As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Have other seen the new rules for Rubrics? They may actually be useful, but they've found a unique way to add bodies to the table.

Basically it's Hail Magnus, when one falls two more shall take its place.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Rubrics themselves look pretty unchanged, stat and pointswise. They can all take AP4 warpfire flamers (ala flamers of zeech), and one per 10 can take the rotorcannon (s5, ap3, hevy4 rending). Their 'legion rule' or whatever its called can boost their invuln by 1 if they get a blessing cast on them. Technically, the squad sorcerer can just activate his force weapon and that will boost the squad to 3++

Still really expensive though. No details on the formations yet, but they might shine more in those.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

.....I used some of the new genestealer cult bits and a plague monk body to make a custom Warp-Grinder over the weekend....

What I'm saying is my Skitarats will melt his piddly little cultists bring it onnnn

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Probably a stupid question, but slacking at work and thinking about spending money I don't have has made me curious.
    What's the differences between the assorted models for the Imperial knights?

I mean there's this Knight bundle for 925 bucks which comes with parts for 5 knights of assorted types the cost working out to 195 per knight. Which matches the cost of the kits if you buy them individually for the Crusader and the Warden. But two of the knights are listed separately for 155 on the site (the Paladin and the Errant).

Just idle curiosity on my part, I don't really see myself investing in 40k any time soon. But, giant stompy bots get my attention.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    The more expensive kit (crusader/warden) has one more sprue that has the gatling cannon, fist, and carapace mounted weapons on it (and a few extra faceplates). Otherwise theyre exactly the same. The crusdaer/warden kit can make the paladin/errant.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but slacking at work and thinking about spending money I don't have has made me curious.

I mean there's this Knight bundle for 925 bucks which comes with parts for 5 knights of assorted types the cost working out to 195 per knight. Which matches the cost of the kits if you buy them individually for the Crusader and the Warden. But two of the knights are listed separately for 155 on the site (the Paladin and the Errant).

Just idle curiosity on my part, I don't really see myself investing in 40k any time soon. But, giant stompy bots get my attention.

If you like giant stompy bots keep an eye out for the rumors about adeptus titanicus coming back. It's warhammer where titans are the stars of the show.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Long time no see, 40k thread. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in some of my 40k stuff, I'm looking at selling a lot of it since I need a new car, and I haven't played in years. I'm in the process of gathering it all up, but I have something like 12k points of IG(lots of armour), along with various marines, eldar, and tau. I'd rather they find good homes with y'all before they go on craigslist/ebay. Here's some pics to give an idea of what I have...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbh05dbg9zxv67r/IMG_20161130_155726.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzqmbctmq49vest/IMG_20161130_161841.jpg?dl=0

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Hm, kinda bummed that Imperial Knight: Renegade seems to have come and gone while I wasn't paying attention to the hobby. That seems a good deal for someone who loves stompy bots like me.

I wonder if they'll reprint it? This latest white dwarf has new rules for it, which seems a bit odd for an out of print thing.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    They're doing another run of Space Hulk in december, so more runs of other things might be a possibilty?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

@see317, aren't you U.S.-based? That site is for Australia; when I switch it over to U.S., the price changes to $785.

EDIT: Here, might as well link it.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

@see317, aren't you U.S.-based? That site is for Australia; when I switch it over to U.S., the price changes to $785.

EDIT: Here, might as well link it.

Huh... Weird. I could have sworn I was surfing the US side.
    I mean, the price is still the same for the bundle as it is for 5 individual Crusader/Wardens, just a few fewer American dollars than it is in dollarydoos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w3iPFl-cfI

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I will admit that I didn't do any research past "Hey, this AU should be a US! Thanks, master's degree in computer science!".

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Rumours for Traitor Legions rules are online in various places.
    Alpha Legion looks fun:
    Many Heads of the Hydra: if warlord slain pick a new friendly character from AL detachment or formation. He generates warlord trait immediately. Can do this as long as you can. Opponent won’t get Slay the Warlord if they haven’t killed last remaining warlord from this :)
    There's more but that caught my eye.

And of course EC, all of this looks great so I hope it's true:
    9 Emperor’s Children
    must: only Luciius unique; need mk Slaanesh; only mk Slaamesh; VotLW; psykers & demons can take full from Slaanesh expanded discipline
    gain: fueled by sensation: VotLW gain Fearless & FnP6+ (units w/icon of excess make that FnP4+), VotLW if slain n fight sub phase before it swings gets 1 immediate attack; Matsers Kakophoni: Noise Marines are troops
    WT: all legions get the re-roll their legion warlord trait
    EC Warlord
    gain eternal Warrior;
    +2 Init;
    add 1 to FnP of WL & his unit;
    Gain Fear & melee opponents locked in cc w/warlord & his unit take fear on 3D6;
    +1 attack each time you lose a wound (returns if healed);
    can auto-pass look out sir!

relics:
    Intoxicating elixir (25) make D3 rolls on combat drugs, cumulative, ;
    Shriekwave (20) gun 12” S8,AP2, assault D6, mental trauma (before attack target takes ldsh test and f failed you re-roll these to-wound);
    soul snare Lash (20) soulsnare- (to wound 6 is AP2/instant death) if range( 6” S4 AP5 assault 2, sousnare) or melee S user AP5 melee, soulsnare
    Endless Grin (10) you have fear, enemies w/in6” -1 leadreship;
    Bolts of ecstatic vexation (15) bolt weapons gain blast, ignores cover and pinning;
    Blissgiver (30) AP3 catatonic trance - target must pass ldsh test/wound or die
    army: combat drugs! roll after deployment for all your non-vehicles
    1- +1 WS
    2- +1 BS
    3- +1 Init
    4- +1 S
    5 - +1 T
    6- +1 A
    core: chaos warband, Kakophani (Lucius or Ch Lord, 3-6 noise marines—get split fire & all sonic weapons gain shred. If take 6 noise marines they also get +1 St guns)
    command: lord of legion
    aux: lost & damned + 8
    obj: destroy enemy w/noise weapons; kill enemy in challenge; kill a unit falling back; Vp per unit fails morale, fear, pinning (max 3); your enemy picks obj marker and D3Vo when you take it; D3 VP if your enemy controls no objectives (improves)

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    "5 Word Bearers - tactical objectives are higher reward for them, I think. :)"

Not sure what that means exactly but given that playing the objective is how I play all strategy games... yay?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Well, Games Workshop are going full nostalgia for the Sisters of Battle.

veryidian.jpg

• Options
    To be fair, it's just one Sister, since there's not a range of miniatures coming out with the book.
    This book isn’t accompanying a new range of miniature, but we couldn’t let the release of a new book containing so many awesome sub-factions under the Imperial aegis pass without some sort of model to mark the occasion. So, our Studio Team set sculptor Martin Footit the task of creating an iconic miniature to accompany the book – and he didn’t disappoint.

Still, that's almost a Khornate number of skulls for a single mini.

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    That is one ugly.lookin sister.

The hell happened to the proportions?

• Options
    edited December 2016
    John Blanche happened a couple decades ago.
    f335f0481f60c5d05e901800236ca44f.jpg

I get the nostalgia cashgrab, but man... they couldve redesigned/reposed some parts like they did with that rougetrader marine. Dem boots...

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    That miniature doesn't make any sense to me :/

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    To be fair, it is a pretty faithful representation of that art

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »

It's harkening back to the brighter era of second edition, when men were men, titans were epic, and skull nipples were skull nipples.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Mayday wrote: »

It's harkening back to the brighter era of second edition, when men were men, titans were epic, and skull nipples were skull nipples.

And Imperials were one dripping chain axe away from beig heralds of khorne. :lol:

I'm still ordering one as soon as they go up on Saturday.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I like the NMM on the sword.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Those boots. All I can think of is Chinese foot binding.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tactical Combat Heels

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I showed my wife the Sisters and she was surprised at how non hypersexual they are. Even going so far as saying "Skull bra what a great idea!"

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Did you show her the naughty girls who must be punished?
    99020108006_RepentiaSquadNEW01.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    I showed my wife the Sisters and she was surprised at how non hypersexual they are. Even going so far as saying "Skull bra what a great idea!"

It's the obvious go-to answer for incorporating skeletal remains into your wardrobe.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    I really need to stop playing Freeblade.

I want to buy a knight model so bad.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Do you play any imperial or chaos armies? If yes, get a knight. They're rad and a lot of fun to build/paint.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Do you play any imperial or chaos armies? If yes, get a knight. They're rad and a lot of fun to build/paint.

Working on a Word Bearer force.

I'll maybe get myself one once I make enough other progress.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Um trying to come to a life decision here. I don't paint. When I do, it's not very fast. Saying that, I have a large Imperial Guard army waiting to be oainted. And since they are my first love, I want more. I also have quite a bit of my Imperial Fists, some not even built yet.

And then I started buying a Tzeentch-based Chaos army. I already have a demon prince, three boxes of horrors, two boxes of screamers, the Herald on a disc box, half of the Dark Heresy box, a chaos marine box, and one that had already been built as Thousand Sons marines with the conversion kit.

I know this is a bad time, since the new TSON stuff came out, and it is really nice, but I'm thinking about trading in all the chaos stuff for store credit at the flgs.

It might be enough to get a new IG tank. I'm just really torn on trading it in. Money is tighter than its ever been, and I don't see myself being able to purchase enough to round out the army.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    What % do they give you for trading in?

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/Hk27k6hfxRA

now the Space Marine get to be punching bags for a bit.

also, related, saw a 4chan reaction to the vid indirectly refer to me as "SJW cuck." I must be doing a good job!

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    What does that even meaaaannnn?

Watching Commentary now.

*edit* Man why are people so Salty about DoW III? I made the mistake of reading the comments. It's like the rainbow in Diablo III all over again.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Asher wrote: »

*edit* Man why are people so Salty about DoW III? I made the mistake of reading the comments. It's like the rainbow in Diablo III all over again.
    its just nostalgia. not so different from strong reaction that DoW2 had when it was announced. I don't pay it much mind - it'll evaporate after people start playing and having fun with it.

Matrias on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Wait, Shadow Spectres are in this game? Badass!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Wait, Shadow Spectres are in this game? Badass!
    they fly and do anti-vehicle shit!

edit: we have legit skimming this time. falcons and prisms go over terrain now, unlike dow2.

Matrias on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I love shadow spectres! Also I'll admit I was tentative until I played it at PAXAUS. Having played it I'm all in. Day 1 purchase etc. (As if there was any doubt really)

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
This discussion has been closed.