As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Cosmic Chaos - Pet and Team Up Sale

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I have enough splinters for either of the only heroes I don't own: Venom and Winter Soldier. Anyone have any thoughts? One of them, or wait for Ice Dude?

Venom is one of the best heroes in the game currently.

I mean if that matters to you at all.

Venom is powerful but I don't care about the character, Winter Soldier is cool and voiced by Hayter, but apparently really weak and plays like Black Widow.

It's a conundrum.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I found Winter Soldier a lot of fun. He might be my next raid character.

Shooting dudes, popping out of stealth to shoot them with a sniper rifle and throwing knives around. Plus occasionally his line delivery is locked on to Hayter's "Solid Snake" voice and it is awesome. I almost want him to say Metal Gear when against a hulkbuster, but also don't want them to get sued.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    I have enough splinters for either of the only heroes I don't own: Venom and Winter Soldier. Anyone have any thoughts? One of them, or wait for Ice Dude?

Venom is powerful but I don't care about the character, Winter Soldier is cool and voiced by Hayter, but apparently really weak and plays like Black Widow.

It's a conundrum.

Bucky isnt so weak anymore. Hes a pretty descent character all around now.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

It's a conundrum.

Negative, Ghostrider. They made a number of adjustments post-release, and his ranged build is way better than it was. I'm not sure where he stands in terms of TTK or anything, but honestly he's my most durable character right now. What damage I do take can be healed quite quickly in stealth. IMO he's a good buy if you're looking for ranged, he's my best cosmic runner by far.

Ender on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Well to be fair all three individuals that use summoner scaling are in need of a QoL.

It would indeed improve my quality of life for Squirrel Girl to command an even more vicious horde of ravenous vermin.

Or perhaps she doesn't use summoner scaling, which might explain a few things.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    its Magik

Nick Fury =/

A man can dream.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Well to be fair all three individuals that use summoner scaling are in need of a QoL.

It would indeed improve my quality of life for Squirrel Girl to command an even more vicious horde of ravenous vermin.

Or perhaps she doesn't use summoner scaling, which might explain a few things.

She does, I gave up on gearing her though. I cant run Sinister terms anymore, it's just painful now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Had some left over Gs so I bought a Future Fortune Card on a whim

Now I have Doom following me around making proclamations

this is the best

I am eagerly looking forward to the release of Doom. So I can run around and recreate the adventures of Doom and Doombot. God I hope he has a summon tree for summoning Doombots. Ten Dooms all on screen debating who the real Doom is.

• Options
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    its Magik

Nick Fury =/

A man can dream.

Hey I want a Nickromancer too but they have said repeatedly that Marvel put the kibosh on it.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    its Magik

Nick Fury =/

A man can dream.

Hey I want a Nickromancer too but they have said repeatedly that Marvel put the kibosh on it.

I wonder if they change SHIELD agents to LMDs if Marvel would be okay with it.

• Options
    The Cheevo Groot:

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-04.03.x2.png

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Latest TC build is looking near final for Punisher and Iceman. Patch might be tomorrow, PM'ed devs trying to find out for sure.

• Options
  • Options
    Midtown Madness next week and then Big Ten event the following week.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Patch is either noon Thursday, or 6am Friday, depending on how a couple of late Punisher fixes go. Achievements and raid #2 will be on TC for the weekend.

EDIT: Brevik just said on stream they can live tune one of the issues holding things up so patch likely for noon PST Thursday.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Oooohhhh man, my pants are getting tight.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    Oooohhhh man, my pants are getting tight.
    Same here, I haven't logged into MH for weeks (Diablo 3, Season 2 been eating into my time), but I will totally get my Bobby Drake on once I'm home from work tonight.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Still no word on when the patch is actually going to hit.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Still no word on when the patch is actually going to hit.

Supposedly noon PST. So Friday.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Patch available on Steam.

2.6 Gigs.

• Options
  • Options
    Servers are up.

• Options
    And the Omega event is running till Midnight PST. 192% server side XP boost till then. So if you want to get some power leveling in, or farm Omegas it will be a good night.

• Options
    Server side XP plus a few boosts helped me get Iceman to 60 in 2 hours, 20 mins. A new personal best. Now I can take a week off :P

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    How is Iceman? I saved up my splinters for him.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Grove wrote: »

Just hit 60 with him a bit ago ranged build. Rank 3 Gungir, good artifacts, still have lady of sword on uru, 2 60 cosmic items rest around 50, One unique lvl 48 and no blessings. Just brute with my shatter ability for 2.7 mil. The CD for using the shatter at mega dmg is 4 sec. Once I got over the spi hunger he is damn strong in pretty crappy gear.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »

Just hit 60 with him a bit ago ranged build. Rank 3 Gungir, good artifacts, still have lady of sword on uru, 2 60 cosmic items rest around 50, One unique lvl 48 and no blessings. Just brute with my shatter ability for 2.7 mil. The CD for using the shatter at mega dmg is 4 sec. Once I got over the spi hunger he is damn strong in pretty crappy gear.

Sexy.

I'm waiting for my patch to finish d/l'ing (stupid me forgot to leave Steam on when I went to work). I hope to have him most of the way to 60 before I have to go to bed (damn 7:00AM CST meeting at work!).

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Also it was river of the soul enchant heh.

• Options
    Yes, Iceman eats all the spirit.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Got 4/5 uniques 60 with the other being low level. No blessings still or enchants but holy cow. Iceman destroys. May not be huge dmg but great constant high dmg.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Alright. I got Ms. Marvel from 50 to 60 and Psylocke to 60. One of those was way more fun then the other.

• Options
    Bobby + River of Soul + CCRod = SO MUCH ICE == DPSSSSS!!

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Would you say it's Ice Ice, Baby?

• Options
    And Juggs from 50 to 60.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Punisher might be my new MVP.

His damage is solid, he's tanky, his mechanics actually aren't as bad as the complaints would have had me believe and more to the point it's just hilariously over the top when you're lobbing nukes, grenades, buckshot, rifle shells and magnum bullets all over the place.

Then you call in the magical school bus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I dont like his bus. Seems too hard to aim the damage on the badies.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    I never feel like i have the time/inclination to go back to a hero after they have been reviewed, I still haven't played Cyke, Cap, Hulk and now Punisher since their reviews and I hear they are all a lot more enjoyable now.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I am not the biggest fan of his ult. It's why I call it the magic school bus.

His Sig makes up for it, to me. It is simply bonkers and I love it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

I've been thinking of giving him a CCR. Does it really up his DPS that much?

I just want something other than Gungnir.

This discussion has been closed.