As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    They really are!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Day Three: foundation complete for our house. Pretty happy with progress so far.

Next goal: Get some NPCs from zombie curing to start an HR tower.

• Options
    These shields... do they do anything against non-arrow attacks like projectile fire from blazes?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they do block blaze shots

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    New Minecraft snapshot

Notable features include some new mobs(Polar bears, modified skeletons that cause short slowness, modified zombies that cause short hunger)
    Some new blocks(Burning netherrack block, netherwart blocks and bricks, bone blocks that spawn underground and crafted with bones
    some new features(Autojump, buncha new commands and structure block features)

And now Twixxo can remove gravity from players

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Polar Bears! <3

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    does this mean we have to kill polar bears to survive?

• Options
    No, but we might get to ride one!

• Options
    that would be awesome! Also terrifying if Skeletons can ride them as well. Zombie polar bears with skeletal riders.

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Messing with gravity looks like its going to be fun.

https://gfycat.com/MessyLinearBlackbird

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Messing with gravity looks like its going to be fun.

https://gfycat.com/MessyLinearBlackbird

That makes me miss the GravityCraft mod

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Ludeman99Ludeman99 Registered User regular
    So in continuing my streak lately of making dumb decisions I got it in my head that I was going to go grab some of the sea lanterns in the Ocean temple that Hale, Peaches and I cleared a week or so ago. This Temple (at 1368,-328) is NOT one of the 3 listed earlier in the thread and it was mentioned to me that it still may have been off-limits. If this is the case, I will be happy to deliver all of this stuff to spawn or wherever.. not sure I could accurately put it all back however.. but I await summary judgement ;/

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ludeman99 wrote: »
    So in continuing my streak lately of making dumb decisions I got it in my head that I was going to go grab some of the sea lanterns in the Ocean temple that Hale, Peaches and I cleared a week or so ago. This Temple (at 1368,-328) is NOT one of the 3 listed earlier in the thread and it was mentioned to me that it still may have been off-limits. If this is the case, I will be happy to deliver all of this stuff to spawn or wherever.. not sure I could accurately put it all back however.. but I await summary judgement ;/

Yes, all of them are off limits. That one was discovered after the initial event, it was an oversight on my part. For future reference, when we say that a specific structure (strongholds, temples, etc) is off limits, it probably refers to all of them unless indicated otherwise.

E: For further clarification, we do this kind of thing so that we avoid running out of rare materials/everyone has an equal chance at a material that is limited by its nature. We have set up alternate channels to get them if you're in need.

ruddeh on
    oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    Waaay easier to get sea lanterns through the spawn shop by order of magnitude.

• Options
    So my surface pro 3, which can and has run MC in the past, is unable to connect to the server for some reason. Im on the right version (1.9.2) and have tried both the alias and IP address. Not sure where to go from here.

Ideas?

• Options
    So with my laptop barred, I have been planning out what I'm gonna do with the island I'm on for the Brairwealth:
    rQDwk3JH

At the center is Briarthorn Keep, my usual sort of base build.
    1. Briartown - The spooky aesthetic of Briarthorn Parish will likely come back, this time with a bit more Log Cabin feel to contrast the castle at the center.
    2. Sea Fortress - Not sure what exactly I'm gonna do, maybe a spanish star fort.
    3. Terrforming: New Bay - All the blue area will be 2 - 4 underwater once im done.
    4. Terraforming: New River - Convert the entire center place into a nice island that will be well torched and have a raised shoreline (probably 3 blocks) to prevent mobs from coming ashore from the surrounding hills.
    5. The Farms (Currently in progress) - On top of the autofarms im building will be a big windmill to house them. Really excited (this is what im working on now).
    6. SEKRIT PROJECT (REDACTED)
    7. The Foundry (Complete) - A single iron farm. It works!
    8. The NPC Human Resources Tower (Operational but incomplete). If anyone needs NPCs, I can now produce about 3-5 an hour (with ~8 stacks of produce).
    Other: Trees - These are gonna be untorched forests that already form a sort of basin around the center island, going to keep these pristine aside from some safeish walking paths I'll make through the woods. I've got a bunch done as I start week two.
    Other: Azmaranthe's underground. Az is working on an underground palace of her own beneath the keep. Pretty excited to see how it turns out!

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    A dark building appears to the southwest.

lusv6i8dyx2a.png
    8k7noi03i4ze.png
    r058ofkzayms.png

The Shrine of the Wither is complete. Blasphemers can summon one and kill it for its precious beacon. Although Witherbleak will add you to the list of those to be hunted. There's no portal or safe house at the shine yet. The fastest way there is to take the Portal to the Mushroom island and sail over.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    So my surface pro 3, which can and has run MC in the past, is unable to connect to the server for some reason. Im on the right version (1.9.2) and have tried both the alias and IP address. Not sure where to go from here.

Ideas?

If you can get me your specs I can try to replicate your issue on my surface 3.

Just let me know.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    No worries on the laptop, decided its for the best to not have it on there.

@MetaHybrid we should have a wither party, where we all collect three skulls and work together to help each other get beacons.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    There are enough wither skulls around. How does Friday or Saturday night sound?

• Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    There are enough wither skulls around. How does Friday or Saturday night sound?

I could do later on Friday, saturday would work better for me.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Summon all the Withers at once!

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    /spawn wither 150

• Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well well, it looks like you are all still going strong in the Minecraft world. It has been quite a while since I checked in to see how things are going. I see Enc is still building crazy things, glad to know some things don't change.

• Options
    I actually only recently came back! I was out of the game for over a year I think.

How goes it Caboose?

• Options
    Based on my posting history it looks like I was last on a year ago as well. I think I was building a large mountain and then life got in the way. I'm looking at playing here and there again. Probably not going to try and recreate Zelda again, probably...

Things are going well, I've been promoted at work to a Manager of Operations which is a bit crazy at times. My first child was born two weeks ago. Basically looking for things I can do while holding him, since that happens a lot right now. Minecraft seemed like an obvious choice lol.

What about you, how goes things?

• Options
    Looks like lunch time today may be the long process of trying to decide what to build.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Thats awesome Caboose, congrats on the child and promotion.

I haven't really played since your last build either i think, but i think i may have mad the same "mistake" you did by attempting to rebuild Dragon Age inquisitions Skyhold.

Work has been so crazy I usually dont get time to minecraft until close to midnight.

I hope to see you online some time.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Hey Devlin, thanks.

Yeah I think I just tried to do too much with that one and didn't really take in to account the time required to do it. I'm eyeing that island to the SW of Enc, looks like a pretty good size for what I am thinking of doing. If it is already claimed I am sure there are a few other spots out there I can build on.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    PvtCaboose wrote: »
    Hey Devlin, thanks.

Yeah I think I just tried to do too much with that one and didn't really take in to account the time required to do it. I'm eyeing that island to the SW of Enc, looks like a pretty good size for what I am thinking of doing. If it is already claimed I am sure there are a few other spots out there I can build on.

d9vxCxzo

I got an iron farm, villager engine, and almost have autofarms up, so if you need supplies just stop on by. We're connected to the south netherroad if you want fast travel (and there is a rail line to us which you could tap into pretty easy).

Most of this area around me is totally empty.

Enc on
  • Options
    PvtCaboose wrote: »
    Hey Devlin, thanks.

I got an iron farm, villager engine, and almost have autofarms up, so if you need supplies just stop on by. We're connected to the south netherroad if you want fast travel (and there is a rail line to us which you could tap into pretty easy).

Most of this area around me is totally empty.

Ha ha ha, that picture made me smile one of those big goofy smiles. Sounds like a plan to me, I may "borrow" a few supplies to get started so big thanks for that. The first trip down I am going to probably boat it over, like jumping in at the start and doing the regular trek. After that it will be nether road trips for sure.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    grey wrote: »
    /spawn wither 150

Oh, just change all the air blocks to withers.

• Options
    grey wrote: »
    /spawn wither 150

Oh, just change all the air blocks to withers.

Whoa whoa that is a bit over the top I think. Nice call back to the old threat though.

Let's dial it back to all source Water blocks. That way it is intense but not full crazy.

• Options
    I'm reminded of the end of the Ispawnbul map, where thousands of Ghasts appeared over Castle Deswen.

I fear.

(Time to build an underground utopia safe from the withers... for a while at least.)

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    So let's say Saturday night, 9 E/8 C, summon a wither in the arena, log in a little ahead of time to get armor and weapons and boat over?

I think the closest portal on the nether road network is Salty_cat's and then it's a short northeast boat paddling.

• Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    So let's say Saturday night, 9 E/8 C, summon a wither in the arena, log in a little ahead of time to get armor and weapons and boat over?

I think the closest portal on the nether road network is Salty_cat's and then it's a short northeast boat paddling.

100% on board with that. I'll be there.

• Options
    I'm reminded of the end of the Ispawnbul map, where thousands of Ghasts appeared over Castle Deswen.

I fear.

(Time to build an underground utopia safe from the withers... for a while at least.)

The downfall of Ispawnbul was pretty awesome.

• Options
    In the mythos of the SE++ servers, Ispawnbul map was like Ancient Atlantis. There were certainly civilizations that predated it, we know vaguely of them, but their history was mostly lost to us. Then in the Golden Age, Ispawnbul saw the glorious expansion and birth of legendary heroes. Until the downfall came. Until the cultists began to run amok, chief among them the dark harbringer Skyt. Frostheim, then a legendary army the world had never seen, fought long and hard to stop them. Such battles could never be seen again on this cubic earth. But in the end, they fell and the world ended in darkness.

The survivors escaped to Haven, where new threats and organizations emerged. This is like our dark ages, where legacies were founded that still cast a shadow on the present. Briarthorn emerges from the swamp, Witherbleak from the cold, the Imperium and Solara. More still!

Spawnsylvaia is like a brief but glorious renassance, leading us to the near history of our grandparents in Victor's Bounty.

But now is the present, back in the current realms. And perhaps it wont be Skyt or other external threats that destroy us now. Perhaps it will be ourselves, through our hubris of summoning all the withers.

Tune in this Saturday to find out!

• Options
    It would be cool when a new map launches, that the old spawn would be carried over to somewhere on the map, but decrepit and destroyed, not a torch to be see and full of monsters.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    You can't change blocks into entities! That's not how it works! Good DAY!

BahamutZERO.gif