As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Who the hell are French Bread and Examu

French Bread are responsible for Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth, and some licensed/crossover fighters.

Examu Inc. are responsible for Arcana Heart and licensed/crossover fighters.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Patching the drivers to the PS4 on a system level isn't going to encourage people to buy new PS4 compatible sticks.

I'm sure that would piss someone off somewhere.

Mad Catz. Hori.

At least the PS4 Mad Catz sticks have improved greatly, but I still love my QUANBA Q4 RAF and want to use it on the PS4. It was a far better stick than any of the MC PS360 sticks and came dual-system (+ PC) by default without any modding.

I'm still just waiting until I can buy a board for my custom stick. Right now it's using a Mad Catz 360 controller, but I'd like to replace it with something fairly cheap and compatible with both PC and PS4.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    My US PS+ runs out soon. Thank God they have the same games as freebies as the EU PS+.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Mega Man 8 is coming as a PS1 Classic

I'm not sure what's going on at Capcom right now, but first Tron Bonne and now this..and so close to E3...could it mean something?

Given that Capcom just said HD remasters are going to be a core part of its business strategy from now on, it means they'll re-release every goddamn thing they can.

DMC4 Remaster looks pretty sweet though! Like, actual work went into it and it's only $25. If that's how they're going to do things, then I'm all for it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    DmC:DE wasn't a lazy port either.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Speaking of Capcom ports: http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/capcom-still-riding-the-remaster-train-resident-evil-0-hd-remastered-coming-2016/

Not even remotely surprised, but still looking forward to it. Zero wasn't the best RE but it had some good moments.

The Leech Man was legit spooky.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm personally hoping we see another Mega Man Collection, only with 9 & 10 added. I still have my Gamecube version and the reversed buttons is a bit annoying. Also I'd love to have a physical copy of 9 & 10.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I have a feeling a new Mega Man collection would be digital-only.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

If it's on the Vita it would be a day one purchase for me. Portable Mega Man for the win!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

Probably. :(

@DoctorArch I agree. I have MM 1-6 on my 3DS strictly because I love the portability of them. I'd love to have 9 & 10 release for the 3DS.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    I don't like every single Mega Man game, but I would buy a Vita collection of 1-10 so hard.

• Options
    My PS4 has been randomly turning on and ejecting whatever disc is inside. It will continue to beep and eject unless I turn it off. This also happened while I was in the middle of watching a movie.

What gives? I never had this problem before.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Capcom ports: http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/capcom-still-riding-the-remaster-train-resident-evil-0-hd-remastered-coming-2016/

Not even remotely surprised, but still looking forward to it. Zero wasn't the best RE but it had some good moments.

The Leech Man was legit spooky.

Worst game of the traditional series but eh, I'll buy (and platinum) it anyway. Gotta support real RE.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    My PS4 has been randomly turning on and ejecting whatever disc is inside. It will continue to beep and eject unless I turn it off. This also happened while I was in the middle of watching a movie.

Yeah, welcome to the club. Nobody knows for sure what causes it. There are a few supposed remedies, but I've done everything short of the screw adjustment method and nothing works. I'm actually shutting my PS4 down right now to give that a shot, though, because it just did it again.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I'm stuck without access to a computer for a bit and posting on my Kindle is a nightmare, so doing the update post is a no go for now. Spoiler, there's no sales listed again and they're trying to say it has something to do with E3 planning or something which doesn't make sense on several levels. So it's a format choice that's sticking until after E3. And then probably after, too. So I guess starting tonight, I'll try to point out some sales weekly.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Yeah, welcome to the club. Nobody knows for sure what causes it. There are a few supposed remedies, but I've done everything short of the screw adjustment method and nothing works. I'm actually shutting my PS4 down right now to give that a shot, though, because it just did it again.

This happens to me. Sometimes it happens a lot and sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks.

Speaking of Mega Man, I would also buy the shit out of a collection and then instantly regret it because I suck at Mega Man games. I bought Maverick Hunter X or whatever it is on my Vita and I think I beat one boss. If that. So depressing.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

This happens to me. Sometimes it happens a lot and sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks.
    Same here. Anyway, I adjusted that screw and it hasn't done it again yet, but it may be a placebo effect.

• Options
    I ran it in Safe Mode and picked the "Rebuild Database" option. So far no ejections, but if it persists I'll try the screw method.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Well, I can finally do the Store Update post.
    Playstation Plus

Playstation Plus Specials

Title Platform PS Plus Specials Price Original Price

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Bundle PS3 $11.24 $14.99
    Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin PS3 $31.99 $39.99
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse PS+ Bundle PS3 $44.99 $49.99
    Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires PS3 $27.99 $39.99
    Helldivers Turning Up The Heat Edition PS3 $17.99 $19.99
    Bloodborne PS4 $47.99 $59.99
    Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin PS4 $47.99 $59.99
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse PS+ Bundle PS4 $53.99 $59.99
    Helldivers Turning Up The Heat Edition PS4 $17.99 $19.99
    The Order: 1886 PS4 $47.99 $59.99
    Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist Of Dusk PS Vita $27.99 $39.99
    Helldivers Turning Up The Heat Edition PS Vita $17.99 $19.99
    Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart PS Vita $27.99 $39.99
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines Bundle PS Vita $14.99 $19.99
    Some of the Sales

NOTE: Store Page doesn't list what the original price was in all cases so I can't really give comparisons.
    NOTE 2: This is just a portion of the sales, what I think people might be interested in - There are more on the store itself.

(PS4) The Evil Within Digital Bundle $44.99
    (PS4) Metro Redux $24.99
    (PS4) Metro 2033 Redux $14.99
    (PS4) Metro: Last Light Redux $14.99
    (PS4) Saints Row IV: Re-Elected & Gat Out of Hell Bundle $15.49
    (PS4) Far Cry 4 $29.99
    (PS3) The Evil Within Digital Bundle $44.99
    (PS3) Far Cry Classic $3.49
    (PS3) Far Cry 2 $6.49
    (PS3) Far Cry 3 $9.99
    (PS3) Far Cry 4 $29.99
    (PS3) Saints Row 2 Ultimate Edition $24.99
    (PS3) Saints Row: The Third The Full Package $19.99
    (PS3) Saints Row IV $8.49
    (PS3) Catharine $14.99

Spelunky (PS4/3/Vita), Fez (PS4/3/Vita), Metro: Last Light (PS3), TowerFall Ascension (PS4) and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3) are all included but I can't see their prices because they're already on my account and if I log out, they might be the same actual prices because this whole thing is fucking stupid.

Price Changes

Platform Title New Price Original Price

PS4 FIFA 15 $39.99 $59.99
    PS4 FIFA 15 DELUXE EDITION (PS4) $44.99 $59.99
    PS4 MADDEN NFL 15 $39.99 $59.99
    PS4 NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS COMPLETE EDITION (PS4) $39.99 $59.99
    PS4 NHL 15 $39.99 $59.99
    PS3 FIFA 15 $39.99 $59.99
    PS3 FIFA 15 DELUXE EDITION (PS3) $44.99 $59.99
    PS3 NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS COMPLETE EDITION $39.99 $59.99
    PS3 TIME AND ETERNITY $9.99 $19.99

-(PS4 Pre-Order) Lego Jurassic World $59.99

-(PS3 Pre-Order) Lego Jurassic World $49.99

-(PS4) Badland Game of the Year $11.99
    -(PS4) Magicka 2 $14.99
    -(PS4) Roundabout $14.99
    -(PS4) Ultra Street Fighter IV $24.99
    -(PS4) Arcade Archives Crazy Climber $7.99
    -(PS4) Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid $7.99

-(PS3) Badland Game of the Year $11.99
    -(PS3) Weird Park: The Final Show $14.99

-(Vita) Badland Game of the Year $11.99
    -(Vita) Invizimals: The Resistance $14.99
    -(Vita) Octodad: Dadliest Catch $14.99
    -(Vita) Vitamin Z (Out 5/27) FREE

-(PSOne Classics) Mega Man 8 (Out 5/27) $5.99

Well, that was wholly unpleasant. For reference to my earlier statement about the Sales issue:
    + Justin Massongill on May 26th, 2015 at 5:59 pm said:

Hey everyone, we’ve seen the feedback in the last few Store Updates’ comments — we’re looking into ways to get the sale tables back into the post for future updates. We’re knee-deep in E3 planning for the next few weeks, but we’ll revisit after the show.

So there you have it, E3 planning is apparently so intensive that nobody has five minutes to make a table.

So Magicka 2 hits PS4 (there's also a Special Edition at $19.99 I think, dunno what's in it) this week alongside Ultra Street Fighter IV. Badlands hits all three systems, making you wonder how a game you haven't heard of is apparently a Game of the Year game. And the Vita gets Octodad: Dadliest Catch which isn't Cross-Buy? Maybe? And Invizimals: The Resistance.

So, yeah.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Sounds like USF4 is a really bad port, so I'd wait and see if they patch it before buying.

• Options
    Yea, I was actually planning on getting Ultra for the PS4, but with the info about how bad the port is, I might just go ahead and wait until SFV comes out. It's not like I don't have more than enough to play already. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So this is cool. A port of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment was just announced for the PS4, and it's coming west this summer. The sequel, Lost Song, is hitting Vita + PS4 in Autumn.

The first game sold very well enough on Vita in the west so they're branching out to PS4 and going for even more sales.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I assume Hollow Fragment is getting a decent translation this time?

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yea, I was actually planning on getting Ultra for the PS4, but with the info about how bad the port is, I might just go ahead and wait until SFV comes out. It's not like I don't have more than enough to play already. :P

It's, well, it's complete. All the characters, all the costumes. But there are a ton of sound bugs, some display issues, the menus run at half speed and the ping meters don't work.

But it was the first time I have played Street Fighter in months and it still managed to be a good time.

• Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    So there you have it, E3 planning is apparently so intensive that nobody has five minutes to make a table.

Eh, I'm willing to cut them some slack. This time of year for them is probably just as stressful as it is exciting. I'd be looking to cut corners to if I had an extra workload on top of my regular duties.

Now if the sales table doesn't return to the blog after E3 ...

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    I assume Hollow Fragment is getting a decent translation this time?

We can only hope. I mean, the appolized for the state of the first game's and promised the second would get a real translation.

Hopefully they're redoing the first game's for PS4.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Maybe I should buy Jeanne d'Arc.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    eaving PS Plus:

3rd June: Ether One (PS4)
    3rd June: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
    3rd June: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
    3rd June: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
    3rd June: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
    3rd June: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

3rd June: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
    3rd June: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
    3rd June: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
    3rd June: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
    3rd June: Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)
    3rd June: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

Cool.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Whelp, I just bought Ground Zeroes when it went on sale. That stinks. A free demo is better than a super cheap demo. :(

Skull of the Shogun...does anyone have any experience with this game? Any good?

Also, Race the Sun 2.0? No thanks.

Pretty interesting month, just sad about GZ.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Race the Sun is amazing

• Options
    I'm sure it's awesome for those who love that type of game. I don't have the patience for them. I don't like games that get brutally hard for the sake of being brutally hard. That's why I will also be passing on Cloudberry Kingdom. It's just not my thing.

I am always amazed, though, by people who are really good at those type of games. I enjoy watching them be awesome.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Nice lineup. I'm only really interested in Skulls of the Shogun but I might try out some of the others and some point and GZ is excellent.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I played Skulls of the Shogun on iPad, and thought it was pretty great. I probably won't start it over again, but maybe I'll check out some multiplayer on this version. Anyone know if there is asynchronys MP on the PS4 version?

Super Exploding Zoo looks like it could be pretty cool, but otherwise nothing there interests me. I don't mind though, because I've still barely scratched the surface of Witcher 3 and I got Magicka 2.

• Options
    Well, that's 4 disappointing months in a row for me.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Disappointing because you already own the stuff you're interested in, or are you waiting for a specific thing? Because DriveClub probably isn't coming.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Own 1, not interested in the other 5.

• Options
    Own 1, not interested in the other 5.

This is about my thoughts for the months offerings.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Anybody here getting the Portal pinball table? Not sure if I should start buying tables on PS4 or keep getting them on steam.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Plus expires mid-June for me so I think I should have plenty of time to download & play Ground Zeroes. It's been a few disappointing months in a row. :(

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It will likely take longer to download it than play it.