As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Payday 2] Ron Perlman joins the crew! THE BIKER PACK available now!

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Speaking of framing frames, did you know that only one guard ever investigates the vault? If he investigates and isn't killed, he sounds the alarm without going alert, but if you do take care of him, nobody else will ever investigate the vault. As long as they don't have a clear sightline to the open vault door (which happens only with the 2nd floor vault), you can leave the bookcase open for the rest of the heist.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well that was nice
    Ran into a bad bad run and chewed out the idiot in it
    Got into a few more randoms with him bitching at how bad he is
    And he friends me

• Options
    Tough love

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    hey, new heist on, permanent price reductions in the DLC, tons of bugfixes, what do you know

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    New heist is free btw and loud Shadow Raid thing

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Is that out today?

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    New heist and associated update is live right now.

The new heist is fun, if annoyingly dependent on vehicles, but at least now they're easier to drive than the Car Shop cars.

It does feature Vlad being Super Crazy Russian (with bonus freaking out from Bain) and shout outs to Shadow Raid, which is fun.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I just scanned the price reductions, but it looks like basically everything that came out before the end of last year was reduced by 33-43%, including the GOTY edition (has everything up to that point) which dropped from $80 to $50.

Plus free heist, bug fixes, new xp system, and so on make for a pretty great update.

• Options
    The new heist is actually ... remarkably easy on DW. With a dodge build and maybe a few ecms you can actually earn all the achievements in one go if you really want to.

• Options
    Did the new heist twice tonight. Well, almost.

The first time we were nearly done and my game crashed while driving a fork lift and I was host so it booted everyone else out too.

Second time we secured all the extra loot to unlock the new mask and completed it.

It's really not what I expected from "loud Shadow Raid" since they changed so much. I'm glad these vehicles handle better though (did they update the Car Shop ones or are they still like they were before since they're sports cars?).

Also this doesn't match those voice files that leaked about loud Shadow Raid at all, I guess they changed it. The original audio files indicated that we were going to be stealing a server for the Butcher, and there was something about using thermite to burn into a vault.

I also bought that new soundtrack for a dollar, since I like that it lets you use the music in game. Now "I Can Give You My All" can be my Heist Completion music.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So I spend some time doing a solo Shadow Raid, get 17 bags out and only get 181k exp? See ya Payday, it was real.

• Options
    People think Shadow Raid is bugged right now under the new system, as it's giving out even less XP than what it says the minimum is.

Last I read, the running theory was that it's only giving XP for loot that's secured in the van, but I hadn't seen if anyone had confirmed that yet or not.

Also apparently the way XP works now is weird. Some maps give bonus XP for each extra bag, some for every 3 extra, and some only if you get every last one of them. Some also have unexpected requirements, like apparently if you do Nightclub loud you get less XP than stealth...unless you don't use C4 on the safes in which case you get more XP.

• Options
    Frankelstner got the code of the new XP reward system, seems like stealth reduces xp payouts with some exceptions.

And one of the moderators of the Payday 2 forums contacted the dev team, who said that yes, Shadow Raid is artificially reduced until they can figure out how to prevent people from ECM rushing it.

To me, this is simple. Just make a condition that if the heist is completed in less than 6 minutes it has reduced XP.

• Options
    Yeah, my friends and I tested the Shadow Raid van theory last night. 24 bags all secured in the van on Deathwish and we still got a fraction of the listed XP (no ECMs used and no civilians killed).
    Paladin wrote: »
    Frankelstner got the code of the new XP reward system, seems like stealth reduces xp payouts with some exceptions.

And one of the moderators of the Payday 2 forums contacted the dev team, who said that yes, Shadow Raid is artificially reduced until they can figure out how to prevent people from ECM rushing it.

To me, this is simple. Just make a condition that if the heist is completed in less than 6 minutes it has reduced XP.

Currently Shadow Raid is set up to give XP every third bag (it should be every bag though, it's really dumb how some heists give it every bag, some every third, Big Bank requires 15 bags to get bonus XP, and some like Bank Heist and Armored Transport don't give you any bonus XP at all), so if you put in the time limit like you suggest would that just mean that bags secured before the six minute mark grant less XP than bags secured afterwards? Though that's assuming that they can even set up multiple conditions for each event, as the system seems extremely basic (basically when an event triggers it adds XP to the total, which has the side effect that if you join the game late you get no XP for events that triggered before you joined and so on maps with only one trigger like Mallcrashers you can actually get zero XP if you join after the alarm went off).

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Did they scrap that awful "max X lvls per heist" idea?

• Options
    That was apparently not a thing, just some people on another forum thought it was for some reason and I repeated it without double checking.

It's definitely not in.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Can't be related to Payday: no mention of 500+ police casualties.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    The new XP system sure is something. And by something I mean pretty arbitrary and 99% cryptic.

Not to mention that nothing really changed from the beta version...

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty glad I was done with the 25 infamy-grind during the hype train xp boost.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Did they scrap that awful "max X lvls per heist" idea?
    Lars wrote: »
    That was apparently not a thing, just some people on another forum thought it was for some reason and I repeated it without double checking.

It's definitely not in.

It's very much not in, as I just went from 3-0 to 3-30 in about four heists after the patch.

I was getting a very small "level limit" XP penalty that was more than wiped out by my Infamy XP bonus, but apparently that's something that's been in the game for a while now.

• Options
    The Alesso Heist comes out today ($7).

https://youtu.be/sdZ4JY-Xfjg

It involves robbing some GenSec vaults while an Alesso concert is going on. It can be done stealth or loud, and includes some driving (forklifts at the very least, not sure about cars yet). Also comes with a new revolver and four melee weapons, plus the usual 4 new masks associated with achievements.

Also a patch fixing a lot of bugs is coming out that also adds a few features, like the ability to change the shadow quality so that lower-end machines can run the game without having to install the Shadow Mod.

Also they are adding accelerate/brake to the triggers for players that use controllers, so driving won't be as horrible for them anymore.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So, Payday fiction Alesso are clearly assholes.

Considering they have Payday masks on screen in their concerts and at this point the Payday gang are mass murderers in universe :P

I like the idea of syncing explosions to the concert though.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey, I'm on now and looking to heist with PAers

I haven't played in a few months now, and it seems like a lot has changed. All I have is the base game, no DLC. Am I missing a ton? And all my skills have been refunded, where do I go from here?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So, this game is releasing tommorrow on xbox one, with all patches and dlc. I just saw an ad for it in the xbox live store. Anyone else getting it? I know I am. It's 30 bucks.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    PS4 bros- I double dipped to play with some Ps4 folks in this.

Hit me up at xmojojoeox on psn for CRIME TIME>

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Hey, I'm on now and looking to heist with PAers

I haven't played in a few months now, and it seems like a lot has changed. All I have is the base game, no DLC. Am I missing a ton? And all my skills have been refunded, where do I go from here?

What's your steam name; are you already in the group

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So, theres a pretty crippling bug on the xbox one version of the game that makes crimenet freeze every 2 seconds... it is currently impossible to join a game other than either creating a lobby, or being invited by a friend. Seeing as none of my friends have this yet I'm pretty much stuck playing with AI until a fix hits.

I wouldn't buy this game on xbox one until they fix it, it basically makes the game unplayable.

Edit: no Geth, it isn' awesome. It sucks.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    So I got the base version of this from the Humble Bundle before realizing that I kinda screwed myself by not getting the GOTY edition. I have no idea what's actually important to have just from looking at the horrifying nightmare that is the DLC page for this game. Is there any stuff that I should absolutely get before the Steam sale pricing ends?

Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I got the Crimewave edition on the Xbox but if I had to guess. The Gage weapon packs, armored transport, big bank, Hoxton Breakout, and what ever DLC is The Bomb heists would probably get you the majority of heists and DLC masks/guns.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Lork wrote: »
    So I got the base version of this from the Humble Bundle before realizing that I kinda screwed myself by not getting the GOTY edition. I have no idea what's actually important to have just from looking at the horrifying nightmare that is the DLC page for this game. Is there any stuff that I should absolutely get before the Steam sale pricing ends?

Depends on if you have friends to play with or not. You can join in on DLC heists even if you don't own them. Beyond that, some weapon categories are sparse or nonexistant without DLC. There are plenty of good pistols, shotguns, assault rifles and SMGs in the base game, but if you want to get serious about sniper rifles or play around with some of the unique weapons (like the flamethrower, LMGs, Bazooka or minigun) you are going to have to buy the specific DLC for it.

The Gage mod pack is generally recommended as it allows you to unlock sets of weapon mods by finding hidden packages in the levels, which helps fill in gaps in your weapon mod collection.

• Options
    Mod Courier, Sniper and maybe the Shotgun pack should be bought, and is like two bucks in the current sale.

The rest is pretty optional, if you wanna play a specific dlc map just use the the heist filter in crimenet and join a public game.

• Options
    Gage mod and butcher pack will give you the most options for bread and butter arsenal.

These are optional, but are high yield:
    Gage weapon pack 1: grenades
    Gage weapon pack 2: LMGs

If you're serious about payday and want to play deathwish, these will help:

One or more of:
    Sniper pack
    Shotgun pack
    Assault pack - for GL40
    Overkill pack

The reason for any of these is you need an explosive weapon if you want to stun a dozer or shields - or in the case of snipers, kill them super quick. It's not a requirement, and nobody needs this or other dlc to survive deathwish, but it does make things less frustrating for people who don't want the extra challenge.

• Options
    Lol, the grenades aren't in vanilla? Shiieet, been playing this for too long...

• Options
    Also, join the payday 2 steam community for the best assault rifle and akimbo pistols in the game

• Options
    As someone who absolutely adores shotguns, I can't really recommend the shotgun pack. The Lovomotive and Judge are all you'll ever need in the secondary slot and the Joceline is arguably the best primary shotgun, none of them DLC.

• Options
    The Shotgun Pack adds most of the Shotgun Ammo types (except the fire ammo, which is in the BBQ Pack), and those are pretty useful. Explosive shotgun ammo makes it easy to take down Shield units and Bulldozers.

There are three types of Grenades, but all of them are in DLC packs. Regular Grenades are in Gage Weapon Pack 1, Molotovs are in the BBQ Pack, and Dynamite is in the Western Pack. Owning Gage Weapon Pack 1 will also let you place the Grenade Case Asset on some heists, which has three grenades in it that anyone can pick up even if they don't own the DLC.

You can join any heist even if you don't own the DLC, so the only issue there is if you want to host it yourself or if you want the weapons/masks that come with the heist (you can still earn the achievements that would unlock the associated masks, but don't actually get the mask until you own the DLC).

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    The Shotgun Pack adds most of the Shotgun Ammo types (except the fire ammo, which is in the BBQ Pack), and those are pretty useful. Explosive shotgun ammo makes it easy to take down Shield units and Bulldozers.

There are three types of Grenades, but all of them are in DLC packs. Regular Grenades are in Gage Weapon Pack 1, Molotovs are in the BBQ Pack, and Dynamite is in the Western Pack. Owning Gage Weapon Pack 1 will also let you place the Grenade Case Asset on some heists, which has three grenades in it that anyone can pick up even if they don't own the DLC.

You can join any heist even if you don't own the DLC, so the only issue there is if you want to host it yourself or if you want the weapons/masks that come with the heist (you can still earn the achievements that would unlock the associated masks, but don't actually get the mask until you own the DLC).

That is true, I forgot about the shotgun ammo types.

• Options
    Draken50Draken50 Registered User regular
    I just got a couple of friends Payday2 during the sale to play with my wife and I. One of them is okay with doing a bit of grindy missions to increase is xp and ideally survivability.

Does four stores on Very Hard or Overkill still give a decent amount of XP for a brand new character? I figure it might be a decent way to teach him the hud and how stuff works before running something that might need more involvement on his end.

• Options
    I think Four Stores is still mostly okay. I remember Shadow Raid got nerfed into the ground to the point that it should never be run for XP (just money).

For combat training, Cook Off and White XMas are probably you're best bets. They are infinite levels where you can stay as long as you want getting more loot, and each bag of secured loot increases your XP (and it's really good XP, even on low difficulties).

Just remember there is an XP reduction on heists that reduce how much XP you get if you are too low level. Under level 10, I think Jewelry Store is the only one that offers full XP.

THIS page has what levels open up which heists for full XP (scroll down to the table in the "Level Limits" section). Just remember that the game scales up, so when you are level 11 all the heists in the "20" row will give full XP, and when you are level 61 every heist in the game gives full XP.

The page I linked also has the XP breakdown for each heist, and some of them are kind of dumb or bizarre (for example, Mallcrashers only credits the XP--which you still have to successfully complete the heist to obtain--when the alarm goes off, not when the objective is completed, thus if you stealth it you get nothing). They changed the XP system to this a month or two ago, and it still needs some tweaking to fix some of that stuff.