As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what's going on around Village Parm? There are some straight lines of what looks like granite. Road or rail a'building?

planning out a road.
    Stage 1 is to mostly have it around the village with some north and south connections, but not to expand it across the continent yet.
    Stage 2 might be a continental horse-worthy road but it will depend a lot of other people living on the landmass and where it is fair game to build or connect to.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Streaming for a bit while I design my bunker!

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Done for now.

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Here's a massive picture of Spawnissima from blueline #9.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Spawnissima Public Archery Range Opens

Paradiso Press, June 21 2016

Today was the grand opening of the public archery range of Spawnissima, the first in the city since the closing of the small range by the Monster Hunters Guild.

Arch_range_zps1ycu5wnp.png

The archery range offers four levels of practice, from beginner

Arch_Beginner_zpshsvgytdb.png

which features crude monster dummies (great for kids just starting out!) to the intermediate large targets:
    Arch_intermediate_zpse3crnb8k.png

which light up in the middle when hit. For more advanced archers, there is an advanced area:

Arch_advanced_zpsp5djsuti.png

with a scoring system for distance for greater difficulties. When stationary targets are not enough, though, there is the expert level of moving targets:

Arch_expert_zpsaqdmqun2.png

Any person can try any or all of the levels or take a break at the clubhouse by the Advanced range.

Directions:
    Straight off the third Blue Line Spawndola stop.

Arch_map_zpsychhrnhg.png

Q&A
    How much does it cost?
    The archery range is free to the public. It is there so people may practice their essential archery skills.

Do I need to bring my own bow/arrows?
    Not at all! At the main entrance is a double chest of bows and arrows available for anyone.

Will the nearby Briarthorn Embassy have to deal with stray arrows?
    Possibly.

• Options
    Three Wither skulls in under 5 mins.

That's a record right? It pays to be part of WItherbleak I guess.

• Options
    Ok, so the western continent road project in underway.
    It is mostly at its limits right now (still some decoration) but wanted to get in touch with people on the continent to coordinate where to go with it instead of building it through people's stuff.
    The further north and further south have several builds and maneuvering the road around/between/through them would be nice.
    I am going to post a map with potential ideas tomorrow, but if anyone on the west continent wants to pipe in would be appreciated.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    As a point of interest, Vrtra and I have confirmed you can have an archery battle between the range and the Briarthorn Embassy balcony.

We have stocked up on arrows (just in case).

• Options
    So it's been about a month since my last State of the Briarwealth:

oPHBCB8A

The southern Ramparts are now complete, and the main keep is mostly built for the shell. Currently there are the following layers (Shown by height):

200-250: Elytrya Relay Tower (roof under construction, but elevator reaches it)
    190: Upper Balcony (Complete)
    170: Highkeep Rafters (Mostly just a shell)
    150: Skygarden & Highkeep (Mostly just a shell)
    120: Airship Hanger ([REDACTED])
    100: The Towers (residences, mostly complete)
    80: Upper Briarthorn Hall (dining, libraries, animals, iron farm, villager engine, autofarms, complete)
    60: Lower Briarthorn Hall (resources, kitchen, other materials)
    60/Alt: Brarthorn Bank
    50: Beacon Control (complete)
    26-49: (Pending)
    25: [REDACTED]
    10: Slime Cellar (90% complete)

• Options
    Rancho Caballero is now connected to the Continental Road. Should make getting horses from there a bit easier since the nether's horse-eating nature won't need to be risked.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Here's my take on the Continental Road extension for the South. @eldercore

usytb59mwaoz.png

The Road doesn't have to cut across the Northern island all the way, just in case someone wants a build there, or it can be hidden underground to preserve the area, either way I can help with building it. The Ocean bridge splits to the west to connect the road to the Monastery of Basilus, that way we can return monks back to the building if we wanted. It also extends to the East towards Witherbleak, giving the City a stable food source.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    There is now an awesome place to ditch enchanted books you don't want and adopt books that you do! Head over to the Storehaus Basement!5pc4bv5604o6.png

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    A library!

...Also, there's a working minimap mod for 1.9 now?

• Options
    There is now an awesome place to ditch enchanted books you don't want and adopt books that you do! Head over to the Storehaus Basement!5pc4bv5604o6.png

Really diggin that floor design.

+1 :)

• Options
    West Continent Road Plan

Red line is existing road
    Blue dashed line is current tentative plan
    Yellow dashed line is potential plan depending on feedback

Plans are super rough at this point and the map lines are more of a general location - actual location may vary depending on terrain.

A few of these road ideas incorporate existing builds more than others, which is where the feedback would be great.

North
    northroad_plan.jpg

South
    southroad_plan.jpg

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I am OUTRAGED that Skyhold gets bypassed completely in the north line.
    I may do a road to my build since i dont know how the build will be shaping up.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Unsure what asc_cathode's handle is on the forums, but he's the guy who's building Coyote Cove and you should definitely ask him about some of those plans because the second line from the left of the North map goes straight through some of his walls.

Is there an official name for the west continental road?

• Options
    eldercore wrote: »
    West Continent Road Plan

South
    southroad_plan.jpg

I'm fine with either of the road layouts, although I like the yellow path leading to Witherbleak more since it gives me a chance to build a nice bridge.

• Options
    If the yellow line to Witherbleak is picked, there could still be a blue line, but one that keeps going south to the border instead of turning.

• Options
    Unsure what asc_cathode's handle is on the forums, but he's the guy who's building Coyote Cove and you should definitely ask him about some of those plans because the second line from the left of the North map goes straight through some of his walls.

yea, i looked through previous thread and i was pretty sure he had posted something but i was not able to find it to contact him.
    that route was just an idea if he wanted to be connected that way.

• Options
    If the yellow line to Witherbleak is picked, there could still be a blue line, but one that keeps going south to the border instead of turning.

yea, i think that sounds like what we will do for the south

• Options
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

I'm fine with either of the road layouts, although I like the yellow path leading to Witherbleak more since it gives me a chance to build a nice bridge.

do you want to choose a place for the bridge in the narrows or should we prep the road first and then you can connect?

• Options
    edited June 2016
    wrong thread

nuka on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    eldercore wrote: »

do you want to choose a place for the bridge in the narrows or should we prep the road first and then you can connect?

Prepping the road first sounds fine to me.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    @Cathode Ray Tube

• Options
    i think we have two cathodes

• Options
    I was pretty sure CRT was Coyote Cove.

• Options
    Currently streaming.

Remember I'll always ask permission from those who are currently playing, and I'll ask permission again if I visit anyone's builds

• Options
    So, I'm setting up a united nations council at Briarthorn soon. Flag submissions for anyone who wants a seat at the table are welcome (friend and foe alike)!

For those familiar with the build, it will be the level that is currently named Sky Garden, and can be seen on the dynmap as the hall at the very top of the keep.

• Options
    Some crazy antics will occur when Witherbleak is sitting next to a Briarthorn official.

That much I can say for certain.

• Options
    Some crazy antics will occur when Witherbleak is sitting next to a Briarthorn official.

That much I can say for certain.

Just silent under-table kicking the entire council session.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Where can the Flamingo Empire submit its flag? I wonder if I should use the night or day version...

• Options
    I will have something set up by the weekend, but not quite yet. :)

• Options
    KhepraKhepra Registered User regular
    Heya, asc_cathode here. Sorry I haven't been around much, RL eating up my time so gaming has felt the pinch. Still hoping to come back and finish up my build one good weather day, but it might be a while... :/ Anyway, just letting you all know that the road connection to and through Coyote Cove as presented in the picture via eldercore is fine as far as I'm concerned. I've punched a hole in the southern wall for the road to run to, and put up some pillars by the northern wall for the exit. I would, however, appreciate it if you guys would refrain from building within the walled area proper -- once the road runs from both sides I'll try and find an hour or two to work the connection inside the city. Appreciate the consideration fellas!

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I wanted to pop in and apologize for taking such a nice island near spawn and then doing nothing with it. I had intended to make a tower for flying off of and whatnot but I haven't been feeling like playing much lately.

It's this island shown below:

WRdNjjV.jpg

If anyone wants to build anything on the island, please go ahead and do so. Below the surface I have a mine and some automatic redstone stuff that isn't really important so if someone wanted to build down there that is also fine.

Sometime soon I'll come on and knockdown what I had started on the surface and put a sign up so folks know they can build there. I'll leave the nether portal up since it's connected in the nether and labeled, but again feel free to move it or whatever.

I also have a bunch of decent gear I'll put in the storehaus for anyone to use.

• Options
    Khepra wrote: »
    Heya, asc_cathode here. Sorry I haven't been around much, RL eating up my time so gaming has felt the pinch. Still hoping to come back and finish up my build one good weather day, but it might be a while... :/ Anyway, just letting you all know that the road connection to and through Coyote Cove as presented in the picture via eldercore is fine as far as I'm concerned. I've punched a hole in the southern wall for the road to run to, and put up some pillars by the northern wall for the exit. I would, however, appreciate it if you guys would refrain from building within the walled area proper -- once the road runs from both sides I'll try and find an hour or two to work the connection inside the city. Appreciate the consideration fellas!

we already extended the north road - but feel free to connect Coyote Cove to it in any fashion you would like.

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    My game keeps crashing. For a while it was doing it every day, but now it is more sporadic. Any ideas?

fr17qjegq12d.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What mods are you using

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Yeah that looks like some mod is randomly borking.