As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] If you take Point A on Blind Watch, we're sending you to PA3.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Blue fusion rifles for next hour and a half at gunsmith

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    The bounty that wants 3 enemies killed with a single super is really annoying. I don't think I'm going to do that one anymore.

Boring, but effective: Go to Ember Caves, and stand on top of the big pointy rock. Chuck a cluster grenade (assuming void lock) at the bunch of dudes who spawn on the ground there, there's like 5-6 + shanks. That should charge your bomb meter. Bomb the next group. Grenade the next group. Repeat.

You will be very bored, but it will do the bounty, and you're likely to hit a public event while you do it.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    The bounty that wants 3 enemies killed with a single super is really annoying. I don't think I'm going to do that one anymore.

I regularly skip it on my non-Hunter characters. It's not worth the 50 rep / 2500 XP.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

But it's great that a third of the builds can't even do it!

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Cid29Cid29 Registered User regular
    Playing Evolve Alpha today it is loads of fun.

Xbox Live: Cid29
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    You could always spend you marks on an item for another toon, then put it in your bank. That's one way to circumvent not being able to share marks.

EDIT: Also, if you're desperate for gaining quick ground on faction, you can always turn in 50 planetary resources to a quartermaster; just make sure you're doing it for the right one.

This works for everything but armor (assuming you're not one of those crazies with multiple characters of the same class), since armor is class-specific.

For the last few weeks all I've been doing with marks is buying armor to shard anyways. :)

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Hoping new Raid adds some strategy to gear. For example:
    • Having multiple weapon types for different sections. (Section 1 requires a solar weapon, Section 2 an Arc, etc)
    • Having multiple gear resists types for different sections. Or even for different roles in each section (say, fire damage enemies on left conflux, void on right conflux, etc)
    • Having different things to do to get different pieces gear other than raiding. FWC rep, etc.

Doubt I'll get it, but everyone's role and gear feels exactly the same in the Raid, and the only thing that seems to matter is level and occasionally void damage.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Not that it matters, but I got my Hunter to 20 last night, so now I've got all three classes I can use

• Options
    Erevar wrote: »

I regularly skip it on my non-Hunter characters. It's not worth the 50 rep / 2500 XP.

Thinking about this more on my drive home it really annoys me. We have a mechanic already that exists to measure the effectiveness of super use and it is even a team based mechanic as well! Why that bounty isn't "Generate x orbs of light" is baffling. Would do the encourage super use while also building up awareness of a big team benefit.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Which class can't do that bounty? I assume Hunter would be the easiest with the dash between kills? Then again I've never used a Hunter, so I'm John Snow.

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Starting the weekly (28) on PS4 if anyone wants in. PSN: Rauhy

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I have to say, If the raid continues to disapoint me this week with raid loot, I'm going to strongly consider joining cheesing lfg groups on hard.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Which class can't do that bounty? I assume Hunter would be the easiest with the dash between kills? Then again I've never used a Hunter, so I'm John Snow.

Defender and Sunslinger ultimate that don't deal direct damage. Not basing the bounty on orbs is just another silly development decision.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Celian wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    There's a new way to cheese Atheon, by luring him to the center platform (on top of the relic shield?), which... As usual, is probably more of an inconvenience than just killing him the regular way.

But now that we've beaten him legit, we may have to give it a shot. Gotta invent new ways to keep old content fresh, especially when Atheon refuses to give us the "teleport all six players/teleport only one player/teleport players to both portals" glitch that would spice things up.

http://youtu.be/w0cEPfIBWvk

Edit: Oh, did someone else post this? My bad, if so. I'm waiting for my car to be serviced and lamenting the fact that I have to wait another week to raid. That's my own alt-less fault.

Wait a minute... so Bungie I implemented this baby bumper stuff on one part of platform, but not all of it?

Amateur move!

Honestly they will definitely move away from platform-type raids after this I do believe. Sure, it adds a way the player can fall to his death, but it's a recipe for exploit. I'm sure there are ways to add a lot of verticality to encounters, without having ways to knock the boss off the world.
    Boss the size of a battleship, with a weak point at its head.

The raid battles their way up, Shadow of the Colossus style.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Oh I understand. I thought he meant a full-on class. Even still, those are the level 15 subclasses, so it's not like you can't trade out to do the bounty. Not ideal, but not totally prohibitive. It IS a lolBungie kind of situation for sure, regardless.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »
    Alt Stars assemble...maybe?

Same time tonight. As always, as forever and ever and ever.

@darkyth @Squall99x @stragint @JusticeforPluto‌

So say we all!

Oh, yeah-our 6th spot is always rotating. If you want in, let me know.

I'll be there!

Sorry for the late response gents, was called out of town this morning and not sure I will be back in time. Feel free to go ahead and try and fill the spot that way you don't have to wait on me if I am running ridiculously late. Good luck with RNGesus!

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Cid29 wrote: »

I thought it didn't start until tomorrow!?
    Have you played as monster yet? Which side is more fun?

• Options

Defenders or Sunsingers. I said "build" because they can switch but it is still annoying.

• Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Oh I understand. I thought he meant a full-on class. Even still, those are the level 15 subclasses, so it's not like you can't trade out to do the bounty. Not ideal, but not totally prohibitive. It IS a lolBungie kind of situation for sure, regardless.

That if they leveled their hunter to 15, which unlocks the sub-classes for all of your character slots, then switched their warlock to sunsinger and their titan to defender at level 1? Hmmmmm?

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Hello XB1 guardians!

Was wondering if anyone would like to show 2 VoG newbies the ropes on normal mode at some point. Myself (28 Titan) and a friend of mine (28 Hunter) are trying to find a group to tackle the raid, but so far haven't had much luck due to schedule randomness. However, hopefully before next Tuesday, we'd like to try and get a first full run in.

Generally we're not reliably available until around 9:30 PDT (babies, man), but apparently people can get through this thing in under 4 hours nowadays. While on some level playing with other raid newbies would be enjoyable for the discovery process, it's been almost two months since the game came out, and that seems unlikely.

So figured I'd see if anybody would like another run over the next few nights, including the peril/delight/wonder of fresh meat.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I hope Xur is selling awesome stuff tomorrow. If he sells Hard Light I'm going to buy one for each of my characters.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Cid29Cid29 Registered User regular
    Cid29 wrote: »

I thought it didn't start until tomorrow!?
    Have you played as monster yet? Which side is more fun?

I have been Medic and Monster so far.

Monster was a lot more fun.

It started today at 9 am on xbox one tomorrow for PC and PS4

Xbox Live: Cid29
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I just got my Vanguard voucher...

After I've been playing for 2 months.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I hope Xur is selling awesome stuff tomorrow. If he sells Hard Light I'm going to buy one for each of my characters.

Oh snap! Tomorrow is Xursday!

/sacrifices virgin koalas in the name of the Nine

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Well, sorry Team Motorboat Kitten. Doesn't look like I'm leaving work anytime soon. You might want to send out feelers for an alternate.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

I'm holding out hope that he's going to be selling the Halloween Sparrows.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Looking to do Vault on the PS4 tonight if anyone needs a 29 Defender or a 27 Bladedancer! Drop me a line if I can be of use.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really need to finish the raid. Hell, I've yet to complete a nightfall.

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    PSN parties seem to be totally fucked for me right now, sorry @elijahdprophet but I couldn't make the raid tonight anyway, posted in the message thread.

• Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Team Super Best Friends Forever needs one more for raid, nowish. May end up needing more. PS4. We are pretty fun, even though @Croaker‌ thinks spending time with real people trumps raiding :-P

Filled!

elijahdprophet on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I want a Crucible mode similar to Alterac Valley, large scale assault on the last City on Earth for example and the Guardians have to push the "Corrupted" Guardians back.

I wish Iron Banner was something like that.
    I know that Bungie can do other game modes for PvP. If they were to include a completely new game mode in the DLC, even if it was behind a paywall, it would be amazing. People would probably lode their shit though if they were "forced" to pay for something that they think should be free. I'm not entirely sure why there isn't a CTF mode. And while I wouldn't kill for it, I'd certainly entertain the idea of maiming (or at least seriously insulting someone) for an attack/defend mode.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    I'm going to be grinding bounties and stuff the next hour or two, if anyone needs someone for Nightfall or VoG normal would love to give either a shot, have never gotten to do either. Lvl 27 Titan. PSN name is Orestus, on PS4.

• Options

That if they leveled their hunter to 15, which unlocks the sub-classes for all of your character slots, then switched their warlock to sunsinger and their titan to defender at level 1? Hmmmmm?

Wait, that's a thing? I haven't tried to use my alt's defender subclass but I also am 15 with her already.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Well, sorry Team Motorboat Kitten. Doesn't look like I'm leaving work anytime soon. You might want to send out feelers for an alternate.

@Erevar how late does this run usually go? Wouldn't mind helping you.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So has the additional Halloween stuff been figured out yet?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular

Wait, that's a thing? I haven't tried to use my alt's defender subclass but I also am 15 with her already.

Yep, having already gotten to 20 with my titan, when I created my hunter as soon as I could move after the opening cinematic I was able to change my subclass to blade dancer.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    On XB1, someone wanna join me for weekly nightfall and/or heroic?

Hit me up, OFRunner

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm soloing the weekly on PS4, however friends are welcome! I'll put out another call when I reach the boss.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Looking for a 6th for normal mode raid.

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    @Crayon‌ my roommate needs to run it if you need another. Psn jarydm. I'd be playing his guy and I've done the raid

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
This discussion has been closed.