As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Counter Logic... maybe a name change is in order?

Stick with the Fucking Plan Gaming. ...StFuPlG.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Seeing the enemy team first pick Blitz and going OH NO YOU DON'T!' in response, immediately picking Leona, and then systematically destroying bottom lane is satisfying.

But not as Satisfying as being awesome at warding, noticing the enemy team setting up a murder bush, and E'ing and Ult'ing into it catching their entire team, which is then proceeded by your team's Mummy, Kat, and Lucian ults as they all die before they get to do shit.

God I love Leona and her glorious surfboard.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    surfbort

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I don't know what support I love more.

Leona and her give no shits charging in of reckless abandon.
    Janna the goddess slut of assists and denying enemy kills on your teamates.
    Or Sona, goddess slut of support killsteals and hitting too damn heart with Q + Power Chord.

I wish Taric was still good. :(

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    I also wish Taric was decent. He's one of my favourite supports to mess around on. But he's just so useless after the laning phase. And even that's dependent on the match up.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Or Sona, goddess slut of support killsteals and hitting too damn heart with Q + Power Chord.

Cool misogyny, bro.

• Options
    sometimes

a team makes me confused in a way

that i can't even be upset.

i do not know what our bot lane, mid lane, and jungler were doing for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the game.

But whatever it was we were down 2 to 14 when the enemy picked up the first dragon and it only got worse.

it was one of those games where it feels like you're not even playing league of legends because the match is completely noncompetitive. these two teams should not be playing each other.

what happened

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Snip....

what happened

Sounds like Matchmaker to me!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    sometimes

i do not know what our bot lane, mid lane, and jungler were doing for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the game.

But whatever it was we were down 2 to 14 when the enemy picked up the first dragon and it only got worse.

it was one of those games where it feels like you're not even playing league of legends because the match is completely noncompetitive. these two teams should not be playing each other.

what happened

"matchmaking working as intended"

-Riot

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    sometimes

what happened

Even pro games are like this sometimes. Just happens occasionally.

Like you say, there's no point in getting upset at these matches. Sometimes a game is completely uncarriable due to the snowballing nature of LoL.

Use those games as an opportunity to try a new first item build, try and win your lane, and/or work on your farming with the champ you're playing.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    I'm gonna say something crazy. I think Azir is gonna show up this weekend in the playoffs. I don't know where, and I don't know when. But he's gonna show up big.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Azir almost beat EDG on the LPL quaterfinals.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Azir almost beat EDG on the LPL quaterfinals.

Almost counts in horsehoes, handgrenades, and long teamfights. Azir hype.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular

I wish we had more female characters in league that were like Leona. Clothed, powerful, not built like a fully stacked mejais, and not alluding to phone sex in their dialogue. I just wish calling them a goddess and a slut in the same sentence cancelled each other out.

After a long time of not getting Diana, I came back to her after playing AP Leona. I get it. Before I looked at her like she was a caster and took her spells on their crappy ratios and base damage. Then I realized that hitting her full kit, not just four spells and her passive once, is actually really crazy.

The moral of the story is, looking at how we approach Leona is a great way to approach any other female in gaming/life. Regardless of how they advertise themselves.

Also, Riot should really set a "Leona Standard" and apply it to every female champion. It would help them on so many levels.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Wasn't Azir in last week's FNC vs UOL game?

Nevermind, where the hell did I see Azir in competitive last week?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Xiye played him 3 times. Won 1. EDG had to bring pawn back from the dead (well sick, not supposed to play in these playoffs) to win game 5 against WE.

Which is a shame because damn i wanted the WE hype to be real

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    I'm gonna say something crazy. I think Azir is gonna show up this weekend in the playoffs. I don't know where, and I don't know when. But he's gonna show up big.

Hmm, this weekend is all NA. Certainly a possibility that FeniX goes to it again, he used it in the semifinals. I don't think that any of the other teams would take a risk on it, though.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Wasn't Azir in last week's FNC vs UOL game?

Nevermind, where the hell did I see Azir in competitive last week?

TL vs c9. And TL played it to poor effect. I think he's a sleeper op in the current meta.

• Options
    Counter Logic... maybe a name change is in order?

Stick with the Fucking Plan Gaming. ...StFuPlG.
    I was always a fan of "countered logic gaming"

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Did somebody say "Soloque"?

Neither Lux nor Lee landed a single Q in a fight.

Oh and of course it was a promotion series.

Because why the fuck not

Khavall on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Debonair Galio is out. I wonder when the Forsaken Jayce skin is going to hit?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Did somebody say "Soloque"?

Neither Lux nor Lee landed a single Q in a fight.

Oh and of course it was a promotion series.

Because why the fuck not

I just failed out of my Silver 5 promotion series this morning. Bears, cats, spears and vikings couldn't carry my teams, so scared were they of winning.

Maybe the yeti and the jester can carry me out.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    carrying is a myth. there is only playing well and lets positive thinking!

• Options
    I wonder who the next debonair skin is going to be. I would think a support.

Debonair Taric/Ezreal botlane?

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Going 9-0 with Hec top against a Jax and then to lose the game because mid DC'ed halfway through the game and never came back.

Sigh.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    carrying is a myth. there is only playing well and lets positive thinking!

I know. But holy fuck the "chase everyone, ignore fall-back pings, kills are the only thing that matters" mentality is real strong in the games I've been in lately.

It's just real hard to find a win and maybe I should just take a break before I give up entirely.

• Options
    I think humility helps too. I never think to myself "oh I'm better than this"

instead I'm constantly shocked that I'm still winning games

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Chasing is often losing, let them go and get objectives.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    You're only as good as the teams you get. You literally can't be better. Your focus has to be entirely about winning despite all odds.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, yeah. I don't think I'm that much better mechanically than my recent teams, but I'm pretty sure I'm better at making better calls than them.

It doesn't matter though, guess I'll keep riding the roller coaster.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    I mean I just try to play well, and I've gone from silver 2 to plat 5 in 180 games while playing the purportedly hardest roles to advance as(support and jungle) so I figured out something

• Options
    Learn me your ways, Jars. I clearly need them.

• Options
    Hmm. it seems like people are having a worse time than usual right now in the ol SoloQ

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't know I don't even think I'm very good!

I'm open to regular games but I'd probably do something stupid like jungle galio
    I bet it would work

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

I'm open to regular games but I'd probably do something stupid like jungle galio
    I bet it would work

Didn't you play alot of rammus support? He's still totaly stupid in the jungle.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hmm. it seems like people are having a worse time than usual right now in the ol SoloQ

I've been blaming it on Spring Break, personally.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    A steak! wrote: »

Cool misogyny, bro.

You obviously weren't playing this game back in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsTE1vpoXM

What is a sense of humor?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Varethius wrote: »
    I also wish Taric was decent. He's one of my favourite supports to mess around on. But he's just so useless after the laning phase. And even that's dependent on the match up.

Streamer I watch has achieved D4 playing almost nothing but Taric support. He's actually ridiculous in the double tank meta and even more ridiculous in the meta where everyone is locking down Blitzcrank/Thresh/Nautilus supports blindly. He just punishes the shit out of pull supports, and his R, W and E can swing team fights hard.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

I bet it would work

Didn't you play alot of rammus support? He's still totaly stupid in the jungle.

Cool misogyny, bro.

The good times.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Cool misogyny, bro.

Ummm, if you were making a reference, why make a five year old reference? Why call Sona a slut goddess too? Why follow that example? Even taken at the absolute best, it's still not cool brah. I was considering engaging it, since you called them goddess at the same time and all, but even I didn't feel the need. I'm pretty easy to get engaged.

Maybe go with a Charlie's Angels reference next time. Link a supporting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCLA80Jeh44

This discussion has been closed.