As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"What's Up Hot Dog?", "Hey Everybody It's Tuesday!", and Other [Podcast] Catchphrases

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Hey, new How did this get made is finally goddamn up!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah that dumb dumb, what with what he thought about that comic book movie from the future!

Seriously I don't think I even know what infinity wars is as a comic

I can feel that whole zone slipping away from me

Man how many months am I behind on comics anyway. Shit
    I mean it isn't an adaptation as The Infinity Wars was a shitty mostly forgotten event. It's just a rad title.

But the thing is Spider-Man and Wolverine have nothing to do with Thanos and the Infinity Gems aND aren't at all necessary

Hey bro

I'm just poppin your stones

Good bit.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah that dumb dumb, what with what he thought about that comic book movie from the future!

I mean it isn't an adaptation as The Infinity Wars was a shitty mostly forgotten event. It's just a rad title.

But the thing is Spider-Man and Wolverine have nothing to do with Thanos and the Infinity Gems aND aren't at all necessary

For that matter, none of the Avengers had anything to do with the Infinity Gauntlet event outside of an ultimately inconsequential one issue.

Makes me wonder how they are going to play the MCU version.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Hey bro

I'm just poppin your stones

Good bit.

Great bit

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Wait is this an episode of Great Bits?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Wait is this an episode of Great Bits?

i think it is, yeah

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Alright I listened to the first episode of Serial last night

I have an hour flight and an hour and a half train ride today to get to a conference I'm attending

so I guess I have found my listening material for the journey

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Also I take it back I skipped forward to dnd and them harassing this kid to tell them how his parents died is pretty great

And then from the audience guest "I've got 3 vials of acid... You know, if we need them"

That reminds me of our only campaign using the Eberron setting.

Short version: Warforged Artisan feeding an orphan a vial of alchemist's fire to "soothe his pains."

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I listened to the first Achtung Baby episode of UTU2TM today and I was sad when they were shit-talking The Hands That Build America. It's one of my favourite U2 songs. :(

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    What podcast?

Do you mean I Love Films?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I love I Love Films!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    You know it's funny

I love films

And I love I Love I Love Films

But I DONT love I Love Films

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You know it's funny

I love films

And I love I Love I Love Films

But I DONT love I Love Films

I mean its probably the hosts, right?

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I listened to the first Achtung Baby episode of UTU2TM today and I was sad when they were shit-talking The Hands That Build America. It's one of my favourite U2 songs. :(

Okay buddy. Get back to me when you can name the members of U2 and the instruments they play.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Bono, Bono.

How about some t-shirts?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Okay I made it up to episode 4 of Serial.

Huh.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Is tomorrow Serial say? Yes, yes it is!

• Options
    Serial does a good job of making me change m opinion a lot, one second I am sure someone did it and then a few minutes I reconsider because of some new information.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i've finished through episode 4 of serial
    i'm very engaged, but i'm also pretty surprised people find this so ambiguous. i'm extremely troubled so far by how lacking the evidence against adnan has been; doubly so given that he was basically convicted on the testimony of a supposed unindicted accomplice. i think asia probably was the 'smoking gun' and am pretty distressed that sarah's tactics in contacting her seemingly directly caused her to recant. i don't necessarily think jay is responsible for the death, but i struggle to see how anything bolsters the case for adnan having done it either.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    i also really don't think sarah takes enough responsibility for asia recanting her affidavit and contacting the prosecutors given that the story that is presented shows that she is clearly the primary cause for that decision.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Bono, Bono.

How about some t-shirts?

Look, Bono. All we need is...ninety minutes of your time

and some fuckin t-shirts

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The Betman wrote: »
    Bono, Bono.

How about some t-shirts?

and some fuckin t-shirts

Bono, tell me about your dick.

• Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bono, Bono.

How about some t-shirts?

and some fuckin t-shirts

hey Betman, why dont you do us all a favour and turn off the dark

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bono, Bono.

How about some t-shirts?

and some fuckin t-shirts

Scott, tell them about the t-shirts.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    satans, dude, you're all mixed up
    Sarah didn't have any involvement in Asia recanting. Sarah doesn't contact Asia until after his most recent (and final) denied petition.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    satans, dude, you're all mixed up
    Sarah didn't have any involvement in Asia recanting. Sarah doesn't contact Asia until after his most recent (and final) denied petition.
    she explicitly comments that asia was spooked that a PI was after her (sarah's PI) prior to asia contacting the prosecutor

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Bono, Bono.

How about some t-shirts?

and some fuckin t-shirts

Bono, tell me about your dick.

You KNOW I gotta ask.

What's your fuckstyle?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    quoting from serial
    Asia said she was spooked when the private investigator came to her house. I don't know if that's why she didn't testify at the hearing or why she made the call to the prosecutor. But she told me that when she got the knock at the door, quote, "that was not cool." Because to her, if Adnan did do it, quote, "the last thing you want is a murderer being pissed off at you, knowing where you live."

that PI was established as sarah's PI

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Counter-quoting from Serial
    It wasn't Sarah's PI. It was a lawyer's PI.

Episode 1 around 32 minutes in

"Adan's family hired a new attorney, who filed a petition in court based on the Asia affidavit. His argument was that Adnan's trial could have turned out differently if Guttierez had checked out Asia's story. ... The new lawyer figures he'll get Asia to come to the hearing, she'll vouch for her story. By this time, Asia had finished school and moved away. He finds an address on the west coast, tries calling, sending messages. Nothing. Finally, he writes a letter to her, gives it to a private investigator, who goes out to Asia's house in hopes of delivering it."

Sarah's first contact with Asia was the email follow-up to the pleading letter she never got.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    fair enough, i may have misunderstood. i still feel like this element is really glossed over given how important its contents might be.

• Options
    spoilers from episode 1 still
    It's a misleading section. The way Sarah speaks about it kind of comes off as

1. she finds the information
    2. informs family
    3. gets lawyer + PI
    4. harasses Asia
    5. Asia recants

In that order. But in fact, Sarah's first attempt at contact with Asia is the letter that never ends up delivered, and so Asia responds to Sarah's follow-up email with a phone call. By the time Sarah has contacted Asia, it's multiple weeks after Adnan's final petition, hence his lack of enthusiasm about Sarah and Asia's contact. It was probably Rabiya that came across the information the first time?

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    i've finished through episode 4 of serial
    i'm very engaged, but i'm also pretty surprised people find this so ambiguous. i'm extremely troubled so far by how lacking the evidence against adnan has been; doubly so given that he was basically convicted on the testimony of a supposed unindicted accomplice. i think asia probably was the 'smoking gun' and am pretty distressed that sarah's tactics in contacting her seemingly directly caused her to recant. i don't necessarily think jay is responsible for the death, but i struggle to see how anything bolsters the case for adnan having done it either.

relistening to episode 4,
    the phone records seem to call both Jay's AND Adnan's stories into question

like the fact that Adnan's phone pinged the Leakin Park cell tower right around the time Jay claimed they were burying the body

as far as Adnan remembers, his phone was with him at that time

so either he's lying about going to the mosque to pray and was actually at Leakin Park, or Jay lifted his phone without him realizing it and put it back, again without him realizing it

which, considering how easily Jay capitulates to the detectives in the interviews, and how frequently he changes his story, I'm loathe to believe that he's clever enough to have pulled that off

I'm inclined to think at this point that Adnan's innocent, but at the same time there are pieces of evidence that suggest that he's not being completely honest either.

• Options
    i will fully cop to being pro-defendant to a huge extent, but i still fail to see yet how the combo of jay's testimony and cell records are enough to put a man in prison for murder

• Options
    i will fully cop to being pro-defendant to a huge extent, but i still fail to see yet how the combo of jay's testimony and cell records are enough to put a man in prison for murder

Oh yeah no yes

If we are talking trial wise, the case against him feels incredibly weak

There's absolutely reasonable doubt that he didn't commit the crime

More than anything else it seems to me like his attorney failed him

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The US justice system is fucked up. You can shoot a handcuffed man in the back on camera and walk, so Adnan's conviction isn't surprising.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Jay did exactly what a liar would do. He established Hei's death to Jen before it takes place. He's got intimate knowledge of the shovels used, he needs to destroy his clothes, the inconsistencies in his story's timeline. COME ON

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    I feel like there's something there not telling us about Jay. He's either dead or in jail or something.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    I feel like there's something there not telling us about Jay. He's either dead or in jail or something.
    On the blog they mention that he plead guilty to accomplice after the fact

• Options
    On the blog they mention that he plead guilty to accomplice after the fact
    Does that mean he's in jail? It seems like he's made a deal with the cops.

2ohWien.png
This discussion has been closed.