As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've finally started playing COUNTER Spy. It's way more fun than I thought at first, really loving it. So far it seems a bit on the east side, but that's ok by me right now.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Brandish is amazing on the Vita. Funny how the audio on PSP games is louder than native Vita games.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but we get Shovel Knight on Vita this coming Tuesday.

Your wallets are not safe.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Yo Yo Yo. All you Vita Rhythm Game fans. We're getting even more love.

A Taiko Drum Master game is coming to the Vita. 80 Songs: A mix of anime songs, vocaloid songs, and video game music.

This game looks incredible. Might even have to import it.

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/taiko-drum-master-announced-for-ps-vita

Will this taiko drum game include any actual taiko drum music? I bought the one for ps2 back in the day and it was all pop music and other crap. If I buy a taiko drum game I want taiko drum music. :( Also what other rhythm games are good on vita (or vitaTV preferably)?

DJ MAX Technika Tune, but the DJ MAX Portable (PSP) games are far better.

Still, Technika is great.

It depends on what gameplay styles people like. The PSP games are button press games, are harder, and are more normal rhythm games. They're most similar to the Beatmania games.

Technika is all touch based and plays like Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents.

The Patapon games (PSP) are still great. Well, 1 & 2 are.

And the Project Diva games are fucking fantastic. F and F 2nd have different music, so there's no worry about overlap. 2nd is harder and adds mechanics, but has more DLC and more bonus stuff.

IA/VT Colorful is hopefully going to be good (comes out for importing in June).

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    As for non-rhythm games, remember Monster Monpiece, the card game that was released in June that was self-censored by IF?

Its spiritual successor, a dungeon crawler/dungeon rpg by the name of Moero Chronicle, is coming out in English at the beginning of next month in Asia, fully unsensored. I'm highly curious since I enjoy dungeon crawlers and the idea of a monster girl party dungeon crawler is amusing.... debating if I should preorder import for the hell of it or wait on impressions.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Vita is getting an Otome VN localized soon called "Amnesia:Memories."
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/17/amnesia-memories-brings-little-love-playstation-vita-pc/

I don't actually like Otome games that much (I don't like harem/reverse harem stories that much. And when I do, I tend to gravitate more towards the... sauciest of BL. *ahem* ) . But I'm probably going to buy the game just to spite someone in the comments section.

....Cause I'm petty like that.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I really didn't have much fun with Monster Monpiece. There was just...nothing there.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Moero Chronicle looks like it was made by an intern.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So in other words, they're Idea Factory games.

Amnesia, however, should be good. They know visual novels, if nothing else. (And really, they know nothing else.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KhakiMageKhakiMage Registered User regular
    Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on the PS Vita built-in mic? I've been playing Helldivers and the darn thing triggers just from pressing the buttons =/

• Options
    Finished COUNTER Spy today in the hospital waiting room. It was fun, got more than a bit harrowing at the end as both sides' DEFCON levels were high, but good times.
    I was expecting the other shoe to drop at any moment, like "hey I'm getting all this information, you're not going to actually launch a nuke right?" No, they straight up did what they said they would. Pleasantly surprised.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Tales of Hearts R, avoiding possible spoilers: Does anyone know where enemy # 99 is? I am on day 4 in the Straga Sewers, real time. I have gained 10 levels, and still that accursed giant crab has not seen fit to drop its rare item, so I have been distracting myself by trying to figure out what I could have done wrong to have missed that one entry. The other holes in my Lexicon seem to be reserved for ... "special types", that I will be dealing with later.

To burn some idle time I purchased Gravity Rush from the PSN. Good lord. If anyone does not have this game already, get it. Get it fast, and enjoy flying falling with style. The only thing I have noticed about the game is that it can become rather disorienting constantly switching gravity's direction as to which way exactly I'll be heading when inevitably I run out of juice at a crucial moment.
    The enemy's face is down.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    So i recently got a PS Vita TV as a self-birthday present, and have been mightily impressed by it - playing Dragon's Crown and Borderlands 2 on the big screen using a Dualshock 3 is great, and i'm soon going to download Dead or Alive 5 Plus and throw that into the mix. My only other consoles are a Wii and a Dreamcast (which is currently packed away), so it's definitely making me set aside more time for non-handheld home gaming.

Anyway, reason i'm posting is that the Vita TV came with a download code for 3 games - OlliOlli, Worms Revolution Extreme, and Velocity Ultra. Since i already own two of those, and Worms isn't my kind of thing, i'm happy for a fellow PAer to take it. The code is for Ireland - not sure if it can also be used across the EU PSN at large. Almost certainly won't work for UK anyway. Regardless, if anyone would like it, just shoot me a PM and it's yours, first come first served. Please don't request it just to sell it on, though - players only!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Anyone get Sayanora Umihara Kawase?

• Options
    I will be soon, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    So Killzone. It's a fun little shooter, and I'm enjoying it, but man... That is some terrible writing.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Bears mentioninining that Vic Ireland is set to reveal his latest obsession this week.

419df7bd1d5eb0a3a58713c0f3134f62.png
    http://www.gaijinworks.com/

It's apparently going to be the localization of two more PSP games - I've got a few I've got my fingers crossed for, myself. It's Vic, so goods odds they're going to be RPGs that we haven't gotten in the west.

He insists we'll be able to play them on the Vita, so we're looking at seeing PSN releases as well as the hyper-limited physical order releases.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I'm guessing the one with three question marks is Class of Heroes 3.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I will be soon, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Got it today and I'm enjoying it very much. It's got a good look to it as well as a unique gameplay mechanic that I don't think has ever been replicated anywhere else.

I also love how awareness of the series came from Game Center CX (which in turn is also a great show everyone needs to watch).

• Options
    It does have its own thread here, even if it is very rarely used. It's one of the first places I learned about it.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/106028/umihara-kawase-ds-now-with-a-3rd-dimension

The 3DS version is fun, but I got stuck pretty early. And now I have to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAhL27B6RTQ&ab_channel=lowtech01

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    It does have its own thread here, even if it is very rarely used. It's one of the first places I learned about it.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/106028/umihara-kawase-ds-now-with-a-3rd-dimension

The 3DS version is fun, but I got stuck pretty early. And now I have to post this.

Neat. Was that an existing song before the game, or is that a vocal tribute to the game's soundtrack?

• Options
    fishing2.jpg

fishing.jpg

fishing3.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Vic made his announcement.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
    Our Next RPGs for PlayStation®Portable!
    We have two RPGs well underway and we're happy we can FINALLY let you in on two of our secrets! Click on either of the covers below to go to the game page with information for each game and English media from the in-process localization. Both will have a poll to gauge demand for a presale-only one-off physical version that includes a digital PSN code - the ideal bundle for both Vita owners and collectors! If you want to share your excitement or have more questions (like, "Why start with 5?"), head over to our Forum and join our RPG community!

SN5-Cover-med.png
    CoH3_Cover_Temp_small.jpg

Screenshots on Siliconera. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/23/summon-night-5-class-heroes-3-coming-west/

Donnicton on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If only I could get into SRPGs and dungeon crawlers...

• Options
    IRIC, CoH3 is the one that actually has classes like "Yandere" and "Super Sentai Hero".

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Played some Monster Bag on the bus this morning. The gameplay and "puzzles" might be a bit shallow but holy crap is the art and presentation charming.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah, the puzzles in Monsterbag are so simplistic that to me it barely qualifies as a game. I know it was "free" on PS+, but this is something I wouldn't have paid 99c for if it were on Google Play.

• Options
    Class of Heroes 3 has some weird school-choice. Maybe five or so exclusive classes per school.

• Options

Neat. Was that an existing song before the game, or is that a vocal tribute to the game's soundtrack?

I believe the comments say it's the original SNES theme, just slowed down to fit the vocals.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Groupon Goods has a 64GB Vita Card for 84.99 for the next 12 hours, and they're running a 10% off Groupon Goods coupon too.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-64gb-card-for-playstation-vita

nusu on
  • Options
    Keep in mind that after taxes(if applicable), it's likely only a savings of a few dollars compared to Superufo(air mail), but you'll probably get it more quickly. It's also an alternative if you'd rather order from Groupon than from China.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    fishing2.jpg

fishing.jpg

fishing3.jpg

Man

Why do like 80% of RPGs gotta have a fishing minigame

Do the majority of RPG devs not realize a lot of people don't fish IRL for a reason

• Options
    Fishing minigames are the shit, you watch your mouth.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    what's that

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The only fishing minigame I liked was Nier's because of how simple and easy it was to never fail at it.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The only fishing minigame I liked was Nier's because of how simple and easy it was to never fail at it.

Unless you followed the in game instructions...

• Options
    Nier was literally 'pull the analog sticks in the opposite direction from the line' looking for that vibrating feedback letting you know you were on target.

It was so fucking simple.

No stupid button mashing. No timing based minigames. Just simple and easy.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Yeah, but the game told you to press x, which caused you to immediately fail in catching the fish.

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    No, the problem was that the fish tutorial was right next to a beach you weren't leveled enough to fish on yet and didn't make it clear you had to go to some completely different beach first. Unless you happened to open your map and look...

This discussion has been closed.