Options

[EVE Online] MRCHI RecruitmeOHGOD WE ARE BEING INVADED (March 2016)

1131415161719»

• Options
    spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    Doing my civic duty to bang brody's booty and also make post in the recruitment thread.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    The person that left over half of my assets in that space assuming we would be back soon.

nah man, look at it this way. Whenever CCP gets rid of outposts all of our assets get moved to lowsec and it will be glorious. I have years worth of overseer shit laying about those outposts.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    BezekiraBezekira Registered User new member
    Or look at it this way, When we invade there again you will have all the assets you need already in place :P

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Ok, my free trial on the account I'm going to using has expired... time to be dormant until ftp happens.

Then I'm totally going to post in the recruitment thread and join up.

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Ok, my free trial on the account I'm going to using has expired... time to be dormant until ftp happens.

Then I'm totally going to post in the recruitment thread and join up.

sounds good!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    My EVE character’s name is Summary and I am applying to Merch Industrial.

Wooo, copy and paste. Unfortunately, I didn't reference my forum handle in my in-game recruitment e-mail, but here we are. Thanks!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So what can you actually do with a free clone?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    You can shoot things! In SPACE!!! And probably haul things? Or maybe mine things. I don't know, I don't do the second or third things much even when my account is subbed. Its kind of like a trial account, but it never expires. I expect there will be alpha clone fleets popping up sooner or later, something that's fun, and due to alpha clone limits, cheap.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    To be a little more specific, alpha clones are capable of competently flying small combat ships (cruisers and smaller) effectively, but are very limited in terms of income generation.

To be much more specific, read below.

A full list of eve skills can be found here. If you've never played EVE before, you have no idea what those allow you to do, so here's the breakdown.

1) In terms of ships, alpha clones are limited to frigates, destroyers, and cruisers. That is actually a solid selection for someone dipping their toes into EVE. Join an organization (either MRCHI or some other established newbie friendly group) and, in a properly fit ship, you can actively contribute to a fleet. There is a caveat here. The combat (weapons and electronic warfare) skills and ship skills an alpha clone can train are limited to the race of the alpha clone. A Caldari pilot will be able to fly only Caldari ships on an alpha clone. Similarly, a Caldari pilot can use only weapons that are associated with the Caldari race (hybrid turrets and missile systems). So, if you want to make pew pew sounds with lasers like I do, you must make an Amarr pilot.

2) What are considered "core" skills, skills that allow you to move faster, improve the ability to fit modules on ships, tanking skills, etc. are common across all alpha clone races. So, if you decide you want to upgrade to an omega clone, but want to use new weapons, those core skills will always be relevant and helpful.

3) Money making opportunities through mining and industry are very limited. You can mine, but the most advanced mining ships you can use are mining frigates. You can mine to see what it is like and make a little bit of isk. Similarly, you can produce things, but only T1 modules. This is deliberate so that people do not abuse the systems by making alpha clones to be isk farms.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I have played before, but not done a ton. I would just keep training skills, set something really long and then go inactive until it finished. Then they made skills not train when you don't play.

The racial thing is kind of annoying, I started Caldari because I don't know why, but I pretty much only flew gallente ships because I was too cheap to buy ammo and drones seemed cool. So sounds like there isn't too much that's useful to do while you are on the trial mode. Which I get they want money.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    The goal is to give people a taste of EVE so they subscribe, yeah. If all you want is to log in, shoot shit, and die in a glorious fire, Red vs. Blue is still up and running.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I have played before, but not done a ton. I would just keep training skills, set something really long and then go inactive until it finished. Then they made skills not train when you don't play.

The racial thing is kind of annoying, I started Caldari because I don't know why, but I pretty much only flew gallente ships because I was too cheap to buy ammo and drones seemed cool. So sounds like there isn't too much that's useful to do while you are on the trial mode. Which I get they want money.

Skills do train when not logged in, as long as the account is subbed. This has never changed.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I gave this game a shot about 2, maybe 3 weekends ago. Back whenever Steam did their final "free play weekend" before the game went full F2P.

I dunno what to think about it. I'm still technically in the tutorials. I've got the new ship, outfitted it, and I'm ready to go on the mission to fight pirates or something. Hopefully that game gives me a better taste of what the game is really like.

I just feel like there's very little that one single person can accomplish, and I know that even if I were to actually start playing it for realsies, it would be very casually and I don't know that I'd be able to contribute anything meaningful to a community.

• Options

Skills do train when not logged in, as long as the account is subbed. This has never changed.

At one point, skills trained even when the account wasn't subbed though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I contribute nothing to the MRCHI group on most occasions, and when I do sub up and join a fleet, I'm mostly good as cannon fodder.

I guess I do import ships to sell, which tangentially benefits people, but as part of the imperium, there is always something happening, and something you could probably do to help, even if it's small. And those small things add up. When we introduced newb e-war ships, they spent an entire fleet stopping the opposing Fleet Commander from targeting anything, significantly reducing his ability to actually lead.

• Options
    edited December 2016

Yes, although if you're paying money to log in every few weeks/months to simply train new skills I would suggest you are better off joining a group to get some content or play another game.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I gave this game a shot about 2, maybe 3 weekends ago. Back whenever Steam did their final "free play weekend" before the game went full F2P.

I dunno what to think about it. I'm still technically in the tutorials. I've got the new ship, outfitted it, and I'm ready to go on the mission to fight pirates or something. Hopefully that game gives me a better taste of what the game is really like.

I just feel like there's very little that one single person can accomplish, and I know that even if I were to actually start playing it for realsies, it would be very casually and I don't know that I'd be able to contribute anything meaningful to a community.

EVE is very much a group game. One of the first things stated in the EVE thread back when I joined in 2009 (ohgod) was "stop playing the game solo you moron". There are things you can do solo if they're your jam (mining, industry, trading), but even those things are done better as part of an active group. In terms of combat, there is always this classic image.
    oxyji7bclqh6.jpeg

That's less relevant today due to the ascendance of non-tackling electronic warfare. The "problem" with ewar is that there is little concrete feedback. When you tackle something, you get a notification you are the one pinning them down. When you tracking disrupt something, there is no tactile feedback, so it seems less engaging and oftentimes players aren't convinced they're actually contributing. To combat this, 23rd-best-FC-in-the-Imperium Asher Elias made this high-quality image.
    93b8jh0rtscw.png

Honestly, one of he best ways to contribute to a community is be a part of the community. "Never stop posting" is only sort of a joke. Be on jabber (or your organization's respective chat client) and build relationships. Skills will come with time on their own.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Asher has moved up to number 23? Did we lose an FC?

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Asher has moved up to number 23? Did we lose an FC?

or 12?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Asher is actually one of my favorite FC's. But part of that comes from having spent a lot of time chilling in non-existent fleets with him.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »

Yes, although if you're paying money to log in every few weeks/months to simply train new skills I would suggest you are better off joining a group to get some content or play another game.

Well yeah, that's why I stopped playing. I think I was off and on resubbing off of ISK not money at that point, had joined some random group that leased space in bottom right area, but it got invaded out and then they turned off non subbed training and I think I may have "wisely invested" my ISK into some sort of banking scam.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Well yeah, that's why I stopped playing. I think I was off and on resubbing off of ISK not money at that point, had joined some random group that leased space in bottom right area, but it got invaded out and then they turned off non subbed training and I think I may have "wisely invested" my ISK into some sort of banking scam.

All EVE businesspeople are oustanding citizens.

• Options
    All capsule pilots are immortal gods who are above morals.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

The only time I'd use the word "outstanding" with EVE businesspeople is in the phrase "outstanding warrants"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

The only time I'd use the word "outstanding" with EVE businesspeople is in the phrase "outstanding warrants"

Look, isk doubling is an ancient and honorable profession.

• Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Hello my Eve character's name is Delarius Forge and I would like to apply to Merch Industrial. I had a character by a different name (Delarius I believe) that I was in the corp with about 8 years ago but I deleted it out of sheer brilliance...

Started playing again after seeing the changes and so far I'm liking it.

• Options
    I'll try to push button on you today. Welcome back!

For everyone else, the new recruitment thread is here for the most up-to-date information.

This discussion has been closed.