As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [WiP] ALL-NEW TOMORROW'S GUARDIANS #1 featuring machine-gun wielding Imps

1235»

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @dresdenphile @Grunt's Ghosts @jdarksun @Mikey CTS

As Astro Girl charges forward into the heat, she begins to feel drained. Every step comes at greater cost, until she feels the weakness creep into her very bones. Every every inch, Vaquish seems to inflate a bit more, his scales shimmering brighter, his eyes burning with that much more hatred. "DIE!" With the new shout, the flames burst forward with renewed strength, enough to send Astro Girl hurtling backwards just as Metalhead takes his shot. In the alien's wake, the flames surge forward, rushing towards the Guardians, and setting the hallway aflame as it goes. Astro Girl is little more than a projectile now, spiraling backward through the air towards her friends.

Astro Girl, take a Moderate Condition: Burned by Balefire.

Metalhead, do you send your shot wide to avoid Astro Girl, lessening its effect on Vaquish so that he merely stops producing more flame, or do you keep your aim true, catching Astro Girl and Vaquish alike with the full blast?

Guardians, what do you do with the fire and Astro Girl coming straight at you in the hallway?

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @jdarksun I think you should do it. We have got to get something proactive done. AG can take a bit more, take the shot.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    How is she out of the fight? You need 4 Critical Conditions to be dead... You don't even have one!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Trickshot grabs his bow and fires at the fire sprinklers.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Taking Control

On my phone so I forgot what it's really called but I was going to do this original to see if I could wash the blood runes off and maybe disrupt the ritual...

Taking Control:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=4, 2]

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Metalhead

Edgar isn't quick enough to adjust his aim around his flung team mate, and catches her in the blast.

---
    I'll hit Vaquish for full, catch Astro Girl in the blast, and apologize afterward.

• Options
    @jdarksun @Mikey CTS @Grunt's Ghosts @dresdenphile

So, since it seems like there was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part when it comes to the type of Superhero game you guys wanted to play, I'll tone it down a bit and give you easier fights outside of the "final boss".

Also, unless you guys specify otherwise, I'm going to assume you use one of your Takedown points to avoid danger. So be sure to let me know if you aren't. Also feel free to let me know if you want a particular condition applied. @jdarksun if you wanted this to be a full on Moderate Codition and have you suffer some effects for it, rather than Minor, let me know and I'll change this post up a bit.

Double Also, @Mikey CTS go ahead and change that condition to "Drained by Balefire" from burned. Forgot to fix that before I posted. It'll basically kick in when you do something that requires continuous exertion.

---

With Astro Girl temporarily weakened by the Balefire, Metalhead's blast bounces her off the hallway wall, dazing her slightly as it rushes forward to it's main target.

As the sound waves reach Vaquish, he reels, roaring as he's knocked backwards, his flames temporarily caught in his throat.

Vaquish takes the Minor Condition All Choked Up
    Astro Girl takes the Minor Condition Seeing Stars

Guardians, what do you do?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @InkSplat What of my roll?

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    @InkSplat What of my roll?

Whoops. Missed it. Will post a bit later and fix that.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @Grunt's Ghosts also, roll didn't count for that. That ends up being just "Use the Environment" so no negatives!

As Trickshot's arrow cracks off the sprinkler head, water begins spraying like crazy in the hallway. It doesn't seem to be enough to put all the flames out on the walls and floor, but it is enough to put out the flames stuck to Astro Girl, and at least lessen the green-tinted fires elsewhere. The effect, however, seems to be isolated, as the rest of the sprinklers don't add to the sudden downpour.

Astro Girl, remove the Minor Condition: Wreathed in Balefire

InkSplat on
  • Options
    I'm going to speak in color now. Anyhow, Originally I thought of doing it to wash the blood off, which would have been Taking Control since it would have been against Conjuress's ritual but in this case it would be Use the Environment to drown out the flames on Astro Girl.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Blastique

"How did Dad do this for so long?" thinks Blastique, as she tries to bring up her force field once again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Metalhead

Edgar winces as his blast catches the flung Astro Girl. "Sorry!" He called out lamely, knowing full well that Trickshot would likely add this to the litany of gripes issued Edgar's way at the end of the mission.

Arms raised and ready to fire, Edgar called out to the creature. "You don't have to do this. Stand down, now, and you won't get any more hurt."

---
    Minion, roll 2d6+0 for verbal Takedown (Influence)

Edit: If possible, I'd like to impose the Minor Condition (Doubt) and take no harm in the doing.

verbal Takedown (Influence):
    2d6+0 8 [2d6=5, 3]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Astro Girl

The soothing water fell over her skin to Astro Girl's great relief. It turned to steam almost immediately on contact as it rapidly cooled her flesh. The sensation was short-lived as before she could correct herself through her ability to fly, Metalhead's blast caught her in the right flank sending her spiraling out of control. She careens back accross the floor, tumbling till inevitable stopping with her face pressed against the floor, arms and legs twisted and posterior up. The 'sorry' that echoed through her head just made her more angry the more she thought about it.

"Metalhead, you jerk!" Astro Girl cried in outrage.

It was time to get angry, though. To focus that rage and put it to good use. She takes a deep breath, letting the fog clear from her mind, the spirals through the air at Vaquish like a rocket with a mighty yell. Her knuckles drill into the monster's left, shattering every rib her knuckles connect with.

Burning a Bond with Metalhead to take 10+ on Takedown against Vaquish.

I will choose take no harm and impose a Moderate condition, Shattered ribs.

@InkSplat I don't think it actually has anything to do with the way you're running the game. You're doing a fine job. You are bound by the dice rolls, though. And I think it's just the dice system is really hateful. It's punishing, especially if you're having the shitty luck like we've had.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay guys. @jdarksun @dresdenphile @Grunt's Ghosts

@Mikey CTS Normally you still have to roll when you Burn a Bond, it just ups the result by 1 level. But, since i've already been held up from posting, we'll just go with it this time.

Blastique raises her force field just in time to divert the last of the flames in the hallway, though the close call and the faint buzzing and fzzting from her generator keeps her on edge.

Meanwhile, as Metalhead goes for the calming, diplomatic approach.. Astro Girl goes for the slightly more violent method, dashing forward and smashing her fist into the beast's torso, cracking ribs, but also making him sure that yes, he really does need to do this. As he reels from the blow, Vaquish lunges forward, mouth frothing, attempting to tackle Astro Girl backwards, into the flames, and potentially through the wall itself.

Vaquish takes the Moderate Condition: Shattered Ribs. (mc: All Choked Up, MC: Shattered Ribs)
    Blastique, take the Minor Condition: Overwhelmed.

Astro Girl, what do you do?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Metalhead

Edgar leaped onto the creatures back, put both hands against its head, and blasted Vaquish with both sonic amplifiers. "Trickshot, do something! Shoot it or whatever!"

---
    Minion, roll 2d6+2 for Takedown (Smash)

Edit: I'll impose a moderate condition, "Shattered Eardrums" and expose myself to danger.

Takedown (Smash):
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=2, 5]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Astro Girl

That is the weirdest system. Alright, moving forward.

Astro Girl planted her feet into the ground and locked hands with the beast, pushing back against his advance.

Geth roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger, Protect

Don't dick me this time bot.

Defy Danger, Protect:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=6, 1]

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Trickshot mC- Frustrated MC- Bandage Left Leg

Trickshot shoots an arrow at Vaquish but with Astro Girl pushing fighting it, it's moving to much and the arrow just misses it's target.

Attacking the Ugly One (2d6+2 Takedown): 2d6+2 6

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts @jdarksun @Mikey CTS

Vaquish slams Astro Girl into the wall, cracking the plaster, but not doing anything particularly impressive as Metalhead jumps onto the beast's back and unleashed a savage burst of sound into his head. As the beat pierced his eardrums, Vaquish half-screamed, half-roared, dropping to one knee--and putting Metalhead directly in the path of Trickshot's arrow, which catches him directly in the side of his mask, sending him spinning off the creature's back.

Before Astro Girl can take advantage of his new position though, Vaquish's eyes flare with pain and rage, his strength seeming to grow, and to make matters worse, she can see the flames about to erupt from his maw once more, with her pressed back against the wall.

Vaquish takes the Moderate Condition: Shattered Eardrums (MC: Shattered Ribs, Shattered Eardrums)

Trickshot, lose the Minor Condition: Frustrated and gain the Moderate Condition: Shaken Faith. (Shaken Faith will kick in when trying to rally the team, or when your doubt of the team's capabilities would play a part.

Metalhead, take the Moderate Condition: Damaged HUD[/b] (This will kick in when trying to process information through your suit).

Astro Girl, what do you do?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Astro Girl

"Oh no you dont!" cries the Girl from the Stars.

She interlaces her fingers together and brings them down on top of the monster's head.

Geth roll 2d6+1 for Smash

Edit: I choose to inflict Minor Condition (seeing stars) and to take no damage

Smash:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=3, 4]

Mikey CTS on