Options

Pop of the Charts

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
So I listen to a lot of independent music covering just about every genre out there but I still love me some pop music.

Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Rihanna
Iggy Azalea
Jessie J

Whatever.

Current hot tracks
Black Widow
Bang, Bang
All About That Bass
Boom Clap
Chandalier
Cool Kids

I really hate Taylor Swift and Pitfall though.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also my kids like to sing the chorus of black Widow but instead of black Widow baby they say black little baby and is hilarious.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I used to listen to a lot more pop music in the past

I guess in time I'll lose any connection or attachment to what's hip

Will try not to shout at younger people though

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Are we sure Pitbull isn't a Spinal Tapesque parody artist? Also, Sia is Da best.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Every Pitbull song sounds exactly the same. Exactly.

Fireball is so terrible.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I kind of like this song a lot but I don't really like liking it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H89R9K75eo

signature.png

• Options
    I feel like I like Charli XCX more than I should.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Pop Music? I love pop music.

This one is just for Raijin though.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I actually bought the Britney Spears Circus album.

I still listen to it in regular intervals.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Pop Music? I love pop music.

This one is just for Raijin though.

Guess who's listening to It's a Laugh right now?

It's me.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I honestly don't remember the last time I bought a CD.

• Options
    Right now I'm listening to Violent Femmes - Good Feeling

Doesn't really fit the thread but whatevs

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I honestly don't remember the last time I bought a CD.

I should probably figure this digital music thing out. I don't know what service to use though.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I've used Spotify for years.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Just like

Buy it wherever's cheapest

I buy some stuff off Bandcamp, some off amazon I guess

Anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtIRArhVD4

NSF... booty h8rs?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't really like katy perry and I don't really see the appeal

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Lorde is pretty much the best.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Iggy Azalea is the worst

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    "i listen to everything except rap and country"

• Options
    Mary Lambert's pretty cool tho

http://youtu.be/cqqqV50zaAc

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    It is has not been on the charts for over a decade, but every single time I hear J-Lo's "Waiting for Tonight" I can't not sing along.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    There's that song Black Widow, not sure who it's credited to but Iggy Azalea does a rap on it

Anyway, the chorus 100% sounds to me that it says "Like a black little baby" and it throws me every time

• Options
    There's that song Black Widow, not sure who it's credited to but Iggy Azalea does a rap on it

Anyway, the chorus 100% sounds to me that it says "Like a black little baby" and it throws me every time

Read the second post in this thread.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

I'm sick of Lorde. She just seems whiny and her lyrics make me angry.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

I'm sick of Lorde. She just seems whiny and her lyrics make me angry.
    Its because you are a bad person Raijin.

Im sorry you had to find out this way.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I like Lorde. She's smart and speaks her mind

• Options
    Her whole anti-popular culture schtick just comes off as her whining to me. I like her beats for the most part.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Speaking of pop music Kate Bush did her first live shows in decades and they were apparently absolutely incredible and I am jealous of every UK person who got to see them.

• Options
    excerpts from an interview with Lorde in Elle Magazine
    On standing up for herself and maintaining authenticity in the music business: “A lot of times when people meet me, they’ll definitely try to make me feel young or inexperienced. Like, ‘It’s all taken care of’. Teenagers are such a discerning group of people. They’ll immediately sniff out anything that feels contrived. I’m, like, constantly scanning myself to see if I’m some corporate executive version of a teenager. I’ve developed something of a fearsome reputation. People know that if you talk down to me, I will roll my eyes or whatever.”

On self-constructing her persona: “It’s something people my age have grown up with. You can go on the Tumblr of any young person in the world and see people marketing themselves. Everyone my age is like that now. We’re all hyperaware of how we’re being seen.”

On the upside of being known for expressing her opinions: “People have told me that I’ve helped them feel confident, like they can say things they want to say. They can talk about feminism in class without people calling them a lesbian. That’s so amazing that I can make someone feel like that.”

On figuring out how to navigate career, fame, the media, and being a teenager all at once: “It’s very specific. I have definitely learned how to be flexible. Before, I would just be like, ‘Fuck it.’ I have such a strong idea of what is cool and great for me. If I think something is shit, I express that. But now the circle of people I work with all the time is huge and spans continents, and you have to be quite conscientious. So it’s, like, learning not to hurt people’s feelings. Obviously, I am hanging out with more people now who are not teenage; I’m in different circles. But I am a teenager. My brain is, like, a certain age. Everyone is talking about you. You have to learn not to care as much.”

I like her

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    How do we feel about pop from not America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-8pNEV8P0I

• Options
    Her whole anti-popular culture schtick just comes off as her whining to me.

She's 17!

• Options
    I don't have much of an opinion on her as a person but I'm tired of her music.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I agree with opinions already stated re: Pitbull.

Nickleback are bad because they're so fucking mediocre.

Pitbull is aggresively bad. I'm certain he knows he's shit, too.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Iggy Azalea is the worst

I used to think this.

Then I realised I was wrong a couple of years ago.

• Options
    has anybody else been listening to Spoon's new album

http://youtu.be/fd6aXM8WHGw

• Options
    Spoon isn't pop!

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    How do we feel about pop from not America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-8pNEV8P0I

There's countries that aren't America?

• Options
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Read the second post in this thread.

I'm illiterate, you jerk

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular