Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I'm streaming minecraft again tonight! PM me if you wanna watch!

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Nevermind, it kept freezing up on me and when I tried restarting the stream itself it wouldn't allow me to.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    @Glitterkitten has been working like crazy and has built the great western continental highway (aka The Road) all the way to the southern border.

I've built some simple road connections to Coyote Cove, Thrudville, and the Monastery of Basilus so if anyone is unhappy with those connections, please let me know. Those can be rebuilt or changed.

There was some discussion in the game chat about digging a tunnel under the channel separating the West and North continents so there can be a horse-rideable road connection between them. This chunnel's entrance in the west has been proposed for Coyote Cove or the surrounding area, as the channel is narrowest there. @Khepra if you're around, do you have any thoughts/suggestions?

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    i thought maybe a huge bridge over the water would look cooler.
    a tunnel is practical, but if we do one maybe we can think of an idea to make it interesting in some way?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    eldercore wrote: »
    i thought maybe a huge bridge over the water would look cooler.
    a tunnel is practical, but if we do one maybe we can think of an idea to make it interesting in some way?

Well I mean it would have to be glass right?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/72GtLQRyGnk/maxresdefault.jpg

Like those classic arcade games!

• Options
    i just feel like the 'glass-domed underwater road' had been done before, shrug

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    I don't like that you couldn't see a chunnel from Dynamap. But I don't object, I just wish there were fish or something to look at.

• Options
    @Cathode Ray Tube built a magnificent glass-topped underwater tunnel on Newlurf, part of the amazing giant railway system on that world. I would be perfectly fine with something like that being done again.

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So Skeleton riders don't spawn in areas that snow, which means I have to import Skeleton horses for my army, which is very unbleak.

This is some cruel joke by some higher power.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    @MetaHybrid - Don't worry, there is at least one skeleton horse at VP that you can claim. I'm sure if you wanted, we can all stop killing them and can ride them to a location for you. I know ghost and I usually kill the horses after we spring the trap, just so we don't have to think about them later. I will abolish that practice immediately and start a collection for you!

• Options
    @MetaHybrid - Don't worry, there is at least one skeleton horse at VP that you can claim. I'm sure if you wanted, we can all stop killing them and can ride them to a location for you. I know ghost and I usually kill the horses after we spring the trap, just so we don't have to think about them later. I will abolish that practice immediately and start a collection for you!

That's great! I plan on making a border crossing station, as well as a stables near my side of the bridge, so we'll be able to drop them off there when I complete it.

In the meantime, I've added on an Armory to the Wither spawning platform in the Nether. Everyone who farms for wither skulls to use the item storage, and fire res potions inside. It also has a full set of diamond armour, along with a looting sword and enchanted Bow. I plan on moving in a Priest and Blacksmith so you can trade in the gold, coal, and flesh you collect from drops as well.

Still not sure if I've made it safe from blaze spawns though.

• Options
    So I guess I'm getting random Skeleton Horses spawning near WItherbleak now, without any riders. Doesn't make any sense since riders can't spawn in snow areas.

This area is beginning to spook me.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    It was Maya all along.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    So, does anyone know who was building that big round thing at -2626, -911? There wasn't a sign, just some horses with sweet names. Also when I went through the portal to see if it went anywhere near the road network, then went back in, I ended up in a mob-filled hole deep beneath Lingbakr with no apparent way out and kinda had to cheat a way through.

• Options
    i dont know, but i saw it on the map which is why i balked at extending the road further up there.

it seems like a lot of places i have run into while working on the road are missing signs.
    signs, people! put your signs up!

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It's wookie's build. Between him and me is Hartech. Also you can blame wookie for any anomalies under my build, he had a giant build that he uprooted.

ruddeh on
    oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    Around the road leading into the Mesa (x-505, z+1534) me and Glitter have made an outpost that can be reached by Nether, Horse, or Boat to be used to further travel by Nether, Horse, or Boat. The nether tunnel has signs and is off the upper south nether road, a few turns after the curved road to Village Parmigiana.

There are Horses/Saddles and Boats at this outpost, along with some amenities including beds, crafting benches, forges, nether chest, food, etc.

This might be a great place to move out into the Mesa and other parts in the southern part of map!
    javaw%202016-07-11%2000-20-17-16.bmp
    javaw%202016-07-11%2000-21-08-23.bmp

**Mesa road under construction**

• Options
    anyone have some spare Granite that you can donate to Glitterwitch to save her blistered mining hands?

any donations you can leave in the chests in the Village Parmigiana workshop.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    @Cathode Ray Tube built a magnificent glass-topped underwater tunnel on Newlurf, part of the amazing giant railway system on that world. I would be perfectly fine with something like that being done again.

I did do that! It was a big pain but eventually I figured out how to use doors to limit flooding and only build as far as I could go without drowning. Also I got enough sand at the bottom of the ocean to build all the glass I needed.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I left a bunch of Granite in your Parmigiana workshop, I dropped a double chest by the door since I wasn't sure where you'd want it.

I also put some diamonds and emeralds in the gold chest in the storehaus at spawn

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Public Service Announcement:

Are your feet tired? Have you been dying for a steady supply of enderpearls so you can teleport about the countryside? Are you bored of slaughtering endless hordes of skeletons and zombies to power your enchanting and smithing? Then your prayers are answered! The long-awaited Enderfarm exists once again.

Included Features: enclosed road, with railway, from The End entrance; enchanting and smithing area; extra anvils and lapis (in case you forget to bring some); enderchest; enderpearl storage hallway.

No longer included: a bouncy rail in kill zone (with swords able to cleave huge groups of endermen at once now, I found the rail was just an annoyance -- feel free to add it in if you loved it though!).

My testing seems to indicate that the spawn rate is a little slower this time around, which could be version-related, server config, who knows. My current "best time" is from level 0 to level 30 in 4m34s.

Vrtra Theory on
    Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I can vouch for the grinder, repairing 4 tools from red durability in less than 10 minutes is really nice.

Just don't bring a looting sword. You will drown in ender pearls

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Dang sever seems to be down. :(

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Need a horse? How about a pack mule? Come down to Village Parmigiana! q0i70s7axqsc.png

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Found another stone sculpture in the south, it also has a book titled ABUTO, I couldn't investigate further because as soon as @Vrtra Theory disconnected a horde of enemies spawned around me.

496tckdiwxvb.png

Location is at -1810x, 1670z

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    I've been pretty busy down south making the WItherbleak again. This makes my third attempt, but I'm liking it a lot more than the last iteration

Here is the main east entrance.
    h1l7tz8ey95h.png

And the smaller souuthern entrance
    3zwvb9pcm976.png

Here's a large album of WItherbleak with descriptions of the build.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    holy smokes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    @MetaHybrid and I also found the third end portal on the map, on the northern continent. The downward shaft to it is at -137, -1763, in the middle of a pond. Someone had been there before (a zombie spawner there had torches on it and there was a mining shaft) but we opened the portal.

The second one was the one floating in the sea at 1847, 918 (near the eastern border). I opened that portal and built a ladder shaft to it for easier access.

• Options
    Ludeman99Ludeman99 Registered User regular
    Hey everyone just wanted to pop in and say hi! As Ms. Ludeman gets ready to pop with kiddo #3 this summer's available MC time has dwindled to nada. Hope everyone is enjoying things and as always feel free to use casa-de-lbitner99 as needed!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    My plan in wiping out passive animals all around Witherbleak has paid off. I finally have a single wolf at my wall, hoping to find another one so I can get a wolf guard going.

@Glitterkitten If you want to bring your wolf here and breed it with mine feel free, its waiting at the stables, although I'm not sure who the becomes the owner of the pup.

EDIT: The owner of the wolf breed last will be the new owner of the pup.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    @MetaHybrid I tried to breed my wolf with yours, but it didn't work. I think because yours were sitting down? I left my girl in your stables so we can try when we are both on. You can tell which is mine because her collar is magenta.

• Options
    Can an admin whitelist "LoneWanderer102"

He's a friend of mine that wants to play on the server.

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    Done. He knows the rules, I hope.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Man I need to get back on and play. With all the summer daylight its hard to sit at the computer though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Man I need to get back on and play. With all the summer daylight its hard to sit at the computer though.

I've been building Witherbleak NE of that area you were planning to build in the south. I could always use a neighbour.

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    are there any plans to update the map at all? O:

I'd like to see the polar bears :3

PassionateLovie on
  • Options
    GlyphGryphGlyphGryph Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I only just picked this game up (late to the party I know) and and was considering checking out the PA server and seeing what my fellow forumites have been up to all this time.

I have one important question though: Is server teleportation enabled and/or would it be possible to get teleport permissions granted to my character? I've got the VR version (still completely compatible with the server though, no worries there) and it's a lot less straining if I can use the standard Vivecraft controls.

GlyphGryph on
  • Options
    GlyphGryph wrote: »
    I only just picked this game up (late to the party I know) and and was considering checking out the PA server and seeing what my fellow forumites have been up to all this time.

I have one important question though: Is server teleportation enabled and/or would it be possible to get teleport permissions granted to my character? I've got the VR version (still completely compatible with the server though, no worries there) and it's a lot less straining if I can use the standard Vivecraft controls.

The only teleports we have on the server at the moment are at the Spawn City since it's floating, and getting around can be tough. I'm not sure how the admins feel about giving private permissions to players.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Sorry, @GlyphGryph (P.S. awesome name + avatar combo), teleportation isn't turned on and we don't plan on enabling it.

Steam ID: highentropy