As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Six foot. Seven foot. Eight foot.

BUNCH!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Once again, if the Legends have the option of taking the easiest route, or the hardest route, they take the dumbest route.
    I mean, they know where the Blood of Christ is, but did they have to get it during WWI? Couldn't they wait a bit after that particular battle is over? Or go before it began? Come on now.

Still interested in where 'reality' goes from here, though. I'm hoping it won't be worse than Flashpoint. At least the villains have some kind of plan going in, probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Once again, if the Legends have the option of taking the easiest route, or the hardest route, they take the dumbest route.
    I mean, they know where the Blood of Christ is, but did they have to get it during WWI? Couldn't they wait a bit after that particular battle is over? Or go before it began? Come on now.

Still interested in where 'reality' goes from here, though. I'm hoping it won't be worse than Flashpoint. At least the villains have some kind of plan going in, probably.

Most recent episode.
    Because picking it up when there isn't a battle going on would be boring TV? I agree it would be smart to wait until the battle was over, or time travel to before the battle, but what fun would that be? We wouldn't get to see our heroes fight ze Germans. And honestly, I think it was worth it for the "What's with me and Nazis?" "well techinically..." lines.

I wonder what's going to happen with reality with all 5 of them touching the spear at the same time. Is it a battle of wills somehow? Brainpower? Just plain ole stubbornness? Might be funny of the whole thing is a loss for the Legion of Doom because Mick is a stubborn bastard and his reality overwrites everyone else.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I should have tried this long ago. Watching via Comcast's site is way less hitchy than watching via CW's site. I don't think Supergirl froze up once whereas Arrow hung up and got pixel-y every couple of minutes last night.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Tonight:
    Are we to infer in this Legion of Doom reality that Trump is president too? Geez, our reality gets Trump without the super science. Ours is truly a dark timeline.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Villains
    I'm going to be sad when there are new villains for next year. Everyone is hitting it out of the park right now, especially Thawne.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Sigh. Why didn't Merlyn and Darkh
    unleash Zombie!Zoom? I thought for sure that Zoom would be their trump card when rushing headlong into a confrontation with Thawne. The Doomiverse is interesting, but I'm a little put off by the fact that it simply can't be any sort of lasting status quo change, since none of the other shows were affected.

I expect that Ray re-invents miniaturization, saves Rip & the Waverider, they time travel back to WWI get the spear, then Mick uses it to restore reality to exactly how it was before the spear was used last, except that post-noble sacrifice Captain Cold is alive again. Because Mick isn't very creative.

• Options
    Sigh. Why didn't Merlyn and Darkh
    unleash Zombie!Zoom? I thought for sure that Zoom would be their trump card when rushing headlong into a confrontation with Thawne. The Doomiverse is interesting, but I'm a little put off by the fact that it simply can't be any sort of lasting status quo change, since none of the other shows were affected.

I expect that Ray re-invents miniaturization, saves Rip & the Waverider, they time travel back to WWI get the spear, then Mick uses it to restore reality to exactly how it was before the spear was used last, except that post-noble sacrifice Captain Cold is alive again. Because Mick isn't very creative.
    From the next week teaser, it seems Zombie!Zoom is released.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Shouldn't removing Captain Cold from the timeline before he can sacrifice himself at the end of season 2 have major impacts on the timeline?

Also, I assume that the Spear of destiny is setting it up so that
    Captain Cold and possibly Laurel can return next season?

• Options
    Good lord this was an awesome episode, from top to bottom.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Shouldn't removing Captain Cold from the timeline before he can sacrifice himself at the end of season 2 have major impacts on the timeline?
    [/spoiler]

Theoretically, but...
    they could pretty easily handwave it that Snart dying in the Vanishing Point gives him a bit of causality exemption.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

Arrow spoilers
    The Black Siren Laurel is coming back as a series regular for Arrow

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Arrow spoilers

Wait what? do you happen to have a link to where this was announced.
    I had a suspicion that was where it was going but i havent seen anything that confirms, its why i ask for a link.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

Arrow spoilers

Wait what? do you happen to have a link to where this was announced.
    I had a suspicion that was where it was going but i havent seen anything that confirms, its why i ask for a link.

Yep

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Legends will be on at 8 PM tomorrow because Prison Break is back and starts at 9 PM.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Legends will be on at 8 PM tomorrow because Prison Break is back and starts at 9 PM.

But they're on two different networks...

I think you mean iZombie

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »

But they're on two different networks...

I think you mean iZombie

I know they are on two different networks but I like to think they did move it so that you could see Wentworth and Dom on Prison Break as well.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Ooooooorrrrrrr........

It could continue the adventures of Mick, Snart, Merlin, and Dahrk after they are sent to Iron Heights after the Legends finale :D

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i watched the first ep of legends season 2 after skipping season 1

it begins with sarah banging queen of france

ok this is respectable

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

ok this is respectable

You're not missing anything. Season 1 was a groanfest, and not the good kind.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Kashaar wrote: »

ok this is respectable

You're not missing anything. Season 1 was a groanfest, and not the good kind.

You can skip all of season 1 and not miss a single thing starting season 2.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    You miss Captain Cold chewing the motherfucking scenery like a boss.

Hawks fucking suck though.

• Options

Hawks, Rip, and Vandal Savage fucking suck though.
    FTFY.

sig.gif
  • Options

Hawks fucking suck though.

I liked the Captain Cold and Mick interaction through the season as well as his interactions with Sara. Everything else was subpar.

Hopefully, they are able to bring CC/Mick back for next season but I'm not optimistic.

• Options
    Damn this was a pretty great episode of Legends.
    Guys, I think we broke time.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Damn this was a pretty great episode of Legends.
    Guys, I think we broke time.
    Yeah, I liked the idea that
    the only way to save "everything" was to do the dumbest thing, which is entirely in their wheelhouse.

I'm kind of irritated that Eobard is For Real Dead this time. I liked that dude's portrayal.

Also, whoever's in charge of this sort of thing needs to take whoever the special guests/one-shots for an episode and not show that in the opening credits. I would have liked [REDACTED]'s appearance way better if I didn't know it was coming.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    “Dead, dead, good as dead.”

Never change, Mick.

I also went back and rewatched the Rogue episodes from Flash. So very good to see CC and Mick interact and how they foil the Flash even being non-Speedsters.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I really hope the sub plot next season that will get occasional updates ,dependent on Arthur Darvill availability, is Rip is training someone to be a time master and it turns out to be Booster Gold!

Edit:

Adding this because i dont want to double post, i have to say my favorite laugh out loud moment had to be when
    After the two teams meet each other and both Rips walks in last, they both look at each other and immediately yell out "Bullocks!" simultaneously.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    Finale was fun, like the show has mostly been this season. I think because of that it has also been a marked improvement. I'm totally on board with how they're going to have to fix the problem they created.

Which, is funny. Everything that's happened is all Rip's fault. If he just would have been able to let go and grieve for his family instead of trying to save them none of this ever would have happened.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    The last fight made no sense.
    You have a literal army of Reverse Flashes who greatly outnumber the actual team, and none of them thing to simply target Sarah directly?

• Options
    You have a literal army of Reverse Flashes who greatly outnumber the actual team, and none of them thing to simply target Sarah directly?

Hmmm. Maybe...
    The plan was to take out the people with actual powers first just in case? Eobard is nothing if not meticulous in his plans.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »

Hmmm. Maybe...
    The plan was to take out the people with actual powers first just in case? Eobard is nothing if not meticulous in his plans.
    With every single fight with a speedster vs a not speedster, the speedster has to not act intelligently in order for there to be a fight.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »

Hmmm. Maybe...
    With every single fight with a speedster vs a not speedster, the speedster has to not act intelligently in order for there to be a fight.
    Plus also, maybe you can't grab the spear while it is charging up. At least that's what's in my head canon to stop Eobard from just grabbing it as I thought the same thing.

• Options

ok this is respectable

ok this is respectable

By skipping Season 1, you do miss Sarah rocking time-period-appropriate clothes and macking on historical ladies.

That was the only reason I bothered with the show at the time.

• Options
    Whatever thing Sara and Snart had in S1 was also worth watching. Also Snart and Rory.

Also Snart and everyone else.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »

Hmmm. Maybe...

I should have been more clear. I knew my explanation was bullshit. I agree with your spoiler entirely. We see it all the time in the DC shows. Overall though I still found the finale to be an entertaining episode.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ok in the camelot episode i saw guinevere and INSTANTLY i was like SARAHS GOING IN

and then there was a vibe and i was like wait are they breaking precedent???

but they dint

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Guinevere always needs to be kissed by a Lance(alot).

sig.gif
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Finally all caught up and I stupidly hope that LoT Aruba set up another crossover.

Also, I am super surprised that after disliking him so much last season that I think Heatwave is so great this season.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options