As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    that was really dumb, the moment with bob

i had flashbacks to earlier seasons

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Well technically she's had it the shortest time. But I suppose you could argue that she's starting out softer anyway?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    yah that music at the end really tricked me, it was we are having a moment music but then its like the record scratched and the cop hits her on the back.

OK, I don't usually think I know exactly what's going to happen on the show but...I knew exactly what was going to happen.
    Honestly,
    how do you recognize someone who has been zombified and then melted onto the pavement? You don't; take off your Bob-goggles Sasha!

Also, I know we just have to kind of roll with what happens, but how is everyone getting knocked out so easy? I guess we believe the cop pushed her REALLY hard, but it seems like that's the kind of hit you take and pull a Peter Griffin going SHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHH because it hurts real bad and not drop-to-the-floor-unconcious force. Unless...what if it's not just the zombies with soft skulls, but the virus/infection/whatever that everyone already has is slowly softening human skulls too! *gasp*

so like,

I'm right in thinking that if you actually hit someone hard enough for them to lose consciousness for a long period of time, they'd probably be seriously fucked up right?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »
    yah that music at the end really tricked me, it was we are having a moment music but then its like the record scratched and the cop hits her on the back.

OK, I don't usually think I know exactly what's going to happen on the show but...I knew exactly what was going to happen.
    Honestly,
    how do you recognize someone who has been zombified and then melted onto the pavement? You don't; take off your Bob-goggles Sasha!

Also, I know we just have to kind of roll with what happens, but how is everyone getting knocked out so easy? I guess we believe the cop pushed her REALLY hard, but it seems like that's the kind of hit you take and pull a Peter Griffin going SHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHH because it hurts real bad and not drop-to-the-floor-unconcious force. Unless...what if it's not just the zombies with soft skulls, but the virus/infection/whatever that everyone already has is slowly softening human skulls too! *gasp*

so like,

I'm right in thinking that if you actually hit someone hard enough for them to lose consciousness for a long period of time, they'd probably be seriously fucked up right?

That's not how it works in Hollywood.

• Options
    SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    in hollywood there is a button inside a persons head that you can press by applying slight force to the head, if this button is pressed the person will pass out for about 30 min, they will wake up unharmed and the plot will have moved on.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    TV/movie unconsciousness doesn't work like real life. Eugene's extended unconsciousness, Sasha getting knocked out by just a decent blow to a glass window, etc. And yeah, Sasha buying what that guy was selling was so stupid. But this show could be subtitled "A bunch of people exercise no common sense whatsoever at any time and there are zombies," so it's par for the course.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Sasha was manipulated. She isn't stupid.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I think Rick shoulders more of the stupidity blame for leaving an emotionally compromised Sasha alone to guard the hostage.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Eugene's unconsciousness is legitimate. That span is only about a few hours according to what's going on. Getting the shit punched out of your face, then hitting your face on the pavement is "permanent brain damage" territory.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, but Sasha buying that dude's manipulation was stupid. She's emotionally compromised so there's that, but still. You don't buy anything that's being sold by your prisoner, a guy who is helping keep your friends captive. It should've been obvious he'd say anything to work you over.

And the stupidity RE: Eugene's unconsciousness is not in that being unconscious for hours if you don't get proper medical care after blows to the head is unrealistic, it's the fact that we all know that when he comes to he's going to be fine and not permanently brain damaged from it.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Yeah, but Sasha buying that dude's manipulation was stupid. She's emotionally compromised so there's that, but still. You don't buy anything that's being sold by your prisoner, a guy who is helping keep your friends captive. It should've been obvious he'd say anything to work you over.

Like you said, she was emotionally compromised. That was a thing with her throughout the episode. Emotionally compromised people don't generally think straight, they react with their emotions. She was feeling guilty for not finishing off Bob himself, so she tried to do a do-over with Two-Bob's friend.

• Options
    Nah I just thought it was really shortcut stupid

Doop de doo let me just turn my back to you buddy

Not gonna make you stand back or tie you back up or anything

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I can buy that it's reasonable that she did it, just stupid. Plenty of things are stupid that can be reasonably explained and believable.

Joshmvii on
  • Options

And the stupidity RE: Eugene's unconsciousness is not in that being unconscious for hours if you don't get proper medical care after blows to the head is unrealistic, it's the fact that we all know that when he comes to he's going to be fine and not permanently brain damaged from it.

Well, the fun thing is with medical shit that even the most mundane diagnoses can have miraculous outcomes. So yeah, even though it's brain damage territory, he could be 100% okay. Small margin, maybe 2.5% chance, but sometimes you get double sixes in Monopoly too!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    You don't live this long after the apocalypse acting the way Sasha did. It's the same infuriating writing that makes Carroll toss her gun through a door without looking and then crawling through ass first. This isn't one of those "I would do this during zombies" things. This is a "nobody living after 2 years in this hellscape would be this stupid" things. It's bogus because there are ways to put your characters into peril without first making them lose credibility in the world you've created for them.

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    You don't live this long after the apocalypse acting the way Sasha did. It's the same infuriating writing that makes Carroll toss her gun through a door without looking and then crawling through ass first. This isn't one of those "I would do this during zombies" things. This is a "nobody living after 2 years in this hellscape would be this stupid" things. It's bogus because there are ways to put your characters into peril without first making them lose credibility in the world you've created for them.

I think thats been my continued complaint about The Walking Dead. Its that their characters continue to use logic that would make sense within the first week or so of the outbreak, not two years later. The Writers have a really hard time thinking how survivors would adapt to living in the apocalypse after long periods of time. They've really lacked the intelligence and critical thinking part in that department. After two years Zombies would probably become little more than bad weather since the survivors have probably become adept at dispatching them easily.

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    dem burn zombers D:

fffff

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Even going through face first and putting your gun through is fine, so long as you checked to make sure the coast was still clear.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Weird, FX here in the UK is acting like that was the last episode til after Xmas. The 8th episode is not on the Sky + auto record schedule. :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Caught up on last 2 episodes. I like that Carol just got hit by car and taken and it wasn't some super mastermind plan to infiltrate the hospital. She was getting to be a little too badass. Also, there is now tension in group because Rick keeps wanting to just kill everyone and not ask questions like Carol used to do, maybe he had this new change of heart after Terminus and then asking to be in Carol's group now. But, Daryl has now brought Carol back from that brink and is now also taking the opposite side with Rick's ideas which surprised him at first. I'd say there is conflict in their group still.

Rhah on
  • Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Waffen wrote: »

I think thats been my continued complaint about The Walking Dead. Its that their characters continue to use logic that would make sense within the first week or so of the outbreak, not two years later. The Writers have a really hard time thinking how survivors would adapt to living in the apocalypse after long periods of time. They've really lacked the intelligence and critical thinking part in that department. After two years Zombies would probably become little more than bad weather since the survivors have probably become adept at dispatching them easily.

Just keep in mind that Zombies can only be easily dispatched when the plot calls for it. If the plot does not call for it well trained zombie killers generally trip or back up to a zombie infested tree.

• Options
    I think Rick has realized that there's just some evil people in this world and there's no point in trying to argue or debate with them.

Especially after what happened with the Governor. And double especially with what happened with Terminus. No point even bothering, rescue/help your group, lone survivors are okay, opposing groups should be met with caution at all times.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Nah I just thought it was really shortcut stupid

Doop de doo let me just turn my back to you buddy

Not gonna make you stand back or tie you back up or anything
    With all the shit they've gone though, you got to wonder how they can still get duped by something like that from someone they barely even know aside from the fact that he's potentially dangerous and a part of a faction you're working against.

Hopefully it's an eye opener for her, I liked how she was wisely starting to become more cynical.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Waffen wrote: »

Yes it's mainly just lazy writing

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

I still have hope. I don't recall them ever showing Eugene being okay. There was this growly noise from his direction, then Maggie was all, "oh yay, he's awake" and started walking towards him, then cut to another group.

There is still a small chance that next time we see them, Eugene is eating Maggie's face and Abraham is deciding to kill himself.

(Yeah, I know, ain't gonna happen. )

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    It would be interesting if Eugene wakes up super brain damaged and can no longer take care of himself, and they have to decide what to do with him now that Abroham broke him.

But who am I kidding, next time we see him he's going to stand up, say "I do apologize for lying to you. However, I do believe you almost knocked my mullet directly off my head with your fisticuffs so I do believe we are now even."

And then they're never going to reference the incident again.

• Options
    Yeah this show is v entertaining and I enjoy it but it seems like the writing is keeping it from true greatness

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    It would be interesting if Eugene wakes up super brain damaged and can no longer take care of himself, and they have to decide what to do with him now that Abroham broke him.

Is Eugene a metaphor for the show in this scenario?

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

They've spent most of their time trying to outwit zombies rather than people, and Sasha has encountered three good survivor groups, one bad survivor group and one good survivor group led by a madman.
    On top of this, Rick had just vouched for the fellow policeman.

That combined with the chance to get over the loss of Bob easily explains why she would be blind to the danger, though I don't think it was all that surprising. To be honest I think it would have been played slightly better had they tied it a bit more into the theme of the episode - made it look like the paranoid comments we've got here and Rick's attitude are starting to verge on the monstrous when really what needs to happen is people working together, then had the final twist showing that paranoia doesn't mean they're not after you after a bit of a pretwist where it turns out that Sasha might have been briefly right.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Not a game discussion, but.. after playing Season Two of Telltales Walking Dead..

I just really really hope that somehow some of these characters, against all odds, show up in some aspect. Imagine the entire group being outdone by Clem.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Damn, its been a really hard season for anyone who's name starts with "B."

Rick's delivery on the "shut up" line at the beginning of the episode was great though.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Tonight's Episode:
    As fun as it was seeing Maximiliano Hernandez (officer Bob) get struck by another moving vehicle this year, Daryl was right. Three would have been better than Two...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    God damn it.

Now I need to find a new source for my emily kinney fix.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I feel like I missed something, or the editing was off or something...
    How did Beth actually get her head blown off? Didn't Officer Bossypants have her sidearm holstered? The shot came like a split second after Beth stabbed her. Surely her reaction time isn't that fast right? Or maybe there's a crucial detail I missed there.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I feel like I missed something, or the editing was off or something...
    How did Beth actually get her head blown off? Didn't Officer Bossypants have her sidearm holstered? The shot came like a split second after Beth stabbed her. Surely her reaction time isn't that fast right? Or maybe there's a crucial detail I missed there.
    I'd guess Dawn may have had her hand on her sidearm at the time. I mean, it's not like any of the cops took the time to secure their weapons in their holsters. If the gun's not secured, it only takes a fraction of a second to draw and point upwards. It didn't look like it was an aimed shot, more like a reflexive action. Maybe Dawn had some close calls with walkers in the past and got really good at shooting people in the head when they were up close and personal like that.

At least, that's how it seemed in the seconds between Beth getting shot and Dawn getting shot. From Dawn's expression it wasn't a "Hey, that was a well considered reaction to getting stabbed with a pair of scissors", it seemed a lot more "Oh crap, what did I just do?".

I didn't get a good look at the end, aside from Noah, did it look like anyone else from the hospital was coming along? Thought it might have been a good chance to refill the redshirts.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Well
    for her to take aim and shoot Beth in the head that fast, it seems like she would've needed to have had her gun already drawn and pointed at Beth's head.

It was a pretty dumb thing for Beth to do. She endangered everyone. Better to have left with Rick and lived to fight another day.

Also I fucking hate the Talking Dead. Tune in just a few minutes early and have the entire goddamn episode spoiled.

It's just weird that they would actually use up air time to show a show about the show they just showed.

RT800 on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I'm confused
    why the fuck did that happen? why did beth stab dawn

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    I couldn't disagree more, I love the Talking Dead when it has good guests who are fully engaged with the topics, its entertaining and elucidating.

I could care less about their stupid quiz though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    I'm confused
    why the fuck did that happen? why did beth stab dawn

Yeah I didn't quite get this either.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    That was a problematic episode.
    The writing did not work for Beth to do what she did, I just don't buy that she'd go on a sucide mission just because she felt Dawn was poisonous to the hospital. She was not only signing her own death warrant but possibly the deaths of everyone else. The episode was contrived just because the writers needed Beth to die, which is disappointing because this season has been the best yet and hasn't really had a single contrived moment till now.

Still, Lincoln's performance continues to be absolutely mesmerizing (what a great character arc, he's a totally different man since Season 3) and the cold open was amazing. Very excited to see Morgan reunite with him and everything that brings, and the show is still firing on all cylinders. The cinematography is also on another level from past seasons - now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a show improve so much this late in the game. Looking forward to the back half.

Bubby on
This discussion has been closed.