As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gotham] Gotham's brain is a bag full of cats

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Was anyone upset about an Asian Professor Strange?

At this point, Professor Strange is just about the best thing in this show behind Penguin.

Season 1 Bullock had the potential to be great, but I guess that's just never going to happen.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Things Gotham has done right:

Penguin (amazingly cast and probably the best thing about the show).
    Bullock is fantastic and the show should be about him.
    Falcione was great.
    B.D. Wong as Hugo Strange ended up being fantastic. He was creepy and over the top, just like Hugo Strange needed to be.
    Set design is awesome. I like how it's like a city stuck in time, almost like it's still the fifties with cell phones.

Things Gotham has done wrong:

Everything else
    Neutering the majority of Batman's rogue gallery

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Accurate. That I don't actually care about the parts it gets wrong allows me to enjoy it quite a bit more than the "proper" CW DC offerings.

Flash, for example, annoys the shit out me when things are stupid. Gotham just tends to evoke an "Oh, you."

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    Also Fish Mooney. She was an interesting character that should have been axed halfway through the Penguin rises to power story. No Dollmaker Island or voice command powers.

She has long lived past her usefulness.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Heading into season 3, Gotham isn’t the only thing that’s getting older.

Maggie Geha (Ted 2) joins the cast as a series regular in the role of Poison Ivy. Although the character has previously existed in the world of Gotham, Geha will play an older Ivy. According to her character description, “Following an encounter with a monster from Indian Hill, Ivy Pepper finds herself reborn, and one step closer to the DC villain she is destined to become: Poison Ivy. Now a 19-year-old woman who’s harnessed the full power of her charms, she sets her sights on Bruce Wayne.”

2c3c3c29dd63a39114b0408636dad1d9.jpg

Welp, I was wrong -- this is going to be creepier than the Silver St. Cloud thing. Especially since it took a little effort to find an image that wasn't a bit NSFW.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

Maggie Geha (Ted 2) joins the cast as a series regular in the role of Poison Ivy. Although the character has previously existed in the world of Gotham, Geha will play an older Ivy. According to her character description, “Following an encounter with a monster from Indian Hill, Ivy Pepper finds herself reborn, and one step closer to the DC villain she is destined to become: Poison Ivy. Now a 19-year-old woman who’s harnessed the full power of her charms, she sets her sights on Bruce Wayne.”

Welp, I was wrong -- this is going to be creepier than the Silver St. Cloud thing. Especially since it took a little effort to find an image that wasn't a bit NSFW.

So she's a 13-year-old with the body of a 19-year old out to seduce a 14-year-old.

Check.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

So she's a 13-year-old with the body of a 19-year old out to seduce a 14-year-old.

Check.

Come on, you know we get in trouble if the mods catch us talking anime.

• Options
    I was joking when I was talking about them aging up Ivy Pepper. :?

They are literally aging her up. Yep, definitely creepier than the Silver St. Cloud story.

Whelp, you win again Gotham, is there no end to your shenanigans?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

Check.

Body of a 28-year-old, technically, if you wanted to feel a little less at ease. Let's see if they take GoT's relatively chaste handling of such a pairing as a guide or a challenge.

• Options

Check.

Body of a 28-year-old, technically, if you wanted to feel a little less at ease. Let's see if they take GoT's relatively chaste handling of such a pairing as a guide or a challenge.

Well, just going from the in-universe description, its 19... 28-year-olds have been playing teenagers for ages, so that's par for the course.

But yes, increasing creepiness levels.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

Check.

Well, just going from the in-universe description, its 19... 28-year-olds have been playing teenagers for ages, so that's par for the course.

So he's actually 15 and she's 28 and she's going to fight with Cat Teen (age 17) over him.

We sure these aren't teen boys writing next season?

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Check.

So he's actually 15 and she's 28 and she's going to fight with Cat Teen (age 17) over him.

The twist is that she's a Time Lord Time Lady. That's why she remains young and sexy when Bruce becomes Batman.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options

Check.

Positive.

Oh, "aren't teen boys"? No, I think they're keeping the current team together.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Catwoman's also bisexual in the comics now... So maybe...

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Catwoman's also bisexual in the comics now... So maybe...

Don't give them ideas!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Selina and Barbara had a fun dynamic, they should bring that back.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Ew, that Barbara/Selina stuff was so creepy when they were doing it that I never want that brought back.

This is the problem when you introduce most of the primary characters as kids and try and write them like adults. Things get unnerving.

Edit: Case in point, Silver St. Cloud being used as a honey trap. Yuck.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Ew, that Barbara/Selina stuff was so creepy when they were doing it that I never want that brought back.

This is the problem when you introduce most of the primary characters as kids and try and write them like adults. Things get unnerving.

Eh, what was creepy about Barbara & Selina? The fact that Barbara caught Selina squatting in her apartment and then just let her stay because she had no more fucks left to give? That was, like, the one tolerable story Barbara had in season one.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Eh, what was creepy about Barbara & Selina? The fact that Barbara caught Selina squatting in her apartment and then just let her stay because she had no more fucks left to give? That was, like, the one tolerable story Barbara had in season one.

I think it was more the "Rich Gotham socialite plays dress-up with a homeless girl she caught squatting in her apartment" thing.
    It might be something else, but that was the bit that creeped me out.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

I think it was more the "Rich Gotham socialite plays dress-up with a homeless girl she caught squatting in her apartment" thing.
    It might be something else, but that was the bit that creeped me out.

This was the scene that took it to creepy territory. It was just uncomfortable in how they framed it.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

Even the term "honey trap" sounds pervy.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    And more guest stars for Gotham:
    Gotham Casts Mob Scion Mario Falcone.

Why not? We'll have Bruce Wayne's romance drama (Ivy, Cat Teen, Bruce) and now Gordon's romance drama (Gordon, Lee, Barbara, Mario).

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Gotham really makes the most sense if you consider it a soap opera with a bigger budget.

• Options
    Gotham really makes the most sense if you consider it a soap opera with a bigger budget.

Comic books essentially occupy the same media niche as soap operas: serialized, continuity driven entertainment for an obsessive audience. See also: pro wrestling.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Must have more random plots and people next season!
    gmf4jdw0crvx.gif

You do know that they killed off Bruce's family now.

lwt1973 on
    cow.gif 30.9K
  • Options
    gmf4jdw0crvx.gif

Who?
    I'll see myself out.

• Options
    Walking Dead Alum Joins Gotham Season 3 as Mad Hatter
    Gotham is ready to play some mind games, casting The Walking Dead‘s Benedict Samuel as DC Comics’ brain-manipulating Mad Hatter, aka Jervis Tetch, TVLine has learned.

Per the official casting description provided by Fox and Warner Bros., Tetch is a talented hypnotist teetering on the edge of madness. He arrives in Gotham with an unwavering desire to find his sister, Alice, a young woman who went missing in the city years ago. It is anyone’s guess just how far down the rabbit hole he’s willing to go in order to find her.

Samuel recurred on The Walking Dead in Season 6 as the Wolf that Carol caught Morgan trying to rehabilitate (and ultimately killed). Additional credits include the Robert Zemeckis-directed feature The Walk and the Australian miniseries The Beautiful Lie.

This is Gotham‘s fourth major new hire ahead of Season 3, joining James Carpinello’s Mario Falcone, Jamie Chung’s Valerie Vale and Maggie Geha’s new Poison Ivy.

Gotham‘s third season is set to debut on Monday, Sept. 19 at 8/7.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I hope Gotham veers back towards traditional gangsters vs. emerging super villains with Gordon and the GCPD caught in the middle.

Bring back John Doman as Carmine Falcone, already.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    gmf4jdw0crvx.gif

I don't understand. Would the people who watch this show even know what the court of owls is? I'm not sure that it's managed to make it into the mainstream consciousness.

• Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Walking Dead Alum Joins Gotham Season 3 as Mad Hatter
    Gotham is ready to play some mind games, casting The Walking Dead‘s Benedict Samuel as DC Comics’ brain-manipulating Mad Hatter, aka Jervis Tetch, TVLine has learned.

Per the official casting description provided by Fox and Warner Bros., Tetch is a talented hypnotist teetering on the edge of madness. He arrives in Gotham with an unwavering desire to find his sister, Alice, a young woman who went missing in the city years ago. It is anyone’s guess just how far down the rabbit hole he’s willing to go in order to find her.

Samuel recurred on The Walking Dead in Season 6 as the Wolf that Carol caught Morgan trying to rehabilitate (and ultimately killed). Additional credits include the Robert Zemeckis-directed feature The Walk and the Australian miniseries The Beautiful Lie.

This is Gotham‘s fourth major new hire ahead of Season 3, joining James Carpinello’s Mario Falcone, Jamie Chung’s Valerie Vale and Maggie Geha’s new Poison Ivy.

Gotham‘s third season is set to debut on Monday, Sept. 19 at 8/7.

At this point I'm just glad they went Mad Hatter and not Professor Pyg.

• Options
    Pyg was killled in S2, I think?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

We're talking about the least subtle show on TV and the most obnoxious Bat-baddie. I'm pretty sure we'd notice if he showed up.

• Options
    It wa during that "vigilante ties people to balloons and floats them to death" arc.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

We're talking about the least subtle show on TV and the most obnoxious Bat-baddie. I'm pretty sure we'd notice if he showed up.

No one would blame you if you blocked things about this show from your memory.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    S3 stuff starts at 3:15 in that if anyone wants to skip through.

You know, I want to care about this, but alas...

sig.gif
  • Options
    New Ivy:

Meghan-Geha-Poison-Ivy-Gotham-767x1024.jpg

...yep.

Also, because they're rapidly running out of Bat-baddies to shoehorn in the show, next season will give us the Tweed Brothers.

• Options
    New Ivy:

Meghan-Geha-Poison-Ivy-Gotham-767x1024.jpg

...yep.

Also, because they're rapidly running out of Bat-baddies to shoehorn in the show, next season will give us the Tweed Brothers.

That's a 14-year-old girl, alright.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So, which character makes the "growing like a weed" joke?

Oh, wait. This is Gotham. I'm sure everyone will say that when they meet her.

• Options
    We need more villains.
    Harley Quinn is coming later in the season.

Please not as Barbara.