As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Daily Show, Nightly Show, Last Week Tonight, & Full Frontal] Noah makin' it rain!

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Is The Colbert Report gonna end with the death of "Stephen Colbert"?

I believe the consensus was "Mauled by a Bear".

He tried to warn us.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Is The Colbert Report gonna end with the death of "Stephen Colbert"?

I believe the consensus was "Mauled by a Bear".

He tried to warn us.

O'Reilly is Paper Bear

Papa is slang for father, who is often considered the head of a family

Bears are, well, they're bears and dangerous.

family is also slang for the mob

O'Reilly is going to put a hit out on Colbert, and the "bears" will "maul" him to "death"

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'Bear' is also slang for 'large, hairy homosexual male'.

So the final show could be really interesting.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    This year the pumpkin spice thing is particularly egregious. In years past, a bunch of microbreweries would put out a pumpkin beer, there'd be the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, and a handful of other pumpkin things here and there. It was like "Haha, there sure is a lot of pumpkin stuff in the fall!" but it wasn't WTF levels of crazy. This year I've seen pumpkin spice Oreos, pumpkin spice marshmallows, pumpkin spice potato chips, pumpkin spice pasta, and it seems like every single microbrewery has a pumpkin beer (and in some cases, more than one). What the hell happened?

oh yeah?
    enhanced-5425-1410215272-18.jpg

Hmmm. Might be a new champion, although this one's still tough to beat.

• Options
    'Bear' is also slang for 'large, hairy homosexual male'.

So the final show could be really interesting.

Oh Papa Bear

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Get bent, brit boy. Pumpkin pie is the best pie.

Halloween is a weird time in the UK, everyone gets pumpkins to carve jack'o'lanterns at least once in their life - but realising you now have to do something with all that stuff and the horror upon finding out what your few options are is a right of passage for most British children.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You don't make pie out of jack o lantern pumpkins.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Pumpkin soup is the best soup and steak & cheese the best pie.

Anyway, Brits, the show airs Tuesday right?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    You don't make pie out of jack o lantern pumpkins.

I don't think we really get any other kind, at least without having to especially hunt for them. This is kind of a revelation here.

It certainly explains why the UK is slightly baffled (or disgusted) by the US's obsession with pumpkins. I think it's just kind of being assumed to be a bit like sprouts at Christmas, where the cliche is nobody likes them, but it's traditional to serve them and it'd wouldn't be a christmas dinner if they weren't there (though I for the record, do like sprouts).

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ....No, Pumpkin Pie is honestly a great tasting pie.

I now understand the joke of people not liking pumpkin pies in the UK, though. It'd be like trying to make an apple pie with crabapples or something. Just...ugh. The only thing you eat from those is the seeds.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

I'm convinced now more than ever that English food is a crime against humanity.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    As an American, I can safely say I have never cared for pumpkin pie. I'm with John on this one.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Good pumpkin pie is good. I prefer pecan or fruit pies, but its still good. I may know some people who are excellent cooks though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Making pies from jack-o-lantern pumpkins? Pies out of meat and cheese?

Thank all the gods above we kicked you guys out.

• Options
    Steak and cheese pies are delicious. But I do like my steak garlic and mushroom.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    This year the pumpkin spice thing is particularly egregious. In years past, a bunch of microbreweries would put out a pumpkin beer, there'd be the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, and a handful of other pumpkin things here and there. It was like "Haha, there sure is a lot of pumpkin stuff in the fall!" but it wasn't WTF levels of crazy. This year I've seen pumpkin spice Oreos, pumpkin spice marshmallows, pumpkin spice potato chips, pumpkin spice pasta, and it seems like every single microbrewery has a pumpkin beer (and in some cases, more than one). What the hell happened?

Yeah, I don't know what it is this year but there's pumpkin shit everywhere for some reason.

• Options
    Get bent, brit boy. Pumpkin pie is the best pie.

Maybe not best pie, but certainly a great pie.

Pumpkin is a great taste.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know what it is this year but there's pumpkin shit everywhere for some reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the end result of some marketing push by a pumpkin grower's conglomerate or something.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

I'm convinced now more than ever that English food is a crime against humanity.

That... that sounds kind of good to me...

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    hippofant wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the end result of some marketing push by a pumpkin grower's conglomerate or something.

Except that there is no pumpkin in any of the "pumpkin spice" products.

It's all ginger, nutmeg, clove and allspice.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

What. :confused:

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    have you tried a pumpkin pie without the spice

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options

Yeah, when they say "pumpkin spice", they aren't lying. It's literally a specific spice combo used for pumpkin pies to give it that distinctive profile.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    my favorite part of pumpkin spice is that there is no pumpkin in it

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    half the stuff you get from the cans of pumpkin is squash anyway. I can tell the difference between a squash pie and a pumpkin pie though, pumpkin is my preference.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    my favorite part of baby oil is that there is no baby in it

• Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    my favorite part of baby oil is that there is no baby in it

Does this mean pumpkin spice is actually a spice that your supposed to use on a pumpkin? What if what everyone thinks pumpkin tastes like is actually just a spice rub that some old recipe recommended for using on pumpkins to make them not taste terrible.

Jebus314 on
    "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    If you can't tell by smelling it that it will taste terrible, then there is no helping you.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    That interview with O'Reilly was just bad.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I thought it was amusing in the way their interactions are usually amusing.

No minds were changed, though.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Racist gonna racist.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Oh god that segment on Kansas.

Every item on the Republican wish list checked off and it drives your state into the ground.

Solution?

Drive harder. Obviously.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    have you tried a pumpkin pie without the spice
    Living in Japan taught me to appreciate how good pumpkin as an eating food could be.
    _J_ wrote: »

Bill's head is so far up his ass that his guts make a mobius strip. It does make me wonder though if he believes that stuff, or that it's possible to say almost anything when you have the big, comfy pile of money to sleep on that he does.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

He got O'Reilly to admit it, ultimately. In the most cowardly defensive way with the most BS excuses to make it okay anyway, but it's there.

It really shows the mental gymnastics people use to cover their pride.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

Yeah, when they say "pumpkin spice", they aren't lying. It's literally a specific spice combo used for pumpkin pies to give it that distinctive profile.

Yep. The more accurate name is "pumpkin pie spice", but that doesn't sound good rolling off the tongue, so we get "pumpkin spice".

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Every interview with O'Reilly is bad.

The man is a truly loathsome human being. Every time I see him on television I have to resist the urge to throw something through the screen.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    More than Chris Wallace?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Every interview with O'Reilly is bad.

The man is a truly loathsome human being. Every time I see him on television I have to resist the urge to throw something through the screen.
    That interview made me SO ANGRY. That man is a caricature of Republican ignorance. He has the audacity to practically DEFINE privilege but still somehow denies it means anything.

"Yeah, sure, I'll agree that things are much harder for black people, and that they're less likely to succeed than I was.

But, you know. Fuck 'em. Lazy bastards."

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    More than Chris Wallace?

I don't know as much about Chris Wallace. It would be a difficult bar to clear, though, my hatred of Bill O'Reilly.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Making pies from jack-o-lantern pumpkins? Pies out of meat and cheese?

Thank all the gods above we kicked you guys out.

You can roast the seeds and make a damn good pumpkin bread from Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins, though.