As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They did the thing in finale of [The Legend of Korra]!

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Yeah i honestly wasn't thinking Wan so much as "Oh cool Spike Spiegel Amon knows how to firebend" the entire time.

We've uncovered another Equalist conspiracy!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Wan has reincarnated to teach Bolin important lessons about how when you have sweet lava bending abilities you need to be bending lava 24/7.

but korra hasn't taught bolin anything

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Korra taught him what heartbreak feels like

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Wan has reincarnated to teach Bolin important lessons about how when you have sweet lava bending abilities you need to be bending lava 24/7.

but korra hasn't taught bolin anything

Snot bending.

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Dude could totally be Wan's descendent. It's been established that Avatars are not blood related.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Man

Kuvira's army ended that episode in what might the absolute worst possible place

That or Toph won't care

I wonder which is more likely? She's looking for an excuse to knock the shit out of some people

But Kuvira might actually order retreat if Toph shows up

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    toph doesn't care about things going on in the rest of the world

but if you show up at her doorstep well you're gonna have a problem

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    On the hand I understand they won't do this because of narrative reasons...

But part of me would kind of love if Toph just destroyed Kuvira's entire army because they accidentally pissed her off.

Also man both stories in the episode were really good. Nice to see reunions and the Bolick... uh... Varlin... uh... the B-V duo continue to be great.

Gundi on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tumblr_nezashwOOW1qkwdtzo1_1280.png

tumblr_nezashwOOW1qkwdtzo3_1280.png

all of su's kids are like the same age wtf

Makani dot dot dot tumblr dot com continues to provide the quality

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    From below the giant spirit banyan: "You there, stop that racket!" *Toph emerges* "Don't make me have to stop you!"

Kuvira (with a smirk): "Don't think you can challenge me, old woman. I defeated the Avatar!"

Toph: "What a coincidence! So did I!"

*fight*

• Options
    dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    When I saw them cutting into the trees at the end I shouted Yes! It would be interesting to see what tricks Toph has picked up over the past few decades.

Kuvira is also starting to seem like a caricature at this point. She makes Ozai seem like Mr. Rogers.

• Options
    Ozai was literally going to burn everyone in the Earth Kingdom to death

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Ozai wanted to genocide everyone who wasn't part of the Fire Nation. He was the Hitler to Sozin Kaiser, basically.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ozai wanted to genocide everyone who wasn't part of the Fire Nation. He was the Hitler to Sozin Kaiser, basically.

Replace Fire Nation with Earth Nation and Kuvira might not be that far off, you know, with putting people in prison camps and all.

• Options
    Kuvira is still well within the bounds of her established fascism

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I'm actually surprised that the swamp didn't retaliate on its own. Every other entrance to the swamp we've seen from the teams avatar were initiated from vines directly from the swamp itself. Why wouldn't they reach out to defend themselves?

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Replace Fire Nation with Earth Nation and Kuvira might not be that far off, you know, with putting people in prison camps and all.

Unless Kuvira plans to brainwash them into being her soldiers like the Earth Queen tried to do with the airbenders.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    #1 Do you have any idea how annoying it is to play Skyrim and hear this guy everywhere?
    latest?cb=20131019224533
    I swear I'm going to be called stinky and freak out.

#2 I'm really happy Korra mentioned her training to someone!

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    #2 I'm really happy Korra mentioned her training to someone!

What was that line?

"She's like an older, crankier version of Bei Fong."

"Is that even possible?"

That got a few laughs.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Toph is gonna wreck everyone's shit.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Anyone else hope Varrick and Bolin stay on the boat and show up in a few episodes with less of a motley crew and more a black ops team?

Holy shit, Opal was the only female child of Suyin's! No wonder she was so possessive last season.

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Knowing what Toph is capable of, she should have no problem taking out Kuvira and the small contingent of soldiers that are accompanying her. Toph specializes is humiliating the fuck out of Earthbenders.

However, since this is a show about Korra, Toph will soundly lose and we will all break our monitors in rage.

• Options
    A preview image from the next episode:
    q6HzGgc.png

I am definitely looking forward to this.

• Options
    Knowing what Toph is capable of, she should have no problem taking out Kuvira and the small contingent of soldiers that are accompanying her. Toph specializes is humiliating the fuck out of Earthbenders.

However, since this is a show about Korra, Toph will soundly lose and we will all break our monitors in rage.

If it actually turns into a fight there's no way for this to happen

Mike and Bryan hold one thing sacrosanct in terms of ass-whoopings: if you are a bad-ass, you get more bad-ass as you age, not less, because your kung fu is stronger

Toph now is probably even worse than Bumi was at Ozai's defeat

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Mike and Bryan hold one thing sacrosanct in terms of ass-whoopings: if you are a bad-ass, you get more bad-ass as you age, not less, because your kung fu is stronger

I really just want it to be, Toph comes out attacking with Kuvira getting ready to fight her when she gets within range. Then realizes who it is and immediately orders a full retreat of all her forces.

She gets enough spirit vines from the tree to do what she wants, Toph gets to be the badass she is, and Kuvira isn't defeated. (Plus the Tree gets to stay around)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Morkath wrote: »

I really just want it to be, Toph comes out attacking with Kuvira getting ready to fight her when she gets within range. Then realizes who it is and immediately orders a full retreat of all her forces.

She gets enough spirit vines from the tree to do what she wants, Toph gets to be the badass she is, and Kuvira isn't defeated. (Plus the Tree gets to stay around)

I like this, but I think it should be Baatar Jr. who recognizes Toph rather than Kuvira herself.
    He sees Toph (or feels through the earth or recognizes her technique when she crushes a half dozen mech suits or something) and tells Kuvira they have to leave, now.
    "Why? Because of some mud dwelling earth bender hermit? I have the greatest army the Earth Kingdom has ever seen at my command!
    "No, because that's my grandmother, and she doesn't care about our army.

Cue slow realization, then general panic and retreat.

see317 on
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »

I like this, but I think it should be Baatar Jr. who recognizes Toph rather than Kuvira herself.
    He sees Toph (or feels through the earth or recognizes her technique when she crushes a half dozen mech suits or something) and tells Kuvira they have to leave, now.
    "Why? Because of some mud dwelling earth bender hermit? I have the greatest army the Earth Kingdom has ever seen at my command!
    "No, because that's my grandmother, and she doesn't care about our army.

Cue slow realization, then general panic and retreat.

Oh yea. Of course, there's always the possibility that Kuvira will either cheat or use B Jr. as a hostage.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I cannot see how Kuvira having a hostage would possibly hold Toph back.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I was going to put something witty here but stumbled into something on GIS that burns my eyes in the worst way possible.

Instead, let me say that I agree whole heartedly and that I am now picturing ways Toph would overcome a hostage situation. Chief among them, smash them before they feel pain or fear.

• Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    Especially if some grandkid managed to get himself kidnapped.

*Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    no Kuvira dont attack the mana tree
    a dragon lives in there

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Toph invented the earth bender truth sense. I think she'd be able to tell that Kuvira was bluffing.
    And, if Kuvira wasn't bluffing, well, I think a bad time would be had all around.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I feel like TLA can get a break since it's a show skewed somewhat younger, but I don't think the focus was ever about the villain. We don't even really see Ozai until season three, whereas Kuvira is prominently featured in every episode. She's basically PG Hitler at this point, so I think any shot at nuance is gone. I'm really hoping this doesn't boil down to "Korra gets over her shit and Avatar States Kuvira into the ground" because I was expecting the theme here to be more along the lines of more peaceful conflict resolution. It would have be real nice to have Kuvira as feeling slighted because she did all this work only to have it all go to some undeserving royal, but go about the whole thing in the wrong way. And Korra basically finds a way to set her straight that doesn't just involve throwing rocks and fire at her.

Asami/Korra is slightly possible, because by the time they were working on the final episodes it might be around the time they found out they were going to be online-only. Being the last season of the series and online-only might be enough for Nick not to give a fuck about any moral outrage (and, to be cynical about it, there's plenty of positive PR to reap from being one of the first major kid networks to have a gay relationship). But I dunno when book 4 started production, so who knows when these episodes were written.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I think that if the fans are going to get recognition that Korrasami is a thing, that the most Mike and Bryan would be able to get away with would be a focused shot on the two of them holding hands (or one of them grabbing the other's when they see Shit Get Real) at the end of the series.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You'll know if it happens when this thread suddenly gains 50 pages and the title has been edited to incoherent gibberish

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I don't think Nick is super concerned with the content of the show, considering it's not on TV anymore.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Wasn't Cartoon Network's Clarence going to have the first same-sex kiss on children's programming but CN jumped in and stopped it? I can't imagine Nick will be any more progressive than that, even if it's online.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    A hostage would fuel her
    Sorce wrote: »
    I think that if the fans are going to get recognition that Korrasami is a thing, that the most Mike and Bryan would be able to get away with would be a focused shot on the two of them holding hands (or one of them grabbing the other's when they see Shit Get Real) at the end of the series.

I know I've spent too much time on the Internet because my brain kept filling in words after "other's" there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I feel like the first three seasons were about Korra failing because she tried to beat up the villain and failed.

This season it looks like Korra is trying to solve things peacefully for once, but this is finally one of those villains that just needs a good whoopin'. I think that's where the drama is heading towards. Finally knowing when to beat and when to parley will be the big lesson here.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos