As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2 thread] Want to make BahamutZERO angry? Then use a JOHN CENA!

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    There is an item that makes it look like the sniper is riding an ostrich.

Also this update has a lot of badass pyro hats that make me sad they're event-restricted.

I HAVE AN OSTRICH

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    Of fucking COURSE mini-sentries ruin [every] mode.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    Of fucking COURSE mini-sentries ruin the melee mode.

I mean, it's Doomsday. It's by far the easiest map to break with mini-sentries.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    minis never broke doomsday
    having the point camped to hell with minis and level 3s is standard play, I managed to finish games under those conditions all the time.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I thought the standard play was have four sticky demos so the other team can never ever ever cap

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I've crashed twice during bumper cars now.

I'm hoping it's just bad luck and not my computer being shitty.

Also the floating platforms version of bumper cars goes on forever.
    I thought the standard play was have four sticky demos so the other team can never ever ever cap

...he said about every map ever.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I can't say I've experienced more trouble with demospam than anything else on doomsday. Snipers and sentries and rocket jumping soldiers are all very powerful when they're defending the rocket area too. Actually do stickies even stick to the elevator platform or do they bounce off?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    2014-10-29_00001_zpsa81fe6b0.png

It's, like, a metaphor or something, man.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've never seen an image encapsulate my life so perfectly.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    your life of watching turtleant kill himself in a bumper car?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    tomorrow will be an patch, a patch that keeps people in their cars, and without sentries on the track

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

We had one round where it ended literally the first time the platforms fell.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

We had one round where it ended literally the first time the platforms fell.

First time I played that mode, everyone thought that the flashing platform would be the one that would fall and not the only one that wouldn't

Fastest stalemate ever

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

I only tried twice, but both times I did the game crashed as soon as the bumper cars loaded

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I was able to grind on the back of the goals after a lucky strafe (I'm embedded in the corner here, but could drive along the back):

294442EE0611BACA34F42C029ACA6A179797D94C

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Valve are dicks for not letting you steer the bumper car with the mouse.

• Options
    Also, make sure you get at least four of the achievements. It grants you a big wooden melee slot hammer, usable by all classes except spy. It functions as a reskin.. which means engineers can build sentries by hitting it with a hammer.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    man, I want spies to be able to backstab me with a hammer.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going to say the new achievements fall into the aggravating category.

Mostly because you don't really have any control over getting most of them. It's a lot of waiting and hoping the right bumper car game or curse comes up.

They're in small enough increments that they're not that hard to get, but it's still annoying that they're kind of up to luck.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    If you want to be a dick and get the melee kills achievement easy, go Scottish Reserve demo, lay a big line of stickies where the other team gets teleported to and wait for the melee event and then pop them.

Valve is really bad at thinking of ways to exploit their maps. Most of them are stuff I'd have thought of immediately on creating it.

• Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    If you want to be a dick and get the melee kills achievement easy, go Scottish Reserve demo, lay a big line of stickies where the other team gets teleported to and wait for the melee event and then pop them.

Valve is really bad at thinking of ways to exploit their maps. Most of them are stuff I'd have thought of immediately on creating it.

I didn't realize non melee kills counted. If the event is about to end and I don't have that achievement I'll have to do that.

I did get a headshot with the Classic earlier though. Was fully charged when the teleport happened and blew up the poor shmuck across from me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Valve must have half-assed it and instead of tracking the actual kill type, it just tallies any kills earned while the condition is active.

I've heard sentries can award the achievement too.

I generally appreciate the humor of the event, it's a pretty funny idea, but the whole thing feels like they rushed it in a week or two and didn't really think about the implementation too much.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Mini-sentries really do ruin the melee mode, dang. The increased knockback while melee mode is on means you can't even get close enough to melee them down.

volvo geif diretide indeed.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Protip: On the falling platforms stage, use your explode bind the minute you go off the edge. That way you don't have to wait to fall to the ground and can just fly right back onto the platform.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Might've loved last year's event a lot more because TDM Hightower is a perfect map for Halloween gimmicks and gifts and etc., but from what I've played so far, this is kinda disappointing.

• Options
    Iunno, I always thought doomsday isn't as bad as everyone says it is. I'm having fun, at least.

And I've gotten two huntsman headshot kills on the spell teleportation so far: one that I purposefully lined up with the voice lines, the second just a happy accident.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    the mini-games at the end are the best part. It's fun, but such a tiny tiny map. Helltower and lakeside are my two favorite though, maybe helltower as most just because there is no "boss" that teams are supposed to work together to defeat (which rarely works)

• Options
    Well the good news is that this gave mappers a whole bunch of new stuff to play with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4ji7kz4SM

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Update:

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    Fixed a dedicated server crash related to the new map sd_doomsday_event and server-wide curses
    Fixed Blue team hearing the win audio instead of the lose audio when Red gets the tickets to the Strongmann machine
    Fixed grenade projectiles doing more damage than expected
    Fixed players changing team to respawn outside of their cart while playing a minigame
    Fixed players being able to use the Eureka effect while in their bumper car
    Fixed a bug that let Engineers move faster while carrying a building
    Fixed the Spycicle not giving the Spy fire resistance
    Fixed The Manngaroo itemset including the wrong item
    Updated the equip_region for the Vaccinator and Quick-Fix
    Fixed a bug where players would not get a kill credit for turning another player in to a ghost
    Updated player ghosts to always use team color

Updated the new TargetID system
    Added Advance Option and ConVar to disable floating health icon (tf_hud_target_id_disable_floating_health)
    Added Advance Option to control the alpha of TargetID nameplate
    Fixed not showing for disguised enemy Spies
    Fixed showing the health of cloaked Spies
    Fixed not hiding the panel when players are no longer visible

Added ConVar tf_weapon_criticals_melee to control whether melee weapons have random crits. Works separately from tf_weapon_criticals.
    Fixed the knife not playing its backstab animation when crits are disabled
    Fixed round-end crits not working when tf_weapon_criticals is set to zero

Updated sd_doomsday_event
    Added spell pickups near the ticket case spawn
    Reduced mega spell respawn time from 90 seconds to 45 seconds
    Fixed curses occurring in bumper car minigames
    Fixed players being able to boost their bumper cars early
    Increased the damage that bumper cars receive from collisions
    Players can no longer suicide when in a Bumper Car
    Replaced large ammo kits near the Strongmann machine with spells
    Reduced ammo kit size on the bridge from full to medium
    Updated HHH to use a giant Necro Smasher when attacking players

Platform game:
    Fixed Merasmus giving instructions in the platform game when it gets to the final platform
    Center tent pole now vanishes when the final platform is reached

Soccer game:
    Added HHH, spawns 45 seconds into the match

Duck game:
    Increased max score to 200

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I know HHH means Horseless Headless Horseman, but I keep reading it as Hunter Hearst Helmsly.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Players can no longer suicide when in a Bumper Car

:c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I don't get it, the game said I got a hat but when I put it on everything looks just like it did before

qb56Smc.jpg

see? perfectly normal human dad. definitely not some kind of marine invertebrate, ha ha ha.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Man do I feel like an asshole for mining up the enemy lineup immediately after hearing a spell is going down

But the cheevement is mine, so never again

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Have a spare Talon Trotters(Stupid RNG) if anyone wants to trade a 2014 Halloween item for em.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    You motherfuckers better be on tonight around midnight when I get home from work, because I tried playing this for a few minutes on some random Halloween server and did NOT have fun.

Also, these Halloween costumes suck balls this year. Needless to say, I'll be up for some trading.

• Options
    So speaking of motherfuckers... I won't be around much tonight. Halloween is serious business holiday around my house.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, right, I should probably set up Mystery Box and the event stuff. <_<

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Glassworks has been confirmed to be one of the preseason maps for CEVO 6s upcoming season! Woo!

This will be really good for feedback and getting the map some more exposure.

This discussion has been closed.