because I was holding it/ removed it wrong. After my boyfriend checked the condoms and didn't see any holes. But he thought one was damp. He believes I'm okay and that I simply held it wrong causing semen to spill/drip around the rim.
In the morning I woke up early to re-check all the condoms closely. I know this is gross but, I picked each used one up, used two fingers in a downward motion and squeezed the remaining liquid, stretching condom from the rim to the tip as well. They were absolutely dry on the outside everything stayed inside! Only the third one was damp around rim. I still didn't see any holes. My main concern was the tip, when filled wit liquid, did not have the slightest drip. We took a Plan B around 2:00pm or 2:30pm (about 15hrs later) that day. I know they say condoms are 98% effective and Plan B One Step is 95% effective if taken within 24 hrs., but I'm still freaking out! By the way, I'm 19 years old and I weigh 145-150lbs at 5'7 and healthy. (I only mention that because I learned Plan B doesn't work after 165lbs+. I almost broke down today crying because I'm so scared my parents look down on girls who get pregnant young. I can't find anyone to talk to all my friends are christian as well as most of my relatives and very judgmental!! I haven't skipped a period, but I'm due in a few days! PLEASE HELP ME!

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    You should be fine. Be sure to take a pregnancy test just to verify, but if the contraceptives didn't break and you took Plan B just to be safe, it's very unlikely that you're pregnant. Modern birth control methods are all but 100% effective - they'll work so long as you use them properly.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    You're fine.

• Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    If you get freaked out enough about being pregnant that the first thing you do after sex is check the condom, maybe it would be worth considering other birth control or not having sex?

I imagine the anxiety can't make it very fun.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    If there was a break, you should feel more than a drip. Remember condoms are meant to work both ways and you've both got body fluids involved, so it's normal after penetration for there to be fluid on the outside that can drip off. Aside from that, you did everything right and you're about as likely to be pregnant as I am (I'm a guy).

Edit: Removed my second paragraph since I missed the "temporarily" part, so you seem to know the score on that.

Hevach on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Serpent wrote: »
    If you get freaked out enough about being pregnant that the first thing you do after sex is check the condom, maybe it would be worth considering other birth control or not having sex?

I imagine the anxiety can't make it very fun.

Yeah, by the post it doesn't sound like you're having much fun, Ally. If the threat of pregnancy is making PIV sex so stressful do other things, like oral or anal. Hell, do anal on him. This is intimate stuff you should be enjoying with another human being, not stuff you should be doing and then worrying about the fallout afterward.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    If you are pregnant, you should contact the Catholic Church to get the miracle certified :)

You urgently need long-term birth control because you sound very neurotic about it. I suggest an IUD because they are implant-and-forget. Either that or Depo-Provera (a shot in the arm that lasts 3 months). Also use condoms to protect against STDs, as well as provide an extra layer of certainty.

See below for all possible methods.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/birth-control

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Also, keep in mind that pregnancy tests are usually for after you've missed your period, preferably by a week. If you freak out and try to take it before you've missed your period, their accuracy goes way down.

In general, you might want to hold off on worrying about it until you're around 1 week late on your period, and this is very dependent on the regularity of your cycle too.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    If it makes you feel any better the first time I had sex i was scared for the same general reasons (if not the physical effects) and I'm a guy.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's also worth mentioning that you can run to a local place like Planned Parenthood and grab a Plan B, which is effective up to three days after said accident.

The time to discuss what you need to do in case of an accident is before you start having sex, not after. Hell, my ex and I had it down to a science- if there was a sign that something had broke, or something had gotten where it shouldn't, we headed out to the Planned Parenthood near campus and we either split the cost of a Plan B or I paid for it. It pretty much stopped the freakouts entirely on that subject- we knew what we had to do if it happened, and that was that.

If you took one, then I'm pretty sure you're safe- but the only real way to confirm is to wait for your next period. It might be wise to sit down with your boyfriend and discuss what you'll both do if this happens again so you're not freaking out the next time.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    fygOcxX.jpg?1

Start with this stuff (the one's you're okay with) then work your way out from there. Penis in vagina sex is nowhere close to the only way to have intercourse nor is it necessarily the best way for every couple. Find something you both like that doesn't result in massive anxiety.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    You're not pregnant.

There is so much sex that isn't penis in vagina sex it makes penis in vagina sex look boring by comparison.

I am in the business of saving lives.
This discussion has been closed.