As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB]Slow and the Serious: Tokyo Draft

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    hmm. that one is pretty borderline fellas

i assume this is Justin Upton we're talking about. Even a bad Justin Upton is still a top bat, and Kershaw is basically untouchable

I am leaning toward honoring this veto

You are allowed to ruin your team, but you're not allowed to give someone two of the best players in the game in exchange for a trauma patient shortstop and an unproven catcher

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Well that's your prerogative and why you make the big bucks.

Regardless, if it doesn't go through I want zero part of Upton so make me an offer ... Or at least anyone but Goose.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Renew our fucking league Jasc!

It's been open all day!

• Options
    for some reason I thought it was tomorrow

done

@The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs i need an email address to hand the keys over to your team

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I won't veto it but that is a dumb trade.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I just don't understand D'arnaud.

At least get Bryant or Springer or Myers or something.

D'arnaud is not a keeper in anything other that full dynasty NL only leagues.

• Options
    i will be proposing that Wins gets converted to Quality Starts this year

the lesser of two evils

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Consummated trade:
    Zen Vulgarity receives:

Michael Brantley and Johnathan Schoop

FortyTwo receives

George Springer and a pick to be determined after Schoop's final ADP is set.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I dunno if "pick to be determined later" is legal but whatever the fuck schoop is will probably be low for low

• Options
    His current ADP would be undrafted.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Probably

I was going to give him a 25 rounder for him or something for parting 42 with an Oriole

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Let's call it an extra second to lastbround. Schoop has some real talent but is raw. He has power coming out of second base. He is a guy that could take the next step offensively if he could learn some discipline.

But I think that is fair. Essentially it is Brantley for Springer with two throw ins.

• Options
    Vetoing trades is mean so I am not ruling on that immediately. Since it's borderline we'll take a formal poll this weekend. I'll bundle proposed rule changes in.

If there's a yahoo-based rule change you want this year, pm me to add it to the ballot. This includes scoring and roster changes

• Options
    I like Schoop's raw power but jesus he's raw as fuck

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone interested in Grienke? I want to move a pitcher.

• Options
    I see 13 walks in 481 PA for an obp of .244 and say no no no.

No one offers me trades.

I have good players!

• Options
    It's the avatar.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    No one offers me trades either. I've had to start any discussions.

• Options
    People got beef with one half of the greatest rap duo in the game?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I am still of the opinion that is shared by many people who play fantasy baseball that you should only veto trades if you think it's collusion or if it's obvious collusion.

If it's just a trade you think is dumb, then just let one side be dumb. A team isn't going to be guaranteed to win the league or anything just be one trade that looks lopsided at the time. There would be a problem if one team makes a bunch of different lopsided trades with one other team because then you could suspect collusion, but one isn't enough.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Jasconius wrote: »
    for some reason I thought it was tomorrow

done

@The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs i need an email address to hand the keys over to your team

thegeebs at gmail.com

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    I see 13 walks in 481 PA for an obp of .244 and say no no no.

No one offers me trades.

I have good players!

Schoop is super raw, of not for his particularly stellar defense he likely would not have been up with the Orioles for precisely that reason. However, there are some that are pegging him to take a big step this year.

• Options
    Don't put the trader to a vote, Zen made his Brantley trade after Jasc said that he was leaning on honoring the veto, so don't just pretend it didn't exist.

Now, who wants Upton!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    i didn't cancel the trade though

i said i was thinking about it

i agree with Schide basically

in the yahoo trade system, players could make superior offers for Kershaw and either player had a day or two to back out

which is basically how it should work here, if you don't like it, beat that terrible offer before super bowl kickoff

• Options
    I never said you did, I'm just saying that was his train of thought in completing the other one then.

It honestly doesn't matter, if he looks at his squad this morning and realizes he can do it then we can go forward with it. It's just that last night he didn't seem as willing because of the Brantley deal.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    I'm officially in the league

• Options

Hooray?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options

Let's see what you got, Epstein.

• Options

Hooray?

that's pretty much my thoughts on it, yeah

• Options
    I never said you did, I'm just saying that was his train of thought in completing the other one then.

It honestly doesn't matter, if he looks at his squad this morning and realizes he can do it then we can go forward with it. It's just that last night he didn't seem as willing because of the Brantley deal.

Okay so wait. There is a chance my trade doesn't happen? Because Zen told me if he gets Upton he has no room for Brantley.

And I don't really have another match for him.

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    t2tstkcjzt2k.jpg

Once again here is my roster.

Pretty much not giving up:
    Machado
    Rendon
    Zimmerman
    Britton
    Gordon
    Davis or V Mart (if I trade one, I won't the other)

Everyone else, they could be had in the right deal.

Brantley, I suppose is still in limbo pending approval of the commish/ league?

Looking for SP, 2B, C,

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »

Okay so wait. There is a chance my trade doesn't happen? Because Zen told me if he gets Upton he has no room for Brantley.

And I don't really have another match for him.

No you're good, your trade is going to go through fine.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Last year my power numbers were down largely because Hardy hit for like no power, out of nowhere, and my bet of Davis' second half never materialized. Plus Matt Adams never really got it together and Gordon only got really hit in the fucking post season....grumble...

I should have a decent power team, especially with Springer there now. I need OBP, and at least one really solid SP.

• Options
    They OK'd Davis to go back on his meds so that might help.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Quick keeper rundown for the benefit of geebs

@The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs

Every year you can keep up to 9 players. You pay for your keepers by losing draft picks. Players who were drafted a previous year and not waived at any point in the season are assigned a keeper value of what round they were drafted last year + a dynasty penalty

This is designed so that you cannot draft 18 year old Mike Trout in round 20 and keep him for a 20th for eternity. So every year we increase the round penalty of a player by a certain amount (amounts written on keepers tab of draft sheet)

Once a player is worth a 6th rounder or better, there is no more penalty, he just costs his round value

You can keep two players who have the same cost by paying a higher cost. If you have two players worth a 6th rounder, you can pay a 5th and 6th round pick to keep both players. The player you paid that 5th for is now considered a 5th round value forever (unless a similar scenario moves him up again)

You inherit keeper values in trades, so you need to watch out for who you are trading for... if you have three great players rounds 1-3, and you trade for a 1st rounder, you can't keep all four players.

If you are keeping a player who was acquired from free agency, his value is his Average Draft Position from a reliable mock draft system. We take a snapshot of ADP before keepers are due and we go by that.

It sounds complicated... maybe it is complicated... but it has made for pretty good parity so far.

Right now there is no keeper due date. It will probably be sometime after valentines, with the draft starting just before spring training

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Were we supposed to be voting on quality starts this weekend? I've been playing around with the old spreadsheet so much I haven't really been paying attention ... is there a new spreadsheet available? I need to bookmark that shit.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    "9 Keepers per year
    Keepers cost draft picks next year as follows

Round 1-6 (from prior years draft): +0 rounds
    Round 7-9: +1 rounds
    Round 10-15: +2 rounds
    Round 16+: +3 rounds"

• Options
    2015 sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8vBSNTT1kVTvWyiNputog989UsZeYR9FWrOGndECS8/edit#gid=2

i was probably going to publish the survey on monday, so I could wait for people to suggest changes

• Options
    I'm always getting slightly confused about this.

If you trade a keeper do you still have to pay the keeper cost or is it the person receiving pay the keeper cost?

I'm fairly certain I know the answer but I just want to be sure.

• Options
    the person who owns the player has to pay the draft pick

This discussion has been closed.