As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]"Who's knocking on my door like the police?"

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    pfft wait til Rousey pisses hot

dont even joke.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Christ, put that pic in anti doping campaigns. Piss is going to be ice cold after that.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    What the fuck, Cro Cop is fighting? I can't watch. That's not right.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    It's hard to think of an athlete who's skull was so deformed by GH.

Short of powerlifters and bodybuilders (pushing the term "athlete" a bit there) I think you're on the money. That's almost Brian Stann levels of jawline there.

Campy on
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    BJPenn.com decided to post this, here's what they had to say.

"On the eve of WMMA's most historic night, we share a female throwdown from the heavyweight division. Catch UFC 184: Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano MMA Fighter tomorrow night on pay-per-view. Enjoy the clip!"

http://youtu.be/MN9gAlea2yw

Being a fan of this sport is fucking embarrassing sometimes.

Then there's this. http://wbbjj.com/jiu-jitsu-instructor-disavows-students-blue-belt/

Keith Owen makes it sound like the student did something horrible, turns out her contract was up and she went to another gym and couldn't hang with the people there so she had them re-rank her. Because her previous gym's quality was shit.

One last one, everyone's seen the video of Pedro Sauer beating up body builder Lance Bachelor aka Mr Utah. It's used as a Gracie promo video a lot.
    Here's another Mr Utah match.

http://youtu.be/voCYLn19mHA

Chessboxing909 on
    "I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    pfft wait til Rousey pisses hot

dont even joke.

after Anderson, she's pretty much the only fighter left who could get a reaction out of fans if she pissed hot, like at this point I wouldn't even be surprised of cain or aldo came positive

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nah if Jones pissed hot for steroids your guys hate boners would need to be drained from all the blood gorging them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Is anyone actually buying this card?

• Options
    BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    The UG, r/MMA, Junkie and Sherdog forums would all implode like never before if Bones popped. There'd be a ton of noise if The Notorious One returned a positive test too.

B:L wrote: »
    Kimbo would beat Brendan Schaub

Funnily enough Schaub and Kimbo spent quite a bit of time together. Whenever Kimbo's name comes up Big Brown speaks very fondly of him.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nah if Jones pissed hot for steroids your guys hate boners would need to be drained from all the blood gorging them.
    "If"? Hey guys, remember Jones' odd T/E levels when he failed the drug test that popped him for cocaine?

Me neither because the UFC swept it under a rug.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    It's hard to think of an athlete who's skull was so deformed by GH.

Short of powerlifters and bodybuilders (pushing the term "athlete" a bit there) I think you're on the money. That's almost Brian Stann levels of jawline there.

Bodybuilders aren't athletes?

That certainly is an opinion.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    So how bout dat invicta

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that baboon looking creature is going to fight Honda Housey in the next year.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    GFishyGFishy Registered User regular
    Which one?

• Options
    It was a female of it's species, dragged it's knuckles the whole way to the ring before destroying Charmaine Tweet in 46 seconds.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    that seems a little out of line

• Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    That was a weird standing stoppage by dean. She was clearly being outclassed, but I don't think she was out or anything.

• Options
    Sparvy wrote: »

I have no respect for someone that's abused steroids to that extent.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    oh no. kid yamamoto fights tonight. nooooooooo

*hyperventilating*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    In Kid's defense, he could win this fight. Maybe.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    once kid loses and retires

that will mean the guy who more or less inspired me into MMA is finally done

and i can officially put my young dreams on the shelf

it will be a nice new reality to accept.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/28/8126997/ufc-welcome-to-the-show-press-conference-brawl-rumble-johnson-vs-jon-jones-troll-dana-white

Nieky Holzken training with Vitor, awesome. Holzken is my favorite striker out there, guy is a monster, does the sort of stuff I'd love to do, it's the style of striking I've been trying to pull off. Unfortunately I'm not very good at this shit and tend to just brawl.

http://youtu.be/_pHBDE4G6wI

By the way just throwing it out there after my rant about striking in MMA still being behind in MMA. Watch the outside leg kick by Vitor around 10:50 then watch Holzken throw it. See how Holzken's head is off the center line while Vitor's hasn't moved? That kinda stuff is still being learned by a lot of MMA camps, I'm sure most of them are aware of it, some MMA guys have it down but it's just not a regular thing yet and it's going to be down the road.
    And Vitor doesn't look bad here at all, not saying that. Just saying MMA guys will start to get more of these kind of details and it's going to make a big difference.

Chessboxing909 on

• Options

Nah. We make fun of the males of the sport like Vitor and Overeem when their bodies look different before/after PEDs.

Cyborg isn't special just because she's female.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    its gonna be great though
    when she eventually fights and destroys housey
    it will be e. Honda who tests positive

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

• Options
    edited February 2015

Nah. We make fun of the males of the sport like Vitor and Overeem when their bodies look different before/after PEDs.

Cyborg isn't special just because she's female.
    The problem is people having made fun of Cyborg since she started, so it still makes me feel all squicky when people chime in and call her a gorilla or whatever.

Pamma.gif

Anyway, I noticed on the UFC fantasy stuff that the PA group has vanished. I don't know how that works, but I always enjoyed seeing everyone's (the 4 of us who regularly picked stuff) picks and the points and whatever.

So, I made us a new fantasy footballMMA group: PAMMA

If you guys are quick enough and haven't ever signed up, go head, you have an hour before the first fight tonight and can still make picks on any fight that hasn't happened yet.

Everyone who already had a membership (I assume) was kicked from the old group and should still have to join this new one!

Edit: Also, I wanted to brag that I got 10/10 picks for the Bendo/Thatch card and ranked #32 in the entire world for picks on said card. That's awesome. Before then I had only once or twice (barely) cracked the top 500.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    In which I like Jon Jones for about a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG4tfdYytEk

• Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    I just assume it was all Rumble's idea and Jones was too coked up to turn him down when he mentioned it.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Fights are live, bros

Edit: These guys aren't going to be anything special in the long game, but this fight is fun.

1-1 going into the 3rd. Aww, they hugged at the start of the 3rd. Good stuff.

I think Fullen has some fantastic combinations pulled from his tae kawn do background, but I don't think his chin is good enough for effective stand up.

I have it 29-28 for Fullen, let's see how these judges are tonight.

Ooh, split decision, but it went to the right guy with Fullen. Huzzah.

1-0 for picks tonight.

and Krause loses a meh decision and fucks me early. 1-1 for picks now.

Lewis nearly loses to Ruan Potts of all fucking people, but successfully TKO's him in in round 2 making me 2-1.

I still can't believe Means was the underdog against Lima in this fight. Means destroys Lima leaving me at 3-1.

Yamamoto looking good in the first. Accidental poke and Salazar can't see. It didn't look that bad, but Salazar claims he can't see. I don't want to bad talk Salazar, but he really didn't seem either hurt, nor adamant that he couldn't see. He wanted McCarthy to stop the fight with his vague and slight answers, not because he said "Fuck, I can't see; there's no way I can fight" it was "Man, it's kinda blurry" "I don't know, uh" CAN YOU FIGHT "I mean, barely" CAN YOU FIGHT "I can only see out of one eye"

Munoz needs to retire. Now. 3-2

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    tough loss for Munoz, he just hasn't had the look of someone threatening since...well, probably the loss to Weidman.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Munoz needs to retire. Now. 3-2
    Munoz' ref needs to retire. Now.

• Options
    Ugh, Tony Ferguson is the worst.

Good fighter, though. I have Tibau winning a grindy decision, though.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Painful interview by Tony Ferguson...why do I feel such shame?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    welp

3-3

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Big John gave that dude every chance to fight. Very curious that he didn't continue.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    not really a fan of Ferguson, but good win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    S-snap down city, baby

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    that was a little bit early?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nah, it's pretty telling that Walsh isn't complaining and didn't make it out there for the decision.

3-4

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg